Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-07-2005, 06:43 PM   #1
gwolburg

Trader Rating: (0)
gwolburg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry Do NOT buy Tein Hi Techs!

Due to the huge speed bumps and potholes of Mexico City I needed to raise the ride height of my '98 S14. I ordered a set of Tein Hi Tech springs that were supposed to lower the car less than 1 inch as opposed to about 2 plus inches (can't remember exactly how much) of the installed Sportlines. When I took the car to the shop to change springs, the Teins turned out to be 2 inches SHORTER than the Sportlines in front (Tein: 9.5"; Sportlines: 11.5"). So I had the rates checked and were the same for both brands. Upon which the shop guys refused to put the Teins on lest they couldn't get the car back up on the ramp to take them off without damaging the aero. It would have literally scraped the gum off the floor. So I had 1 in. rubber bushings installed with the Sportlines and that solved the ride height problem. I called the folks I ordered the springs from and they called Tein to find out what had happened. All Tein could say was "So Sorry!" but they can't do anything.

I'd checked the forums for feedback on the Hi Techs before ordering but found nothing. The folks I ordered from said it was the first time someone had ordered them. Now I guess I know why. They Suck!!!

Greetings from HOT Mexico!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/815463
gwolburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2005, 07:13 PM   #2
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Hum. That's strange. The listing on tein says 3/4" on the front and 1/2" on the rear.
http://tein.com/nissan.html
S14DB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 07:18 PM   #3
mistaanime
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
mistaanime is making a name for him/her selfmistaanime is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mistaanime
2 inches shorter..lower? Hi techs? .......i thought they were H techs and they bearly lower your car..mite as well keep witht the OEM ones.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:14 AM   #4
ZK
Zilvia FREAK!

ZK is making a name for him/her selfZK is making a name for him/her selfZK is making a name for him/her self
You didn't put them on the car...

Even if it has the same spring rate, the way the spring compresses is different for every company. Perhaps the Eibachs were progressively wound? Or the Tein? If so then the rate changes when compressed.

The only way you will know for sure is if you try it.
ZK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 01:21 AM   #5
kandyflip445
Post Whore!

kandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kandyflip445
Are you sure you didn't get the wrong springs? Check the S/N with Tein.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:56 AM   #6
Mike Wazowski
Leaky Injector

Mike Wazowski has a little shameless behavior in the past
What color were the springs.

S.Tech's are green and lower the car agressively and has a sporty springrate.
H.Tech's are brown and lowers the car only about and inch and has a softer comfortable springrate.
Mike Wazowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 01:57 AM   #7
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
u prolly got s13 springs
Old 06-08-2005, 02:19 AM   #8
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

TheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Wazowski
What color were the springs.

S.Tech's are green and lower the car agressively and has a sporty springrate.
H.Tech's are brown and lowers the car only about and inch and has a softer comfortable springrate.

I dont know about the s-tech sportyness. They seemed crap to me, hence me selling them in a quickness after they just came out, and now they are $120? (for a reason) Shit I paid 170+3month shipping. I thought Htech's may be the crappy S-tech's replacement, so if they are worse, then I would much rather run stock.
TheSnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 03:41 AM   #9
Sil Beer S13
Zilvia FREAK!

Sil Beer S13 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Sil Beer S13
gah well that mexico for you
Sil Beer S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 03:11 PM   #10
Chinoliro
Leaky Injector

Chinoliro is an unknown quantity at this point
mexico roads suck
Old 06-08-2005, 11:46 PM   #11
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
trsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek
u prolly got s13 springs

i agree to this. you might got s13 one as they are suppose to be shorter and if sportline lowers add that to a almost oem like spring . it is possible
trsilvias13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 01:52 AM   #12
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
If you just want a lower ride height, why not just save yourself the hassle and buy a lower end coilover set up? They may not be dampening adjustable, but you'll be able to adjust the ride height and stuff like this wont happen. Just a suggestion.

Sucks that this happened though. Good luck with getting everything sorted out.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
revat619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 02:07 AM   #13
ghostuss
Zilvia FREAK!

ghostuss is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ghostuss
that's why not to cheap out and buy some REAL suspension shit.

ButtonWillow, CA entire circuit drift/grip event by shock drifting spot for sale. Take over my spot for $150 only.
ghostuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 12:31 PM   #14
gwolburg

gwolburg is an unknown quantity at this point
The springs are brown and are supposed to lower the car less than an inch while offering "comfort, performance, and quality" (their words). If a spring is supposed to be "softer" and lower a car less, than logically it should be longer. I gave the parts numbers printed on the springs to the folks I bought them from and they consulted Tein who answered "So sorry, but we can't do anything".

You're right, the roads in Mexico suck big time, but the margaritas are really good here!

Greetings from pothole, speedbump ridden Mexico!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/815463
gwolburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 12:35 PM   #15
mistaanime
Nissanaholic!

mistaanime is making a name for him/her selfmistaanime is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to mistaanime
nice ride..........
Old 06-09-2005, 03:39 PM   #16
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
so thats where all the 240's went......daymn.. nice car
Old 06-09-2005, 11:15 PM   #17
sideview_180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

sideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to sideview_180sx Send a message via Yahoo to sideview_180sx
as revat619 said, go with coilover setup at least tein SS or tanabe sustec. at least have the availability to adjust on the fly.

formerly sideviewcivic
Save a Horse. Drift This Cowboy.
AirBag Club Member #0014
sideview_180sx is offline   Reply With Quote