Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-21-2010, 05:07 PM   #121
nismo 240sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
nismo 240sx has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
i picked up the banks from nixon like 3 months ago...

http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/...anks-watch.jpg
nismo 240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2010, 11:37 PM   #122
Paul2x
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Paul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Paul2x
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrftSLowHomIe!! View Post
^^ clean watch man like the band on that
Thanks, Took me like 4-5 months to source the clasp. Ended up finding it at a local meet.

Nixon has been steping it up lately and coming out with some nice looking new designs.

Thoes Kognition watches are cool too. Just cool that they went through with it and made their own watch. Kudos Mike =)

Keep em' coming.

Professional Driver/ Instructor for Hire
Paul2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:39 AM   #123
drift_limo
Zilvia Junkie

drift_limo is a well-known jackass
Send a message via AIM to drift_limo
had:

gold rolex ( forgot what edition it is) dad broke the bands.never got around to fixing it.

custom marc ecko with real diamonds on the bezel. got stolen when they broke into my truck. never go out get drunk and leave your watch in the car.

on the market for something else

I think a watch is a watch BUT if your lookingfor an investmen spring for the good stuff that your budget can afford. other then that i would wear a calculator watch
Old 02-23-2010, 01:08 AM   #124
cole shoes
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
cole shoes is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
have you guys ever heard of rockwell watches they make some pretty nice ones.
cole shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:20 AM   #125
coww-cho!!!!!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
coww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to coww-cho!!!!!
For some of you nerdy people Tokyoflash watches might be of interest not my cup of tea but it's something that caters to a different crowd. Yes it actually does tell time, but mostly in binary form.

http://www.tokyoflash.com/en/

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyo flash
Hours 1-12 are displayed in the left column, from the bottom to the top, minutes from the bottom right, each lit LED representing a single minute. The time can be read more quickly if you look at the numbers on the right, each row of lit LEDs is equal to five minutes. The date can be read in a similar way.
so take this watch below. it reads 9:30

**CoUpe LOve** #3
coww-cho!!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:28 PM   #126
kandyflip445
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
kandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kandyflip445
I have this one. Parents gave it to me a while ago. I love the band and the look of the face. The Eco Drive works flawlessly also.

I'm wanting a more dressy watch though. Somthing like a metal band Citizen or a Omega or something. Glad this thread came up again.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:28 PM   #127
illxs14
Zilvia Junkie

illxs14 is making a name for him/her selfillxs14 is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to illxs14
Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo 240sx View Post
fuck that is sick!!!...nice watch dude
thanks man.
ever since i bought it. i've been lookin at other watches, and it's getting bad! haha i have another vestal coming. i really coulda used that money for something on the car! haha
meh.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:59 AM   #128
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilvia_brothers View Post
Nixons are awesome...got the nixon newton in white

The Newton - Nixon Watches and Accessories at nixonnow.com
thanks for the link, just bought it in blue. looks like a good accessoryfor spring/summer :d

thanks for making me gay, zilvia
Old 02-24-2010, 10:57 AM   #129
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
That looks cool.

Does it attract cute boys?
Old 02-26-2010, 01:39 PM   #130
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
That looks cool.

dunno, i'll wear it to the 240 convention and find out :d
Old 03-03-2010, 11:35 PM   #131
C2AUTOSPL
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (6)
C2AUTOSPL is a jewel in the roughC2AUTOSPL is a jewel in the roughC2AUTOSPL is a jewel in the roughC2AUTOSPL is a jewel in the roughC2AUTOSPL is a jewel in the roughC2AUTOSPL is a jewel in the roughC2AUTOSPL is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to C2AUTOSPL Send a message via Yahoo to C2AUTOSPL
I have this Boccia Titanium which I use Daily.

THen I use this Tag Carrera for special occasions. HOwever, I need to sell it since I need to buy an engagement ring.

CONTACT ME THRU:
- AIM: wide180sx
- Email: [email protected]
- MYSPACE: www.myspace.com/c2auto
- BLOG: www.c2auto.wordpress.com
C2AUTOSPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 12:22 PM   #132
victorw210
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
victorw210 has made poor choicesvictorw210 has made poor choicesvictorw210 has made poor choicesvictorw210 has made poor choicesvictorw210 has made poor choicesvictorw210 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

in case i need to bust out equations on the go
victorw210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:48 PM   #133
Paul2x
Zilvia Addict

Paul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond repute
Tag Carrera is awesome

Sport'n this today

Old 03-09-2010, 09:49 AM   #134
Paul2x
Zilvia Addict

Trying out the rubber strap on the SA today.

Old 03-09-2010, 02:58 PM   #135
driftsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (54)
driftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Quote:
That looks cool.

Old 03-10-2010, 02:39 AM   #136
slamburger
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (24)
slamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really nice
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimanator View Post
i've broken 2 of the 3 fossils I've owned...I just use my cell phone these days.
I hate when a dude says "thats stupid i use my cell phone to tell time"
Its not just about telling time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
This is the watch I wear daily. I got it in a back alley in Akihabara.

I like the G sensor Indiglo. When you bring the watch up to look at the time it turns on the backlight. Still haven't figured out what the e Data Bank is.
Did you go to any Maid cafe's in Akihabara? haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottMan View Post
Those who don't understand why watch enthusiasts enjoy watches will never "get it". Just as other people might say "why do you need a 180mph car when the speed limit is only 55mph?" Remember, mechanical watches keep far worse time than your everyday $15 quartz from Wal-Mart. So we're paying more for something that tells time, but is fundamentally worse at it's sole task than something that costs 1/10th as much. It's just one of those things that some people enjoy and others will never understand.

I don't think of a watch as purely a status symbol. I wear a suit every day so other than cufflinks my watch is the only piece of jewelry I have. I want that one piece of jewelry to say quality, style, and reliability both to myself when I put it on in the morning, and to my clients. Sure, part of it is status, especially with a blingy Breitling (which are absolutely gross, btw) or a 47mm Panerai, but my Omega is very understated and says "he appreciates a quality watch but isn't stupid enough to spend $10,000 on one."

This is what my watch looks like:
It's an Omega Seamaster Professional Bond.
This guy fucking gets it. +One million for him.

Oh and i dont care if you're left or right handed, a man wears his watch on his LEFT wrist.
slamburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 01:55 PM   #137
Paul2x
Zilvia Addict

Agreed ^^ for the most part outside of fact 47mm Pani's are gangster, and the left hand comment.

My big thing is the bandwagoners, guys that have the $$ but no appreciation for the watches, they just get whats "in" or what is known to be "in"

Rolex for instance. An amazing watch but I would never spend the $$ for one b/c their are Sooooo many other options out their for the same price or less that are way cooler.

Not to mention its the most knocked off watch out their.

Old 03-10-2010, 02:27 PM   #138
Silvette
Zilvia Member

Silvette is an unknown quantity at this point
Just saw this thread, I think as I get older and over the whole car thing. Watches will be my thing. I have a mini collection currently. Here is the one I wore today. Movado Fiero made out of tungsten, so it's virtually scratch proof. I paid a little under 3k for it in 2006. It's an awesome watch and I always get compliments for it. It was almost the same price as my s14. When I bought the chassis stock, but it was worth it.

Quick pick, as you can see i was cruising this thread lol.
Silvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:58 PM   #139
Paul2x
Zilvia Addict

^^Nice! Mavado's are classic^^

and Tungsten is cool =)

My pic today.
Chopard tycoon w/ blue alligator strap

Old 03-10-2010, 04:13 PM   #140
Silvette
Zilvia Member

Silvette is an unknown quantity at this point
^nice Chopard Tycoon, I think I saw a guy wearing one in Pink before? lol
Silvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:39 PM   #141
Paul2x
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvette View Post
^nice Chopard Tycoon, I think I saw a guy wearing one in Pink before? lol
lol :ghey:

Old 03-12-2010, 11:26 AM   #142
ScottMan
Zilvia Junkie

ScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ScottMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul2x View Post
Rolex for instance. An amazing watch but I would never spend the $$ for one b/c their are Sooooo many other options out their for the same price or less that are way cooler.
Agreed.

Picked this up since I posted last:

Old 03-13-2010, 11:58 AM   #143
94vert
Zilvia Member

94vert is an unknown quantity at this point
i rock a bretling i love the watch. but its sooo dam heavy!
94vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 12:16 PM   #144
jrocslider
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
jrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
my next watch

Omega Seamaster

what i really want but will have to wait

Breitling Chronomat B01
Old 03-13-2010, 12:26 PM   #145
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
I couldn't give a shit about time but I'd wear this just for looks.
That's really the only reason to wear any watch these days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94vert View Post
i rock a bretling i love the watch. but its sooo dam heavy!
Not a problem to me, I like the heaviest watch I can find.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamburger View Post
Oh and i dont care if you're left or right handed, a man wears his watch on his LEFT wrist.
EXACTLY!!!
The hand for a watch to be worn on, by design, has nothing to do with an individual's strong hand, but with the ease of setting the watch without having to remove it, which is why the crown is on the right hand side of every watch I have ever owned or touched.
It kills me to see someone in a $4-figure+ watch with it on the wrong hand.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:37 AM   #146
slamburger
Zilvia Addict

slamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really nice
I feel the same, heavy is not a problem for me either.

Now Philip, there are a few watches i've seen with the adjuster on the "wrong" side so to say? is that cuz some people wear their watch on the wrong arm?

such as this one:
Old 03-26-2010, 05:12 AM   #147
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I would be willing to bet that it was made for people who just refuse to be able to wear their left hand, if the crown and such are on the other side.
None of the watches I own are like that, though.

Off to work in one of those big chunky motherfuckers I posted way up there, I love em.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 05:42 AM   #148
ScottMan
Zilvia Junkie

ScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ScottMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamburger View Post
Now Philip, there are a few watches i've seen with the adjuster on the "wrong" side so to say? is that cuz some people wear their watch on the wrong arm?
]
Yes. Panerai has a series of pieces called "Destro" which are for left-handed people who wear their watch on their right hand. The winders, chronograph pushers, etc. are on the "other" side of the watch.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:09 AM   #149
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
I have a Bulova Marine Star that lasted me 10+ years but recently just stopped working. This just reminded me to contact Bulova for service. Thanks.
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 07:47 PM   #150
slamburger
Zilvia Addict

Anyone ever heard of this watch? maybe one day i will be able to afford this lolz