Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-04-2003, 01:15 AM   #1
93s13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
93s13 has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
s13 subframe spacers

i have a question i recently bought the greg dupri solid subframe spacer for my s13 and also the whiteline poly subframe spacers and as i have found out from my previous search most says its not safe to use top and lower spacers and others says it just depends on how you tune the cars suspension i recently ask whiteline tech support for their advise and said they dont suggest it as well. my question is which spacer should i keep and use for my s13 coupe the solid spacer or whiteline. just incase... car is running stock suspension mods would be cusco adj. t/c rods, tein tie rods, nismo powerbrace, kyb agx with ground control, poly bushings and the spacers if i decide which one to use. thank you in advance for your comments and help.
93s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2003, 10:41 AM   #2
ny_jee
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
ny_jee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I am surprised that my buddy dousan hasn't jumped on this one yet. Since I am kinda bored at work, I'll try to advise to the best of my knowledge. From what I remember, Whitelines comes with instructions and recommendation of combinations to use for different type of driving style. It depends on what you will be using your car primarily for, you will use the spacers differently. I personally use Greg Dupree's spacers rite now, but have Cusco ones sitting in my tool box forever. Greg's stuff is great as far as getting rid or some wheel hops. However, w/o the upper collar, wheel hops are still noticeable. I've heard good things about whiteline, but from a source that I am starting to doubt the person's credibility. But few of the combinations that I saw was for grip driving, it's recommended to have: top&bottom for the front, and just top in the rear(in relation to the subframe) for grip. For drifting, it was recommended that you use top for the front, and just bottom in the rear. If you look at how the subframe works and what's involved in each driving habit, the setup makes sense. As far as safety goes, it's all relative... As for which one to use... Personally, I'd suggest Greg's spacers b/c it's solid metal, I remember whitelines being poly urethane. However, Greg's spacers do lack the top collar which I heard makes quite a bit of difference. Hope that helped.
Old 09-04-2003, 10:54 AM   #3
Fastback180
Zilvia Addict

Fastback180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Fastback180
You tryin to part w/them old cuscos in your toolbox?
The day those Uras bushings went up on jspec, I signed off, went to the bank, deposited some money, and when I got home, they were sold! It was a matter of like 1 hour.
Old 09-04-2003, 10:59 AM   #4
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
if ny_jee wants to get rid of them, they are going to me. good reason to drop the subframe right? hahaha..

yeah ny_jee is on the ball today. what he posted is excellent!
sorry folks, i actually had work this morning (shocker!)

if i sell my dupree it will be for the SPLparts.com upper and lower spacers.
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 10:59 AM   #5
ny_jee
Zilvia Member

Sorry, they are not up for sale. The reason they haven't been put is is b/c 1)I did stupid drifts on the street and busted my subframe and haven't had the time/money for another subframe. 2)Haven't found the time to my friend's lift which will make dropping the subframe a whole lot easier. But I did drove my friend's s14 w/ both top and bottom solid spacers, it was nice...
Old 09-04-2003, 11:14 AM   #6
ny_jee
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dousan36

yeah ny_jee is on the ball today. what he posted is excellent!
sorry folks, i actually had work this morning (shocker!)
Just want a piece of "post whoring" action. I want to see the Grip Video too!
Old 09-04-2003, 11:17 AM   #7
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
we should set up a 'viewing night" i get OPTION 113 this week too! HMMMM sounds like a plan..weekend is best of course. ill call some friends up. we'll work it out in PM. nothing like a little kaido battle, GRIP vid and OPTION
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 01:37 PM   #8
93s13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
93s13 has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
thanks for the reply yes i was amaze dousan wasnt the first one to reply the car is currently a daily driven car but will be using in drifting. so the 4 solid spacer is better than the 6 poly bushings. or i can just always try each one for a certain amount of time.
93s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 02:28 PM   #9
ny_jee
Zilvia Member

IIRC, the whitelines are slited so you can install/remove w/o dropping the whole subframe. Try different combination and find one that's most comfortable to you in terms of you handling(not really comfort per say...). Like I said, recommended setup for drifting is to use top collar up front and bottom collar for rear of the subframe. Try that first then see how it feels, then try something else. However, as a word of advice... No matter what you do w/ the car, drifting is ALL about the driver. It might make things easier, but if you don't have the fundamental down. You won't benefit much from it. And don't practice on the public street.
Old 09-05-2003, 02:51 PM   #10
JRTurbo909
Leaky Injector

JRTurbo909 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey,

Does anyone have that old link bout the washers you can buy and modify to do the same. I used to have the pic w the measurements but that was on my ex girlfriends computer and you know how that goes... Also, do you know where you can go to get the washers. I remember I tried home depot but they didnt carry ones that big.

Shah
JRTurbo909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 06:52 PM   #11
240_keyy
Zilvia Member

240_keyy is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to 240_keyy Send a message via AIM to 240_keyy Send a message via Yahoo to 240_keyy
It isn't hard to drop the subframe guys. I installed my Border subframe spacers (upper and lower) and it inly took about an hour, all you need is a jack and some patience. I highly recommend them, they are fantastic.
Old 09-06-2003, 10:07 AM   #12
HaLo
from Canada, eh!

HaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfection
Send a message via ICQ to HaLo Send a message via AIM to HaLo Send a message via MSN to HaLo
I have the whiteline poly subframe spacers and the result is amazing. I get no-more wheel hop and the car "smoothly" slides when oversteering. no jerkiness at all. best mod for the buck (got them free with my wheels... )
SOLD: 01 GPW Honda S2000
PARTED: 93 Pearl White 240SX LE Fastback w/SR20DET
SOLD: 93 Super White 240SX SE Convertible w/Silvia Front
HaLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 05:08 PM   #13
KingKong8247
Zilvia Junkie

KingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to KingKong8247
Heres the link to those washer subframe spacers

http://www.mindspring.com/~gulag13/Washers/index.htm

and here is a link to a discussion about them
http://www.240sxforums.com/forums/sh...&threadid=4768

I never was able to find out where to get them though so good luck

Last edited by KingKong8247; 09-06-2003 at 05:10 PM..
KingKong8247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 01:05 PM   #14
JRTurbo909
Leaky Injector

JRTurbo909 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by KingKong8247
Heres the link to those washer subframe spacers

http://www.mindspring.com/~gulag13/Washers/index.htm

and here is a link to a discussion about them
http://www.240sxforums.com/forums/sh...&threadid=4768

I never was able to find out where to get them though so good luck

Hey thanks. If I find a place, I will post it up for all you guys.

Shah
JRTurbo909 is offline   Reply With Quote