Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:08 PM   #1
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
S14_Kouki can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
The fourth kind

Has anyone seen the previews???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbQXxNWNxyY
S14_Kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2009, 12:57 AM   #2
keistyle
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
keistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Send a message via AIM to keistyle
This trailer scares me, I doubt its actually based off real events.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:59 AM   #3
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
The trailer is pretty freaky. I wanna watch it.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:16 AM   #4
godrifttoday
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (82)
godrifttoday is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 82 reviews
seems cool i would watch
godrifttoday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:16 AM   #5
I LUV MY S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
I LUV MY S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
looks sick

-Jorge
I LUV MY S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:20 AM   #6
meteorite_flo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
meteorite_flo is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Seen the trailer at the theater, very creepy. Who wants to go kick it at Nome, Alaska?
meteorite_flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:41 AM   #7
LeftNutOfGowd
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
LeftNutOfGowd is close to perfectionLeftNutOfGowd is close to perfectionLeftNutOfGowd is close to perfectionLeftNutOfGowd is close to perfectionLeftNutOfGowd is close to perfectionLeftNutOfGowd is close to perfectionLeftNutOfGowd is close to perfectionLeftNutOfGowd is close to perfectionLeftNutOfGowd is close to perfectionLeftNutOfGowd is close to perfectionLeftNutOfGowd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to LeftNutOfGowd
idk after watching paranormal activity I feel like this is getting just as hyped up and it will end up being a let down

LeftNutOfGowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:08 AM   #8
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
S14_Kouki can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I wonder what actually real events they have???
S14_Kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:47 PM   #9
zylvia213
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (36)
zylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zylvia213
hey so some of those vid clips are actual footage of these events?
Old 10-20-2009, 11:10 PM   #10
S13Boosts
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (12)
S13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14_Kouki View Post
I wonder what actually real events they have???
hate to spoil it for ya guys but i searched and found this, I TOO wanted to know if it was real but i guess not...

"The Fourth Kind" is one of those horror mystery flicks that bills itself as a "fact-based thriller." Set in Nome, Alaska, the movie seeks to explain the supposed mystery of an unusually high missing-persons rate in that area. The film says it re-enacts, documentary-style, actual footage of alien abductees. But the real mystery may be: How real is the movie? The Buzz Log investigates.
First of all, what exactly is the fourth kind?
According to the movie, a scale developed back in 1972 was designed to measure alien encounters. (Remember "Close Encounters of the Third Kind"? That's the scale. ) UFO sighting is the first kind. Evidence is the second kind. Contact with extra terrestrials is the third. And the fourth kind? You guessed it: abduction.
The set up
The teaser trailer, which opens with its star, Milla Jovovich, claiming that everything you're about to see is true, has the Web buzzing. Searches on "the fourth kind" have surged 200% in the last seven days. Thrill seekers have also been looking up "the fourth kind movie" and "the fourth kind trailer." The official site encourages believers to post their abduction experiences on Facebook and Twitter, and lists Web resources for further reading on the topic of UFOs. Insert "X-Files" soundtrack here.
How real is it?
Depends on your definition of the word "real." On the scale of documentaries, from Ken Burns yawn-inducing historical to fake-umentary "Blair Witch Project," guess which one this is. The story is set around psychiatrist Abagail Tyler, a supposedly real person who interviewed sleep-deprived patients claiming they were abducted by aliens.
The movie promises that the scenes were all recreated from "archival footage." Except. Actual Nome residents say they've never heard of any alien abductions. And the Anchorage Daily News does a pretty good job debunking the story (including the observation that no psychiatrist exists by that name.) The accounts of alien abductions are said to explain an unusually high death and disappearance rate. The FBI blamed alcoholism. Locals said it was a serial killer. Nobody seems to blame aliens.
But hey, who really cares if the back story doesn't add up if it's a good scare? Fear junkies screamed their way through "Paranormal Activity," helping the DIY horror flick mint $30 million in just three weeks.
Makers of "The Fourth Kind" must be hoping to capture some of that scare appeal. Clearly, they are the believers.
S13Boosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:17 PM   #11
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
Its hollywood. The only thing real there is the cellulose the movies are printed on.

It does look like a scary movie though. As far as scary goes, I still think my experience watching "Fire in the Sky" when i was 5 tops it all. There's one way to scar a child for years lol
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 12:31 AM   #12
twotoes
Zilvia Member

twotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymore
this type of movie freaks me out, im definitely gonna go watch this in theaters.
twotoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 01:20 AM   #13
Kamburrito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (25)
Kamburrito is close to perfectionKamburrito is close to perfectionKamburrito is close to perfectionKamburrito is close to perfectionKamburrito is close to perfectionKamburrito is close to perfectionKamburrito is close to perfectionKamburrito is close to perfectionKamburrito is close to perfectionKamburrito is close to perfectionKamburrito is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kamburrito
i've been wanting to watch this for the longest. ooo WWEEE!!
Old 10-21-2009, 12:18 PM   #14
keistyle
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
keistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Send a message via AIM to keistyle
milla jovovich is amazing
Old 10-21-2009, 12:26 PM   #15
Kid coupie
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (19)
Kid coupie is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13boosts View Post
hate to spoil it for ya guys but i searched and found this, i too wanted to know if it was real but i guess not...

"the fourth kind" is one of those horror mystery flicks that bills itself as a "fact-based thriller." set in nome, alaska, the movie seeks to explain the supposed mystery of an unusually high missing-persons rate in that area. The film says it re-enacts, documentary-style, actual footage of alien abductees. But the real mystery may be: How real is the movie? The buzz log investigates.
first of all, what exactly is the fourth kind?
according to the movie, a scale developed back in 1972 was designed to measure alien encounters. (remember "close encounters of the third kind"? That's the scale. ) ufo sighting is the first kind. Evidence is the second kind. Contact with extra terrestrials is the third. And the fourth kind? You guessed it: Abduction.
the set up
the teaser trailer, which opens with its star, milla jovovich, claiming that everything you're about to see is true, has the web buzzing. Searches on "the fourth kind" have surged 200% in the last seven days. Thrill seekers have also been looking up "the fourth kind movie" and "the fourth kind trailer." the official site encourages believers to post their abduction experiences on facebook and twitter, and lists web resources for further reading on the topic of ufos. Insert "x-files" soundtrack here.
how real is it?
depends on your definition of the word "real." on the scale of documentaries, from ken burns yawn-inducing historical to fake-umentary "blair witch project," guess which one this is. The story is set around psychiatrist abagail tyler, a supposedly real person who interviewed sleep-deprived patients claiming they were abducted by aliens.
The movie promises that the scenes were all recreated from "archival footage." except. Actual nome residents say they've never heard of any alien abductions. And the anchorage daily news does a pretty good job debunking the story (including the observation that no psychiatrist exists by that name.) the accounts of alien abductions are said to explain an unusually high death and disappearance rate. The fbi blamed alcoholism. Locals said it was a serial killer. Nobody seems to blame aliens.
But hey, who really cares if the back story doesn't add up if it's a good scare? Fear junkies screamed their way through "paranormal activity," helping the diy horror flick mint $30 million in just three weeks.
Makers of "the fourth kind" must be hoping to capture some of that scare appeal. Clearly, they are the believers.

its all lies once again covered up by the government of course they would say she doesnt exist who wants a crazy doctor as part of their board.....lol idk if its true or not but looks cool
Kid coupie is offline   Reply With Quote