Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-20-2005, 03:16 AM   #1
jy116
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
jy116 is making a name for him/her selfjy116 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dent Repair Gurus - paintless dent removal?

My hood has 2 dents and I was wondering if I have to break out the bondo or not...

too ugly to leave it, esp on a blak hood :/
Old 07-20-2005, 03:19 AM   #2
m0rex
Zilvia FREAK!

m0rex is on a distinguished road
I got some dents on my hood too but the bottom layer that reinforces the hood keeps me from just hitting them to put the back into place. I can cut out the bottom layer but i might dent it more.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:52 AM   #3
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
sw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sw20>>s14
what are you asking? whether or not theres a way to repair it without sanding? just get the pullers...not the ding king shit, but the ones where you have to pierce the dent and yank it out...bondo the holes you made...then put finishing touches by bondoing any other imperfections...personally, too much trouble for my lazy ass...i would pound it out the best i could and leave it...
Old 07-20-2005, 08:43 AM   #4
justinhustle
Nissanaholic!

justinhustle will become famous soon enoughjustinhustle will become famous soon enoughjustinhustle will become famous soon enoughjustinhustle will become famous soon enoughjustinhustle will become famous soon enough
that kit they sell on tv

does not work ive tried it

so get a new hood, its prolly cheaper
justinhustle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 09:32 AM   #5
DeatschWerks
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
DeatschWerks is making a name for him/her selfDeatschWerks is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'd just pick up a hood from a salvage yard.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:37 AM   #6
MakotoS13
BANNED

MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to MakotoS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw20>>s14
what are you asking? whether or not theres a way to repair it without sanding? just get the pullers...not the ding king shit, but the ones where you have to pierce the dent and yank it out...bondo the holes you made...then put finishing touches by bondoing any other imperfections...personally, too much trouble for my lazy ass...i would pound it out the best i could and leave it...
worst advice ever.

do NOT use the thing where you punch a hole and pull the metal. you're creating more work for youself. if you dont' have the gun that tacks a peg on the metal that you then pull out and grind off take it to a shop.

even if you did punch a hole you'd need to weld up the hole then grind down the weld. trust me, take it to a shop before you screw it up worse.

p.s. those dents are probably too bad and the paint is jacked anyhow. might as well go the whole nine.
MakotoS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 12:58 PM   #7
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i rock a gutted hood.. if i had to use body filler to clean it up.. then that would be adding just a lil wieght..

But doing work yourself is hella cheap.. find a way to pull it out some, and just fill it. but right now that is too deep to fill.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:29 PM   #8
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
junkyard hood.
aznpoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 05:45 PM   #9
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
dude.......... paintless dent removal stuff is done with a bunch of metal rods and some bad ass with a walkman.... ive seen those guy push little small dents out like nothing.... if u wanna try to push it out and the reinforcement is in the way.... gotta drill a hole thru the reinforcement... and use a metal rod thru the hole...... takes a good eye to totally see if its straight and good hands also...... go to one of those places and see what the quote is....
Old 07-20-2005, 07:17 PM   #10
TurDz
Nissanaholic!

TurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to TurDz
Those PDRs are very specialized craftsmen...it's amazing how much they can do, even with subtle waves in the hood. It's $$$$$$$ though...
TurDz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 07:25 PM   #11
ZK
Zilvia FREAK!

ZK is making a name for him/her selfZK is making a name for him/her selfZK is making a name for him/her self
Those dents look pretty bad. I don't know if PDR will work for you. PDR are usually for small dents and cost $50-70 a dent usually. Even if they can take it out - after the dent is removed, you will still have those scratches on your hood.
ZK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 08:10 PM   #12
Enemy
Zilvia Member

Enemy is a well-known jackass
Send a message via AIM to Enemy Send a message via Yahoo to Enemy
get a new/used hood
Old 07-21-2005, 12:20 AM   #13
ucfz31s13
Zilvia Junkie

ucfz31s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ucfz31s13
no, even if a PDR guy worked on those it would still need more work and tender loving care.

those dents are too sharp + paint is all f'd up.

and you guys are right, my dad did PDR for like 8 years or so for a bunch of car dealerships and big rental companies in Florida, and some of the shit he could do amazed me.

too bad he has yet to pull a single ding out of any of my cars haha
ucfz31s13 is offline   Reply With Quote