Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA

USA Talk to others in your region.

Old 10-16-2003, 11:50 AM   #1
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Nissan Owner's Festival 11/29 Cali Speedway!

http://www.socal240sx.org

Saturday, November 29, 2003
California Speedway - Fontana, California

Thanks to the generous support of Drift Association LLC, we are proud to present to you The 2003 Nissan Owners Festival. This first-of-its-kind festival will take place at California Speedway located in sunny Fontana, California on Saturday, November 29th 2003. California Speedway is a premier multi-purpose racetrack, where some of America's greatest racing series are hosted. Located 40 miles east of Los Angeles, it is central to many of Southern California's finest points of interest, dining, entertainment and shopping.

Our event's focus is to bring Nissan owners together and stimulate involvement in sanctioned track events. At this festival, we offer you the opportunity to participate in either a Drifting School (staffed by highly-experienced drifting instructors) or an all-Nissan meet. In addition, we will have parts giveaways, food and drinks, and special Nissan car displays. Many vendors, who cater to Nissans, like KAAZ USA, Superior Nissan, and 5Zigen USA will be out there to show you their latest in Nissan-specific applications. Bring your friends and family, you all are welcome, because after all…we all love our Nissans!

I will post more registration and driving information once they are available, as well as more information regarding vendors.

For more information visit http://www.socal240sx.org or email [email protected]

BTW this event is open to all Nissan cars!!!!!!!!!

-alex

Last edited by mav1178; 10-16-2003 at 12:12 PM..
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2003, 12:55 PM   #2
nokeone
on strike three.

Trader Rating: (0)
nokeone is making a name for him/her selfnokeone is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to nokeone Send a message via MSN to nokeone Send a message via Yahoo to nokeone
more info on the "Drifting School" please....for experienced drivers will it just be a track day?...or is this going to cater to people somewhat newer to the drifting scene and might be a bit slow and redundant for more experienced drivers?

basically is it ala a Drift Day? or an Open Track Day?..

thanks

Old 10-16-2003, 11:48 PM   #3
holisticbeatz
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
holisticbeatz is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I drive a Nissan.. woo hoo! I'm so there.
Old 10-20-2003, 03:51 PM   #4
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally posted by nokeone
more info on the "Drifting School" please....for experienced drivers will it just be a track day?...or is this going to cater to people somewhat newer to the drifting scene and might be a bit slow and redundant for more experienced drivers?
It will be a standard Drift Association Drift Day event (officially called Drift Day 10 on their side)... except it will be similar to Drift Day 8 where there will be more beginners than advanced drivers. Most instruction will be done on smaller skidpad courses so the flow of the driving for the day will be pretty smooth.

-alex
Old 10-20-2003, 04:43 PM   #5
nokeone
on strike three.

nokeone is making a name for him/her selfnokeone is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to nokeone Send a message via MSN to nokeone Send a message via Yahoo to nokeone
Quote:
Originally posted by mav1178
It will be a standard Drift Association Drift Day event (officially called Drift Day 10 on their side)... except it will be similar to Drift Day 8 where there will be more beginners than advanced drivers. Most instruction will be done on smaller skidpad courses so the flow of the driving for the day will be pretty smooth.

-alex
thanks Alex.....i think i'll stick to open track days and competitions though..DD's are a great way to learn and get the basics...but after that they seem kinda slow and repetitive...

keep doing a great job though and i would SO encourage anyone looking to get into drifting to attend these events...so much to be learned from some very skilled instructors..

Old 10-21-2003, 10:43 PM   #6
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I dont have my 5-speed swap yet, so do you guys think its worth it to register for this event with an automatic?
Instagram: @rjsladerade
revat619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 11:30 PM   #7
DRFT
Post Whore!

DRFT is making a name for him/her selfDRFT is making a name for him/her selfDRFT is making a name for him/her self
Yes because i have a auto too well maybe its not a good thing but the more 240's the better.
Old 10-22-2003, 07:49 AM   #8
pruto
Zilvia Addict

pruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to all
looooong time no post...

anyway, hey alex, i have a question, is this the same event as drift day 10? on the drift association website it lists november 29th as the day for DD10, at cali-speedway... it actually lists the same lot # you guys are using, lot 11. I just wanted to know whats up.

anyway, this is my one chance this semester to drift, so i'm soooo up for it

anywayz, hwk time.
Old 10-22-2003, 12:04 PM   #9
Grant
Premium Member

Grant has a spectacular aura aboutGrant has a spectacular aura aboutGrant has a spectacular aura aboutGrant has a spectacular aura aboutGrant has a spectacular aura aboutGrant has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Grant Send a message via MSN to Grant
Quote:
Originally posted by revat619
I dont have my 5-speed swap yet, so do you guys think its worth it to register for this event with an automatic?
LOOK WHAT IT SAYS ON THE WEBSITE

"Every journey begins with one step. Koguchi, Ueo, Kumakubo- every single one of them was a beginner at one time. Now is your chance to step up and experience the rush of learning how to slide your car. No more excuses. Be it stock, modified, open-diff, even automatic, it's time to get your car out there and have fun! Not only is this event targeted for beginners, Nissan owners get first crack at registering!"

stop making excuses
Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 12:05 PM   #10
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
ill be there
trying to get car painted by then but it is hard to say. depends on everythign. maybe i cna get it painted thursday and drive sunday haha
who knows

anyways ill be there it seems either way. driving mistmatch or one color..who knows!
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 12:37 PM   #11
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally posted by pruto
looooong time no post...

anyway, hey alex, i have a question, is this the same event as drift day 10?
Quote:
Originally posted by mav1178
It will be a standard Drift Association Drift Day event (officially called Drift Day 10 on their side)...
-alex

Read before you post, grasshopper!
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 03:05 PM   #12
pruto
Zilvia Addict

pruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to all
hmm, i missed that, sorrrry

but the DD10 info on the driftday website and the info on the socal240sx website doesn't match exactly and it is a bit confusing. neither one say anything about association with the other except for the bit about drift assoc. instructors.

oh well, whatevers, doesn't matter.

back to lurking... 'til next year boys =)
Old 10-22-2003, 11:40 PM   #13
revat619
Retired General

revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally posted by Grant
LOOK WHAT IT SAYS ON THE WEBSITE

"Every journey begins with one step. Koguchi, Ueo, Kumakubo- every single one of them was a beginner at one time. Now is your chance to step up and experience the rush of learning how to slide your car. No more excuses. Be it stock, modified, open-diff, even automatic, it's time to get your car out there and have fun! Not only is this event targeted for beginners, Nissan owners get first crack at registering!"

stop making excuses
hehe, i just got

Yes sir! hahaha!

I'll be understeering ALL day, but i'll give it a shot.
Old 10-24-2003, 03:18 AM   #14
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Registration for the car meet is now open! Check www.socal240sx.org for more info.

-alex
Old 10-26-2003, 11:36 PM   #15
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Registration for the drifting school/event is now open!

http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/...81593451752561

-alex
Old 10-27-2003, 12:53 AM   #16
revat619
Retired General

For those of us who register for the drift school, is there a way for us to get a t-shirt and a sticker? Thanks.
Old 10-27-2003, 11:29 AM   #17
s15dude
Zilvia Junkie

s15dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to s15dude
I'm registered
Old 10-27-2003, 12:10 PM   #18
nokeone
on strike three.

Quote:
For those of us who register for the drift school, is there a way for us to get a t-shirt and a sticker? Thanks.
if it is the same as all other Drift Days then a T-Shirt and DD10 sticker should be included in your registration..
Old 10-27-2003, 01:57 PM   #19
revat619
Retired General

Quote:
Originally posted by nokeone
if it is the same as all other Drift Days then a T-Shirt and DD10 sticker should be included in your registration..
O ok cool. This is going to be my first track event, so i dont really know how that stuff works. Thanks for the letting me know.
Old 10-28-2003, 12:27 AM   #20
ootranceformeroo
Nissanaholic!

ootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to ootranceformeroo
Anyone from the bay going? Maybe we can caravan down there..but Im still undecided whether I should go or not. I know it will be fun...
Drift Unit
ootranceformeroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 12:54 AM   #21
nokeone
on strike three.

Quote:
O ok cool. This is going to be my first track event, so i dont really know how that stuff works. Thanks for the letting me know.
wonderful first event to be a part of...don't be affraid to grab ANY of the instructors and ask for pointers at any time in the day..it's what you paid for!..

have fun!!
Old 10-28-2003, 01:45 AM   #22
DRFT
Post Whore!

DRFT is making a name for him/her selfDRFT is making a name for him/her selfDRFT is making a name for him/her self
Me and my friend w/a maxima will prob head down to the festival. maybe the norcal folks can meet up cause most likely you bay area peeps have to take I-5 south right? and i live right next to the highway, well not right next, (i aint no bum either)but i live close to there and theres a bunch of nice spots where we can have a premeet before the festivities begin!
Old 10-28-2003, 02:22 AM   #23
s13chica
Zilvia Junkie

s13chica is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to s13chica
I'll be there...
Old 10-28-2003, 11:33 AM   #24
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Im goin fo sure jes need to get registered. Only thing is that Imma be out in socaLi by Wed for thankgiving. Im down to caravan back up north with the norcaLi peeps after tho.
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 05:32 PM   #25
holisticbeatz
Zilvia Addict

holisticbeatz is a well-known jackass
10.28.03 as of 4:27 pm there are 21 people already registered for this event. Moreover, two of the 21 aren't Nissans either. I was under the impression that this event was going to be an exclusively Nissan-only. Perhaps I am mistaken.
Old 10-28-2003, 05:41 PM   #26
nokeone
on strike three.

Quote:
Originally posted by holisticbeatz
10.28.03 as of 4:27 pm there are 21 people already registered for this event. Moreover, two of the 21 aren't Nissans either. I was under the impression that this event was going to be an exclusively Nissan-only. Perhaps I am mistaken.
for the meet?..which it would make sense to be only nissan..lol..since it is a Nissan Owners Festival..lol..

or for DD10?..

cause Drift Days are open to ALL car makes and models..even Front Wheel Drive..there is, or should be, no prejudice in the Drift World....especially considering that these are Car Control Clinics...not Nissan 'ONLY RWD' If-You-Drive-Anything-Else-You-Are-A-Retarded-Ricer Event..

Old 10-28-2003, 07:06 PM   #27
DRFT
Post Whore!

Well this is a all nissan event, not all nissans are rwd( ie:sentra,maxima, altima)
Old 10-28-2003, 10:31 PM   #28
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Please note that although Nissans are given priority, the drifting portion of the event is open to non-Nissan cars as we are in a collaborative effort with Drift Association.

So my point is: SIGN UP NOW OR ELSE YOU WILL SEE MORE NON-NISSAN DRIFT CARS OUT THERE.

-alex
Old 10-28-2003, 10:45 PM   #29
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Slight change to Nissan Owner's Festival event (please read)

In light of the recent fires that have consumed so much of Southern California, we have decided to change the November 29th Nissan Owner's Festival slightly.

All proceeds from this event will go towards relief efforts for the fires. Right now I am looking to have donations given to the Southern California chapter of the American Red Cross (thru KFWB 980AM). I will also set up donation boxes at the event so that people can do donations on-site.

I would only like to ask you fellow Nissan owners for a favor: Please, if you have not done so already, register for the event (either for the meet or for the drifting portion of the event) so I can figure out rough attendance levels and can calculate the amount of money we can raise for this good cause.

If any of you wish to help or want to know more information please email [email protected] for more information. Please note that due to SEMA Show we will not be able to answer the emails in a timely manner between Nov. 1st thru 10th.

Even if you do not register for this event, please try to show up and give support to the sponsors and attendees at the event. Not only are we celebrating owning a Nissan/being a Nissan enthusiast, now we also band together in this time of need to show that car enthusiasts CARE for those that are less fortunate. The least we can do is give our support to those that have lost their entire lives in the fires.

Lastly, please check the various news sources for updates on the fires, and keep those that have been displaced in your thoughts and prayers.

Thank you very much.

-alex
www.socal240sx.org
Old 10-29-2003, 12:00 PM   #30
vodka
Leaky Injector

vodka is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to vodka
Now its an amiable cause to boot. Makes me feel so much better for signing up (not that I felt bad or anything)

vodka is offline   Reply With Quote