Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA

USA Talk to others in your region.

Old 10-29-2003, 05:04 PM   #1
nokeone
on strike three.

Trader Rating: (0)
nokeone is making a name for him/her selfnokeone is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to nokeone Send a message via MSN to nokeone Send a message via Yahoo to nokeone
December 5th - Drift/Grip event at Buttonwillow

Hello everyone,

I will be having another Private Drift/Grip event on December 5th. This will be my last event this year.

When: December 5th 2003.

What: Drift/Grip practice.

Who: Anyone is welcome. We will only have 20 DRIVERS only so sign up early.

Where: Buttonwillow Raceway. http://www.buttonwillowraceway.com/

BUTTONWILLOW RACEWAY PARK
24551 Lerdo Highway
Buttonwillow, California 93206

How Much: $120 Per driver. If payment is made via paypal it will be $125 per driver.

In all case, all drivers are self-responsible for any damages to his/her own car. A rule is enforced for each accident / collision where drivers are responsible for any damages to his own car only regardless of who may be at fault. In no circumstance are event holder, venue provider, sponsors or participants/ spectators responsible for any damages as consequence of attending the event.

Refunds will be issued to anyone signed up for the event if you cancel two weeks prior to the event date. If you cannot make it to the event and you need to cancel after the two week dead line, you can still get a refund if there is someone who can take you place from the waiting list.

Everyone who participates in any event will be required to wear a helmet. Motorcycle helmet is fine.If for any reason, we can't fill an event due to low attendance, that event will be canceled and anyone signed up for that event will be refunded the track fee.

Safety Rules

No reckless driving on the track and in the pit lanes.

Over-taking is done only in the straight-aways.

When letting a pass, DO NOT hit the brakes, just let-off the gas.

** PASS ON THE LEFT ONLY - PREFERRED **

No bumping other cars (THIS IS NOT A RACE !).

Pay attention and obey the flag rules.

Should your car spinout, check for on-coming cars before entering.

All cars must only drive MAXIMUM 5 mph in the pit lanes.

Unless authorized, stay behind the crash wall. (this includes drivers/spectators)

Bring plenty of drinks (water, soda, etc. No alcohol or any other contraband please).

Bring an umbrella, sun-block lotion and sunglasses for sun, cold, and wind protection

Dress light, or dress warm accordingly to weather conditions.

If you have any questions or suggestions please contact me at [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2003, 05:12 PM   #2
TRUENOCOUPE
Nissanaholic!

TRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via AIM to TRUENOCOUPE
Noah will be the NEW organizer for the private drifting EVENT!

Can I get in for free?

PLEASEEEEEEEEEE
TRUENOCOUPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 05:36 PM   #3
nokeone
on strike three.

nokeone is making a name for him/her selfnokeone is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to nokeone Send a message via MSN to nokeone Send a message via Yahoo to nokeone
Quote:
Originally posted by TRUENOCOUPE
Noah will be the NEW organizer for the private drifting EVENT!

Can I get in for free?

PLEASEEEEEEEEEE
hahahaha....RIIIGHHTTT..i don't want that responsibility....

ummm...sure you can...me too right?..since i'm now organizing it..lol..
Old 10-29-2003, 05:48 PM   #4
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

RBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura about
Geeeee.......... I wonder if i wanna go?.... I guess i will. I'll have to drag myself out there but oh well. That's life, doing things you might not always want to do.

Hopefully it'll be raining!! haha
Old 10-30-2003, 10:01 AM   #5
TRUENOCOUPE
Nissanaholic!

TRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymore
I hope it rains also, To show you retards how sucky it is to be in the rain. hahahha
Old 10-30-2003, 12:13 PM   #6
nokeone
on strike three.

Quote:
I hope it rains also, To show you retards how sucky it is to be in the rain. hahahha
hahah...blah blah blah...

ok,

reasons for rain:

1 - save tires
2 - learn more technique at lower speeds with less traction to fight
3 - never done it before on a track
4 - no sunburn, overheating, windburn, etc associated ailments of hot weather
5 - save tires AGAIN
6 - allows for cars with less horsepower / skill to link turns, drifts will just carry further
7 - car control is stressed MUCH more with less traction, it will be a good learning experience for many

reasons against rain:

1 - drastically increased risk of going off track if not overly cautious of speed
2 - mud, mud, and more mud on a track like Buttonwillow, people WILL get stuck
3 - if you lose control recovery will be almost non existant (there will be NO drifting on certain turns ---> SUPRA)
4 - being wet alllll day just SUCKS
5 - being cold allll day just SUCKS
6 - more mud
7 - doing ANY sort of maintenence on your car in the rain just SUCKS

so those are just a few of my personal reasons for and against the rain on a track day...

some will say the PROS outweigh the CONS and some will say the opposite..

either way i'll have fun..so i'm game for whatever..

Old 10-30-2003, 01:04 PM   #7
s13chica
Zilvia Junkie

s13chica is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to s13chica
Yeah...brakes suck more in the rain as well...I'm not really wanting to slam into anyone who spins out in front of me, or have someone slam into me when I spin out (since I know I would) ...so if it rains we should have less people on the track.

I'm always down for whatever...count me in...
Old 10-30-2003, 01:30 PM   #8
nokeone
on strike three.

Quote:
Originally posted by s13chica
Yeah...brakes suck more in the rain as well...I'm not really wanting to slam into anyone who spins out in front of me, or have someone slam into me when I spin out (since I know I would) ...so if it rains we should have less people on the track.

I'm always down for whatever...count me in...
you should never be that close in any event...so hitting another car really should be a non-issue at our levels of drifting/driving..

brakes will work slightly worse in the rain..not really that big of a difference though once they heat up and dry..

and i imagine the event would have less people if it rains anyway..

not that ANY of this is even relevant at present..lol..but fun to ponder..
Old 10-30-2003, 05:49 PM   #9
thx247
Zilvia FREAK!

thx247 is an unknown quantity at this point
See, thats the problem with you crazzzzy driftarsss, always spinning out and crazy stuff. I cant even drive in a straight line and you guys want to go all sideways all crazzy like....crazy

Speaking of which, I think the only time there have even been the chance of accidents with two ON TRACK CARS is when the guy behind gets impatient and maybe tries to creep up too close and pass asap. Just chill out, wait till the guy behind you waves you and you can make a safe pass. I've never come away from an event feeling like I needed more track time. I'd rather get home in one piece that be walking home because I was impatient for 2 laps.

Anyway. An event in the rain will SUCK. If someone goes off they are gonna get stuck.
"Offs" in the mud may also damage suspension parts more yadda yadda yadda. Lets not even think about how changing tires in the rain or how to store your track gear will be. (Hello all my new friends with EZ UPs! )

But I think we all will probably learn more driving in the wet than we would driving several events in the dry.

Who are we kidding though, this is California. It will probably be 70 degrees out there and sunny sky

Last edited by thx247; 10-30-2003 at 05:58 PM..
thx247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 06:04 PM   #10
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

RBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by thx247
Who are we kidding though, this is California. It will probably be 70 degrees out there and sunny sky
Most likely...............

What i want to know is why this thread isn't blowing up? What the hell is wrong with people? These track days are THE SHIT! ppl are such bitches sometimes......" i just spent money on mods" , "i can't afford tires". I don't get it. Then people go to DD's a week later. Go figure?!?!
Old 10-30-2003, 10:00 PM   #11
neevosh
Leaky Injector

neevosh is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll be there rain or shine. With new tires. And hopefully a trailer. And all my tools. And a swearshirt in case it gets cold. And a pillow for when I sleep in my car. And some water. And a sandwhich. And maybe some cookies.
Old 10-30-2003, 10:44 PM   #12
nokeone
on strike three.

yeah seriously...where is everyone??..i guess most people on these boards really are posers who would rather look good then drive well..

ok, so i was thinking (i know i know, i don't wanna get hurt, i'll be careful)...and i think i came up with the perfect scenario..

see, i am beginning to see more and more the NON-driving shittyness of rain...

if we were just in a car drifting in the rain, that would rock...but the reality is that we will spend more time out of the cars, in the rain, then in them...

soooooo..this is how it is going to go..(moon, weather patterns, high and low pressure systems, all of you listen up!)

it will start of mildly overcast and chilly...we will get a couple cold, but dry, hours in to warm up and remember how to drive..lol...then it will rain...for 30min-1hr ONLY!!!..that should apply sufficient wetness to the ground to have some fun..it'll dry up within the next 2 hours as the sun gradually starts to come back out of the, now, partly cloudy skies..for the remaining 3 or so hours of the day it will gradually get more sunny but stay brisk...and a nice, dry, drive home...

everyone in agreement?..good!

Old 10-30-2003, 10:54 PM   #13
hondaguy
Zilvia Junkie

hondaguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to hondaguy
hahah i just seen mr.dori king aka AL in the japanese magazine "banzai"with a red 86,why the serious face in the magazine al,looks like ur thinking to hard hahaah j/p,i noe this has nothing to do with the event
Old 10-31-2003, 03:02 AM   #14
s13chica
Zilvia Junkie

s13chica is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to s13chica
My friend Dan is probably in for the event. He has a really badass built 510...
Old 10-31-2003, 11:26 AM   #15
TRUENOCOUPE
Nissanaholic!

THE SUN WAS IN MY EYES! SO SHUT UP! hahaahh

Anyways, Mike, Noah, Erik, Alex etc... Send me you guys payment. I need to send the deposit to Buttonwillow to secure the date.

Al
Old 10-31-2003, 11:40 AM   #16
nokeone
on strike three.

Quote:
THE SUN WAS IN MY EYES! SO SHUT UP! hahaahh

Anyways, Mike, Noah, Erik, Alex etc... Send me you guys payment. I need to send the deposit to Buttonwillow to secure the date.

Al
you'll have mine next wednesday..the 5th...sorry, but that is the earliest i can send it..
Old 10-31-2003, 11:49 AM   #17
TRUENOCOUPE
Nissanaholic!

Thats fine...

Sorry to rush...
Old 10-31-2003, 12:30 PM   #18
hondaguy
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally posted by s13chica
My friend Dan is probably in for the event. He has a really badass built 510...
woah sheits cant wait to see that 510,datsun is da best yo
Old 10-31-2003, 03:11 PM   #19
thx247
Zilvia FREAK!

guuh a month in advance?

Al - Making a downpayment on a house or something?

I guess I can scrape together my pennies again. But tonight is halloween, and I'm going to get shitty, so you have to wait a bit.

BITCH!

-anyway, no worries about the lack of intrest right now. Its a month out and half that norcal drift mail list doesn't live on zilvia.
Old 10-31-2003, 03:56 PM   #20
TRUENOCOUPE
Nissanaholic!

umm I was think-ine of using the money for Halloween party.

I guess that won't happen-ine. Dammit.

Thank-ine anyways, Dolt!
Old 10-31-2003, 04:07 PM   #21
thx247
Zilvia FREAK!

Phsss get back to work
Old 10-31-2003, 04:36 PM   #22
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blu808
Noah

Hey Noah Ill be there for sure. Buttonwillow is sick, Only been there on a bike though. Let me know how i should pay.

Lates.
Luke
Old 10-31-2003, 04:59 PM   #23
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

Re: Noah

Quote:
Originally posted by blu808
Hey Noah Ill be there for sure. Buttonwillow is sick, Only been there on a bike though. Let me know how i should pay.

Lates.
Luke
Contact TRUENOCOUPE. He's actually putting on the event, noah just posted it up for him. You can paypal money to [email protected] i believe.

Werd.
Old 10-31-2003, 06:27 PM   #24
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blu808
right

Ok. Thanks
Old 10-31-2003, 08:29 PM   #25
nokeone
on strike three.

yup yup you got it..the more the merrier...

always a fun time!!
Old 11-02-2003, 12:35 PM   #26
TRUENOCOUPE
Nissanaholic!

The more the merrier? HELL NO!
Old 11-02-2003, 01:59 PM   #27
nokeone
on strike three.

Quote:
The more the merrier? HELL NO!
hahah...AS LONG AS IT IS UNDER 20 PERSONS..
Old 11-02-2003, 11:54 PM   #28
hondaguy
Zilvia Junkie

dont you mean 20 PEOPLE, instead of 20 PERSONS
Old 11-03-2003, 12:13 AM   #29
nokeone
on strike three.

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaguy
dont you mean 20 PEOPLE, instead of 20 PERSONS
no, actually i didn't...
Old 11-03-2003, 12:18 AM   #30
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
You can count me in. I've been waiting for you to put up the next event.
Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote