Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-15-2009, 01:18 PM   #1
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Exclamation Boy floats away in a homemade balloon, by accident, he needs rescue!

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...39/detail.html

Quote:
FORT COLLINS, Colo. -- A 6-year-old boy is floating over northeastern Colorado in a homebuilt balloon and authorities are racing to try and rescue him.

The balloon, in the shape of a flying saucer is covered in foil and filled with helium. It has a compartment for a passenger underneath. It lifted the boy into the air near Fort Collins Thursday morning after the balloon became untethered at the boy's home.
Damn I'm watching this right now on TV...

Live Feed, http://www.cnn.com/video/flashLive/l...am4&iref=lb100
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2009, 01:20 PM   #2
I LUV MY S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
I LUV MY S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
that thing is going fast!

-Jorge
I LUV MY S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:21 PM   #3
aziankingz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
aziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really nice
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
lol saw that on cnn.com..shit is funny as hell
aziankingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:27 PM   #4
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
OMG, WTF!? I'm watching this thing LIVE right now, its on every channel! lol. This is so surreal, hope they get him down safely.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:30 PM   #5
DrftSLowHomIe!!
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
DrftSLowHomIe!! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
holy crap how the hell did he get in there?? hope he lives tru this
Old 10-15-2009, 01:32 PM   #6
coww-cho!!!!!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
coww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to coww-cho!!!!!
hahahah thats nuts watching on tv right now....he's probably waiting for iron man to get him or something jk
**CoUpe LOve** #3
coww-cho!!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:34 PM   #7
aziankingz
Nissanaholic!

aziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really nice
are they going to wait for the balloon to deflate? wouldnt that take a long long time? they need to get a hot air balloon up there to jump on.. i wonder what they are going to do.. kid probably shit his pants too..
Old 10-15-2009, 01:36 PM   #8
coww-cho!!!!!
Zilvia FREAK!

coww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to coww-cho!!!!!
sweet landing
**CoUpe LOve** #3
coww-cho!!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:38 PM   #9
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
haha my friend just showed me the link. its nuts!

xquizitditz
enkei2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:38 PM   #10
nevertheless
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
nevertheless is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by coww-cho!!!!! View Post
hahahah thats nuts watching on tv right now....he's probably waiting for iron man to get him or something jk
I loled at that, looks like it landed, i bet he shit his pants when it took off. His parents are going to be pissed.
nevertheless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:43 PM   #11
I LUV MY S13
Post Whore!

no one was on

-Jorge
Old 10-15-2009, 01:43 PM   #12
fuk240sx
Zilvia Member

fuk240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
hes not in the balloon....no body knows where this kid is!
fuk240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:44 PM   #13
I LUV MY S13
Post Whore!

well it looks like he fell out...lets hope hes ok

-Jorge
Old 10-15-2009, 01:44 PM   #14
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
OMG! The balloon landed and the boy was not found inside. They now suspect that he may have fallen out.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:45 PM   #15
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
OMG....this is so sad, everything captured live too. =/
Old 10-15-2009, 01:46 PM   #16
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
hes not in it
Old 10-15-2009, 01:46 PM   #17
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by aziankingz View Post
Crazy. Yes.

Funny. No.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:51 PM   #18
NAZ

NAZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Playing a little devils advocate here, the father is having work published in the near future. Could this be an elaborate scheme to promote?
Old 10-15-2009, 01:51 PM   #19
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by aziankingz View Post
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
hes not in it
It's reported that no one was found inside the balloon. No open hatch at time of landing suggests no one was ever in the balloon at all.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:51 PM   #20
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
dude the father is a fucking nutcase, chases tornados,.. and brings his kids along when they do it.. and probably named his son Falcon because of his passion for weather/aviation..

how would the boy get latched inside if someone didnt do it?
Old 10-15-2009, 01:57 PM   #21
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
How ironic his name is Falkon.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:58 PM   #22
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Thats not what they are reporting. The story is that the dad is an ex-weather chaser/weather scientist. His neighbors say that is constantly doing weather experiments. The dad and the oldest son where working on this weather balloon and one of the youngest son's hopped in the balloon and took off, it happened so fast they couldn't stop him/it from taking off. I mean imagine, its filled with helium.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:01 PM   #23
jimmytango00
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Trader Rating: (14)
jimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmytango00
here they are reporting that the door was unlatched since it took off.

I hope the kid is ok.
jimmytango00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 02:03 PM   #24
HyperTek
Post Whore!

my theory, Dude freaking lost his kid while in his possession, hid it from family etc.. and decided "If i launch the balloon, ill get the whole nation looking for my son!" lol
Old 10-15-2009, 02:03 PM   #25
I LUV MY S13
Post Whore!

thy're saying he may have never gotten in...but then where did he go? didnt the dad see him get in?

-Jorge
Old 10-15-2009, 02:05 PM   #26
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Meterologist just pointed out that it wouldn't have that much lift with a six year old in it, and that if he fell out, it may have been very low. But hoax/mistake is looking more and more likely.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:11 PM   #27
cserrano86
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
cserrano86 has much to be proud ofcserrano86 has much to be proud ofcserrano86 has much to be proud ofcserrano86 has much to be proud ofcserrano86 has much to be proud ofcserrano86 has much to be proud ofcserrano86 has much to be proud ofcserrano86 has much to be proud ofcserrano86 has much to be proud ofcserrano86 has much to be proud ofcserrano86 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I bet he's gonna turn up asleep under some car.. Kids always like to play hide and seek and forget they're playing...

But I hope they find him safe... crazy..

Chris Serrano
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJF View Post
Watch the Mac cracks! Zilvia runs on Mac and oh a few Linux servers.
cserrano86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 02:13 PM   #28
aziankingz
Nissanaholic!

well it was funny before they reported that the kid may have fallen out..
Old 10-15-2009, 02:20 PM   #29
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Wait a second...these people where on TV?

Quote:
The Heene family from Colorado live life on the edge. Wife Mayumi (43) and storm scientist Richard (45) take their three kids, Bradford (8), Ryo (7) and Falcon (5), out of school to go on storm chasing missions to prove Richard's theories about magnetic fields and gravity. If conditions are right, Mayumi wakes her family by shouting "Storm Approaching, Storm Approaching!" into a bullhorn. The family sleep in their clothes so they can leap out of bed and into the storm-mobile. Richard calls Mayumi his 'ninja wife'; she maintains equipment, drives the storm-mobile, films tornadoes and waits with the kids while Richard jumps on his motorbike, heads into the eye of the storm and launches rockets to measure magnetic forces. At home the family are as chaotic as a twister: the kids have no table manners and throw themselves around the house, and while Richard devotes every moment to his research, he expects Mayumi to cook, clean and run the house without any help.
http://abc.go.com/shows/wife-swap/ep...emartel/132697

And these people have NO idea how to pronounce Ryo.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:22 PM   #30
HyperTek
Post Whore!

it could be that the kid accidently released the ballon while no one was looking and then went into hiding in fear of getting in trouble, but he must be good at hiding lol