Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-05-2021, 12:14 PM   #1
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
2021 Frontier? Yay or blah?

The 2021 Nissan Frontier has been announced/revealed whatever.
While it has some impressive numbers for hp/tq, a number of capacities are unimpressive IMO when compared to others in its segment.

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/02/04/...h-big-redesign

Discuss.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2021, 12:18 PM   #2
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Big nah.

1. Its hideous
2. It has the biggest engine with the most power yet tows the least and has the second smallest payload.
3. Unless it is 25K it makes no sense vs the Taco
4. Nissan's quality has been questionable for a while so resell value is an issue
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 12:51 PM   #3
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Big nah.

1. Its hideous I think the front looks good but it looks like they just stuck a mask on a Tacoma body
2. It has the biggest engine with the most power yet tows the least and has the second smallest payload. ditto.
3. Unless it is 25K it makes no sense vs the Taco I haven't seen confirmed pricing, but all estimates based on previous years show that it will NOT be cheap enough to make Taco buyer reconsider
4. Nissan's quality has been questionable for a while so resell value is an issue Lots of people who got bit by that whole "radiator leaking coolant into the ATF, wrecking transmissions that Nissan would not warranty" still remember getting royally screwed over by Nissan. I doubt they'd want to try again
many valid points here.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 01:55 PM   #4
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Real talk: no one cares about payload. Insurance companies do, and therefore I do since I need to be insurable when driving expensive cars for business, but no one else does.

My ZR2 has a 981lb (edited from 971lbs, got myself confused) payload. There are multiple ZR2s running around with campers, 35s hanging off the back, etc. that are 25%+ over GVWR. There are multiple Tacos running around similarly overloaded- a TRD Pro has a 1,135lb payload and a 6,400lb towing capacity.

Additional real talk: towing capacity is now a function of cooling capacity. The SAE J2807 testing procedure is friggin' tough on cooling systems. The Highway Gradeability portion requires ambient temps of 100 degrees at minimum, AC at max cold with outside air selected, fan running at full. Then the truck and trailer must drive at 40mph and never drop below that speed up the 11.4mi Davis Dam Grade. There must be no component failures, no check engine or alert lights, zero part failures, zero error codes, and no loss of coolant.

There are also braking and handling tests along with acceleration tests. http://www.trucktrend.com/how-to/tow...s-the-standard

Big engine with most power also means most heat to exchange. Part of the reason the ZR2 is rated at only 5,000lbs towing is because the front bumper got rid of the air dam and reduced the low-pressure zone that helped pull heat out of the engine bay and there wasn't room in the budget to add heat rejection.

When I was looking for a truck to buy, I looked at the Ranger (because aftermarket air lockers are available and I require the ability to be fully locked) and the ZR2. I wasn't interested in the Taco because the powertrain is a dog and the seating position is weird. The Gladiator looks huge compared to my ZR2.

Last edited by KA24DESOneThree; 03-05-2021 at 02:06 PM..
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 07:02 PM   #5
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I'll just say you guys need to formulate a real opinion by actually driving this truck when it hits dealers. It's way better than the competition in many aspects. Do you care about numbers or how it actually performs when you drive it?

There's a reason everyone isn't driving around 1 ton trucks for the higher payload number lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by TheRealSy90; 02-09-2021 at 06:00 PM..
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 07:07 PM   #6
Alex Mcknz

Trader Rating: (0)
Alex Mcknz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It looks nice, but I am not planning to buy it.
Alex Mcknz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 08:51 PM   #7
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Sick Ridgeline!
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 11:47 AM   #8
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looks like they want to break into the cool kid flat brown toyota market - Except with hideous garbage.
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote