Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 03-16-2005, 07:39 PM   #1
chuy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
chuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
PS2 hard drive

Rumor has it that any hard drive will work as long as they have the same connector. My question is, are there any drivers or anything that you would need for the Playstaion to see that there is a hard drive present.
Old 03-16-2005, 08:10 PM   #2
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
yah.. HD Loader... hdloader.com or something... i saw it on torrent too, but I dont know if it would work off a cdr...

I dont have this set up.. but I would like too.. but I heard it wont work with GT4..
Old 03-16-2005, 08:15 PM   #3
204_240sx

Trader Rating: (0)
204_240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
you need the netword adaptor to be able to use the harddrive in the ps2 along with the hdloader cd

not all games work here's a list of games that are compatible
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/casey.m...patibility.htm
204_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 09:06 PM   #4
Chernobyl
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
Chernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
your mom has a hard drive.

haha whats up chuy
Chernobyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 11:56 PM   #5
NZO
Zilvia FREAK!

NZO is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to NZO
http://www.ps2nfo.com/

sentinelguild.com/nzo/PFCDB/
NZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 08:39 AM   #6
chuy
Zilvia Addict

chuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura about
So, thanks to all and Alex you gonna go play any time soon, I got new tires.
Old 03-17-2005, 11:13 AM   #7
S13E
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
S13E will become famous soon enoughS13E will become famous soon enoughS13E will become famous soon enoughS13E will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
you need a drive that will fit the ps2 network adapter. (Western Digital Drives do not fit, the 4 pin power molex connector is spaced out to far) but most Maxtor drives fit that I know) I have HDAdvance (www.hdadvance.com) and it supports up to 200GB drive. Most games can be copied and run off the HD, the loading times are much faster (GTA:SA). Cannot copy Dual layer DVD-9's (like GT4) onto the HD.
S13E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 11:42 AM   #8
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
you can intall it onto the harddrive, but there's a long grueling process by connecting that hd to the comp and then looking for a program online that mimics that of hdloader/advance. that process isn't even safe, could even delete the existing games that are already on the hd before you try it.
Old 03-17-2005, 12:53 PM   #9
matlock
Zilvia FREAK!

matlock is an unknown quantity at this point
I just purchased a PStwo slimline and from what I have been told there is no way to connect any sort of harddrive to it at the present time is that correct, don't mean to be thread jacking but its on the topic of PS2 HDDs
matlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 01:23 PM   #10
Chernobyl
Zilvia FREAK!

Chernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuy
So, thanks to all and Alex you gonna go play any time soon, I got new tires.
Might come autox (the jetta) at the first summer event. RX7 is still in the works, unfortunately.

We can always touge
Old 03-17-2005, 06:04 PM   #11
chuy
Zilvia Addict

YES just hit me up and CODRIFT is up just not the forums yet
Old 03-17-2005, 06:58 PM   #12
Chernobyl
Zilvia FREAK!

hehe i know, Jesse's doing the CODRIFT redesign.

And we need to do the super secret touge soon. I'll try to get a lot of my car stuff done over spring break and we'll definitely get together when either I or Jesse have a running car haha. SPL mode's cars dont run.
Old 03-17-2005, 11:18 PM   #13
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by matlock
I just purchased a PStwo slimline and from what I have been told there is no way to connect any sort of harddrive to it at the present time is that correct, don't mean to be thread jacking but its on the topic of PS2 HDDs
actually, the same people who made HDadvance made another program for the slim PSTWO where you can hook up an external hard drive via the usb port. forgot what the name was, but it seems easier to do.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:21 AM   #14
papershot
Zilvia Junkie

papershot is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to papershot Send a message via MSN to papershot
i heard the usb speeds were slower than the 1x disc speed. doesn't seem worth it.
papershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 03:37 PM   #15
matlock
Zilvia FREAK!

matlock is an unknown quantity at this point
PS2NFO.COM didn't have much info on the USB drive for the PStwo if anyone has any info or experience can you post it or PM me thanks.
matlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 12:39 AM   #16
SOLDIER [X]
Zilvia Junkie

SOLDIER [X] is a well-known jackass
Quote:
Originally Posted by matlock
PS2NFO.COM didn't have much info on the USB drive for the PStwo if anyone has any info or experience can you post it or PM me thanks.
the program hasn't been completed yet so wait awhile and the pstwo's have usb 2.0 so it should be fairly close to the speed of the normal HD. The program is called USB Extreme
SOLDIER [X] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 01:08 AM   #17
JuJuBee
Zilvia Member

JuJuBee is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by papershot
i heard the usb speeds were slower than the 1x disc speed. doesn't seem worth it.

for cd 1x = 150 kb/s
usb 1.1 = 1.2 megabits/s
JuJuBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 12:16 PM   #18
papershot
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuJuBee
for cd 1x = 150 kb/s
usb 1.1 = 1.2 megabits/s
http://www.ps2-scene.org/forums/show...4&page=1&pp=15
everyone there has negative opinions on it.

usb 1.1 has at most 650-850Kbytes/s, still slower than dvd speeds, which I meant when I first typed it. some people say it has 1.3mb/s, thats just about the speed of a normal disk. sort of defeats some of the purpose of having a hd.
Old 03-19-2005, 01:16 PM   #19
S13E
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
S13E will become famous soon enoughS13E will become famous soon enoughS13E will become famous soon enoughS13E will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Well the HD was intended to be used as a "backup" device and you can upload all the games you *cough* own and play them off of the HD everytime so you wouldnt have to jack up or scratch your original copies.
S13E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 01:28 PM   #20
papershot
Zilvia Junkie

and it is also used to speed up load times or get rid of them (ie: GTA), which is why I typed "some" instead of "all" of the purpose of having a HD.