Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-10-2006, 02:15 PM   #1
92 TSI AWD

Trader Rating: (0)
92 TSI AWD is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 92 TSI AWD
s13 auto 240sx with an sr or rb

I'm if it's possible to put a sr or rb into an auto 240sx, because I was thinking about ecu programming fuel curves and so on oh and transmissions and just could somone educate me on the 240sx's i'm new incase you dident realize. Thanks to anyone that helps me out.
92 TSI AWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2006, 02:19 PM   #2
S14LVIA
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

S14LVIA is an unknown quantity at this point
if you get an SR or RB usually (99% of the time) it will come with a manual tranny. So you wont really need the KA one
S14LVIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 03:03 PM   #3
92 TSI AWD

Problem then.. I can't drive a stick unless it's righthand drive.. I have no Right arm.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:06 PM   #4
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
If your lucky....you can obtain a front clip with an auto tranny. It's very rare, but I've seen it done before (SR20 and RB25).
Old 05-10-2006, 04:04 PM   #5
ms!3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
ms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ms!3
yea you shouldnt get a manuel even if it right hand drive. youd probably get in a wreck trying to shift and drive with just one arm.
ms!3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 04:27 PM   #6
92 TSI AWD

i've actuly done it left hand drive but it's quite unsafe for other drivers, lol reaching to my right lol what do you mean by front clip.. the front part of the chassie with like.. dash forwards?
Old 05-10-2006, 05:26 PM   #7
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
A clip is a car that is cut from the a pillar forward. So when you purchace a clip it has everything you need most of the time. Things like tranny, motor, dash, radiator, sometimes bodyparts. You can also be lucky and get mods.
But I wouldn't suggest that. Because chances are that it'll be a beat down motor. So it's up to you.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:22 PM   #8
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
you CAN get automatic SRs or RBs, and they're typically cheaper too.
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 07:27 PM   #9
tre
Zilvia Junkie

tre will become famous soon enoughtre will become famous soon enoughtre will become famous soon enoughtre will become famous soon enoughtre will become famous soon enough
i'm scared for this guy. you better keep Power steering on that car
Old 05-10-2006, 07:31 PM   #10
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
one arm drift!!!!! Yea you can also just put a KA tranny on with a bell housing swap I believe. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:53 PM   #11
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
trsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
why not turbo the ka if you just want power? It easier to find a 240sx that is auto.. then turbo that car. That is my suggestion. or drop in a vq auto
trsilvias13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 09:00 PM   #12
92 TSI AWD

actuly i have a 93 cavalier z24 w/o power stearing lol just hard to turn when your parking or driving slow lol but keep these suggestions coming guys i'm learning and getting good ideas. for my future project
Old 05-10-2006, 09:00 PM   #13
92 TSI AWD

actuly i have a 93 cavalier z24 w/o power stearing lol just hard to turn when your parking or driving slow lol but keep these suggestions coming guys i'm learning and getting good ideas. for my future project
Old 05-10-2006, 09:45 PM   #14
Neejay
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Neejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Wow, Im surprised that no one has bashed having an auto tranny yet!

I've always pondered just doing a auto sr/ca swap...(since I also have an auto right now)
Neejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 10:02 PM   #15
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neejay
That'd be a little rude considering the guy has one arm.
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 10:06 PM   #16
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neejay

I've always pondered just doing a auto sr/ca swap...(since I also have an auto right now)
The man has one arm. how can we make fun? You on the other hand...

Just about every importer I've seen has had at least one auto SR instock. I assume it's for when someone blow's theirs. Just have to talk with an importer and get a front clip.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:15 PM   #17
Neejay
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Neejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles
That'd be a little rude considering the guy has one arm.
:hammer: Sorry guys, I skimmed the thread, but I missed that part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB
The man has one arm. how can we make fun? You on the other hand...
-_-
Neejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 10:25 PM   #18
jdm_s14_zenki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
jdm_s14_zenki is a glorious beacon of lightjdm_s14_zenki is a glorious beacon of lightjdm_s14_zenki is a glorious beacon of lightjdm_s14_zenki is a glorious beacon of lightjdm_s14_zenki is a glorious beacon of lightjdm_s14_zenki is a glorious beacon of lightjdm_s14_zenki is a glorious beacon of lightjdm_s14_zenki is a glorious beacon of lightjdm_s14_zenki is a glorious beacon of lightjdm_s14_zenki is a glorious beacon of lightjdm_s14_zenki is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jdm_s14_zenki
http://neotechimports.com/top.html
go there. call john, they have a new container to fill up in Japan, ask him to get you an automatic SR or RB, might have a long wait time, of course when you call, see if they dont have it in stock, or know of anyone that does...if all else fails, order it.
jdm_s14_zenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 08:02 AM   #19
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
The SR automatic transmission is the same unit as the KA (and Z32 NA) so you can just swap the bellhousing if you don't find an auto clip. The only drawback is the auto units are only good for about 300whp, and they're prone to blow out solenoids on the way up to that mark.
Also like mentioned, an automatic clip is generally a lot cheaper and has seen less abuse, much better solution if you're looking for it to last.
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:51 AM   #20
j00ni3
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
j00ni3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
idk if this is ok but ... here's a site that does this exact swap ...

hope this help ... it is relatively more expensive but hence you need it so im putting up the link

http://www.builtperformance.com/Main...Mlaborate.html

they do everything .... but because you are located in michigan... and the shop is around ny... idk ...

also bad thing is ... they dont' have a phone number which sucks...

but email em for more details if needed...

j00ni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 12:43 PM   #21
kouki_s14
Zilvia FREAK!

kouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kouki_s14
my boss has i believe 2 RB25 auto trannys currently at the shop. i will ask him if he wants to sell it when i see him. although it might be cheaper to find a clip with a AT already. if it comes down to it and you need an auto RB tranny, hit me up and i can see what i can do.
kouki_s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 05:39 PM   #22
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
http://www.levelten.com/store/import...ges/nissan.htm