Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-10-2008, 05:30 PM   #61
svensko
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
svensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to svensko
Another thing to remember is the complexity of the electronics in our cars. With a muscle car, you can drop a crate engine, tweak the carb, and have a sick set up. I'll be surprised if you can even find a stock ECU for our car in 20 years.

Muscle cars also came from the factory with HUGE displacement engines. Not a 2.4 litre truck engine. Muscle cars were sold to the most grizzly rednecks you can imagine. The 240SX was sold to moms going through a mid-life crisis that needed a cute coupe.

I never plan on selling mine but if I did I wouldn't be expecting more than $5K for it, even modified.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:31 PM   #62
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
This is strictly U.S....correct?

I can see the Zenki being a collector item in Europe since its rare than the Kouki....well atleast in U.K.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/240SX

yes just 240sx's
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 05:35 PM   #63
max2damax
Zilvia Junkie

max2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by svensko View Post
I never plan on selling mine but if I did I wouldn't be expecting more than $5K for it, even modified.
I'LL TAKE IT!,

back on topic Im hoping they do,
here is a pic you wont see often 2 silver moss koukis next to each other.

here are my two future classics, my 98 smoss and 83 280zx turbo 5sp fully loaded,(not many of the around either.)

max2damax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 05:45 PM   #64
The Chad
Zilvia Addict

The Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really nice
^^^ that reminds me of my 1st car, 1979 280ZX. That was the 1st year of the zX, X meaning fuel injected. The 79' got all sorta options: Cruise control, A/C, auto up/down power windows, lumbar support, and of course a massive 21 gal fuel tank appealing to the touring crowd. I owned a 2+2 model** The 79 was also one of the slowest models as they tuned it quite a bit better in the earlier models that were running dual carbs. Good times Def a collector car.
The Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:14 PM   #65
Rob's S14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Rob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rob's S14
damn a 21 gal fuel tank..both look pretty sweet.

I'm definitely holding on to my car. That's why I want to get a dd hybrid.
Rob's S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:33 PM   #66
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc2_lsvtec View Post
i would argue the 240z being the one who "layed the groundwork."

i feel that the toyota 2000gt did much of the work. the 2000gt really turned heads and made people realize that the japanese are very capable of creating a sports car that rivals that of the american ones.

yes, the 240z seemed to sell much better, but it wouldnt be where it was without toyota's 2000gt coming first.

with that said, i dont think there will be a high demand for the 240sx. the 240sx is in that awkward pubecent phase of automotive history. just past carbs, but before technology really settled in. if someone wanted a "vintage" japanese car, why would they settle on a 240sx? the R32's, R33's, and R34's would be much more desirable, like they are today. the 240sx is just your common RWD sports coupe.

do you see people collecting foxboy mustangs too?
Ah go back and do your Homework a total of maybe 10 2000GT's made it to the United States. Do you know your history behind them as well?

Nissan and Yamaha were working on the Father or mother of the 240z and came to heads on the design. Project was dropped over a disagreement. Yamaha took its engine design and body ideas coming off the Nissan project to Toyota and you got the 2000GT.

Meanwhile Nissan decided to restart the Fairlady Z project and brought Mr Katayama into the picture the 240z was born.

It sold in record amounts in the United States for a Foreign built sports car, costing only 4k for a 2350lb, IRS, rack and pinion steering, 150hp sports car. (original weight pre crash safety standards 70- early 72) Clearing over 170k units sold by 1973.

Though that may seem like not that much by todays sales standards back in the 70's for a sports car those numbers were phenomenal.

Its a classic in every sense. Its funny Yuri still keeps avoiding mentioning it (the 240Z)even though he mentions the 350z lol. OH OH wait he did say he would buy a refurbed one if they did that. Hmmmm hehehhehehhehe

Oh ya and first two years of 240sx sales in the U.S. were actually decent for a entry level sports car as well selling 60k units per year. No Honda civic numbers or 10 years and running Mazda Miata numbers but very respectable especially when compared to previous S12 sales numbers.

One more note the current Fairlady aka 350z is already being considered a classic in Japan its huge in sales and has dwarfed the G35.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 07:58 AM   #67
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Another thing to remember is the complexity of the electronics in our cars. With a muscle car, you can drop a crate engine, tweak the carb, and have a sick set up. I'll be surprised if you can even find a stock ECU for our car in 20 years.

Muscle cars also came from the factory with HUGE displacement engines. Not a 2.4 litre truck engine. Muscle cars were sold to the most grizzly rednecks you can imagine. The 240SX was sold to moms going through a mid-life crisis that needed a cute coupe.

No one is comparing a stock 240 to a muscle car performance wise. We're talking about the fact that there are rare models out there and some of us will be willing to pony up some big cash for'em when we're 50. I for one would be willing to pay a hefty amount for a bone stock minty Lavender Frost Metallic 240 in a heart beat.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:41 AM   #68
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Definitely vert's. They're rare as fuck now, imagine in 40 years. But really their all gunna be pretty rare cars because so many of them are getting used up and wrecked up in either drifting, touge racing, or autocross/track events.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 03:07 AM   #69
hustlervibes
Banned from the Marketplace

hustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to hustlervibes
I see where people are saying verts, but I still think kouki's because it's technically the rarest and probably wrecked more than verts. I always see old mom's driving around in verts rather than kouki's. And verts are older as of now add those years onto the kouki and you'll probably get the same if not more rarity due to less production numbers in the US.

And I have a 98 with what used to be all matching numbers until I took off the hood...
hustlervibes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 03:12 PM   #70
MeLon

MeLon is an unknown quantity at this point
most desirable: s14 koukis

rarity of 'all' kouki production: base model, black, left-hand drive
MeLon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 04:03 PM   #71
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeLon View Post

in the U.S. right?

cause worldwide I think the rarest kouki is a silver S14 Silvia
Old 01-12-2008, 04:15 PM   #72
brewster240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
brewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brewster240
240s are great and all, but i have a 2 owner, clean titled red 99 civic si bundled away in storage.

by the time im 50 and ready to retire, there will be no si's left, just clones and stolen parts

but i feel that 2 tone coupes will draw a bit of money, and not verts. verts are pretty damn plentiful. i see a ton of them all the time, even up here in the cold north east, and rarely see 2 tones. i can count on 1 hand actually.
brewster240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 04:23 PM   #73
kdashy
Zilvia FREAK!

kdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kdashy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeLon View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
in the U.S. right?

cause worldwide I think the rarest kouki is a silver S14 Silvia
I was thinking that too. Either that or Silver Moss.

A Black base model doesn't seem that rare.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:06 PM   #74
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
only if i see an old 71 or 72 datsun Z on the auction first than i think it could happen, and i know i wont have to worry about it, because I am never gogin to be without an s chasis car.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 10:25 PM   #75
max2damax
Zilvia Junkie

max2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdashy View Post
I was thinking that too. Either that or Silver Moss.

A Black base model doesn't seem that rare.

estimates place the production numbers for silver moss koukis at around 300 out of the total production number of ~2100 for the 1998 year model, dont quote me on that though.

max2damax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 10:36 PM   #76
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Ok the vert people have a point for a very important reason. Americans love verts. All old verts no matter what make go for bank these days. It's easy to to see 240sx verts being worth a lot strictly based on the vert factor. Now two tone coupes have some possibilities but the most likely 240sx to become a collectors car in the U.S. will most likely be the verts because they are verts. This is using logic based on whats happened with other cars sold as verts.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 01-12-2008, 10:37 PM   #77
RiversideS13
Zilvia FREAK!

RiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond reputeRiversideS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RiversideS13
i think after 20 years S14 kouki will be collector's item because they are rare.
RiversideS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 10:50 PM   #78
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiversideS13 View Post
i think after 20 years S14 kouki will be collector's item because they are rare.
Rare does not always make a collectors item. Collectors items have to have certain factors to warrant them collectors items. Now see if the body styling of the S14 kouki stood out as major differently than maybe. While nice its not something thats a knock me out wow factor. Same goes for S13 fastbacks and coupes. Now compare that to a FD RX7 which has classic sports car styling written all over it. Or 240Z which will be considering slightly normal by some critics in its day was actually again stand out classic sports car styling. Especially coming out of Japan at that time. As well the Toyota 2000GT another car unique in its styling. Another factor that makes a classic or collectors is its impact on the marketplace. Now Miata's will be classic's due to their shear marketing number impact for a entry level roadster. Again this is another qualification the 240Z pulls off. 2nd MR2's stand a chance at becoming classics and collectors as well. Why you ask? They were one of the few mid engined sports cars of the 90's offered turbocharged.
I could list a half dozen sports cars from the 60's and 70's that while sports that were liked by enthusiasts and had followings did not become real collectors items or heralded classics. Remember the 240sx was not that much of a hit in the U.S. due to the way Nissan NA marketed it. It could be forgotten in my opinion though I could be wrong. Sure its the most modified car according to SEMA but it takes a lot more than that to make a classic or a collectors item.

Shuts devils advocate mode off, steps out to get a Pizza.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 01-12-2008, 10:55 PM   #79
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
the 240 is going to be the Maverick of tomorrow.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:52 PM   #80
ranger240
Zilvia Addict

ranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
the 240 is going to be the Maverick of tomorrow.
what parallels do the two cars have to conclude this?
ranger240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 12:21 AM   #81
Koopa Troopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Koopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Koopa Troopa
Eh, clean S13 Silvias are starting to become a rarity/ collectors item here... You don't see them too often anymore... The ones you usually do see are beat down Q's though....

Buy my Stillway shifter!

Koopa Troopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 12:24 AM   #82
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger240 View Post
what parallels do the two cars have to conclude this?
mustang: the classic pony car. power and stunning looks.
maverick: the cheap, shitty alternative to the classic. less power, less good looks.

mustang is to maverick as 300z is to 240sx.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:27 AM   #83
bik
Zilvia Junkie

bik is a name known to allbik is a name known to allbik is a name known to allbik is a name known to allbik is a name known to allbik is a name known to allbik is a name known to allbik is a name known to allbik is a name known to allbik is a name known to allbik is a name known to all
Send a message via ICQ to bik
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOK View Post
so when then does a 68 fastback shelby GT500 equivalent S chassis come out... cause sign this mother fucker up.
if shelby take cars and modify them... then a care made by top secret or something may be very expensive in the future, is kinda the same
Old 01-13-2008, 07:50 AM   #84
brewster240
Zilvia FREAK!

brewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
mustang: the classic pony car. power and stunning looks.
maverick: the cheap, shitty alternative to the classic. less power, less good looks.

mustang is to maverick as 300z is to 240sx.

i dont agree with that at all.

i prefer 240 over fat heavy hard to work on 300zx's, and i think 240's look a lot better too.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:57 AM   #85
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewster240 View Post
i dont agree with that at all.

i prefer 240 over fat heavy hard to work on 300zx's, and i think 240's look a lot better too.
^^ i agree. except on the looks part. i hate working on 300zx's......

and as far as the rare=collector's item deal, well remember sterling? acura and rover made a car for the states. good like finding one. but guess what, they're freaking worthless.

so yeah rare hardly means its a collectible.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:12 AM   #86
svensko
Zilvia Junkie

svensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymore
I can promise you guys that the 240sx will not be remembered in the mainstream in 20 years. It'll go the way of the Izusu Impulse.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:03 AM   #87
brewster240
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
I can promise you guys that the 240sx will not be remembered in the mainstream in 20 years. It'll go the way of the Izusu Impulse.

you're dumb.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:35 AM   #88
Koopa Troopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Koopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Koopa Troopa
Quote:
Agree'd.

It'll have a small, die hard fan base like the Starion/ Conquest.

Buy my Stillway shifter!

Koopa Troopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 01:09 PM   #89
kdashy
Zilvia FREAK!

kdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kdashy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEvilRPS13 View Post
and as far as the rare=collector's item deal, well remember sterling? acura and rover made a car for the states. good like finding one. but guess what, they're freaking worthless.
Haha I had a matchbox car model of a Sterling when I was a kid, I never knew wtf it was, always thought it was a Legend.

I had crappy toys as a kid.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:33 PM   #90
svensko
Zilvia Junkie

Sooner or later, 240 owners will move up to the 350z, and the cycle will continue. If we woke up tomorrow and every car manufacturer stopped making RWD cars THEN I would say a 240 may increase in value a grand or two if it was stock and clean.

Think about it this way: You've just got a decent paying job, and you're looking to buy a car. You remember your mad tyte drifta days and consider looking at old 240SXs. You find a few, all with dented body panels, and all with hack job swaps. For the same price you find a RWD coupe that is brand new, comes with more power, and would be more reliable. Which would you go with?