Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 01-12-2010, 02:12 PM   #391
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dert420sx View Post
it just passed to the next stage! Assembly committee OKs recreational marijuana

we'll see what Friday brings.
they're saying it probably won't be voted on this year... whatever, it's still huge, and the Californian people get to vote on something similar in November.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:28 PM   #392
CNDC
Leaky Injector

CNDC is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy240 View Post
Again this is where we disagree. The main difference is the way and how these products are produced. America has a plethora of tobacco fields and alcohol manufacturing facilities. Who controls the Marijuana? The US clearly would have to devote a huge portion of property to even produce it. And what happens if cigarette companies for example to decide to produce and sell marijuana? People will surely complain when they have to pay whatever price they set for it, why because they can. I mean how do you decide who will actually produce and sell the product? Obviously it will have to monitored for various factors, quality, quantity etc. I am sure brands would have to meet certain criteria. The fact is, it just isn't that simple. On top of those issues the biggest problem is the providing such a large amount of product. Since a lot of other countries rely on the US to purchase a large quantity of illegal drugs it will create a lot of tension between these groups and our country. Maybe you see things differently.

And to be honest it isn't a "simple" business, and there really aren't a whole lot of exploits with alcohol or tobacco for that matter. As to the best of my knowledge the last Alcohol that was illegal was Absinthe and that was legalized in 2007 or 2008 I believe. On top of that instead of dealers selling "harmless marijuana", since it will now be legal, taxed, and monitored, they will probably be forced to sell harder drugs to make their ends meat. Since a lot of them use this as their only form of income, especially in large cities like Los Angeles or New York. All this does in all honesty is perpetuate the problem and make drugs an even larger issue.

Lastly what about all the states that already have smoking bans. Most of which include smoking in bars, restaurants, and work places. Do you really want a bunch of people walking around the streets smoking marijuana? Personally if it does go through the legalization process I would assume it would be considered much like alcohol, where consuming walking around the street is against various city and state ordinances.
im pretty sure malboro already trademarked malboro greens.
CNDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:33 AM   #393
drift_limo
Zilvia Junkie

drift_limo is a well-known jackass
Send a message via AIM to drift_limo
^^^^^
oh they have.
you dont think they are waiting for this to happen?
The money they are goin to make.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:48 PM   #394
dert420sx
Zilvia Junkie

dert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant future
Looks like it's set to be on the ballot this November after 700,000 proponent signatures were turned in.

CBS News: “Pot Measure One Step Closer To California Ballot” | NORML Blog, Marijuana Law Reform

Pot Measure One Step Closer to California Ballot - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Quote:
January 29, 2010 10:27 AM Pot Measure One Step Closer to California Ballot

Posted by Stephanie Condon
(CBS/AP)

An initiative to make marijuana legal, and open to local taxation and regulation, is one step closer to getting on the California ballot this November.

Backers of the initiative on Thursday turned in nearly 700,000 signatures to state officials to place the measure on the state ballot, according to reports -- far more than the 433,971 valid signatures required. California Secretary of State Debra Bowen has until June 24 to certify the initiative, the Sacramento Bee reports.

The measure, if approved by voters, would allow anyone over 21 years old to possess up to an ounce of marijuana or grow plants within a limited space for personal use. It would also allow local jurisdictions to tax and regulate it. Currently, the use of marijuana for medical purposes is legal in California, but the drug is still prohibited under federal laws.

An April Field Poll found that 56 percent of California voters supported legalizing marijuana, and Mark DiCamillo, the poll's director, said the initiative had a 50 percent chance of passing, the Los Angeles Times reports.

He said the state's current fiscal crisis could be a factor. "The voters are going to be looking for any way to minimize the pain with budget cuts," he told the L.A. Times.

Backers of the initiative are running a serious campaign. Richard Lee, owner of Oaksterdam University in Oakland, spent about $1 million to gather signatures for the measure, the San Francisco Chronicle reports, and said proponents plan to raise another $10 million to campaign for its passage. Lee is also using technology from Blue State Digital, the Web firm Barack Obama's presidential campaign used for its online operations, according to the L.A. Times.
Also according to the Norml blog where I found this article, they mentioned that signatures were also collected in South Dakota for their November ballot.
This could be a huge 2nd chance because voters rejected medical marijuana there in 2006.

How can YOU help? VOTE!

here are some links:
California: Voter Registration - Elections & Voter Information - California Secretary of State
National: Rock the Vote: Register to Vote
dert420sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:53 PM   #395
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
H.R. 2306, the Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act

ALERT: Marijuana Legalization Bill in Congress! | StoptheDrugWar.org

so ron paul and barney frank introduced a bill to

Quote:
remove marijuana from the federal Controlled Substances Act and limit the federal government's role in marijuana enforcement to cross-border or interstate smuggling
thoughts? concerns?

this seems incredibly reasonable, but i'm confident it won't become law.

edit: that link is kind of shitty. it's not "in congress".

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h112-2306
Old 06-28-2011, 10:40 PM   #396
Speed Junky
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Speed Junky is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

I say just make it legal and get it over with.
Speed Junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:41 PM   #397
20 til 3
Zilvia Addict

20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Its something that needs to happen, it seems that everyone knows that its not such a bad thing... but people are scared to do anything about it because its still a dumb taboo

but it is building steam and getting some pretty good publicity... and the fact that we are broke as a nation and it would bring 10 billion in revenue, it might not be so far fetched

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twZQxDs3x9c
Old 06-28-2011, 11:23 PM   #398
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Its not gonna go through. Its sad in our society that the young people care more about legalizing weed than actually voting for a new president. The amount of volunteer promoters at my school for the most recent Senate bill that failed was staggering.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:29 PM   #399
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiKid View Post
Its not gonna go through. Its sad in our society that the young people care more about legalizing weed than actually voting for a new president. The amount of volunteer promoters at my school for the most recent Senate bill that failed was staggering.
nobody really gives a shit about voting. i think old people just do it because they like to have an activity planned. it's always been like this.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:52 PM   #400
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I agree.. nobody cares enough to vote but cares enough to bitch about the results of the voting.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:45 AM   #401
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Maybe I'm off, but I don't think citizens really get to vote on this bill.
It's really up to congress to vote, and the prez to refrain from veto'ing the bill.
Most you can do is just bug your senator with an email.
While Congress is still Democrat majority, it's hard to predict where they'll fall in line.

I think it's a good thing, EVEN if it ultimately fails
(I'm ultimately an FOR legalization IF the terms are reasonably practical and stimulate the economy).

It will build up further momentum for what I think is the inevitable.
However, if it passes I don't think it's going to make a difference in states that aren't already lax to mj.
Just b/c the fed authorities don't go after you doesn't mean state/local won't have a problem with it.

Thanks Busted for bringing in an interesting topic.
OT & Loud Noises has been really stale as of late.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:03 AM   #402
SR240DET
Zilvia FREAK!

SR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to SR240DET
I'd rather see my friends who've gone down the Oxycontin route go down the abusing weed route. Anybody who lost someone close to them from prescription drugs should be for this bill.
SR240DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:08 AM   #403
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
Ok, so lets say Its Legal. Now what do you do to all those people you placed in Prison a few years ago? They are probably now worse off then they went in. Does this mean you release them?

I'm against legalizing it. But then again, I spend my money on better things then 'getting high' now days.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:46 AM   #404
HalveBlue
Zilvia FREAK!

HalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond repute
The federal government needs to end the bullshit drug war, and they need to end it NOW!

Close to 30 years after the fact, billions of dollars and thousands of lost lives later, and America is still the number 1 consumer of illegal substances in the world.

All for what? To save people from themselves.

I hope this bill passes, although I know it won't.
HalveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:31 AM   #405
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walperstyle View Post
Ok, so lets say Its Legal. Now what do you do to all those people you placed in Prison a few years ago? They are probably now worse off then they went in. Does this mean you release them?
no, you leave them in prison for a victimless crime.
Quote:
I'm against legalizing it. But then again, I spend my money on better things then 'getting high' now days.
so if it doesn't affect you, it doesn't matter at all. good to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalveBlue View Post
Close to 30 years after the fact, billions of dollars and thousands of lost lives later, and America is still the number 1 consumer of illegal substances in the world.
it's actually been 40 years and about a trillion dollars spent
Old 06-29-2011, 07:33 PM   #406
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Hopefully the day will come when people will finally stop debating marijuana.

All the pro/anti-legalization activists should be ashamed. There are so many other issues of higher worth to be passionate about instead of this childish cause.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:46 PM   #407
DS562
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
DS562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
im all for legallizing. just means less paper work from me when im an officer.
DS562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:39 AM   #408
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post

All the pro/anti-legalization activists should be ashamed. There are so many other issues of higher worth to be passionate about instead of this childish cause.
you know, like which shoes go best with your new jeans and stuff.

people sitting in jail for smoking flowers? that's totally chill in my book.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:19 AM   #409
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Old 07-25-2011, 12:12 PM   #410
ESmorz
Post Whore!

ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
Trees called, they want their front page back.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:02 AM   #411
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESmorz View Post
Trees called, they want their front page back.
i'll let you in on my secret karma ring if you keep your mouth shut.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:49 AM   #412
ESmorz
Post Whore!

ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
i'll let you in on my secret karma ring if you keep your mouth shut.
My lips are sealed tiger.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:14 PM   #413
ViciousCesar!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
ViciousCesar! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post

Yeah, because criminalizing consumption of a plant with no long term side effects (and some scientifically proven benefits), while as a society we promote/accept alcohol abuse (and it's destructive by-products) is obviously the 'mature' thing to do.
ViciousCesar! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:16 PM   #414
upsdude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
upsdude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
it will never make sense to me how it's ok to have alcohol available for sale but not marijuana. both alter mood, perception, etc. seems like its stigma from back in the day as some evil substance will just never die :P
upsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:07 PM   #415
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Proposals Seek to Legalize Marijuana in Missouri - St. Louis News - Daily RFT

i will be volunteering to gather signatures. legalization will be on the 2012 ballot in my state.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:07 AM   #416
badbob2121
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
badbob2121 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Proposals Seek to Legalize Marijuana in Missouri - St. Louis News - Daily RFT

i will be volunteering to gather signatures. legalization will be on the 2012 ballot in my state.

Good news, thanks for sharing that link.

if you find out anymore information regarding collecting signatures or any other ways to participate, send them to me if you dont mind

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM = BOBBY_LS13
badbob2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:56 AM   #417
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbob2121 View Post
Good news, thanks for sharing that link.

if you find out anymore information regarding collecting signatures or any other ways to participate, send them to me if you dont mind
you can sign up to volunteer/read more here: Show-Me Cannabis - Missourians for Cannabis Policy Reform
Old 11-10-2011, 12:31 AM   #418
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
Quote:
no, you leave them in prison for a victimless crime.
I'll make sure to let them know you said that. What's your address?
Old 11-10-2011, 12:37 AM   #419
godrifttoday
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (82)
godrifttoday is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 82 reviews
i vote for legalizing it, tax the shit out of it, make more money, then politicians and special interest groups would be ballin! then we would over spend all that money, then we would file for bankrupt, and then the next debate would be to legalize cocaine or not
Old 11-10-2011, 01:43 AM   #420
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walperstyle View Post
I'll make sure to let them know you said that. What's your address?
that's sarcasm. you were the one seeming to suggest releasing them would be bad.