Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-22-2023, 09:01 AM   #23911
allntrlundrgrnd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
allntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Lol Thanks man, I confirmed with GKtech that the ABS ring can be pressed on their hubs so I went ahead and ordered those. Need to track down some oem bearings and maybe some more abs rings if I can find them
allntrlundrgrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2023, 10:17 AM   #23912
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by allntrlundrgrnd View Post
Lol Thanks man, I confirmed with GKtech that the ABS ring can be pressed on their hubs so I went ahead and ordered those. Need to track down some oem bearings and maybe some more abs rings if I can find them
In my experience, Timken bearings for these cars are typically NTN or Koyo, made in Japan OEM.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 02:32 PM   #23913
thermogod
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
thermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
is it generally accepted that all KA24DE aftermarket headers will hit the steering column? i have a set of no-name headers on mine that currently sit directly on the column. finally found someone selling ISR headers and he took a hammer to them to avoid the column. i google it and find out that plenty of others have clearance issues. pacesetter, OBX, ISR, whatever it is... what is the alternate option?

i guess i shouldn't mind taking a hammer to it if it's an N/A motor that doesn't really care about flow restriction anyways...

edit: it was my motor mounts lol. they were sagging like you know what. also i found out i have Flashark headers. never heard of em

Last edited by thermogod; 01-02-2024 at 04:24 PM..
thermogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 08:06 PM   #23914
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by thermogod View Post
is it generally accepted that all KA24DE aftermarket headers will hit the steering column? i have a set of no-name headers on mine that currently sit directly on the column. finally found someone selling ISR headers and he took a hammer to them to avoid the column. i google it and find out that plenty of others have clearance issues. pacesetter, OBX, ISR, whatever it is... what is the alternate option?

i guess i shouldn't mind taking a hammer to it if it's an N/A motor that doesn't really care about flow restriction anyways...
loosen your motor mounts and adjust the tilt of the motor... there is a lot of room in your brackets.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 08:31 PM   #23915
thermogod
Leaky Injector

thermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
loosen your motor mounts and adjust the tilt of the motor... there is a lot of room in your brackets.
got it, that was my suspicion. thanks
Old 11-25-2023, 05:19 AM   #23916
leftfootbrake

leftfootbrake is a jewel in the roughleftfootbrake is a jewel in the roughleftfootbrake is a jewel in the roughleftfootbrake is a jewel in the roughleftfootbrake is a jewel in the roughleftfootbrake is a jewel in the roughleftfootbrake is a jewel in the rough
Can I fit a 9.5j et35 on an s13 in the rear without touching the coilover? Don't want spacers
leftfootbrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 08:05 AM   #23917
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftfootbrake View Post
Can I fit a 9.5j et35 on an s13 in the rear without touching the coilover? Don't want spacers
Yes. Should fit no problem in back. Inner clearance really isn't the issue there.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 12:45 AM   #23918
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftfootbrake View Post
17/18x9.5 +35 will fit fine in regards to the coilovers (you will need to roll your fenders though). depending on what tire size you run, you may need to add camber. my Advan Super Racing Gen.2s are 17x9.5 +38 on 245s and fit with -0.5 deg of camber (factory) perfectly on rolled fenders. my current 18x9.5 +34 Blest wheels require 4mm of camber (which is like -4 deg) with 245s to clear my rolled fenders. im gonna change the rear tires on those out to 235s to eliminate camber and make it so i can swap my Advans on without having to adjust rear suspension geometry.

coilover clearance on both is just fine.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 10:31 AM   #23919
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:

I have a no-name header that fits, it's very close but no interaction. Mine is similar to ISR or OBX, just an "ebay" stainless 4-2-1. 4-2-1s usually have better clearance, that's why 4-1s usually have that extra joint in the bellhousing area, otherwise you wouldn't even have enough room to install them.

That said I think under the right conditions letting out the clutch something on mine juuuust kisses the floorpan or firewall. It's not much but just enough that I feel a tingle in my left foot. And that only started after I replaced my sagging transmission mount with a fresh OEM-style one from Enjuku.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2023, 12:32 AM   #23920
90greys13
Leaky Injector

90greys13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Rb25det s13 swap Drive shaft

Hey all i am swapping my s13 i have a rb25det and i was able to get my hands on mckinney mounts, my question is does anyone know if the isr driveshaft would work? they state that its ment to work with their mounts only if not does anyone know if the prefabed driveshafts work or is it Best to try and get measurements?
90greys13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 10:10 AM   #23921
AKADriver
Post Whore!

AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Can anyone point me to the FSM page (S13) that has the diagram for the front undertray? I can't find it for the life of me. Just need to know exactly how many fasteners the factory used. Parts diagrams are surprisingly no help (it only shows the four j-nuts at the front).
Old 01-05-2024, 07:53 AM   #23922
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADriver View Post
Can anyone point me to the FSM page (S13) that has the diagram for the front undertray? I can't find it for the life of me. Just need to know exactly how many fasteners the factory used. Parts diagrams are surprisingly no help (it only shows the four j-nuts at the front).
The parts diagram on Nengun has qty 4 01241-00011 of the nuts, and then has the bolts as 08363-6162H (11). The 11 in parenthesis is how many it needs.

That sounds about right off memory. 4 up front in the bumper, 3 to the core support, 2 at the tension rod brackets, then 2 at the subframe. S14 might have 5 in the bumper.

There's no diagram in the FSM for the splash shield.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 02:10 PM   #23923
Corbic
Post Whore!

Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Part number or alternative for the four steering shaft bolts that go into the rubber donut that connects the two parts?

I don't want to use Ace Hardware bolts since I know the OEM ones have shafts without threads. I'm worried the threaded surface is going to cause play.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 06:08 AM   #23924
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Nissan doesn't list any of the column bushing parts separately (there's just one part number for the entire lower steering shaft). Are you sure the bolts even come out? It's been a while but GKTech's install video for their bushing backs up my memory that the bolts are pressed into the shaft halves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwPlE2sKlIM
Old 01-08-2024, 06:21 AM   #23925
thermogod
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Nissan doesn't list any of the column bushing parts separately (there's just one part number for the entire lower steering shaft). Are you sure the bolts even come out? It's been a while but GKTech's install video for their bushing backs up my memory that the bolts are pressed into the shaft halves
you are correct, i JUST replaced my rubber donut on my s13 and both sets of bolts are pressed in. if you need to swap the bolts out, especially the ones on the firewall side, may god help you.

Corbic i know you probably know this but don't forget to mark your steering shaft when you take it off so shit don't get misaligned.
Old 01-10-2024, 08:58 PM   #23926
A DOG 406
Zilvia Member

A DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really nice
I need to replace my clutch after 10 years of drifting.
I have an sr20det swapped S13 coupe.
How do i tell if i have an SR or KA trans?
And are the clutches the same or different?
Old 01-10-2024, 09:03 PM   #23927
e1_griego
Post Whore!

e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
1. The bellhousings are motor specific, which means it doesn't matter if you have a KA or SR trans.
2. The clutches are different, but clutches go with motors, not transmissions.

You need an SR clutch.
Old 01-10-2024, 09:07 PM   #23928
A DOG 406
Zilvia Member

A DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really niceA DOG 406 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
1. The bellhousings are motor specific, which means it doesn't matter if you have a KA or SR trans.
2. The clutches are different, but clutches go with motors, not transmissions.
You need an SR clutch.
Thanks man!! Surprised my clutch lasted this long.
Flywheel would also be SR?
Might as well replace that while im in there.
Old 01-10-2024, 10:03 PM   #23929
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Yes they're different.
Old 01-11-2024, 10:10 PM   #23930
thermogod
Leaky Injector

s13 KA with an S14 IACV. on all cold starts, my rpm will drop and then the car shuts off. if i hold RPM for a few seconds, then slowly release, it'll stay idling (very low)

the brown and purple plugs on the IACV are plugged in. i tested and found no vacuum leaks. y does my KA die on a cold start?

for what it's worth, when it's hot, it starts and idles perfectly

Last edited by thermogod; 01-16-2024 at 07:43 AM..
thermogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 06:24 PM   #23931
allntrlundrgrnd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
allntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Nevermind lol

Last edited by allntrlundrgrnd; 01-17-2024 at 10:35 AM.. Reason: Ding dong
allntrlundrgrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 06:46 AM   #23932
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Quote:
s13 KA with an S14 IACV. on all cold starts, my rpm will drop and then the car shuts off. if i hold RPM for a few seconds, then slowly release, it'll stay idling (very low)

the brown and purple plugs on the IACV are plugged in. i tested and found no vacuum leaks. y does my KA die on a cold start?

for what it's worth, when it's hot, it starts and idles perfectly
Is the ECU temp sensor hooked up and working? That would be my first thing to check, the two-pin square connector one on the water neck. Basically just check the ohms on a cold engine, I forget what the spec is, but if it's unplugged or out of range, ECU thinks the engine is warm, no cold idle.

S13 and S14 IACVs are electrically compatible but they did change the connector, connector could be wired backwards if it's been cut and spliced. The production break actually isn't S13 vs. S14 it's actually at June 1992 that they went to the "S14" style with the purple connector. Part number changed from 2378153F11 to 2378153F12.
Old 01-18-2024, 10:13 AM   #23933
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Does anyone have a good source for the Nissan emblem for stock s13 front bumper? Or an alternate option maybe from a different Nissan? I’m almost done painting bumpers and the old emblem looks like ass. I’d like to replace it with something new.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 10:14 AM   #23934
brndck
Premium Member

brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Does anyone have a good source for the Nissan emblem for stock s13 front bumper? Or an alternate option maybe from a different Nissan? I?m almost done painting bumpers and the old emblem looks like ass. I?d like to replace it with something new.

Quote:
Old 01-18-2024, 12:28 PM   #23935
AKADriver
Post Whore!

According to the parts diagrams, for the chuki 240/180 it's the same as the kouki 180SX. 62890-51F00. Looks like it's cheapest on amayama but a lot of stores have it.
Old 01-18-2024, 03:25 PM   #23936
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
According to the parts diagrams, for the chuki 240/180 it's the same as the kouki 180SX. 62890-51F00. Looks like it's cheapest on amayama but a lot of stores have it.
Oh shit I thought it was discontinued! Thanks man + rep!

Quote:
Old 01-18-2024, 04:38 PM   #23937
thermogod
Leaky Injector

Quote:
IThe production break actually isn't S13 vs. S14 it's actually at June 1992 that they went to the "S14" style with the purple connector. Part number changed from 2378153F11 to 2378153F12.
thanks! temp sensor is hooked up so i'll check the ohms, but it definitely works (i can see temp changing as the car warms up).

also, about the IACV connector thing, how the fuck do you know that? i like to imagine you've been waiting for months to drop that random fact. that's impressive.
Old 01-18-2024, 08:12 PM   #23938
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Quote:
thanks! temp sensor is hooked up so i'll check the ohms, but it definitely works (i can see temp changing as the car warms up).

also, about the IACV connector thing, how the fuck do you know that? i like to imagine you've been waiting for months to drop that random fact. that's impressive.
I kinda vaguely knew it because my '93 is all kinds of weird from the factory and an S14 IACV plugged right in. They rolled out a lot of changes to the KA for the '93 model year in the summer of '92 (butterfly delete, one year only cams) and then some more random stuff right before the end of S13 KA production in the spring of '93. So I looked it up on the parts diagrams just to confirm what I was thinking. Partsouq is usually where I look this stuff up.

There are two temp sensors FYI, one runs the temp gauge and one talks to the ECU. The gauge sensor is the skinny one with a flat spade connector. That one could be working but the ECU one could be bad and you wouldn't be able to tell without a CONSULT reader.
Old 01-19-2024, 06:28 AM   #23939
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Quote:
how the fuck do you know that? i like to imagine you've been waiting for months to drop that random fact. that's impressive.
This got my ass laughing like an idiot in front of coworkers
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 06:57 PM   #23940
brndck
Premium Member

OK PART TWO OF MY RANDOM ASS QUESTION

Does anyone know of a NEW style Nissan badge that is the same size or very close to the Nissan badge used on s13 front bumper?

Quote: