Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-2017, 10:40 PM   #1
Danb
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Danb is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
One man's race car to another

Edited-Big long build on a dirt road drift car I traded a S&W Shield for in the sticks of Alabama.

The day I brought it home, found it on facebook and purchased it for 400 bucks. It's crappy and an utter mess but perfect for what I want to do with it which is bring it back it from the grave and make it something worth having.

I gave it a quick wash before I put it in the shop, washing it didn't do much for this turd but atleast I tried.

As you can see, this car really sucks but it motivates me to do something with it. I guess it was someone's "drift car" but its a pile of shit, i hope whoever modified this thing this way sees this post and finally realizes how much an idiot he/she is. Anyways, the build theme is a fairly dedicated track car, I've had wreck less driving tickets in my earlier days so I'm wanting to stay out of trouble and have fun at the same time.

So fast forward several weeks, I did what I really wanted/didn't want to do..I put my bike up for sale to fund some 240 things. I built this bike up and its been a blast to own, so much attention to detail went into this thing but now its time I lay this hobby down to rest and pick back up on what i should had been doing all along.

I had no problem selling the bike, took about a week. I sold it on a Saturday night and sunday i already had my mind up on what i was going to do. I had been following a sale post that came up on the book of face and luckily it hadn't sold yet so i made contact with the owner sunday morning and i was on the road to Titusville, FL by 9am to pick it up. However, bad luck struck around 6hrs into my trip when my water pump took a shit on me. Its a sunday evening, no repair shops are open and that's just my kind of luck but luckily i found a repair/tow truck business 10 miles away and they came and rescued me. I stayed over night and was on the road by 11:30am the next day.

I finally made it late Monday night and i crashed, woke up the next day and unloaded the goods and got it all settled in.

What a beauty right?? I'm stoked and more motivated than ever right now. Its a built up bottom end Rb25 with a GT3076R, 850cc injectors, nistune and other nic nacs but its gonna be just right for what I'm trying to build. I bought a turn key swap, I have everything to drop the motor in my car right now. I got compression vids and street runs to show it was healthy, it was pulled the same day i was supposed to get there to see it. All in all, it should be a solid situation. I'm not thrilled to be running the factory manifold, I'd much rather have nice quality top mount on there but it runs in current state and I'm gonna leave it alone until the chassis is done.

Last edited by Danb; 09-09-2023 at 03:35 PM..
Danb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links