Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-19-2009, 09:46 AM   #31
LeftNutOfGowd
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
LeftNutOfGowd is close to perfectionLeftNutOfGowd is close to perfectionLeftNutOfGowd is close to perfectionLeftNutOfGowd is close to perfectionLeftNutOfGowd is close to perfectionLeftNutOfGowd is close to perfectionLeftNutOfGowd is close to perfectionLeftNutOfGowd is close to perfectionLeftNutOfGowd is close to perfectionLeftNutOfGowd is close to perfectionLeftNutOfGowd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to LeftNutOfGowd
Quote:
Originally Posted by markyd0s View Post
Buy a 360 and mod that mother f*cker! Trust me you wont be disapointed.
Agree paying 12 bucks for 20 games is so much better then 60+ for one

LeftNutOfGowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2009, 01:14 PM   #32
stenJDM

stenJDM is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to stenJDM
yeah 360 is a bit better for gaming as there are more games and better online. But ps3 has free online and it supports all kinds of hardware that isnt sony based, unlike the xbox wich only supports official microsoft hardware products. i use the ps3 to watch dvds and blurays, sometimes i surf the internet with it and use it as a media server. the ps3 can do more tricks but the 360 is more of an hardcore gaming platform.
stenJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 04:38 PM   #33
Helghast
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
Helghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Helghast
What?
It's a VIDEOGAME system.
That's all that matters.

if the PS3 didn't have Blu-ray support, only fanboys would own it.
I was a Sony fanboy till the failed on the price and lack of games for the PS3.

How can anyone not justify a modded 360?
Old 10-19-2009, 05:30 PM   #34
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Who the hell would want to browse online using a ps3? That's what computers are for.

I don't even know the last time I bought a movie. Let alone a blueray cd.

Xbox has better games.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:55 PM   #35
jworks
Zilvia Member

jworks has a spectacular aura aboutjworks has a spectacular aura aboutjworks has a spectacular aura aboutjworks has a spectacular aura aboutjworks has a spectacular aura aboutjworks has a spectacular aura about
I got a new arcade version with a 20gig hhd bundle (yea, yea rip on me for cheaping out) So far everything I need is being met and I'm very happy. I don't know if its the fact that I've been deprived of good graphics or that the only two consoles I ever owned was a 16-bit sega genesis and a PS2 (which i got back in 05) The graphics are amazing and I'm not even playing in HD, I'm using the old skool RCA cables on my p.o.s TV.

I heard the main problem with the 360 is overheating, from what I have experienced so far it only gets lukewarm and thats after about 3 hours of playing (forza 2) non stop. Improvement? I checked my roommate's 360 and his is blazing hot compared to mine.
jworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:19 PM   #36
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
He might have an older one which runs hotter.

There's really nothing you can do for the old systems to keep them cool.

Maybe he should try installing the games he's playing to the HD.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:36 PM   #37
jworks
Zilvia Member

jworks has a spectacular aura aboutjworks has a spectacular aura aboutjworks has a spectacular aura aboutjworks has a spectacular aura aboutjworks has a spectacular aura aboutjworks has a spectacular aura about
That feature really tripped me out I didn't know you could move your games on to the hard drive. Does it make the 360 run cooler or efficient than having the CD in? I can't wait to get Forza 3, its going to take about 8gigs of space for it to run without the CD and have all the content from the second CD.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:53 AM   #38
Helghast
Zilvia FREAK!

Helghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfection
It doesn't install the full game, just a portion of it.
I think Forza 3 clocks just under 3GB's. I'd have to double check.

It's best to Install the games as it stops the drive from spinning, thus saving the lens.
(which is replaceable if it breaks. Mine did)

The overheating problem is easily mended.
The 360 runs hot, but it has fans keeping it fairly cool.
Once you turn the 360 off, the fans turn off too.
Heat stays in there and slooooooooooowly melts parts.
Months later, RROD.

My solution? I bought el-cheapo fan from Target and let it run behind the 360.
I'd turn it off about 1.5hrs later after I'm done to properly cool everything.

I've had a 360 since launch and never RROD.
Easily 5hrs of gameplay on some days.
Even longer when company is over.

I only replaced it with an Elite because I wanted HDMI.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:03 AM   #39
stenJDM

stenJDM is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to stenJDM
and ps3 has gran turismo 5, cant beat that. and wifi, personally im not a fan of wires on the floor, looks ugly. on the xbox you have to buy the wifi thingy. and you dont have to buy the expensive model to get a bigger hard drive, you can hook up any usb hard drives or just throw in a laptop hardrive.
stenJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:16 AM   #40
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ha, this is great. So I had two extra trashed 360's my cousin gave me he found in a house in the hood. I lent them to my other cousin because his 360's Disc drive stopped working. He was able to use one of the disc drives and his 360 has been fine ever since. He previously RROD and sent it into MS under warranty.

Well I meet up with him last night to get the junk 360's back to see if I could use some parts from it. We were talking about how big of a pile of shit these things are.

I get a text from him this morning..."my 360 took a shit on me again last night".

WHAT A FUCKIN PILE OF SHIT.

Shadow Complex is probably my favorite game in the last 5-6 years. Doesn't fuckin matter if my 360 keeps dieing on my now does it?
Old 10-20-2009, 08:34 AM   #41
240love
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
so far mine is being running good but ive only had it for a couple months but it was also previously owned so idk

but yea i used to love ps3 but my friend shined the light on men about 360s
240love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:35 AM   #42
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Ha, this is great. So I had two extra trashed 360's my cousin gave me he found in a house in the hood. I lent them to my other cousin because his 360's Disc drive stopped working. He was able to use one of the disc drives and his 360 has been fine ever since. He previously RROD and sent it into MS under warranty.

Well I meet up with him last night to get the junk 360's back to see if I could use some parts from it. We were talking about how big of a pile of shit these things are.

I get a text from him this morning..."my 360 took a shit on me again last night".

WHAT A FUCKIN PILE OF SHIT.

Shadow Complex is probably my favorite game in the last 5-6 years. Doesn't
fuckin matter if my 360 keeps dieing on my now does it?
I think that is just random shitty luck. My friend and I have both had 2 rrod, and now over a year with no problems.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:04 AM   #43
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by future240 View Post
I think that is just random shitty luck. My friend and I have both had 2 rrod, and now over a year with no problems.
The failure rate on all 360's is 54.2%, and that is including the new ones were the have "fixed" the problem. Can you imagine what it is for just the early ones? Probably near 90%. That is completely unacceptable to me. It was great they extended the warranty for those LUCKY enough for their POS to RROD within the warranty but people like me who's 360 juuuust made it long enough get screwed. They KNOW it's THEIR problem and it's BS that they aren't fixing every last one.

Hell car manufacturers do recalls on millions of cars at a time that are way ourt of warranty. That's how you handle business. Not say, "Oh sorry we sold you a product that we know is a POS. Good day.". No, you bit the bullet and you do what's right.

FUCK YOU MICROSOFT!

Can you tell I'm pissed? Now I even have my wife telling me she doesn't want me to spend more money to fix it. So on top of it I have to deal with that shit.

If I didn't like W7 so damn much I wouldn't be buying any of their shit.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:35 AM   #44
iHeartTheTouge
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
iHeartTheTouge is close to perfectioniHeartTheTouge is close to perfectioniHeartTheTouge is close to perfectioniHeartTheTouge is close to perfectioniHeartTheTouge is close to perfectioniHeartTheTouge is close to perfectioniHeartTheTouge is close to perfectioniHeartTheTouge is close to perfectioniHeartTheTouge is close to perfectioniHeartTheTouge is close to perfectioniHeartTheTouge is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
my 360 rrod'ed on me a couple months ago. i got halfway into fixing it before questioning whether its worth doing it so often. if the new chip they're using actually does fix the problem, i'd probably buy another just because of all the new games comin out this month and next. APB, Just Cause 2 (comin out for PS3 also), L4D2, and Forza 3 might make it worth it.

APB, its GTA on steroids.
IGN Video: APB Xbox 360 Trailer - Gameplay Trailer

Just Cause 2
IGN Video: Just Cause 2 Xbox 360 Video - Vertical Gameplay
Old 10-20-2009, 10:59 AM   #45
kOuKi MoNsTaRr
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
kOuKi MoNsTaRr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i have a 120gb and i don't need all that space but you rather have more than less imo.
you wont get banned if you don't play the game before the release date

and if you get the RROD then im pretty sure you can find someone who can get you the seals to replace so you can send it back to microsoft. 2 of my friends had this problem and sent it back no questions asked.

anybody on call of duty .. lets get down .. gamertag- bugeroks
kOuKi MoNsTaRr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 02:35 PM   #46
XperienceM5G
Zilvia Member

XperienceM5G is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to XperienceM5G Send a message via MSN to XperienceM5G
I bought the very first 360 model that came out, 20gb HDD, no HDMI support, and it still runs.
Freezes very occasionally after prolonged gaming, but other then that it's never given me any issues. I can endurance race Forza 2 all day long no sweat.

I'm not really sure what my magic is, besides that I have always kept it fairly cold while running.

Microsoft has been good to me. =)
Old 10-20-2009, 02:43 PM   #47
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by XperienceM5G View Post
I bought the very first 360 model that came out, 20gb HDD, no HDMI support, and it still runs.
Freezes very occasionally after prolonged gaming, but other then that it's never given me any issues. I can endurance race Forza 2 all day long no sweat.

I'm not really sure what my magic is, besides that I have always kept it fairly cold while running.

Microsoft has been good to me. =)
You're one of the lucky few. Every SINGLE person I know that has a day one system has RROD at least once.

If I were you I'd go have the fix done NOW before it happens. I guess if you do it before it happens there's almost no chance that it will happen ever.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:11 PM   #48
XperienceM5G
Zilvia Member

XperienceM5G is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to XperienceM5G Send a message via MSN to XperienceM5G
It really is just a matter of time before the things going to explode.

Might be a stupid question but how would I go about getting it fixed, and what does it cost?
Old 10-20-2009, 09:29 PM   #49
jworks
Zilvia Member

I heard its $100 to fix, they send you a box and stuff and a 3 week turn around. Its stupid though cause they send you some other guy's 360 they fixed and call it a day
Old 10-21-2009, 10:27 AM   #50
Helghast
Zilvia FREAK!

Going rate for a RROD fix is $40.

$100 is a JOKE.

SDMODS.com does it for $50, and they are daaaamn reliable.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:40 AM   #51
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

They stopped sending you out the "coffin" a while back. It was costing them too much money.

So now you have to box it up yourself AND pay $100.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:11 PM   #52
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helghast View Post
What?
It's a VIDEOGAME system.
That's all that matters.

if the PS3 didn't have Blu-ray support, only fanboys would own it.
I was a Sony fanboy till the failed on the price and lack of games for the PS3.

How can anyone not justify a modded 360?
agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jworks View Post
I got a new arcade version with a 20gig hhd bundle (yea, yea rip on me for cheaping out)
you cheap bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenJDM View Post
and ps3 has gran turismo 5, cant beat that. and wifi, personally im not a fan of wires on the floor, looks ugly. on the xbox you have to buy the wifi thingy. and you dont have to buy the expensive model to get a bigger hard drive, you can hook up any usb hard drives or just throw in a laptop hardrive.
GT5 has been promised for to long the hype is pretty dead...i personally was waiting to get a PS3 just for GT5, and finally in FEB i said fuck it and bought a 360...best fucking decision ive made...

so GT5 is on PS3

Xbox has a shit load of games that can make it equivalant to it, including DIRT and Forza...

not to mention that the PS3 honestly looks like utter shit compared to previous models...

will i buy a PS3, depends if GT5 delivers on the 5 + yr hype its been on...

Quote:
They stopped sending you out the "coffin" a while back. It was costing them too much money.

So now you have to box it up yourself AND pay $100.
thats why i bought the store warranty for a new one if it craps out lol

honestly

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 02:08 PM   #53
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
if your only intent is to buy ps3 only because of GT5, you might as well not, because you wont enjoy ps3. thats on the real. theres tons of good ps3 content that xbox360 people who dont really look at the ps3 wont know about.

But anyways this isnt about ps3 vs 360.
If i had a 360 id just open it and reapply the heat sink compound, i guess for me its no big deal since im used to messin with computer components.
Xbox 360 Heatsink Modification at JAmerican Junction
Old 10-21-2009, 02:36 PM   #54
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
i wanna install a turbo timer for the fan...

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:22 PM   #55
240love
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
that would be pretty sweet ^^
240love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:51 PM   #56
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
My box has the fans going after I turn it off for a few minutes...

Old 10-22-2009, 05:32 AM   #57
jworks
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
Do you have the Nyko Intercooler or something? I'm getting mixed reviews on it, I just have a cheap $3 fan facing the hot side of the xbox 360 (which is the side with the pegs if you lay it flat) I get no heat at all from it, its a bit noisy but manageable
Old 10-22-2009, 06:44 AM   #58
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post

So does mine, I don't know what the others are talking about.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 08:56 AM   #59
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALAZ_68 View Post

thats why i bought the store warranty for a new one if it craps out lol

honestly
Which again is lame to me. I've NEVER had to buy an extended warranty for any console I've ever owned in my life.

I wouldn't feel the need to buy one for a PS3 or a Wii right now. But if I bought a 360 I would. LAME.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:12 AM   #60
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jworks View Post
Do you have the Nyko Intercooler or something? I'm getting mixed reviews on it, I just have a cheap $3 fan facing the hot side of the xbox 360 (which is the side with the pegs if you lay it flat) I get no heat at all from it, its a bit noisy but manageable
No, I heard those intercooler POS make it more likely to red ring.

Quote:
Which again is lame to me. I've NEVER had to buy an extended warranty for any console I've ever owned in my life.

I wouldn't feel the need to buy one for a PS3 or a Wii right now. But if I bought a 360 I would. LAME.
I don't have a store warranty either... Craigslist doesn't have one