Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 01:44 AM   #721
240kidd

Trader Rating: (0)
240kidd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
damn this is such a nice build.. I didnt read all of it.. but are you doing and awd setup or rwd??
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2008, 05:16 AM   #722
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
CursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240kidd View Post
damn this is such a nice build.. I didnt read all of it.. but are you doing and awd setup or rwd??
Rear Wheel Drive.
Old 10-04-2008, 01:43 PM   #723
xpl2007
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (15)
xpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Guess i will see this in Tokyo Auto Salon in Jan...
NIce.. This is why i coming....

Old 10-11-2008, 04:53 AM   #724
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

CursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpl2007 View Post
Guess i will see this in Tokyo Auto Salon in Jan...
NIce.. This is why i coming....
I doubt I will make TAS, but then again, if I was staying in Japan for another year, I probably would.

Today, I finished up the rear harness and got the tail lights squared away. I started looming and setting upp the front harness parts for the charging system and all the peripherals will go throgh a second harness. Each front harness will be about the size of a nickel in diameter so it should turn out really nice looking.

I also picked up another R33 E-Brake assembly to put to use, but I have to modify the back plates for the big rotors and fix a little rust hole in one of them. Since the rear rotors are for stock 296mm rotors, I am thinking about extending them out for the 330mm rotors I have for the rear.

Once the front harness and and e-brake assembly is complete, I will move into the cabin and finish up the dash and column harnesses with all the switches and switch panel, finish the center console for the dash.

After all this is complete, I need to order the caliper rebuild kits for the rotora brakes, some sway bar end links, tires and the pedal system with all the lines and I will have a rolling chasis.

Out with the old crap harness -

I used some black nylon braided loom that is tubular so you have to feed it over the wire like a sock but it is kick ass because it grips to the wire and does not move aorund after you set it in place. The rear harness was completed and I left a alot of play in the wires so that it is easy to service the wires in the area comfortably without worrying about pulling wires to hard or not being able to reach them.

Rear Grounding Center (I will be running 2X 2 gauge wires into the lugs on top on bottom in order to provide ground to chasis for all the electrical items in the trunk).

This is the picture of the front harness as you can see it is pretty nicely sized and the loom I am using makes it pretty moldable so it will be very nicely laid into the engine bay without having to use 700 zip ties to hold it in place.

Old 10-11-2008, 11:13 AM   #725
SlideAlliance
Zilvia Junkie

SlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond repute
Brian I hate you, everytime I look in here I have to go do something new to my car

Battle Idol Works 2015
Old 10-11-2008, 04:05 PM   #726
96Turbo
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
nice...that's gonna be so clean
Old 10-11-2008, 10:16 PM   #727
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
i wish i had ur patience to rewire my car. sick shit man
Old 10-11-2008, 10:47 PM   #728
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by CursedGTR View Post
Dude, thanks for the input on the wiring. I have a plan on the grounds but maybe you can hear me out and tell what you think.

I have Two 10 terminal brass grounbd strips that I intend on mounting in the trunk and in the Engine Bay. Each one will have a Chasis ground ran to the rails consisting of TWO 4 gauge Copper wires.

The Relay Grounds Will be separate and will consiist of an 8 gauge ground wire to the chasis rails and the grounding point on the terminal strips

and the Battery will get a 0 Gauge Ground to the Chasis.

I will also ground the motor using 4 or 6 gauge copper wire as well as grounding straps get ate up over here quite quickly.

Let me know what you think. I will post pictures of it as soon as I am done wiring all the positive wires.
grounding with any wire over 4gauge is stupidly over kill. (no offence) but with the multiple grounding points you will be fine with just 4ga grounds. make sure to go to an audio shop and get the Gold plated terminals to resist corrosion its adds up and gets expensive but in the long run its worth it. about the ground from battery to the chassis just be sure to get some nice multistrand copper wire 2Ga is the best for your application (assuming yo won't install mega baller omg 2000whatt sound system and jdm tyte underglow and 200 gauges all over the dash lol *sarcasm*)

the copper grounding plates are awesome i actually wish i would ahve thought of that. so far it looks good. keep it up!

Review Thread
Old 10-11-2008, 11:02 PM   #729
SilviaDoctrine
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
SilviaDoctrine is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Wow! Can't wait to see it finished!
Old 10-13-2008, 11:12 PM   #730
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bardabe View Post
grounding with any wire over 4gauge is stupidly over kill. (no offence) but with the multiple grounding points you will be fine with just 4ga grounds. make sure to go to an audio shop and get the Gold plated terminals to resist corrosion its adds up and gets expensive but in the long run its worth it. about the ground from battery to the chassis just be sure to get some nice multistrand copper wire 2Ga is the best for your application (assuming yo won't install mega baller omg 2000whatt sound system and jdm tyte underglow and 200 gauges all over the dash lol *sarcasm*)

the copper grounding plates are awesome i actually wish i would ahve thought of that. so far it looks good. keep it up!

I fully intend to install what I consider to be a monster baller stereo system, consisting of an IPod compatible ghetto blaster strapped to the roll cage

Got majority of the front harness assembled in the past two days.
The drivers side harness has all the charging system wires and the right blinkers wires. The passenger side holds the head light wires, blinkers and fans.
Next step is to cut and terminate all the wires, finish trimming everything up and then building the switch
panel for everything.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:01 AM   #731
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
looking good man!
Old 10-14-2008, 09:18 AM   #732
KasperSlide
Zilvia Member

KasperSlide has made poor choicesKasperSlide has made poor choicesKasperSlide has made poor choicesKasperSlide has made poor choicesKasperSlide has made poor choicesKasperSlide has made poor choices
every time i see this thread i feel unaccomplished and less of a man......shits so hot it makes me sick
Old 10-14-2008, 09:48 AM   #733
Kyosuke
Leaky Injector

Kyosuke is not welcome here anymoreKyosuke is not welcome here anymoreKyosuke is not welcome here anymoreKyosuke is not welcome here anymoreKyosuke is not welcome here anymoreKyosuke is not welcome here anymoreKyosuke is not welcome here anymoreKyosuke is not welcome here anymoreKyosuke is not welcome here anymoreKyosuke is not welcome here anymoreKyosuke is not welcome here anymore
this dude is a monster,on some tony stark shit
Old 10-14-2008, 10:06 AM   #734
Oo_Skyline_oO
BANNED

Oo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Oo_Skyline_oO
how are you planning to cover up all the excess wholes into the cabin btw???
Old 10-14-2008, 10:35 AM   #735
xtreme 2
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (1)
xtreme 2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Damn, totally Sick. Loving every bit of it so far, and will be checking back weekly to see more. Totally makes me want to take my S13 in a different direction.

What will you do the day the military tells you to go home?
Old 10-14-2008, 04:25 PM   #736
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oo_Skyline_oO View Post
how are you planning to cover up all the excess wholes into the cabin btw???
I plan on using aluminum, rubber and some bolts to make removable block plates
Old 10-14-2008, 04:27 PM   #737
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme 2 View Post
Damn, totally Sick. Loving every bit of it so far, and will be checking back weekly to see more. Totally makes me want to take my S13 in a different direction.

What will you do the day the military tells you to go home?
I am working on getting on with a couple government agencies doing what I do for the military and I am also considering some contractor positions. Basically anything that will allow me to travel and do what I do now and still afford my habit.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:30 PM   #738
Oo_Skyline_oO
BANNED

Oo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Oo_Skyline_oO
nice............also, what fuel pump(s)??
Old 10-14-2008, 05:25 PM   #739
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oo_Skyline_oO View Post
nice............also, what fuel pump(s)??

I am going to use a low pressure in tank fuel pump, a swirl pot and a weldon external pump (forgot the exact model number but ti supports my fuel requirements easily).
Old 10-14-2008, 07:48 PM   #740
Modrified
Zilvia Member

Modrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of light
glad to see this is still going. those ground plates are nice.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:33 PM   #741
firelizard
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
firelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyosuke View Post
this dude is a monster,on some tony stark shit
[jeff bridges]CursedGTR built this in a CAVE.

With a box of SCRAPS![/jeff bridges]

Every post impresses me with the intricate details and attention to function and form.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:36 AM   #742
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Put the Front sway bar on (It is from a C34) and got the rotor caps back from the powder coater. The Sway Bars and the Rotor Caps were powder coated by Hot Modz here in Okinawa. Very decent work IMO.

The Front Sway bar is using ARC end links and they are a bit slanted to the rear right now. I have been told this should not be an issue but if it turns out to be an issue I will make necessary m odifications to get the right angle. I also picked up some JIC adjustable rear End Links and will get the rear sway bar installed with those in the next day or two. Everything is hand tight right now so I will position it correctly and tighten it all down when I have everything assembled.

I am working on putting the E-Brake in right now. Shitty thing is the fact that the dust shield is not big enough to accomodate the larger rear rotors so I drilled out the spot welds and removed the dust shields completely. Later on, whenI have time to reapproach this with the right tools I will look at making some custom dust shields but for now, I doubt this will have any adverse effects on anything at all.

I also finished up the front lighting harness and the requisite plugs and grounds, now I am working on the necessary chasis grounds for the grounding bar and the plug for the main harness to the Engine.
Anyways, Pics down below, should have something resembling a rolling chasis in the next few weeks.

Fan Wires Waiting for some fans
Old 10-30-2008, 08:30 AM   #743
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

ZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the rough
couldnt you just take a torch and hammer to the ends of that sway bar. Or have you even test fit the piece yet?
Old 10-30-2008, 08:38 AM   #744
TriniGT
Zilvia Addict

TriniGT is making a name for him/her selfTriniGT is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZilviaKid View Post
couldnt you just take a torch and hammer to the ends of that sway bar. Or have you even test fit the piece yet?
I would think putting a torch to it would ruin the tensile strength of the item making it more brittle and you really don't want an item breaking on you with the kinda of power going into this build.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:08 AM   #745
silnismo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
silnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I don't think the slant in the link will be a problem at all. Sure, the slant will cause the the end link to pull on the Lower control arm at awkward angle, but you have upgraded control arms so i think it could take the punishment.
1994 E36-Daily
1998 DC2- F.S

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNskY View Post

your idea of "doing it right" isn't the same as everyone else's... no matter how many kids on here swing from your nuts
Old 10-30-2008, 11:54 AM   #746
wow-thats-a-cool-car
Post Whore!

wow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to wow-thats-a-cool-car
have you dyno tested the motor or finnished putting it together?
Old 10-30-2008, 04:27 PM   #747
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZilviaKid View Post
It is mounted now and the only issue is the slant in the end link. To combat this if necessary I was most likely going to utilize an offset bracket that would mount to the lower control arm and allow the link to sit vertical.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:33 PM   #748
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wow-thats-a-cool-car View Post
have you dyno tested the motor or finnished putting it together?
The motor is finished for the most part, minus some peripheral items, but there is nowhere to engine dyno anything on Okinawa. JUN will do it but I hardly think it is worth the money to send it all the way up there and pay their fees along with shipping to get a baseline number.

I may get this thing to rolling chasis and quit for a while. I am most likely going back to the states in the spring so I will just use the time to get it ready to be shipped. Once in the U.S. I will reassemble it and most likely have a computer professionally installed and tuned in order to get an accurate number out of it.

Brian
Old 10-30-2008, 07:18 PM   #749
96Turbo
Zilvia FREAK!

96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CursedGTR View Post
Once in the U.S. I will reassemble it and most likely have a computer professionally installed and tuned in order to get an accurate number out of it.
huh? i'm confused.

by computer do u mean ECU/EMS computer?

if so, why would you need it professionally installed?
Old 10-30-2008, 08:12 PM   #750
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
wiring looks clean man, very good job. and that monster audio system should be ok with 2Ga wire lol looks really good keep it going.

Review Thread
Closed Thread