Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 11:02 PM   #1
93'240sx'hatch
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Trader Rating: (0)
93'240sx'hatch is on the path to ruin93'240sx'hatch is on the path to ruin93'240sx'hatch is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
E-Brake: trial and error

well tonite me and BoostedCoupe decided to tighten ebrakes first off was my 93 hatch, stock rotors and caliphers. first couple of pulls NUTHIN. final run rols around and we decide to tighten til i have to strain a nut to pull it. 30 mph and heres the pull strained testicles and all and they lock up sum what. car comes to a stop and theres SMOKE! drive back to the house and get out and look at what damage took place. Ive got cherry red rotors and smokin brake pads. well not to much worry were lettin rotors cool rite now and fingers are crossed that i didnt warp the rotors. prolly need new pads though.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2007, 01:48 AM   #2
bribot
Leaky Injector

bribot will become famous soon enoughbribot will become famous soon enoughbribot will become famous soon enoughbribot will become famous soon enoughbribot will become famous soon enough
uhhh rad
Old 09-02-2007, 01:53 AM   #3
Sidewayzzz
Zilvia Member

Sidewayzzz has a spectacular aura aboutSidewayzzz has a spectacular aura aboutSidewayzzz has a spectacular aura aboutSidewayzzz has a spectacular aura aboutSidewayzzz has a spectacular aura aboutSidewayzzz has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Sidewayzzz
cool attention whore.

Maybe next time you can smack a curb and have a grand story to tell us as well.

Old 09-02-2007, 02:03 AM   #4
5t341tH
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 5t341tH
ok....wouldnt u know tightening the nut would put pressure on the rotors?? DUHHHHH

lexus baby
Old 09-02-2007, 02:38 AM   #5
UNISA JECS
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (40)
UNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Send a message via AIM to UNISA JECS
Dudeuckle Man!
Old 09-02-2007, 02:50 AM   #6
thejapino
Zilvia Addict

thejapino is close to perfectionthejapino is close to perfectionthejapino is close to perfectionthejapino is close to perfectionthejapino is close to perfectionthejapino is close to perfectionthejapino is close to perfectionthejapino is close to perfectionthejapino is close to perfectionthejapino is close to perfectionthejapino is close to perfection
readjust your e-brake! the procedure is in the FSM! betcha can't roll in neutral on a slight incline anymore huh!?!?!
Old 09-02-2007, 12:18 PM   #7
240truk
Zilvia Member

240truk has a spectacular aura about240truk has a spectacular aura about240truk has a spectacular aura about240truk has a spectacular aura about240truk has a spectacular aura about240truk has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93'240sx'hatch View Post
final run rols around and we decide to tighten til i have to strain a nut to pull it.
why would you do that????
Old 09-02-2007, 02:33 PM   #8
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
ugh.... u need to tighten only to where the handle doesnt come up freely and feels nice and tight. thats it. no need to strain it, that is pure heresy
Old 09-02-2007, 02:41 PM   #9
keioffice
Zilvia Member

keioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymore
yea i tightened my ebrake up when i first got my car, eventually both the rear brake pads just shattered. How to you get the ebrake tight but not rubbing on the rotors????
Old 09-02-2007, 10:13 PM   #10
93'240sx'hatch

93'240sx'hatch is on the path to ruin93'240sx'hatch is on the path to ruin93'240sx'hatch is on the path to ruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejapino View Post
readjust your e-brake! the procedure is in the FSM! betcha can't roll in neutral on a slight incline anymore huh!?!?!
yeah its not as bad as i may have made it seem the whole tighten til i strain a nut thing was a joke between me and Boosted. I did have to tighten it a lot because i could move my car with the e-brake engaged and it wouldnt have much effect at all so i did have to tighten it a lot because my dad had a bad habbit of rippin the sh*it outta it before i got my license. and obviously im not the first to try this ^^^ so yeah rag all u want but i now know what to do and my ebrake is at the tension i want it to be, oh and the smoke was just the new wearin off the new rotor and pads because the side with the old didnt get as hot or smoke
Old 09-02-2007, 11:05 PM   #11
kevtrinh
Zilvia Junkie

kevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond repute
the smoke is not the rotor and pads wearing off.. did you install new shims when putting in the pads... my guess is that you didn't. oh and follow directions on the break in period for pads.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:59 PM   #12
thejapino
Zilvia Addict

thejapino is close to perfectionthejapino is close to perfectionthejapino is close to perfectionthejapino is close to perfectionthejapino is close to perfectionthejapino is close to perfectionthejapino is close to perfectionthejapino is close to perfectionthejapino is close to perfectionthejapino is close to perfectionthejapino is close to perfection
The e-brake cables are worn. Even though they physically look ok, 15+ years of use will stretch your cables (lose their tension). Replace them with brand new ones and they will work like they should. My e-brake does the same thing too. If i don't pull it up all the way, the car may roll on a hill but its loose enough not to drag the rear brakes when the e-brake is disengaged. Adjusting them real tight will keep your car parked but you'll be dragging the brakes while you drive.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:06 AM   #13
jskateborders
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
jskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jskateborders
I had the cherry red rotors, but that cause I had to move my car, and a hole in my exhaust had welded my ebrake lines so that they were stuck on... fun times
Old 09-03-2007, 06:12 PM   #14
Gjohnson7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
Gjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93'240sx'hatch View Post
because my dad had a bad habbit of rippin the sh*it outta it before i got my license.

So, does your Dad Drift???????

LSX Kouki Project, swap completed in Dec 09
Old 09-03-2007, 07:08 PM   #15
93'240sx'hatch

no when he parked it he would yank the e-brake so hard u could here it standin 20 feet away
Old 09-09-2007, 04:33 PM   #16
Irukandji
Post Whore!

Irukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Irukandji
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskateborders View Post
I had the cherry red rotors, but that cause I had to move my car, and a hole in my exhaust had welded my ebrake lines so that they were stuck on... fun times
this post shows me how intelligent you are.

Holy fail
Old 09-09-2007, 08:43 PM   #17
wonkuuzenki
Zilvia Junkie

wonkuuzenki is making his/her stupidity well-knownwonkuuzenki is making his/her stupidity well-knownwonkuuzenki is making his/her stupidity well-knownwonkuuzenki is making his/her stupidity well-knownwonkuuzenki is making his/her stupidity well-known
Fucking Fail.

do us a favor and go back to 1990 and commit baby suicide.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:54 PM   #18
cbcustoms
Zilvia Junkie

cbcustoms has a spectacular aura aboutcbcustoms has a spectacular aura aboutcbcustoms has a spectacular aura aboutcbcustoms has a spectacular aura aboutcbcustoms has a spectacular aura aboutcbcustoms has a spectacular aura about
Neato pon cheato
Old 09-10-2007, 12:14 AM   #19
93'240sx'hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkuuzenki View Post
Fucking Fail.

do us a favor and go back to 1990 and commit baby suicide.
first off maybe u should go back to 2nd grade and take math over again because 2007-16 would show that i was born in 1991 jackass
Old 09-10-2007, 12:17 AM   #20
93'240sx'hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcustoms View Post
Neato pon cheato
and for u my foriegn dumbass your spanish doesnt even translate on free translation
Old 09-10-2007, 09:30 AM   #21
kanagawa_kouki
Zilvia Member

kanagawa_kouki is making a name for him/her selfkanagawa_kouki is making a name for him/her self
Well, maybe I can contribute positvely in someway....

Wait a minute, nevermind.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:53 AM   #22
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
pffft. spend 120 bucks if you want REAL ebrake power. staging brake and some lines and u can lock up ooo so hard.

or you can tighten the cables the right way
Old 09-10-2007, 10:01 AM   #23
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
you're an idiot OP

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
not"let's make our car look like a pile of shit and dead babies"
Old 09-10-2007, 10:09 AM   #24
ilia
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
ilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
It's true, you suck.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:50 PM   #25
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ho can you strain a nut, when yours haven't even dropped yet?

Jk.

Seriously though this thread is pretty suck. (and yes I said it like that on purpose)
Old 09-10-2007, 02:50 PM   #26
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Well this thread is going nowhere useful.

OP: Learn to PROPERLY adjust your parking brake.
Also, don't post about it the next time you do something stupid. It might save you a little embarrassment.
Closed Thread