Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA

USA Talk to others in your region.

Old 07-14-2003, 12:27 AM   #61
SiNFuL
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
SiNFuL is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SiNFuL Send a message via Yahoo to SiNFuL
Man I missed the cruise. About 6 of us guys were waiting at the parking lot. We saw a whole group leave and we asked some peeps where they were going and they said home. Then we find out that the "leader" of our SC cruise had a wiring problem(s13chica...cough). Oh well glad that it was just a ground thing. Hey so what's the deal on the white car in the tow truck? did you get your car taken for speeding?????? It was awesome meeting you guys. I have like 30 pics but no where to upload em too. Thanks to one of the guys(I suck w/ names) who had his brother there. Drove back to their house and gave me a replacement front signal for $1!!! What love. hehe. Fun times guys.
-Galen
SiNFuL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2003, 12:37 AM   #62
NZO
Zilvia FREAK!

NZO is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to NZO
Yar, good meet even though I got lost and went to SanJo and got there an hour late. Good to see everyone and their cars again. gotrice240sx good to see your cars out of the shop, looks great, hopefully youll get it all fixed up soon.

Ive never been on that hwy 9 drive before but that was awesome, lots of fun. Whoever was in the green s14 with the kouki front end behind me on the 2nd leg of the drive almost ate **** when we were going around a tight right hand turn and I gotta give you props for staying alive. Looked pretty crazy from where I was sitting

"Whens the next meet?" Haha, later.
NZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 12:38 AM   #63
gotrice240sx
Zilvia Member

gotrice240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
i was just messing around my fuel pump cut out on me in the hills
Old 07-14-2003, 12:54 AM   #64
ootranceformeroo
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
ootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ootranceformeroo
Haha daym...I forgot...2 more showed up when we were about to go cruise so that makes it 25 cars total!

Galen which one were you? Were you the green fastback with hawaiian seats? I forgot you were even going. Sorry.

Me= black 96 with black and polished lip rims.
ootranceformeroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 01:09 AM   #65
SiNFuL
Zilvia Junkie

*shhh shhh*...lets try and keep those seat covers on the d/l. =) Yea thats me. That reminds me though, anyone has any stock bucket seats they are willing to sell, I'm ready to buy. preferably beige.
-Galen
Old 07-14-2003, 01:11 AM   #66
S14TiNMAN
Zilvia Member

S14TiNMAN is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to S14TiNMAN
that was me in the green 95 kouki. i had it under control dog! dont trip! right on tho man. that was a dope meet. we should do it more often, was the first successful 240 meet ive been to. i have pics of the cruise and some at the meet(got there late, couldnt get that many shots). i got 56k so i gotta go to my homeboys house to load em up. probably tomorrow afternoon. GOOD **** YALL. burn it.
95'SE
91' BASE--->**NEW PROJECT**
S14TiNMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 01:11 AM   #67
ootranceformeroo
Nissanaholic!

ootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to behold
I would sell you my drivers s14 bucket seat if you can find me a bride/recaro racing seat for a good price? Or ask gotrice240sx. he has racing seats and might stil have his stock ones. Not sure though.
Old 07-14-2003, 01:14 AM   #68
kazuo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
kazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
*shakes head*

thx247: haha, you actually posted that pic of the harness. LMAO! thats kinda wrong dude.

but it should serve as an example what not to do to your harness.

and for the record: she didnt do that, somebody else messed it up.

s13chica: heh, thats pretty funny that it was just the fuel though. We should have figured that one out with the quickness... but like I was telling someone else earlier, you never notice the obvious things...

but ya, I hope that you dont have any more probs so you can hit DD7. get some video so I can see

gotrice: dude that sucks about your car. but **** happens, you werent the only one that had trouble today! you are not alone mang

all in all a cool meet. the pics kick ***. We need more! I saw like 5 or more cameras taking pics... post 'em up!

cheers
kazuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 01:39 AM   #69
s13chica
Zilvia Junkie

s13chica is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to s13chica
Hey chris...
I guess we were looking in the wrong place. When I got the car back home the fuel pump ground line was one of the last things we looked at. I do still plan on getting a new harness since the one I have is so sad i want to cry.

I wish I could have gone on the drive too...I was really looking forward to that. Glad to hear your radiator flush cured the overheating problem. YAY!

gotrice240-I was really nervous when the guy was putting my car on the flat bed, I thought my exhaust was going to die...I can't even imagine what you must have been feeling having your car towed home.
Old 07-14-2003, 01:42 AM   #70
ootranceformeroo
Nissanaholic!

His car was like 1-1.5 inches from the ground even when being towed. Lukily the tow truck driver was good and was a nice dude.
Old 07-14-2003, 01:47 AM   #71
s13chica
Zilvia Junkie

s13chica is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to s13chica
That's cool. The guy who put my car on the flatbed knew what he was doing as well. He brought out wood planks so that the car could get on the truck without scraping the exhaust.
Old 07-14-2003, 01:54 AM   #72
SiNFuL
Zilvia Junkie

what do s14 buckets look like?(uh oh...gonna get flamed for this...)
-Galen

...also pics are on the way!
Old 07-14-2003, 01:56 AM   #73
ootranceformeroo
Nissanaholic!

My s14 seats....I dont know how to define them but Ill try and post pics tomarrow.

If i end up getting another seat Ill sell it to you.
Old 07-14-2003, 02:31 AM   #74
thx247
Zilvia FREAK!

thx247 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sin I sold you the light. I have 2 brown s13 seats if you want to buy them. I don't think we will be using them.
thx247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 02:41 AM   #75
DRFT
Post Whore!

DRFT is making a name for him/her selfDRFT is making a name for him/her selfDRFT is making a name for him/her self
Dam the cruise was really fun. MY auto KA could barely keep up but hopefully i will have my 5spd swap soon! and for the dude w/the White silvia s14 sorry for my bad driving!i prob got in your way a few times while on the highway and on the passes.
DRFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 02:43 AM   #76
ootranceformeroo
Nissanaholic!

which car did you have drft?
Old 07-14-2003, 03:01 AM   #77
DRFT
Post Whore!

DRFT is making a name for him/her selfDRFT is making a name for him/her selfDRFT is making a name for him/her self
I was one of the three blue fastbacks there. But mine was lowered in the front, front lip, gunmetal stock rims, and fadin paint. Well...alot of 240's are in my condition as in paint but my car also had lazy eyes on too.
Old 07-14-2003, 03:03 AM   #78
ootranceformeroo
Nissanaholic!

I think you were behind me a few times on the freeway. I had the black s14 with gunmetal rims and polished lip. Stock exhaust and you could see where the 240sx emblem was on the back of my car.
Old 07-14-2003, 03:14 AM   #79
DRFT
Post Whore!

Haha yea that was me! The way i remember it was..I noticed a black s14 in front of me w/a stock exhaust hella shaking yours was the black s14 w/the ol skool RH R1 i tihnk?
Old 07-14-2003, 03:19 AM   #80
SiNFuL
Zilvia Junkie

thanks again thx247. Pics of S14 seats would be tight. The thing is about those brown ones; is that they probably look like my seats, but way cleaner and nicer. I want something to hold me in while i'm drifting. I have harnesses, but I dunno if they'll work good enough. One of my supra friends said he hates buckets though...any comments on that?
-Galen

Last edited by SiNFuL; 07-14-2003 at 03:23 AM..
Old 07-14-2003, 04:08 AM   #81
ootranceformeroo
Nissanaholic!

Yeah that was me. I have some oldschool RH's. Didnt know they were R1 style though. Haha. I got them used. I didnt know my exhaust shakes hella either. ahah. Hmm...gotta fix that somehow. Oh well im getting my catback soon anyways hopefully.
Old 07-14-2003, 09:23 AM   #82
gotrice240sx
Zilvia Member

gotrice240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
i told u last time it was shaking every where, last time we went crusing lol

for the bucket seats they hold u in but some times on a long a$$ drive u might hate it
Old 07-14-2003, 10:04 AM   #83
DrifterSilvia

DrifterSilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to DrifterSilvia
Sorry that i didnt come on time..coz i have t work > <....

anyhow ...can we met up one day in TOP COFFee ?? LIKE 10 OR 11 ....

i think we can go hy9 afterword ..... i miss hy9 !!
Old 07-14-2003, 10:29 AM   #84
NZO
Zilvia FREAK!

NZO is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to NZO
S14TiNMAN: Nice work, yea I only saw what was happening at the last second so I couldnt really tell what was going on.

Hah DRFT dont worry about it man, I was trying to stay in back on the highway in case there were any stragglers. Sorry to hear your car overheated, I was wondering what happened when you pulled over there.
NZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 02:40 PM   #85
nokeone
on strike three.

nokeone is making a name for him/her selfnokeone is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to nokeone Send a message via MSN to nokeone Send a message via Yahoo to nokeone
Quote:
Originally posted by DrifterSilvia
Sorry that i didnt come on time..coz i have t work > <....

anyhow ...can we met up one day in TOP COFFee ?? LIKE 10 OR 11 ....

i think we can go hy9 afterword ..... i miss hy9 !!
a HWY 9 run would be great...i'd be down any night..
Old 07-14-2003, 02:42 PM   #86
SiNFuL
Zilvia Junkie

I 2nd that.
-Galen
Old 07-14-2003, 02:44 PM   #87
nokeone
on strike three.

nokeone is making a name for him/her selfnokeone is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to nokeone Send a message via MSN to nokeone Send a message via Yahoo to nokeone
another couple of roads which i bet you would all LOVE are Empire Grade to Bonny Doon Road which takes you down to HWY 1 on the coast..

and there is also an option to take Empire Grade to Ice Cream Grade which then leads down to HWY 9 or HWY 17 depending on which route you take..

they are both great mountain roads..and ZERO cops..unlike the camero patrol on HWY 9..

Old 07-14-2003, 04:04 PM   #88
thx247
Zilvia FREAK!

thx247 is an unknown quantity at this point
sinful: The harness will work fine for holding you in the seat when drifting. I don't think its a good idea to wear a harness while driving on the street however.

EMT's are not expecting a harness, chances are most people don't know how to install a harness properly. Its not as simple as just bolting it in.

For track events and auto x i think a harness is fine, at the track the tech should catch a poorly installed harness if you have one.
thx247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 04:31 PM   #89
DrifterSilvia

DrifterSilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to DrifterSilvia
Guys:

I been t hy9 hella time..
just dont go on the weekend and the morning ...
coz hella cops around there...
if u guys wanna go just go on weekday night around after 10 or 11 ...coz if u go there early will be hella cars up and down.....
oh yea...theres some WRX too !! if u see the yellow WRX be careful coz hes hella fast..hehe ^^... so anyone wanna met on tuesday nite ??
Old 07-14-2003, 04:55 PM   #90
SiNFuL
Zilvia Junkie

Well i've heard the best way to do the harness is use the seat belt bolts for the bottom connectors. then for the rear is to connect it to the rollcage bar. However, if you dont have a rollcage bar you can buy a guide bar(which doesnt look very safe to me). And the last way, which i was thinking of; is to use the rear seat belt bolts for the backs of the harnesses. Now if i get into a crash w/ a harness i will be stuck, so if i flip, i'm screwed. And if i hit head-on i guess the way the harness is hooked up could give me paralysis. But I dont see how my stock seat belts are much safer. in an accident it will probably have like 2" more slack than the harness(not enough to dodge a roof collapsing. And people get back injuries all the time. Basically, i'll probably get a rollcage like the one s13chica has. But for now i'm gonna hook it up to the stock seat belt points(the best way to do it; because those spots are at least reinforced). If you have any "God damnn you moron" comments feel free to post em as long as you back em up w/ something that might scare me out of doing it. hehe. So do you have pics of those brown seats? i didnt look very close when i got the signal.
-Galen