Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-04-2014, 10:41 AM   #31
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Newer Buddy Club rails come with the more traditional L shape brackets in addition to those stupid brackets which are pictured.

Assuming your seat is regular width. Once you buy the L brackets your seat will be able to sit lower.

But being as how the slider bar is on the bottom, your seat will only be able to go so low before you aren't able to lift the bar up in order to slide the seat forward/backward.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:05 AM   #32
rebornS14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
rebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rebornS14
your rails suck. if you want to go low you need Nagisa or bride rails.
LOWMAX ftw!

buddy club and the like can't go lower because the use the cheap design that requires the slider release to be located under the seat which keeps the design from being lower to the floor. Bride FG and Nagisa rails have them located on the top side so they can go low to the max =)
Old 05-04-2014, 01:08 PM   #33
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
bigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
stop stashing your weed under the seat
bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:18 AM   #34
corkscrew
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
corkscrew is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
hey dude, i installed these same poorly designed brackets today. going to try to cut, bend, and redrill them. i'll post pics this weekend.

for anyone who reads this...save up for another week and go with the bride rails
corkscrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:46 AM   #35
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyX2 View Post
5 minutes with an angle grinder will fix that. I'd rather put in a little work and get the dual locks.

Good reply...
I see no point in the dual locks, one lock works just fine. And I don't ever move my seat becuase i'm the only one that drives my car...
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:04 AM   #36
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
I see no point in the dual locks, one lock works just fine. And I don't ever move my seat becuase i'm the only one that drives my car...
I had single lock before and it sucks.

The side that didn't lock would shift around during braking and accelerating. Really annoying when you're doing city driving.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:11 AM   #37
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Single lock sliders have a bit of wiggle on the side with only a slider.

Dual lock sliders provide a more solid feel.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:20 AM   #38
LuckyX2
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
LuckyX2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Also, some racing regulations require dual locking sliders iirc.

Well, the ones that even allow sliders, that is.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:40 AM   #39
slower than you
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
slower than you will become famous soon enoughslower than you will become famous soon enoughslower than you will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have buddy club rails, but i also have a buddy club seat. The combination sits pretty low. Im abot 5'9" and with my helmet i still have a couple inches from the stock headliner in my S14 (non sunroof). I have the old style brackets BTW.
slower than you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:27 AM   #40
corkscrew
Zilvia Addict

@slower than you, can you post a pic? im curious which generation of brackets i have
Old 05-08-2014, 11:49 AM   #41
corkscrew
Zilvia Addict

Old 05-08-2014, 01:08 PM   #42
slower than you
Zilvia Member

slower than you will become famous soon enoughslower than you will become famous soon enoughslower than you will become famous soon enough
Yeah ill snap some pics after work...
slower than you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 01:47 PM   #43
smolik769
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
smolik769 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
buddy club sits high, i had them a few years ago i hated them. my head would be on the roof of thecar
smolik769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 01:55 PM   #44
lude4life13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
lude4life13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
You could also modify the bracket to work. Cut and shorten the door side as seen below. Either use a high grade bolt/nut, or weld it, depending on what you have access too. For the other side, you can simply re-drill a new hole to lower it the same amount you lowered the door side. That will drop the back of the seat without having to change anything else.

Of course custom brackets would be easier, but those are much more expensive. Also, make sure you make your modification symmetrically, or else your sliders won't be perfectly lined up, and it will be harder to slide back and forth.

lude4life13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 01:56 PM   #45
lude4life13
Zilvia Junkie

The picture above is not a buddy club rail, but I did was able to successfully do it to mine (buddy club) when I had it.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:27 AM   #46
BeerBringer

BeerBringer is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a Cobra Suzuka in my S13. I used to have som Chinese brackets untill I saw what the seat was bolted to. 4.8 grade M8 bolts that was hardly welded to the bracket! Zipties would have been safer...

Anyway. Beeing 5'7, totaly butchering the floor and custom brackets where the only way of getting the Cobra Suzuka properly low.
BeerBringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:31 AM   #47
ILoveJDM
Nissanaholic!

ILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to behold
you're using the wrong side mounting brackets. when you order it new it comes with the big bracket that you currently have bolted to the rail, but they also come with 4 other small L brackets in a bag marked "schassis and ae86 specific " and they look like those in the picture a couple posts up.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:20 AM   #48
LuckyX2
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
LuckyX2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveJDM View Post
you're using the wrong side mounting brackets. when you order it new it comes with the big bracket that you currently have bolted to the rail, but they also come with 4 other small L brackets in a bag marked "schassis and ae86 specific " and they look like those in the picture a couple posts up.
Mine didn't come with those
Old 05-09-2014, 09:36 AM   #49
PrimeDirective
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
PrimeDirective is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Even with the 'right' mounting brackets the buddy club rails are too high. I'm 5'11 and I can't wear a helmet in my sunroof s14 with the buddy club rails. My seat could not possibly go any lower in between the buddy club rails because it is sitting on the slider locking mechanism. The only way to get the buddy club rails (and hence the seat) to go lower would be to shorten the legs on the mounting bracket. My seat is a Recaro SPG.
PrimeDirective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:12 AM   #50
lude4life13
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeDirective View Post
Even with the 'right' mounting brackets the buddy club rails are too high. I'm 5'11 and I can't wear a helmet in my sunroof s14 with the buddy club rails. My seat could not possibly go any lower in between the buddy club rails because it is sitting on the slider locking mechanism. The only way to get the buddy club rails (and hence the seat) to go lower would be to shorten the legs on the mounting bracket. My seat is a Recaro SPG.
Exactly, the mounting brackets won't fix this problem. The design of the slider gets in the way of lowering the seat. You must shorten the rear mounting points, which is not THAT hard... After that, you run into problems of the seat hitting your CAT bump, but a hammer will usually fix that.
Old 05-09-2014, 04:44 PM   #51
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by corkscrew View Post

Can't you flip those brackets and run them under the rail? Would be the same as flipping the Nagisa brackets. You would just have to modify the bends a little bit. Should be able to put the seat on the floor after that.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 05:12 PM   #52
Doonagoowin

Trader Rating: (3)
Doonagoowin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Don't see how that's possible, unless you wanna cut and reweld the bracket. If you flip it upside down, there's no flat spot to bolt the bracket to the slider.
Doonagoowin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 05:56 PM   #53
lude4life13
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Can't you flip those brackets and run them under the rail? Would be the same as flipping the Nagisa brackets. You would just have to modify the bends a little bit. Should be able to put the seat on the floor after that.
You can't do this. It DOESN'T matter what mounting bracket you have or if you flip them. Look at the OP's picture, and look at how the sliding mechanism is on the INSIDE of the rail (you can only see one side in the pic obviously, but it's like that on both side). Since buddy club designed them that way, that sliding mechanism will make contact with the side of the bottom of the bucket seat, not allowing it to just slide in. Doesn't matter what you do to the mounting brackets, because the seat won't go lower than those things on the inside of the rails. As a matter of fact, buddy club makes their seats to accommodate for this, but no one else does. Look at how the bottom on their seats curves in where that locking mechanism would be.

http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5defae94.jpg

Read what PrimeDirective and I said in our previous posts.
Old 05-09-2014, 06:22 PM   #54
rebornS14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
rebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rebornS14
no need for discussion

if you want to go low. get the right seat rail/brackets

Bride FG or Nagisa ultra low seat rails FTW

6' tall with helmet in a S14 and still have room on top (using bride FG)
Old 05-09-2014, 07:59 PM   #55
InsTanCeZ
Zilvia Addict

InsTanCeZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Nagisa rails w/ flipped rear brackets = lowest possible setup.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:53 AM   #56
heiyuu
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
heiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
can u flip the rails on bride fg?

looks like u can, but the bolts and stuff will get in the way of the slider unless u bolt it to the NOW lowest positon (which is the highest position when its not flipped upside down)

I ran into the additional problem that I have a status GT seat which is extra wide. I had to drill out the mounting holes to space out the rails to fit the seat. doesn't slide as nice now thou (I suspect the rails are now in a pizza shape instead of perfectly parallel to each other)
Old 05-20-2014, 09:23 AM   #57
ZX88
Post Whore!

ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Just an FYI to those saying you can just flip NAMS brackets to go lower. IT all depends on your seat. Also on the center console side rail you need some really flush hardware if you want to keep any adjustment.
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote