Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA

USA Talk to others in your region.

Old 02-07-2003, 05:52 PM   #91
MazingerS14
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
MazingerS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MazingerS14
So, is anyone going to the rally later this month?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2003, 07:35 PM   #92
whateverjames
Nissanaholic!

whateverjames has a little shameless behavior in the past
Send a message via AIM to whateverjames
hey puck where is the rally at? i'd really like to go to that. i don't care HOW far away it is, i gotta see this!
i stay away from cruising and street racing as well. now, i just enjoy driving my car. it was fun for a while. it's hard to believe you are 28, though. you look like you're in your early 20's.

i heard adrenaline got robbed

02 Blazer X - 90 240SX w/SR

oh noes
whateverjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 08:36 PM   #93
MazingerS14
Leaky Injector

The Rally is going to be in south-central Missouri. Around the towns of Salem, Ellington, Potosi, etc. Here's the site for the event www.100aw.org

Yeah, this is a pretty high profile event. Don't think this is just some local guys messing around. There will be teams from all over the US and probably from other countries too. You can do a search of "100 acre wood rally" and see how much stuff is out there and some cool pix of last years cars, lots of yummy Evo's.

Most people don't believe I'm 28 (turn 29 in May), I still get carded for cigs

My car is pretty much still the same as when you last saw it, slow. The only thing different is that I got a painted Nissan front lip spoiler (such an improvement), new wheels and tires.

Didn't hear about Adrenaline being robbed, of course I live the life of a hermit What was stolen?
Old 02-08-2003, 07:25 PM   #94
crioten
"buddy jesus"

crioten is making a name for him/her selfcrioten is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to crioten
i would really like to get involved with auto-x, keep me informed and ill try to make it to the next event.

glen
I'd rather take the bus with a bus-full of AIDS infected naked rape convicts than drive a VW.
crioten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 11:58 AM   #95
ralphyboy
Leaky Injector

ralphyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey this is just an idea. The next time we get together we should do it at a pool hall. It woud keep us occupied while we talk and most of them have food and drink. they are not too busy during the day either.
ralphyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 11:06 AM   #96
240GURL
Zilvia Member

240GURL is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Didn't hear about Adrenaline being robbed, of course I live the life of a hermit What was stolen?
A Ford Explorer, Civic hatch, some altezzas, misc. car parts, couple of nitrous kits. They found the hatch a couple of days later.
Old 02-10-2003, 06:14 PM   #97
MazingerS14
Leaky Injector

Someone stole a Civic and Altezza's?...Sick, some truely sick people Seriously, why the hell would they steal Altezza's? What morons. Last time I was at Adrenaline there were much better things to be taken. Those thiefs were truely idiots, had to have been ricers. To take taillights instead of electronics like the Boost Contollers, AFC's, etc is just assinine. I hope those thiefs end up getting caught and get a good beat down.
Old 02-10-2003, 11:09 PM   #98
ralphyboy
Leaky Injector

ralphyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by MazingerS14
Someone stole a Civic and Altezza's?...Sick, some truely sick people Seriously, why the hell would they steal Altezza's? What morons. Last time I was at Adrenaline there were much better things to be taken. Those thiefs were truely idiots, had to have been ricers. To take taillights instead of electronics like the Boost Contollers, AFC's, etc is just assinine. I hope those thiefs end up getting caught and get a good beat down.
AMEN!!
ralphyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 03:43 PM   #99
NSMOSILVIADET

NSMOSILVIADET is an unknown quantity at this point
next 240 meet stl

I am only going to post this once so..............................
The next not official meet will be on april 1st this is a tuesday night at Gateway international raceway that is the first day for the season and it is street tires only no slicks
send this post around to other nissan clubs and import clubs we would like to see as many imports as possible if you come you will get to see our sr20det powered 180sx run down the track for the first time see you all there.
NSMOSILVIADET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 07:48 PM   #100
MazingerS14
Leaky Injector

I hope some of you get to go to the Rally, I mean it's only once a year.

Also, the Novice School for SCCA Auto-X will be held April 5 (Saturday) at UMB. Cost is $50 and its put on by www.Soloperformance.com . I'm going to sign up so I can get the feel of it in front of other novices so there's no pressure when I spin my car I'll treat it also as a test and tune. Anyone wanting to Auto-X this year would greatly benefit from this so you can get your feet wet with the help of instructors and probably get more runs in than you normally would. There are 30 spots and they go quick. I was like number 33 last year so no dice. It would be real nice to have some 240's representing and a perfect venue to get to know each other.

NSMOSILVIADET, I wish I could make it but my work schedule won't make it possible. Do you have any links/pics of the car, I'd like to see it.
Old 02-14-2003, 09:06 PM   #101
whateverjames
Nissanaholic!

Can't go to the rally I have to work that weekend and by the time I got down there, It would almost be over.

oh noes
Old 02-17-2003, 12:29 AM   #102
importnut1212

importnut1212 is an unknown quantity at this point
adrenaline got robbed BAD. $100,000 worth of stuff taken. i'm friends with charles there if any of you know him. anyway, i'm new to this forum, and i would be really interested in attending a meet, or any get together. i've had my 240 for about a half year now, and i love it. thanks guys.
importnut1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 05:24 PM   #103
MazingerS14
Leaky Injector

Wow, $100,000!!! They got cleaned out. I didn't think they had that much stuff there, unless there were a couple of blinged out show car sitting in the bays.

Importnut1212, what kind of 240 do you drive? Do you live out here in St. Charles?

Have any of you guys gotten your car emmission tested lately. Apparently they are changing the way they do things and are not going to use the dyno on OBDII cars any more. All they are going to do is hook up to your OBDII port and read the computer and codes. If you throw a code you fail, simple as that. I think this may make things interesting. I'm not sure how the things work but I imagine that the ECU has a distinctive ID for the scanners to read so I'm thinking SR ECU's might not jive and cause an automatic failure.

I don't remember if the older OBDI had the data ports so maybe the guys with S13's are going to be okay.

However, if all they are checking is the OBDII and not actual emmissions, I think a KA-T might easily be able to pass. As long as you can trick the computer into thinking your O2 sensor and other sensors are reading clean numbers anything can go. I'm not condoning it or anything but that means you can just gut your cat and even get rid of your EGR system and as long as the ECU thinks its there you'll pass.

It really looks like a KA-T might be the way to go unless you have connections with Gateway Clean Air. Now if only GReddy can get off its lazy butt and get that turbo manifold made so they can release their turbo kit, I'll be set. I've heard that the rest of the system is done, just waiting for a finished manifold. Of course its already been two years in the making. Since it's supposed to be CARB exempt, emmissions hear shouldn't be a problem.
Old 02-17-2003, 06:58 PM   #104
importnut1212

importnut1212 is an unknown quantity at this point
i have a 95 red se with an s14 sr20det and some other goods as well. i go to SLU, but i'm originally from the area. yeah, adrenaline got about 12 sets of wheels/tires taken, all their turbos (probably about 5-10) all of their electronics, intakes, headers, and just various other things.

i'd love to get in on some 240sx events in the stl area, i'm all about the meet at adrenaline in march.
importnut1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 01:44 PM   #105
Nerfdude
BANNED

Nerfdude is an unknown quantity at this point
hey, when is that meet, and where's adrenaline?
Nerfdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 03:15 PM   #106
240GURL
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Also, the Novice School for SCCA Auto-X will be held April 5 (Saturday) at UMB. Cost is $50 and its put on by www.Soloperformance.com . I'm going to sign up so I can get the feel of it in front of other novices so there's no pressure when I spin my car I'll treat it also as a test and tune. Anyone wanting to Auto-X this year would greatly benefit from this so you can get your feet wet with the help of instructors and probably get more runs in than you normally would. There are 30 spots and they go quick. I was like number 33 last year so no dice. It would be real nice to have some 240's representing and a perfect venue to get to know each other.
I'll be there. I was going to do the driving school, but $450 was just a bit too much.

Quote:
hey, when is that meet, and where's adrenaline?
Don't know anything about a meet, but they are off the service road at 70 and cave springs (st. charles).
Old 02-19-2003, 05:49 PM   #107
MazingerS14
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally posted by 240GURL
I'll be there. I was going to do the driving school, but $450 was just a bit too much.
You do realize that it is $50 and not $450, right? I think that is a d&mn good deal considering you'll get more runs than a regular auto-X. I mean, it cost $25 (iirc) for non-SCCA members to run a regular event. For $25 more you get instruction, more runs, a less stressful environment, and your crappy times won't be reflected in your season average Maybe you are getting Novice School mixed up with Evolution School which does cost more.
Old 02-19-2003, 08:35 PM   #108
Nerfdude
BANNED

hmm, 50 bucks... i dunno, you guys think my stock '92 could handle that kind of a beating, or would i just be begging for something to break?
Old 02-19-2003, 10:03 PM   #109
MazingerS14
Leaky Injector

As long as you have decent tread left on your tires, have decent oil, working brakes, and properly working cooling system you should be just fine. Most of the courses they put up you'll stay in 2, shifting to 3 will usually give you slower times, even though you'll be bouncing off your rev limiter in the straights. You have to realize that depending on if they hold an event at UMB or Gateway that the courses run around 30 seconds to one minute (for the experienced guys regardless of what they drive).
Old 02-20-2003, 09:32 AM   #110
240GURL
Zilvia Member

Quote:
You do realize that it is $50 and not $450, right?
Yes I know, I am not getting them mixed up. I originally wanted to do the 2 Phase Evolution (not performance specialties) Driving school May 2nd and 3rd. Class size is only 12, not 30, so it would have been more one to one with more time to do runs. but it is $225 per phase, and the second phase on Sat. is already full.

I still think the performance specialties one will be cool though--I need all the seat time I can get.
Old 02-28-2003, 02:48 PM   #111
Rennen
Zilvia Addict

Rennen will become famous soon enoughRennen will become famous soon enoughRennen will become famous soon enough
Did anyone else go to the rally? I saw a very nice red S14 there at one of the stages by Salem.

The rally was by far the coolest thing i have ever seen in Missouri. There were alot of Lancer Evos there. I took a couple of pictures there, but not of the good action because i was enjoying the action. You can check out my pics here and I should be getting a video from a friend soon.

It was alot of fun, except my car got stuck in the Mud about 4 times at the Potosi County Fairgrounds

-Matt
Rennen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 06:42 PM   #112
MazingerS14
Leaky Injector

Yeah, that was my S14. Thanks for the props. You didn't happen to be the guy in the S13 (I think it was grey)? If so, sorry I didn't introduce myself, I was focused on getting to the action.

I had a blast at the rally. It was colder than sh#t, but was worth freezing my balls off for. I waited for almost 4 hours for stage 11 in Bixby since they were running behind 2 hours. Were you at that stage? There was just so much craziness between stage 10 and 11, especially that close call with the hoosier driving his pick up truck down the hot course. Watching grown men start a fire by dousing the logs with 10w30 and a road flare was quite amusing, not to mention toxic

I too had lots of trouble getting around. My summer tires (Dunlop FM901) have no grip when its cold, throw in some mud and gravel, and I might as well have racing slicks.
Old 02-28-2003, 08:42 PM   #113
Rennen
Zilvia Addict

Rennen will become famous soon enoughRennen will become famous soon enoughRennen will become famous soon enough
Yeah, that was me in the S13. haha, it USED to be black, but this winter gray is much closer to its actual color.

I was only there Saturday I dont recall the numbers of the stages, but I just missed the stage by Salem, when you saw my car. I got to see them race under that overpass. Then I went to the Golf Course spectator point in Viburnum. That was awesome, they were coming in in high 4th gear and then drifting a 90º gravel turn. Did you see that one? I went to the next spectator stage in Potosi, but once the sun went down, it got hella cold and I left.

The best part was the sounds. Do you know if one of those lead Evos had a misfiring system? If not it was sure backfiring alot.

I am from the area around that area, so yeah, I know lots of interesting ways to start fires

-Matt

'89 Nissan 240SX fastback: #23 DSP/RallyMod2/Track Slut
'95 BMW 540i 6 speed: Ultimate Commuting Machine

PFM Racing
www.solo2.org
www.midwest240sx.com
Rennen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 11:49 AM   #114
xS1LV1Ax
Zilvia Addict

xS1LV1Ax is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to xS1LV1Ax Send a message via MSN to xS1LV1Ax
Is anything sool in St. Louis happening this weekend??? I will be there for a weeding and wanted to know what is cool to do there.
Old 03-05-2003, 06:12 PM   #115
NSMOSILVIADET

NSMOSILVIADET is an unknown quantity at this point
APRIL 1ST RACING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EVERYONE COME AND RACE
APRIL 1ST GATEWAY INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY
THIS IS A TUESDAY NIGHT CHECK IN IS AT 5PM AND RACING STARTS AT 6PM TILL 10PM OR SO..

IT COSTS ABOUT 20 BUCKS TO RUN ALL YOU WANT
EVEN IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO RACE COME WATCH AND LEARN AND THEN RACE

BATTERY MUST BE TIED DOWN
HELMET MUST BE WORN IF IN THE 13S
PROBABLY HAVE TO BE 18YRS OLD TO DRIVE MAYBE 17 NOT SURE

EVERYONE COME AND HAVE FUN LEGALLY
NSMOSILVIADET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 06:19 PM   #116
whateverjames
Nissanaholic!

http://www.mazdarevitup.com

It's going to be at UMB Bank Pavilion. $39. I've signed up for it and payed the fee. Nothing new to you autocrossers but for people like me, it may be $39 well spent and it may motivate me to do this with my 240

What is it?
GLAD YOU ASKED
Mazda Rev It Up™ is the ideal weekend driving event. Assuming you're the adventurous sort of person who would enjoy a national driving competition for great prizes, professional instruction, and exhilarating fun behind the wheel of the all-new MAZDA6 sports sedan.

SAVE MONEY, GO WILD
Mazda Rev It Up™ is the first of its kind -- the world's biggest, best-run, most affordable and carefully organized performance driving school and national competition. We provide the cars and gear -- you show up and have the time of your life.

Whether you're already the world's best autocross driver or just want to come out and test your skills, try and find an event that's this much fun for even ten times the price of Mazda Rev It Up™. (Not to mention free for non-competitive drivers .)

Or one that lets all paid competitive drivers compete in all-new, 220-horsepower MAZDA6 sports sedans.

Or one that invites all regional winners to a gala national finals in scenic Monterey at legendary Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.

Or one that gives away an all-new MAZDA6 sports sedan to the winner!

oh noes
Old 03-05-2003, 07:26 PM   #117
MazingerS14
Leaky Injector

James, I hope you know, they are all AUTOMATICS!!! That is the only reason I passed on it after finding out about it on solo2.org

I'm still debating whether I want to spend $39 to drive a bloated, understeering, automatic. It might be worth it just for some instruction and to dog out someone else's car. Maybe I can try to take out as many cones as I can on purpose
Old 03-06-2003, 03:56 PM   #118
Nerfdude
BANNED

****, that sounds like fun actually... jacking around in someone else's new car, sweet. the auto thing sucks, but hey, maybe i could win a mazda.... and sell it on site
Old 03-06-2003, 04:56 PM   #119
whateverjames
Nissanaholic!

it'a an auto? boooo. i'm still excited though i'm just going for the autocross experience. if i find it even slightly fun with a FWD automatic car, then the 240sx is going to get some new presents such as new tires and anti sway bars.

oh noes
Old 03-06-2003, 08:40 PM   #120
crioten
"buddy jesus"

crioten is making a name for him/her selfcrioten is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to crioten
ive been seeing a few 240s running around the chesterfield/ellisville/ballwin area, any of those you guys/gals?
I'd rather take the bus with a bus-full of AIDS infected naked rape convicts than drive a VW.
crioten is offline   Reply With Quote