Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 09-15-2013, 06:46 PM   #31
NordicMistBB6
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
NordicMistBB6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragula View Post
500tq pushing a 3500 lb car is going to put alot less strain on components than 500tq pushing 5000lbs. Plus the 3500lb car is more likely to break loose, even further lessening strain on the drivetrain. All depends on how and where you drive it.
I can see you blowing a trans at the track with the compound they lay down keeping the wheels from spinning and putting all the load on the drivetrain, even with street tires. Plus with a supercharger, its instant power.
I know plenty of people running decent power on a t-5. And if it breaks, just rebuild it stronger.

But anyways, not to screw with this build thread any further.
I'll be interested to see how that RAM hydraulic throwout does. I ordered one, then returned it as soon as it came in and bought the Rosehill performance slave kit.
Rosehill Performance Parts

Not for any particular reason, mostly cause I read some people say they go out after a few years and I don't want to have to pull my trans often. But that rosehill kit is a definite pain with the lack of space in the trans tunnel so the RAM kit has that going for it.
Yea when I bought the engine it came with the RAM kit. Only thing I have left to do is my steering shaft mod. Which i hear is a bitch and a half!!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by NordicMistBB6; 09-15-2013 at 07:21 PM..
NordicMistBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2013, 07:16 PM   #32
Dragula

Dragula is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by NordicMistBB6 View Post
Yea when I bought the engine it came with the RAM kit. Only thing I have left to do is my steering shaft mod. Which i hear is a hitch and a half!!

I sent my steering shaft out to Concept8. It took a while though and I think I could have benefited from the shaft being another .5" to 1" longer. It was the absolute last thing that needed to be done to the car to get it on the road.
Dragula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:21 AM   #33
TrunkStyle
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
TrunkStyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I really want to see more of this. My buddy and I had everything for a 5.0 swap in his hatch, All that was left was to hit up Comcept8 and get the kit. But, for some reason he traded it all for a complete sr swap one day. Car still has a ka and the sr was sold. So I really want to see this thing scoot.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:40 AM   #34
psi999
Leaky Injector

psi999 is an unknown quantity at this point
Every time i see this thread i instantly think of this classic vanilla ice song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cfRVWhny9A

Don't mind me, carry on LOL.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:29 PM   #35
NordicMistBB6
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrunkStyle View Post
I really want to see more of this. My buddy and I had everything for a 5.0 swap in his hatch, All that was left was to hit up Comcept8 and get the kit. But, for some reason he traded it all for a complete sr swap one day. Car still has a ka and the sr was sold. So I really want to see this thing scoot.
This weekend I plan to get the engine sitting in it's final spot, sorting out cutting the trans hump for the shifter, and have everything ready so I just have to plug in my harness. I'll be up there again on Saturday!

Old 10-31-2013, 07:46 AM   #36
NordicMistBB6
Leaky Injector

i completely forgot about my build here. the build has taken a HUGE turn, i decided to do heads and a cam before i put the motor in, so i pulled everything apart to find rust in one of my cylinders, so the engine will be the last thing to be finished. i also decided to run overs and aero so im trying to sell my silvia aero bumper, silvia fenders, and silvia hood (since it doesnt clear my intake) and pick up 20mm front wide fenders and 50mm rear over fenders. i plan on running either a low offset 18x10 or 18x10.5 out back. 295/30 or 315/30 if i can find it. ill keep everyone updated
Old 11-01-2013, 12:51 PM   #37
240Kid415
Zilvia Member

240Kid415 is an unknown quantity at this point
I can't wait to see this thang
240Kid415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:05 PM   #38
NordicMistBB6
Leaky Injector

Ok, it's been a while, but I've got some updates. I decided shortly after I got the 5.0 to do gt40p heads and a cam. When I did I found rust and pitting in one of the cylinders.

And to be honest I wasn't mad, since I found it before I tried to start it. But I did finally get the whole engine torn apart that day other than the rotating assembly

fast forward about a month and these came back to my house

And bought some parts for it :P

I also picked up an S13 VLSD

And some seats

Aaaaaaand wheels

Yes this is the actual picture of the wheels (purchased from upgarage) right now they are 18x7.5 et44 but once I relip them they will be at 18x9.5 et19 and 18x10 et12

I'll try to keep this updated more often. Hope people did think this project was dead hahaha
Old 12-01-2013, 06:52 PM   #39
Bmxer300zx
Zilvia Member

Bmxer300zx is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice build man! Older 5.0's may not be the most favorite motor to mod but they can pump great numbers. Best part about them is entire motorsets with trans etc can be had for dirt cheap and roast tires alot faster than any average ka, sr or rb lol.
I believe the green one belonged to a member on 240sxone originally lol, well whats left of it after the swap over! I almost got a friend to buy it last summer I believe had a fuel pump issue was up for 3k I think. Either way good luck!
Bmxer300zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:21 PM   #40
NordicMistBB6
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmxer300zx View Post
Nice build man! Older 5.0's may not be the most favorite motor to mod but they can pump great numbers. Best part about them is entire motorsets with trans etc can be had for dirt cheap and roast tires alot faster than any average ka, sr or rb lol.
I believe the green one belonged to a member on 240sxone originally lol, well whats left of it after the swap over! I almost got a friend to buy it last summer I believe had a fuel pump issue was up for 3k I think. Either way good luck!
That is the car!! i never experienced a fuel pump problem once i got ahold of it, but i guess it was a wiring problem. when i got it the only thing that didnt work were the windshield wipers. its actually a running and driving car still. i sold it to one of my close friends who replaced everything i took off. its a little more dented and doesnt drive as well. but all i really car about is the new one hahahaha. i love the 5.0 it is gonna scream once its done! hahaha. i really only wanted the car for the coils and the wheels. but it got me into a rwd car so i cant complain. im estimating 270-290 whp and 330ish wtq so ill be happy with anything around there.
Old 12-11-2013, 12:17 PM   #41
NordicMistBB6
Leaky Injector

the thing i HATE about upgarage is the fact that i go buy wheels (lxz's) and come to find out that they were sold and never updated on their site. since im staying stock aero, i realized i wanted to go lower, but didnt want to tuck rim, so i decided on picking up a set of 17" Weds Kranze Cerberus instead! right now they are 17x7 et42 and once relipped they will be 17x10 et4 and 17x11 et-9 im gonna try to get away with an outrageous amount of camber and a big pull, but i doubt itll get done. so ill probably have to run overs. they are way to a guy to get loaded in a container... CANT WAIT!
Old 12-11-2013, 12:40 PM   #42
Livinstrong

Trader Rating: (3)
Livinstrong is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NordicMistBB6 View Post
the thing i HATE about upgarage is the fact that i go buy wheels (lxz's) and come to find out that they were sold and never updated on their site. since im staying stock aero, i realized i wanted to go lower, but didnt want to tuck rim, so i decided on picking up a set of 17" Weds Kranze Cerberus instead! right now they are 17x7 et42 and once relipped they will be 17x10 et4 and 17x11 et-9 im gonna try to get away with an outrageous amount of camber and a big pull, but i doubt itll get done. so ill probably have to run overs. they are way to a guy to get loaded in a container... CANT WAIT!
Damn man that sucks. But hey those wheels will look baller too!
Old 01-03-2014, 09:33 AM   #43
NordicMistBB6
Leaky Injector

Engine goes back together this weekend! Since my Cerberus I's arent leaving japan until february and id like to put my car back on the ground soon i picked up some wheels and tires for now

and them after i mounted and balanced them!

Saleen replica wheels 18x9 et24 on a 215/35/18 front and 18x10 et22 on a 225/35/18 rear! ill have a test fit picture this Saturday when i go up to my car.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:13 PM   #44
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I'm glad to see this project is still alive!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:33 AM   #45
juvi22003
Zilvia Member

juvi22003 is an unknown quantity at this point
nice progress !
Old 01-05-2014, 07:07 AM   #46
Dragula

If the pictures I saw elsewhere are any indication, those look pretty damn good on the car.
Old 01-05-2014, 07:51 AM   #47
NordicMistBB6
Leaky Injector

I figured you'd have seen some instagram photos already dragula. hahaha. Got up to the car yesterday and made it my goal to put it back on the ground. so i moved over my coils, knuckles, flca's, and tension rods over just to get her off jack stands. since im waiting on a caliper hardware kit only one caliper is on the car (rear) just so i have an ebrake.

PICTURE TIME

Engine reassembly starts today, so ill update this again once i finish that.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:08 PM   #48
Dragula

I saw the pictures Eric put up on facebook, haha.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:53 PM   #49
NordicMistBB6
Leaky Injector

Dude add me

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 01-17-2014, 03:24 PM   #50
NordicMistBB6