Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 08:54 AM   #421
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
CursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by justaKAiswear View Post
Pink spindles FTMFW. Rep recieved!

ALSO - For rust removal, I used Napa Naval Jelly, Napa PN 765-1292 That and fine grit steel wool works excellent for surface rust, for more serious rust I have used copper/steel tires brushes (look like tooth brushes) and sanded with 400/800/1200 to remove the scratches from the brushes

Im assuming its light surface rust if its on your C/O's, hope that helps!
The Naval Jelly has a chrome warning on it, but maybe I can get away with it if I do it without long periods of exposure. Thanks for the tip.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2008, 01:44 PM   #422
96Turbo
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
i'm not sure it would be feasible to do this with your coilovers...but it seems to work like a charm. If you plan on taking apart and/or rebuilding them here would be an interesting method to try: http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.p...d+rust+removal

Do that and powdercoat the shock bodies. that would be sweet
Old 03-29-2008, 10:01 PM   #423
MunsonAuto
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
MunsonAuto will become famous soon enoughMunsonAuto will become famous soon enoughMunsonAuto will become famous soon enoughMunsonAuto will become famous soon enoughMunsonAuto will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MunsonAuto
I've used coca-cola and steel wool on a few surface rusted chrome chevy truck bumpers before. I don't know how well it will work on your coilovers but it's another possible option.
Sssssiiiiiicccckkkkkk build btw!!!
Old 03-30-2008, 10:55 AM   #424
ByeByeSti
Banned from the Marketplace

ByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuckley View Post
the front assembly is so damn sexy.

+rep for being baller

this my friend is being more then baller haha this build is just straight up fucking nuts. his paint scheme in the front end is sick, his fmic eats small children, and his car is more then i will ever afford haha
Old 04-17-2008, 05:17 AM   #425
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

CursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfection
BS Update but it is what I have been doing.

I have puttered arond and completed absolutely nothing really, mainly because it is about time to get started on harder parts here soon, and it is taking sometime to think out and plan correctly. Meanwhile I just do the little shit until I figure it all out.

So here are the pics of work done in the past few days.
Rear Suspension was put up
Started assembling the body
Put the dash cross bar in (After much scrubbing and painting)
Coaed the Dash in Resin, sanded, coated, sanded and then coated it again. Hopefully it will be smooth enough soo to make a mold from it.
Oh and I wasted time painting my steering Rack a nice Silver with Black.
Figured out my headlight brackets so the damn things will sit straight as well.
Don't bust my balls for the rusty Toe Rod Bolts, they were temporary and have since been replaced with beautiful brand new ones from Nissan.

Old 04-17-2008, 05:53 AM   #426
Modrified
Zilvia Member

Modrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of light
it's really coming along. keep it up man. love this thread.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:50 AM   #427
slideattack
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
slideattack is on the path to ruinslideattack is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
All I can say is ...WOW!!!!! you my friend are a baller.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:34 AM   #428
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
dam that thing is insane
Old 04-17-2008, 10:47 AM   #429
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
super sweet
i love the color of your car
Old 04-17-2008, 10:49 AM   #430
spooledyou33

spooledyou33 is a jewel in the roughspooledyou33 is a jewel in the roughspooledyou33 is a jewel in the roughspooledyou33 is a jewel in the roughspooledyou33 is a jewel in the roughspooledyou33 is a jewel in the roughspooledyou33 is a jewel in the rough
wow

i just spend like almost an hour looking and reading your whole thread... i have to say i can only dream of doing this to a s15 its great the love you have shown to the car. when you found it.. she was ready for the junk yard now for sure front page of all the tuner mags good luck me hope she comes out the way you want it to
Old 04-17-2008, 10:57 AM   #431
Full-Lock
Nissanaholic!

Full-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Full-Lock
wow this looks soo good!! sweet..

i dont know if you mentioned but did you ever say what wheels are going on this?
Old 04-17-2008, 10:59 AM   #432
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Nice rusty bolts. At least clean em up a little.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:02 AM   #433
Sreds13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Sreds13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownSreds13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownSreds13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownSreds13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
GOOD GOD!!! HOLLY SHIT!!! WHAT THE FUCK!!!!

THAT SIR IS BALLA STATUS
Old 04-17-2008, 11:19 AM   #434
tdub377
Leaky Injector

tdub377 is on the path to ruintdub377 is on the path to ruintdub377 is on the path to ruin
Wow supper nice car man. Thing is comming along really well.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:32 AM   #435
DisEpyon
Zilvia Junkie

DisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to DisEpyon
your car is so colorful, reminds me of laffy taffy candy, i just want to eat it.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:36 AM   #436
jakethesnake
Zilvia Member

jakethesnake is not welcome here anymorejakethesnake is not welcome here anymorejakethesnake is not welcome here anymorejakethesnake is not welcome here anymorejakethesnake is not welcome here anymorejakethesnake is not welcome here anymorejakethesnake is not welcome here anymorejakethesnake is not welcome here anymorejakethesnake is not welcome here anymorejakethesnake is not welcome here anymore
your car is going to be amazing!!! very nice job!!!
Old 04-17-2008, 11:40 AM   #437
hotlavaflow
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
hotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to hotlavaflow
wow I'm speechless, that's amazing.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:41 AM   #438
TougeLabs
Premium Member

TougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to TougeLabs
WOW.
Incredible
Old 04-17-2008, 11:47 AM   #439
s14tan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
s14tan has made poor choicess14tan has made poor choicess14tan has made poor choicess14tan has made poor choicess14tan has made poor choicess14tan has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Respect.

Just sick dude, sick...
Old 04-17-2008, 12:29 PM   #440
Neejay
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Neejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CursedGTR View Post
Don't bust my balls for the rusty Toe Rod Bolts, they were temporary and have since been replaced with beautiful brand new ones from Nissan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybert View Post
Nice rusty bolts. At least clean em up a little.
What?

EDIT: Wait, not sure if he meant those were the ONLY ones replaced or what...
Old 04-17-2008, 12:57 PM   #441
xplicit240
Zilvia Addict

xplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to xplicit240
so how do i get you to build me a car for free? =) awesome build ! anxiously waiting for the next post.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:10 PM   #442
l2edken
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
l2edken is a jewel in the roughl2edken is a jewel in the roughl2edken is a jewel in the roughl2edken is a jewel in the roughl2edken is a jewel in the roughl2edken is a jewel in the roughl2edken is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
speechless, i need to see this finished product... so fuckin gorgeous
Old 04-17-2008, 04:27 PM   #443
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neejay View Post
What?

EDIT: Wait, not sure if he meant those were the ONLY ones replaced or what...

All of the bolts are clean. The toe rod bolts were completely replaced, The rest of them were sandblasted. They will all get powder coated in a few weeks. So uh , yeah I repeat don't bust my balls over rusty bolts because I took care of it. The biggest thing with a project like this is making sure that big box of bolts you have all ends up in the right place .

Thanks all for the input and support.
Old 04-17-2008, 05:09 PM   #444
96Turbo
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
can't believe you got that giant hunk of aluminum you call an intercooler to tuck behind the bumper so nicely! looks amazing
Old 04-17-2008, 05:15 PM   #445
Flybert
Post Whore!

Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Why not weld a lower intercooler support? Seems like it would be nicer and more reliable than the stacked aluminum. O, and what are all the bungs for on the radiator?
Old 04-17-2008, 05:25 PM   #446
Kougeki
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Kougeki has a reputation beyond reputeKougeki has a reputation beyond reputeKougeki has a reputation beyond reputeKougeki has a reputation beyond reputeKougeki has a reputation beyond reputeKougeki has a reputation beyond reputeKougeki has a reputation beyond reputeKougeki has a reputation beyond reputeKougeki has a reputation beyond reputeKougeki has a reputation beyond reputeKougeki has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kougeki Send a message via MSN to Kougeki Send a message via Yahoo to Kougeki
Looking at those pictures, my pants got super tight.
I need a moment...

Gamertag:XxChumbawumbaxX
Old 04-17-2008, 05:35 PM   #447
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
as always..... COLOR is AWESOME
Old 04-17-2008, 06:07 PM   #448
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybert View Post
Why not weld a lower intercooler support? Seems like it would be nicer and more reliable than the stacked aluminum. O, and what are all the bungs for on the radiator?
That is 6061 Billet aluminum it is super reliable and the sandwiching idea works for stability and relaiability BUT the biggest advantage to it is the fact that it is removable. Now look at it closely and you will see that we cut pieces of metal to go with the Tension rod bracket surface area in order to attain a flat mounting spot. That is the primary reason for the sandwiching, Another point is the fact that the entire assembly is adjustable.

The bugns on the Radiator are for direct water feed from each turbine and two feeds from the Coolant Swirl pot that is part of the GT Head cooling modification outlined on the engine page at the beginning of this thread.
Old 04-17-2008, 06:38 PM   #449
burnsauto
Post Whore!

burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
are you still doing this out of a hobby shop?
Old 04-17-2008, 07:32 PM   #450
TiNMAN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
TiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TiNMAN
two words, dream build.

I AM LEGIT.
Closed Thread