Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 05-02-2009, 02:25 PM   #1
AntoS

Trader Rating: (0)
AntoS is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Check Engine Light on 1995 S14

Hi, I recently took off my transmission to replace my clutch. After driving for a couple of miles, the Check Engine Light came on. I also noticed that the car is running kind of rough. It does not feels the same.

Does anyone know how to check the error code? I took it to Autozone and Advanced Auto, but they told me that they can't do cars 1995 and older.
AntoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2009, 11:15 AM   #2
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
You broke the CPS when removing the transmission. Common on our cars. Although that itself would not cause the car to run any differently, so follow the FSM's procedure for pulling codes, you have something else wrong too.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 08:00 PM   #3
Pacman
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Pacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
'95's have an OBD plug that will work with a generic OBDII scanner. They're being lazy.
Pacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 08:23 PM   #4
AntoS

Thanks for your responses. Yeah I found the OBD II Connector on the passenger side. I never thought that a 1995 will have a OBD II.

Anyways, here are the codes that showed up:

P0340
Camshaft Position Sensor A Circuit

P0325
Knock Sensor 1 Circuit

P0335
Camshaft Position Sensor
Old 05-03-2009, 09:14 PM   #5
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoS View Post
Thanks for your responses. Yeah I found the OBD II Connector on the passenger side. I never thought that a 1995 will have a OBD II.

Anyways, here are the codes that showed up:

P0340
Camshaft Position Sensor A Circuit

P0325
Knock Sensor 1 Circuit

P0335
Camshaft Position Sensor
Don't confuse yourself. The connector is an OBD plug, end of story. Whether the ECU's protocol is I or II doesn't matter, the plug is the same. Your car is a 1995 model, it's OBD I. Period. OBD II was not mandated nor loaded in any 1995 model.

The CPS is broken, just as I said. 99% of people don't remove it before pulling the transmission, it's plastic and breaks easily when smacked against the flywheel. Knock sensor could be a dozen symptoms, read up on how it works and why it goes off on here and virtually any decent search engine.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:16 PM   #6
AntoS

Do you know approximately how much is the CPS? I tried to find it on courtesy parts website but could not find it