Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA

USA Talk to others in your region.

View Poll Results: Zilvia Meet
Definitely Interested 66 62.86%
Somewhat Interested 22 20.95%
Not Interested 17 16.19%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-15-2003, 12:18 AM   #91
gschroeder78
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
gschroeder78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to gschroeder78
Quote:
Originally posted by James
So the original idea got scrapped, right.
Can't the original posters confirm/deny this?
So as it stands now: Tnord is looking for 15-20 hardcore lightweights to join up in his militia
Good Edit

Tnord: I can give 95% commitment once a definite or mostly definite date is set. Just takes planning to get off of work ortherwise any date will work for me.

Garrett
-Apex-i N1 Dual Exhaust
Westminster, CO
gschroeder78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2003, 08:34 AM   #92
tnord
Nissanaholic!

tnord is an unknown quantity at this point
thank you alex for the support in my request for immediate action. but james is right, it's not going to happen, especially if there isn't "official zilvia backing." whatever . as of right now, you can can plan on me being there at one of those open track days, join me at your discretion.
tnord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 11:21 AM   #93
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to KiDyNomiTe
if nothing major happens this year, then you might as well start with next year, this way we are able to basically go wherever. It would also be advised to go with another car group. One of the main reasons most zilvian's aren't setup is cuz of lack of info (i.e. price, location, date, safety, instructors, etc..)

I say in the next month find a track that is central, I am assuming that the conventions will always be on the coasts, unless you want to just make this the next convention (in which you can talk to the other forums about it).

If you do want to start thinking of next year I think a website would be a good idea with a preregistration list, this way when it comes to sponsoring then the sponsors can see how many people are going to be going.

Plan for a 2004 convention/track weekend type thing:

By end of February: Talk to as many midwest tracks, find out a ball park price for renting for an entire day. (try to get a date and agenda)

By End of March: A good idea would be to offer a discount to those who preregistered before a certain date.

Not to sure what else is needed, but befre the end of the year, start getting people to pay part of the fee, and talk to some people for sponsors.

Agenda could be something like:

Friday: Meet and greet at some banquet hall or something, maybe som speeches or some ****.

Saturday: Track day (road course, drag strip)

Sunday: Dyno day, car show, tuning

But that is just one agenda, that can be figured out later.

I know some of the dates seem early but its better to be early.

P.S. Someone else would have to do most of the setting up, someone who has a little bit of experience

BTW Tnord I would be up to join you on one of thier open days once I get my car, how much does it cost?
Old 01-16-2003, 12:12 AM   #94
tnord
Nissanaholic!

figure $100 +/- $50
Old 01-16-2003, 06:30 AM   #95
negular
Dr. Neg

negular is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to negular Send a message via Yahoo to negular
Quote:
Originally posted by KiDyNomiTe
next year sounds like a better idea for a Zilvia meet
Old 01-16-2003, 07:54 AM   #96
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by tnord
figure $100 +/- $50
Does this price include instructors riding shotty, or some classes?

If it does I would be up for something in June or July.
Old 01-16-2003, 11:44 AM   #97
tnord
Nissanaholic!

it might be included, it might not, i couldn't tell ya.
Old 01-16-2003, 12:39 PM   #98
Bbandit
Post Whore!

Bbandit is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Bbandit Send a message via AIM to Bbandit
next year will be fine for zilvia meet
any year is fine for me as long as i can meet zilvia people

==>>TGL GARAGE<<==.. RIP!
S13 coupe KA-T @ 0.5 Bar = SOLD!
A31 Cefiro + SR = Current
Bbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 07:23 AM   #99
Dinkage
Leaky Injector

Dinkage is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Dinkage
I'm game, esp. since its not in CA.

"There are those who call me...Tim?"
Dinkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 03:05 PM   #100
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

SO....

who wants to help with some planning for next year?

I am not taking this on all by myself, don't have any track expreience, and don't have much of an idea of how to go about it. PM me if you are willing to help, better to start early to get a good date.
Old 02-09-2003, 12:11 PM   #101
ralphyboy
Leaky Injector

ralphyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
I must admit I would like to see it at a track, at least drag racing. As a matter of fact if you could find a nice drag strip with test and tune all day long and an auto-x super close by on the same day or next that would be even better because we would not have to rent out a whole complex and it would not kill us if people did not show up. That could be worked out this year if we wanted to I'm sure.
ralphyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 07:55 PM   #102
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally posted by ralphyboy
I must admit I would like to see it at a track, at least drag racing. As a matter of fact if you could find a nice drag strip with test and tune all day long and an auto-x super close by on the same day or next that would be even better because we would not have to rent out a whole complex and it would not kill us if people did not show up. That could be worked out this year if we wanted to I'm sure.
Actually that would sound like a good cheap alternative.

How much would renting out a drag strip be?

It would be nice to have a day of drag racing and dynos or something, and a day of autocross.

We could prolly work something with the SCCA to just open up a Zilvia date where we could just all autocros and winners get soem special Zilvia net trophy, and can be the first one to be car of the month (if West ever decides on doing that).
Old 02-09-2003, 08:00 PM   #103
96SEChick
Nissanaholic!

96SEChick is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
This sounds like an awesome plan!!
'00 WS6 Trans Am Bright Red 6-speedFOR SALE - only 29k miles, stock, fully loaded, only $23,999 (NADA $26300)

Green Country Motorsports
Northeastern Oklahoma SCCA
96SEChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 11:00 PM   #104
ralphyboy
Leaky Injector

I'm really no good at oganizing things but I have looked up the events at the two drag strips around here and any soloII events in the same area ( St. Louis MO ish ), at Gateway International Raceway ( they have an extreamly nice drag strip ) they have a test and tune on the 6th of June, Fri night thing I think ( I don't know for sure I will call tomorrow and tell you acctual times ) and on the 8th:Sun there is a soloII event the main ampitheater UMB Bank Paviilion. These two locations are not what would consider close together, they are within comfertable driving distace of each other. and we would get all day Sat to just get to know each other and form our little clicks bla-bla. At Mid America Raceway ( not nearly as nice a track kinda has a small hill that you go up then back down but probably will not scrutanize the cars in inspection much more familiar with domestics, I of course cannot guarantee this ) they have a test and tune all day long on June 22nd:Sun and on that same day there is another soloII event at the UMB Bank Pavillion. Again not close but....

http://wcsllc.net/stlsolo/2003Schedule.htm
http://www.gatewayraceway.com/html/weekly_racing.html
http://www.midamericaraceway.com/ go to test and tune.

O-well there is my .02 cents as they say
Old 02-10-2003, 07:32 AM   #105
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

Quote:
I'm really no good at oganizing things but I have looked up the events at the two drag strips around here and any soloII events in the same area ( St. Louis MO ish ), at Gateway International Raceway ( they have an extreamly nice drag strip ) they have a test and tune on the 6th of June, Fri night thing I think ( I don't know for sure I will call tomorrow and tell you acctual times ) and on the 8th:Sun there is a soloII event the main ampitheater UMB Bank Paviilion. These two locations are not what would consider close together, they are within comfertable driving distace of each other. and we would get all day Sat to just get to know each other and form our little clicks bla-bla. At Mid America Raceway ( not nearly as nice a track kinda has a small hill that you go up then back down but probably will not scrutanize the cars in inspection much more familiar with domestics, I of course cannot guarantee this ) they have a test and tune all day long on June 22nd:Sun and on that same day there is another soloII event at the UMB Bank Pavillion. Again not close but....

http://wcsllc.net/stlsolo/2003Schedule.htm
http://www.gatewayraceway.com/html/weekly_racing.html
http://www.midamericaraceway.com/ go to test and tune.

O-well there is my .02 cents as they say
When i get home I will look around to see what other drag strips around the middle of the country have to offer, I think something in June/July would be best (stay away from the convention).

Also how many people show up to the test and tune thing, cuz we don't want to be too overcrowded.

I will e-mail the SCCA and some drag strips and if any of them have some good plans I'll make another thread.
Old 02-10-2003, 07:38 AM   #106
ralphyboy
Leaky Injector

O.K. if you think we could do the above thing on the 6th 7th and 8th of June ( this would give people nearly 2 months until the 240 convention ) I will get all the info to everybody that they would need. I will not have any idea how much racing we will get to do due to the fact that these are open to anyone days at the events above. I will look into times, hotel info, reserving a nearby park for Sat. so we can have a place to hang and BBQ or something, getting T-shirts made up and food Sat's get together. if you would be interested E-Mail me at [email protected] and IF we can get enough definates we can do this. Price would be dependant on Hotel/Motel cost, Park reservation cost and event cost. I would think it would be comparable or less than any other meet like this due to the fact we do not have to rent out any facilities. I will contact anyone interested with prices and options.
Old 02-10-2003, 07:42 AM   #107
ralphyboy
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally posted by KiDyNomiTe
When i get home I will look around to see what other drag strips around the middle of the country have to offer, I think something in June/July would be best (stay away from the convention).

Also how many people show up to the test and tune thing, cuz we don't want to be too overcrowded.

I will e-mail the SCCA and some drag strips and if any of them have some good plans I'll make another thread.
Cool, either way. I was writing at the same time you were so I don't want it to look like I was steppin on any toes
Old 02-10-2003, 05:08 PM   #108
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

I think we could probably pull off something small, nothing liek a convention crowd, but more like 20-40 cars for the midwest area, that way we could get our fair chance at each thing. Saturday would probably be the best thing for people to come to, since it would be like a big BBQ meet and greet and photoshoot type thing.

This would be a very cheap thing, it will just cost whatever the admission to drag race is, and whatever it costs to autocross, and the BBQ meet would just be a pot luck type thing, where a couple people just go out and get some grillables and chips and stuff.

Oh f*ck I just realized something about these dates, 2F2F comes out then, i gotta see it , haha just kidding but I won't be able to make it, I got graduation on Sunday the 8th, so umm unless everyone else wants to work with those dates, then I will look for a different date, but don't let me stop you from having fun.
Old 02-10-2003, 05:49 PM   #109
ralphyboy
Leaky Injector

I know everbody won't be able to make somthing we set up but maybe we can try another date. At Gateway on certain tues nights the have test and tune for street tire cars should be able to get more runs in without the slick guys takeing all the officials time if we want to try a sun-tues thing we would all have plenty of time to get it fixed up with our jobs. We could also try to find a track elseware in the mid west with different dates available. I'm game for any ideas I just would like to get something going if I can help cool. ( For the record 20 cars would be fine by me )
Old 02-10-2003, 06:15 PM   #110
96SEChick
Nissanaholic!

I'll see what Tulsa has to offer as well. We have auto-x and will be split between 2 different locations for the NeOKla SCCA. Both are about 45 minutes from Tulsa. But we also have a decent drag strip that does T-n-T's, I think they're on Fridays. I'll check to see what the schedule looks like and I'll let you guys know. The Texas people would be able to make it too since it's not too far from them. So, we could easily have MO, AR, KS, TX crowd without travelling too terribly far.
'00 WS6 Trans Am Bright Red 6-speedFOR SALE - only 29k miles, stock, fully loaded, only $23,999 (NADA $26300)

Old 02-10-2003, 06:56 PM   #111
tnord
Nissanaholic!

how are you trying to involve the SCCA with this? cause i got news for you, i'm 95% sure that they won't create an event just for you guys.
Old 02-10-2003, 07:14 PM   #112
96SEChick
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally posted by tnord
how are you trying to involve the SCCA with this? cause i got news for you, i'm 95% sure that they won't create an event just for you guys.
I understand that. I know we won't be able to get our own SCCA event, but we could still use that as part of our meet--since there's pretty much no way we can reserve a real track for this year because they're probably all booked up.

Our SCCA in NeOK already has good turnouts & it would be great to have another 20 cars there, especially if all 20 are 240SX's or Nissans. We could just go and do that on the Sunday after our Saturday of getting to know each other after possibly drag-racing on Friday night--if we want to try to make this a 3-day event (Fri, Sat, Sun).

Old 02-12-2003, 02:07 AM   #113
kandyflip445
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
kandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kandyflip445
ooooOOOoo....I'd be up for the OK one assuming I find a damn 240 by then...(this is getting to be a problem for me).
kandyflip445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 05:21 PM   #114
AceInHole
Autox Technician

AceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfection
I'm in for the August big meet (i've skipped into here from the first post)... and hoping my car will be off its monthly by then, or by any time soon with another meet.

Last edited by AceInHole; 02-26-2003 at 05:34 PM..
AceInHole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 05:31 PM   #115
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

Ralphyboy are you still going to be putting this thing together.

If not then I will prolly juss make another thread to first decide on a new location that is central, but stick with your idea to have just like 2/3 day autocross and a little meet weekend thing.
Old 03-05-2003, 02:22 AM   #116
wherezmytofu
BANNED

wherezmytofu is an unknown quantity at this point
IN LIKE FLYNN!
wherezmytofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 09:37 PM   #117
96SEChick
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally posted by wherezmytofu
IN LIKE FLYNN!
Where has my Tofu been? I haven't seen you around much lately! I've missed you!

Old 03-05-2003, 11:53 PM   #118
ralphyboy
Leaky Injector

nobody seemed really interested. I stopped paying attn to this thread, sorry for the time delay. if I can get enough people to make it our worth while to try to do it I can certainly set something up on my end. Check out hotel costs, rent a park for the meet and greet, set up directions for everyone so you don't get lost, ect, ect. again if you e-mail me directly I can know what kind of interest there is for real and then let you decide on what we want to do next. We only have a few months to decide, I would love to. [email protected]
Old 03-05-2003, 11:54 PM   #119
wherezmytofu
BANNED

wherezmytofu is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by 96SEChick
Where has my Tofu been? I haven't seen you around much lately! I've missed you!
working on project *top secret* hopefully done for the upcoming meets
wherezmytofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 08:15 PM   #120
96SEChick
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally posted by wherezmytofu
working on project *top secret* hopefully done for the upcoming meets
You can tell me--I can take a secret! So, when are you going to get another picture of your beautiful lady for your sig?