Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA

USA Talk to others in your region.

Old 11-25-2003, 09:22 AM   #91
wylin
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
wylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
question for alex chang, regarding the meets starting time:Alex what is the window for a meet registrant on saterday to bring their car and perform parking and administrative duties? Basically is there a limited time that registered cars can arrive and be parked.

The overboost ticket says registration begins at 8:00AM. My questions is 8am till when?

Last edited by wylin; 11-25-2003 at 09:30 AM..
wylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2003, 12:37 AM   #92
holisticbeatz
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
holisticbeatz is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally posted by mav1178
Drive safe at touge? HAHAHAHAHHAHA.

Sorry but if you need touge to learn or improve your skills you are looking in the wrong areas to learn how to drive. Not to mention you put yourself at risk and others at risk.

-alex

Yes, drive safe on touge. What's so funny?

I enjoy driving on canyon roads, it's a lot of fun. The more I drive, the more I improve. I don't think it's cool that you reply to my post acting all holy and shiEt telling me that I put myself and others at risk. Unless you're going to go over risk assessments and statistics on the dangers of driving; a person puts themselves and others at risk everytime they put a car in drive.

Get off my ass.. I'm not here to start a debate about touge with you.

-kenny
Old 11-26-2003, 01:00 AM   #93
nokeone
on strike three.

nokeone is making a name for him/her selfnokeone is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to nokeone Send a message via MSN to nokeone Send a message via Yahoo to nokeone
Quote:
Originally posted by holisticbeatz

I enjoy driving on canyon roads, it's a lot of fun. The more I drive, the more I improve. I don't think it's cool that you reply to my post acting all holy and shiEt telling me that I put myself and others at risk. Unless you're going to go over risk assessments and statistics on the dangers of driving; a person puts themselves and others at risk everytime they put a car in drive.

-kenny

you missed his point completely...oh well..ur loss..
Old 11-26-2003, 01:11 AM   #94
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally posted by holisticbeatz

-kenny
This will be my last post on this subject...

My point was that you said "drive safe" at touge, yet the ONLY REASON why people go up to the mountains is to drive to the limits. How can you learn anything if you drive safe? HOW?

Sorry, but my point was towards MINIMIZING risk. I pay money to go to the track so that risk is minimized, so I can run and not worry about oncoming traffic or fallen rocks or deer or other things that get in the way of my driving.

I drive on the track because I can get instruction such as this when I go to Laguna Seca on Jan 3rd 2004:
http://www.pca-ggr.org/pdf/Tracks_LS.pdf

Driving is dangerous, but at least when I go on a track many unknown variables are factored out and if I do end up screwing up I know that it is me, as a driver, that screws up. And I learn from my mistakes, not from the mistakes of others.

Yeah perhaps I was holy and shiet, but hey, someone's got to lay out the verbal punishment before it becomes physical punishment. Let's not forget the guy who died a few months ago at GMR and also the guy who died after the M3 meet in Newport Beach... both took unnecessary risks that every driver faces on a public road.

No amount of "it was safe and there were NO CARS" can justify aggressive driving on a public, OPEN road as "safe". NOTHING. Even if there were no cars, what's to say there are no animals? No patches of oil? No patches of dirt? If you can control your car like Ueo then perhaps I can give you the benefit of the doubt, but since you are using it to LEARN I strongly suggest trying other venues to learn before you destroy your car.

I speak from experience: the first (and only) time I got into an accident that I caused, I was showboating to a friend on a deserted road 7 years ago about how cool RWD was. I hit a patch of oil that seemed dry on the road, and ended up with a $1400 suspension bill.

-alex

P.S. I wrote what I wrote for a point... and like someone else said if you miss my point it's your loss.

Last edited by mav1178; 11-26-2003 at 01:21 AM..
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 06:26 PM   #95
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
We currently have over 180 people confirmed as registered for this event, along with an expected 200-300 spectators... guaranteed to be a big event!

Nissan Owners Festival 11/29/03 10AM-4PM for spectators
California Speedway in Fontana, 40 mi. east of L.A.

California Speedway
9300 Cherry Avenue
Fontana, CA 92335

Lot 11&12 is the location where this is happening!

All Nissan owners are invited! Please visit the SoCal 240SX Club's site
for registration info. www.socal240sx.org/

All proceeds will go toward the recent SoCal fires' Red Cross relief
fund, and we will also be collecting food for the L.A. Foodbank**
www.lafoodbank.org/ (Foodbank needlist is at the bottom of this post)

Thanks you for your support & helping make a difference for those in
need during the holidays!

SoCal 240SX Club & ALL NISSAN OWNERS!

** Here's the FOOD WISH LIST from LA FOODBANK:

CANS:
beef Stew
ravioli
cannelloni
tuna
soups
yams
chicken or Beef
fruits
veggies

*also peanut butter in plastic jars

PACKG'D ITEMS:
hot cereals
mashed potatoes
stuffing mix
powdered eggs

DRINKS:
coffee (any type of container)
juices (plastic bottles only)
daily supplements (Ensure, Ovaltine, etc)
baby formula (powder or canned)

PERSONAL NEEDS:
bar & liquid soap
toothbrushes & paste
laundry detergent
shaving supplies
feminine hygiene products
deodorant & perfume/cologne
tissue (toilet/facial)
assorted cosmetics

Thank you for your support!!

www.socal240sx.org
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 01:03 PM   #96
curbhuggerrps13
Zilvia Addict

curbhuggerrps13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to curbhuggerrps13
hmmm i tried to register but u need a credit card...n e way they take cash?>
curbhuggerrps13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 08:30 PM   #97
Fibercus
BANNED

Fibercus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Fibercus
Will there be window registration available at all for those not registered?

Or will other 240 people be excluded for not registering thru the site. (Event ticket for shirt / rafle)
Fibercus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 04:38 AM   #98
holisticbeatz
Zilvia Addict

holisticbeatz is a well-known jackass
It's on! It's on! Just woke up and it's 3:30 am. Just double checking the directions to California Speedway and making sure I packed all my gear. Today should prove to be a fun day! How exciting, first time drifting on a track event.
Old 11-29-2003, 10:54 PM   #99
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

Trader Rating: (4)
S13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
YAY!!!! Today was a huge sucsess! Thanks Alex! It was a blast...even being your slave labor for the day! Ohhh and BTW Happy Birthday! Buahahha...

My Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTCSuperstar
I surf Zilvia naked in my home...
S13SilviaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 12:44 AM   #100
curbhuggerrps13
Zilvia Addict

curbhuggerrps13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to curbhuggerrps13
hey hats off to u! hehe thanks for havin a such a wonderful idea of bringin nissan owners together...hehe actually im happy cuz i got a tshirt and lunch...n e ways thanks to u guys for have this show off my gf is like in love wiht the s14 now!!! and she doesnt want no dumb honda civic with euros n e more..instead she wants a sr20det powered s14 like the blue falken one and me to get the strawberry face..=( too bad im poor and cant afford it...n e one see me there...wearin a black afi shirt and with my gf? n e ways it was cool gettin to know those peeps and my gf enjoyed it to...once again thanks and i hope u guys suceeded in what u wanted it to be
curbhuggerrps13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 12:25 PM   #101
kat240

kat240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to kat240
hey lisa, i saw your car there, but i don't know what you look like, but yeah it was really fun ! i learned a lot of things even though i drifted my automatic
Old 11-30-2003, 01:13 PM   #102
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
The event was dope! Track events are awesome!!! This was my first one, now i'm hooked!!!

Oh yeah, hey kat240, i was drifting my automagic too! and i have an open diff! I was in the black s14 kouki with mesh wheels in the front and s13 tear drop alloys in the rear. My drifting skills are total weak sauce, but it was fun just being out there! I'm looking foward to more track events and just getting better at my driving skills.

P.S. Hey you're in San Diego too? Cool! Have you been to any of the SD meets or anything?
Instagram: @rjsladerade
revat619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 02:59 PM   #103
kat240

hey revat, it's cool i wasn't the only one w/ the auto ! what did you think of it ? was it easy ?? and i've been to a few meets, like the mossy meet up in oceanside, and some mini-meets from nissan forums, hehe
Old 11-30-2003, 04:30 PM   #104
fakts13
Zilvia Member

fakts13 is just really nicefakts13 is just really nicefakts13 is just really nicefakts13 is just really nicefakts13 is just really nicefakts13 is just really nicefakts13 is just really nicefakts13 is just really nicefakts13 is just really nicefakts13 is just really nice
props for the auto-drifters! i think i'd have a hard time drifting an auto. as long as you're having fun, that's what's important.. kat240, i saw you down at the skidpad i think a couple times. you were looking pretty good out there btw, anybody have photos and plan on posting?

Last edited by fakts13; 11-30-2003 at 04:38 PM..
fakts13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 05:07 PM   #105
s13chica
Zilvia Junkie

s13chica is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to s13chica
The meet was super fun...thanks for putting it on socal240sx! It was really nice to finally be able to put a few new faces to names, and to see many of my socal friends. Congrats to Glen for winning the award for best engine bay! Also congrats to Danny for winning best of show with his datsun 510 with sr!

It was well worth the drive!
Old 11-30-2003, 06:24 PM   #106
revat619
Retired General

revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
kat240:

Drifting an automagic wasnt too bad. What IS hard is the open diff thing. Breaking lose was the easy part, bringing it back and maintaining long drifts and linking turns was tricky. It wasnt very smooth. Other than it was fine. However, I'm still gonna swap in the 5-speed at the end of the year though.

By the way, what model 240 did you drive?

s13chica:

Was your car the hot pink one with the s13 silvia front end? That car was badass! One of my favorites of the show actually! Nice Job!!!
Old 11-30-2003, 07:03 PM   #107
kat240

yeah, but i had a VLSD and it was still hard to maintain my drifts.. arrghh.. i had a lot of help from the instructors though, and i learned a lot ! i was the one with the blue s14, the only one that color, and one of the only two girls there

i wish i had known you, cuz i woulda watched and see what you did !
Old 11-30-2003, 08:47 PM   #108
charlie@justdrift
Zilvia FREAK!

charlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to charlie@justdrift Send a message via Yahoo to charlie@justdrift
s13chica: you're taking your hot pink car this friday, right?

kat240: you should go with us at buttonwillow this friday... stay away from the light pole!!! you make my heart jump everytime! good job tho...
charlie@justdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 09:06 PM   #109
s15driftdreamer

s15driftdreamer is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to s15driftdreamer
Jay:

You have to represent automatic pride at least one more time at a track event. i say screw finals and go to DD11. . you were tearing it up for an auto before your coilovers got all screwy.

Kat:

if you were in the blue s14, im pretty sure i saw you around a couple of times. its very cool to have females represent drifting, and with an auto no less. my hats off to you. when i had an auto all i ever did was powerslide around. im in san diego too. i hope to see you again at an upcoming event.

jason
s15driftdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 09:37 PM   #110
revat619
Retired General

Automagic pride! lol!!

Jason:

Actually though, i am seriously considering it. I really want to go to dd11!!! My drifting was sooo weaksauce, but i enjoyed it nonetheless!!! You did really well yourself.

kat240:

Now i remember! I saw you out there, you were doing really well!!! Especially on the main course.....you did a helluva lot better than me! I got OWNED on that course and so did like 10 cones! Like Jason, (s15driftdreamer) said, its really cool to see females out there drifting and tearing it up!! Good job. Hope to see you at the next SD meet.
Old 11-30-2003, 09:57 PM   #111
chokudoriS13
Zilvia FREAK!

chokudoriS13 is making a name for him/her selfchokudoriS13 is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to chokudoriS13
Quote:
Originally posted by fakts13
btw, anybody have photos and plan on posting?
I've got 85 crappy pics (took them with a camera with no optical zoom, and the sun was killing the pics)... I'll post them after I blur out all the plates.

I can't believe someone showed up in a GC10 Skyline. That alone made my day.
Old 12-01-2003, 02:08 AM   #112
dvdevo
Zilvia FREAK!

dvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enough
hrmm too lazy to post pics..will do it tomorow.
dvdevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 03:56 AM   #113
dvdevo
Zilvia FREAK!

dvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enough
here ya'll go http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4288442515
dvdevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 04:07 AM   #114
FriscoMgM2
Leaky Injector

FriscoMgM2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to FriscoMgM2 Send a message via AIM to FriscoMgM2 Send a message via Yahoo to FriscoMgM2
Great event! My pix are here:

http://www.friscomix.com/DD10_index.html

I think I have plastered them over the forums enough for one day lol.

Sample shot:

FriscoMgM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 09:46 AM   #115
s13chica
Zilvia Junkie

Yes...my car was the hot pink one with the silvia conversion.

Of course I will be taking the pink car to the track Driftheaven!!!
Old 12-01-2003, 09:50 AM   #116
charlie@justdrift
Zilvia FREAK!

charlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to charlie@justdrift Send a message via Yahoo to charlie@justdrift
hehehehe i knew that... and you told me you're gonna let me drive it too! heh-heh-heh.
Old 12-01-2003, 09:58 AM   #117
s13chica
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally posted by driftheaven
hehehehe i knew that... and you told me you're gonna let me drive it too! heh-heh-heh.
hehehehe...we'll see...hehehe...once I get onto the track I might never want to get off!
Old 12-01-2003, 12:02 PM   #118
charlie@justdrift
Zilvia FREAK!

i want a picture drifting a pink sil80! yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah...
Old 12-01-2003, 12:36 PM   #119
s13chica
Zilvia Junkie

then you'll make me look bad when you out drift me in my own car! hahaha...j/k...of course you can take my car for a spin...the only requirement is that I get to ride along!
Old 12-01-2003, 12:46 PM   #120
GotDriftS14
Zilvia Junkie

GotDriftS14 has made poor choicesGotDriftS14 has made poor choicesGotDriftS14 has made poor choicesGotDriftS14 has made poor choicesGotDriftS14 has made poor choicesGotDriftS14 has made poor choices
yo. the festival was great! i had a real good time, although the weather was a bit hotter than i expected hehehe. some nice classic datsuns, a bunch of good lookin 240's and even a couple maximas and various other nissans. it was well worth the $25 registration and then some. o yeah, and i was the one with the one-and-only silver "rear-wheel drive maxima coupe", hehehehehe.