Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 09-15-2010, 08:05 PM   #121
robbie2883
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
robbie2883 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
here's what we took last time we went shooting. the mossberg and sks are mine as well as the ruger p94 and glock 21 in the upper left

here's another of mine before i put a big scope on it.

and my baby. FN fiveseven

robbie2883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2010, 09:28 PM   #122
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
so i bought a shotgun, a Mossberg 88, and it's a pretty cool guy. but now i'd lke a 9mm pistol. i'm leaning towards a Springfield Armory XD, but i'm going to shoot a Glock 17 before buying anything. any of you guys have either?
Old 09-15-2010, 09:49 PM   #123
WangonwWarrior
Zilvia FREAK!

Location: Amerika24 alabama: Where if your not first..... your last
Trader Rating: (15)
WangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie2883 View Post

/thread
Old 09-15-2010, 10:46 PM   #124
ziptiedae86
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (2)
ziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Springfield XD9 Subcompact with Insight XML taclight (obviously removed for daily carry), Hogue grip, Pierce mag extension and Zombietarget haha

I was more accurate with it than subcompact Glocks or Sigs. Rent one at your range!
ziptiedae86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:57 PM   #125
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziptiedae86 View Post

Springfield XD9 Subcompact with Insight XML taclight (obviously removed for daily carry), Hogue grip, Pierce mag extension and Zombietarget haha

I was more accurate with it than subcompact Glocks or Sigs. Rent one at your range!
i've been told they have a better angle on the grip than Glocks. was that noticeable to you?
Old 09-15-2010, 11:11 PM   #126
ziptiedae86
Premium Member

ziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfectionziptiedae86 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
i've been told they have a better angle on the grip than Glocks. was that noticeable to you?
On the subcompact, yes. On the service (full size) version, not so much. I really want a service XD40 for the house...
ziptiedae86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:17 PM   #127
robbie2883
Zilvia Member

Quote:

it's 50/50 on the glock vs xd debate. i like both, but ii have big hands so the glock doesn't bother me. i completely understand why people complain about the glock though. it's like holding a square brick in your hand compared to the well formed and smaller gripped XD. i personally prefer the XD. if i don't swap the barrels on my glock 21 for the 50 cal uppgrade then i'll be selling it for a XD.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:04 AM   #128
heavenboundkevin
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
heavenboundkevin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

(XD9mm service) about 200 rds through. I like it. treat it like a baby. Some people have rust issues. SA will take care of it for free under warranty.

I have hyperhidrosis and have not had any rust issues. But i take care of it/its never seen a holster.

one issue (and a lot of people have this) the rear sight "spacing" is too wide for the front. it looks like | # | ideally id want it to look like |#| make sense?

and ziptiedae86. lol at the zombie target/gun placement.
heavenboundkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:09 AM   #129
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavenboundkevin View Post

one issue (and a lot of people have this) the rear sight "spacing" is too wide for the front. it looks like | # | ideally id want it to look like |#| make sense?

you can buy a different sight, though, right?
Old 09-16-2010, 12:18 AM   #130
heavenboundkevin
Zilvia Addict

yes, i dont need one yet though. Check out XDTALK.com, lots of info
Old 09-16-2010, 07:26 AM   #131
driftking777
Zilvia Junkie

driftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of light
I need to take pictures of the next time i go shooting, between my buddy and I we usually bring about 10 guns, if my other buddy goes shooting with us, we have about 20

Unless were sighting in then we only have about 5
Old 09-16-2010, 07:27 AM   #132
driftking777
Zilvia Junkie

driftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of light
the new guy i picked up randomly. Was saving for my AR10 build but bought this in the mean time. Just a baby plinker.

.17hmr bull barrel. Deadly accurate to 200yrds.

And my SKS i just refinished (minus bluing)

Old 09-16-2010, 11:33 AM   #133
heavenboundkevin
Zilvia Addict

First time to the range with the XD9. 50rds at 7 yards.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:25 PM   #134
smoked240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
smoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via MSN to smoked240
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
So, all your "knowledge" is hearsay.

AK is not easier to field strip and clean. Over 2x as many parts to remove and lose. Getting a blood blister from replacing the cover back on the receiver is always fun.
I honestly would take an m16 over the ak anyday but The ak is easier and faster to field strip and put back together. The ak has a one-piece bolt,where the M16's completly disasembles. I saw a video a while ago where they blindfolded the guy striping the ak and not the guy striping the m16, By the time the guy with the ak was done the guy with the m16 just started to get the bolt together.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:41 PM   #135
midnightouge
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
midnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Recently picked up a saiga, trying to piece all the parts for the full ak47 conversion.

midnightouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 02:19 PM   #136
MandTPhotography
Zilvia Addict

MandTPhotography is an unknown quantity at this point
Very shortly buying either a Glock 19 or 23.

I know a lot of people hate on 9mm, but it's whatever you feel comfortable shooting with.

Of course a lot of people would rather have a .40 as opposed to a 9mm, but follow-up shots are a lot easier with the smaller caliber. A hit with a 9mm is better than a miss with a .40.

It'll be for concealed carry purposes and shooting a lot of rounds through. Glock 19's are the most common civilian purchased handgun. They are built like a fuckin' tank also, so I think that'll be a good CC choice.
MandTPhotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 03:11 PM   #137
midnightouge
Zilvia Addict

midnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie2883 View Post

What rifle is that on the right?

Old 09-16-2010, 05:36 PM   #138
heavenboundkevin
Zilvia Addict

HK SL8 or something like that.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:46 PM   #139
enigmadsm
Leaky Injector

enigmadsm is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
so i bought a shotgun, a Mossberg 88, and it's a pretty cool guy. but now i'd lke a 9mm pistol. i'm leaning towards a Springfield Armory XD, but i'm going to shoot a Glock 17 before buying anything. any of you guys have either?
XDM9, thats all you need. XDM's are hands down the best handgun i've ever fired
enigmadsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:47 PM   #140
heavenboundkevin
Zilvia Addict

^ California man. Cant own XDM unless law enforcement.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:14 PM   #141
japslapsilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

japslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the rough
i've got
taurus pt101 .40 cal
taurus pt111 millenium 9mm
taurus 247 .40 cal
ruger p345 .45 cal
DPMS AR-15
yugo sks, with side folding ATI stock
remington 770 3006
2 Mosin Nagants. one wood stock, one ATI stock with bipod and scope mount, plus i didnt like the screw in turn down bolt handle so i welded on a custom made one
Remington 870 12ga, with spec ops stock
Mossberg .22

nothing too special

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspecusa View Post

Nothing is rare just expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
if you've ever been with multiple women, then even you can understand that not all girlfriends are created equal. some are capable of amazing oral talents, while others dont mind a lill back door action.
japslapsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:36 PM   #142
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
You're the only one in Kalifornia. They both are not.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:18 PM   #143
heavenboundkevin
Zilvia Addict

^you make that sound so depressing and for some reason i though busted was in CA. haha. i want one of these. .22lr Savage MKII BTVS.

oh and for your viewing pleasure. embed anyone? that youtube box doesnt make it happen..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJAbSbs1z3M
Old 09-16-2010, 11:36 PM   #144
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Quote:
now i'm going to buy the XDM version just because it can't be owned in CA.

edit: apparently you can buy reduced cap magazines for it, making it legal in your state. i can't believe that's a law.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:12 AM   #145
midnightouge
Zilvia Addict

You wouldn't believe most of the centerfire gun laws.
I hate living in cali.

Old 09-17-2010, 12:19 AM   #146
heavenboundkevin
Zilvia Addict

its not just the magazine capacity(10rds). IIRC, a handgun in CA needs to have a "loaded chamber indicator" my XD has a little tab that sticks up to let you know there is a round in the chamber. XDM's dont have that.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:20 AM   #147
BustedS13
Post Whore!

i bought my shotgun out of some guy's trunk in a commuter lot with no paperwork or anything except a bill of sale. is that legal there?
Old 09-17-2010, 01:07 AM   #148
robbie2883
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightouge View Post
What rifle is that on the right?

Quote:
HK SL8 or something like that.
exactly!!!
Old 09-17-2010, 01:09 AM   #149
robbie2883
Zilvia Member

Quote:

yeah but at the same time the gun is designed as a carry weapon with quick target acquisition in mind. tighter sights means more time to acquire target. it takes a little getting used to but you can actually draw on target while move/diving/rolling ect, alot fast with just a hair wider rear sight.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:51 AM   #150
midnightouge
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
i bought my shotgun out of some guy's trunk in a commuter lot with no paperwork or anything except a bill of sale. is that legal there?
Not in california. both of you would have to meet up at a gun shop and have them do the paperwork.
once you pay for the gun and dros fees, you have to wait 10 days while they do a background check, then pick up the firearm.