Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA

USA Talk to others in your region.

Old 02-02-2004, 04:55 PM   #91
NZO
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
NZO is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NZO
Very . I guess I will have to put my evasion skills to the test.
NZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2004, 05:21 PM   #92
knghtryde
Zilvia Addict

knghtryde has a little shameless behavior in the past
So it's really costing $85 dollars... I knew they'd skrew you guys some how... LoLz... J/K

To push oneself to the limit is all that
one can do. To quit is to die.
knghtryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 05:32 PM   #93
MikeDeuce
Zilvia Member

MikeDeuce is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't forget the $10 entry fee per person... $95 now

I'm waiting for a $5 bathroom entry fee, just to arrive at a nice square $100.

Not that I'm complaining, I wanted a GRM subscription anyway... and it's a local event at least.
Old 02-02-2004, 05:34 PM   #94
CleanS14
it's NOT a show car!!

Trader Rating: (7)
CleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Ok man... this isn't so cool... nobody said membership was required... how GHEY!!! They didn't advise us of this... and who gives a fock about Grassroots Motorsports magazine... I really don't... shit maybe if it was Playboy or something... I never got that email
Old 02-02-2004, 05:35 PM   #95
CleanS14
it's NOT a show car!!

CleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond repute
I will be seriously pissed if they enforce that stupid ass membership thing... I could have went to Buttonwillow instead...
Old 02-02-2004, 05:45 PM   #96
rewplayff
Zilvia Junkie

rewplayff will become famous soon enoughrewplayff will become famous soon enoughrewplayff will become famous soon enoughrewplayff will become famous soon enough
when do they charge us for membership. at the door? i just signed up and i only paid the 49 bucks? reminds me of cell phones and bank statements where they don't tell you you're about to pay double what you thought. i guess thats the american way
rewplayff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 05:49 PM   #97
Heartwork
BANNED

Heartwork is an unknown quantity at this point
hey now, i never got an "email"
Heartwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 06:03 PM   #98
MikeDeuce
Zilvia Member

MikeDeuce is an unknown quantity at this point
rewplayff: or here, I guess: https://www.nasaproracing.com/joinrenew.html
Old 02-02-2004, 06:33 PM   #99
dct223
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
dct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dct223
Anyone know which place we enter at sears point??? Im coming from east bay near oakland area.. anyone wanna drive there with me??
Old 02-02-2004, 07:54 PM   #100
s14xman
Zilvia FREAK!

s14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to s14xman
Well i am pissed because my cousin is gettin married and i can no longer go. Damn him, why cant he reschedual that shiet!!??!! Anyways Allen and Ed let me know if you guys still want the hellmets.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:09 PM   #101
DRFT
Post Whore!

DRFT is making a name for him/her selfDRFT is making a name for him/her selfDRFT is making a name for him/her self
im not even sure if im going anymroe, im still waiting word on my tires. I mite go to to ride shot gun with allen though dunno yet man.
DRFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 08:13 PM   #102
s14xman
Zilvia FREAK!

s14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of light
aight just let me know, and if you need tires you always know I got the hook up on them so just let me know.
Old 02-02-2004, 09:08 PM   #103
dct223
Nissanaholic!

dct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nice
S14xman that sucks u cant go! I wanted to see ur car! =( Anyways... do u think i could borrow a helmet from you?? im signed up intending to borrow my friends brothers helmet.. but hes going to use it the same day =/

LMK..

Davis
Old 02-02-2004, 09:09 PM   #104
ootranceformeroo
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
ootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ootranceformeroo
If this membershit thing is required.....I might have second thoughts about going and getting my money back. WTF is Grassroots Motorsports anyways? Thats pretty retarted since many people will only be attending one or their events or very few. If this is the case, Buttonwillow would have been the better choice here. Even the meet that club4ag is putting on that day...ARGH!
Drift Unit
ootranceformeroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 09:18 PM   #105
ootranceformeroo
Nissanaholic!

ootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to behold
I sent them an email regaurding peoples complaints. I think on the sign up sheet, they should have had a note or something before even signing up. (i.e. you cant sign up unless you have one). I hope that they dont enforce this just for this event and for future events let people know ahead of time.
Drift Unit
Old 02-02-2004, 11:43 PM   #106
mistaanime
Nissanaholic!

mistaanime is making a name for him/her selfmistaanime is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to mistaanime
heh...i dunno..I guess I no go..mite as well go to work..oh wellz..*sighs*
Old 02-02-2004, 11:50 PM   #107
steedsta
Leaky Injector

steedsta is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to steedsta
sorry about the whole 30 dollar difference, but i stil think its worth it for it being in nor-cal!!! im pumped
steedsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 12:29 AM   #108
steedsta
Leaky Injector

heres the car im going to be in that im buying since my other kouki got totaled.
Old 02-03-2004, 12:50 AM   #109
NZO
Zilvia FREAK!

Niceness, youll have it by saturday?
Old 02-03-2004, 12:53 AM   #110
DRFT
Post Whore!

DRFT is making a name for him/her selfDRFT is making a name for him/her selfDRFT is making a name for him/her self
awesome ride man. from motorsport dynamics huh...and is that a black top s13 sr?
DRFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 12:55 AM   #111
dct223
Nissanaholic!

looks like black top s13... nice ride btw =D

and i still need to borrow a helmet from someone =P Somebody help a fellow zilvia member out hahaha =D
Old 02-03-2004, 02:54 AM   #112
ootranceformeroo
Nissanaholic!

sweet ride! I heard that its only gonna be a skid pad now or something? someone might want to double check that.
Drift Unit
Old 02-03-2004, 08:33 AM   #113
steedsta
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZO
Niceness, youll have it by saturday?
yeah it will be there saturday but i wont have the pink slips untill after i get it smoged on feb 23. its a s13 blacktop and it has a nismo lsd
will you be there NZO?
Old 02-03-2004, 09:09 AM   #114
NZO
Zilvia FREAK!

Yea I'll be there. Is Anthony going?
Old 02-03-2004, 11:51 AM   #115
CleanS14
it's NOT a show car!!

My response to the NASA 411 email:

I am concerned about this LAST MINUTE membership required fee. This was not mentioned in the registration process or details of the event. I feel that the participants without membership should not be held accountable for this fee unless they are willing to pay and would like to become a NASA member. The $20 subscription to the mag does not appeal to me and other members for the 240 community that have registered.

I also would like to express some concern because there is a lack of details about the event. What will be available to drivers (course/skid pad/jturns)... please let us know because we are entitled to the information and would like to know. There were other events going on this weekend that we could have attended, but chose this event because it seemed like a good deal. For $100 my friends and I could have attended and event at Buttonwillow with only 30 or so drivers and the entire track including skidpad etc.

This last minute membership fee is not fair and should not be enforced because we were not notified of this at all at the time of registration. I will not pay this membership fee because I do not want to be a NASA member and I was not notified. If this is a problem let me know and I will gladly accept a refund. I have read your cancellation policy, but in this case... since you DID NOT notify the parties participating in the event of these amendments ahead of time (give them more than a week notice) your policy cannot be enforced legally. So I will expect a full refund of the $50 registration fee.

Consider this $50 (reg fee) + $10 (entrance fee/ea person) + $35 (membership fee) = $95 //and we don't get to run on the track at all!!! and we were not notified of the membership requirement.

Concerned/Confused/Frustrated participant... I thank you for your time and look forward to your prompt response.

We'll see what Jerry K(NASA) has to say...
Old 02-03-2004, 12:10 PM   #116
s14xman
Zilvia FREAK!

^^ wow that sounds perfesional. well written, we will have to see what they say.
Old 02-03-2004, 12:22 PM   #117
CleanS14
it's NOT a show car!!

NASA response:

I am confused by your message. I will gladly refund your money but I am not sure that you understand. NO ONE is allowed to do this without being a member of NASA. Didn’t you sign up online? It won’t let you sign up unless you’re a member.

Let me know what you want to do. Sorry about your confusion. If you still want to do it, I will go into more details
Old 02-03-2004, 12:23 PM   #118
CleanS14
it's NOT a show car!!

I had no trouble signing up eventhough I'm not a NASA member... does this mean I'm a NASA member now???
Old 02-03-2004, 12:38 PM   #119
knghtryde
Zilvia Addict

knghtryde has a little shameless behavior in the past
This entire event is bull. It really is just a way to be able to get more members for these guys... because they've already said you have to be a member... I'm pretty sure they are going to ask for some membership proof once you get there, and if you don't have it they are either going to keep your money unless you pay for membership...

To push oneself to the limit is all that
one can do. To quit is to die.
knghtryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 12:41 PM   #120
CleanS14
it's NOT a show car!!

I have already talked with my legal dept here at work and they cannot keep the registration fee. They void their cancellation policy because they did not fairly give notice of the membership requirement in accordance to their time line in the mentioned policy. So anyone who has registered for the event can request a full refund if they try to enforce the membership requirement and try to keep your reg fee.