Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 01:06 PM   #1
93pignose
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
93pignose is making a name for him/her self93pignose is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
nissan dealers flash 240 ecu's?????

jw if the dealeship are able to flash ur ecu??? there has to be a few ppl on here that work at a dealer, lmk plz

wat im tryin to get at is. if u swap ecu form another car can they flash the ecu to match ur vin
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2008, 01:49 PM   #2
awesomenick
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (33)
awesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
What? To match your VIN? What are you talking about?
Old 12-31-2008, 01:53 PM   #3
93pignose
Zilvia Junkie

93pignose is making a name for him/her self93pignose is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomenick View Post
What? To match your VIN? What are you talking about?

i know i suck at explaing myself but, when u replace ur ecu with one from another car. the ecu has the vin of the old car store in the ecu. wat i need to do is flash my vin in the ecu. so im wonder if a dealer can do this
Old 12-31-2008, 01:54 PM   #4
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

thefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93pignose View Post
jw if the dealeship are able to flash ur ecu??? there has to be a few ppl on here that work at a dealer, lmk plz

wat im tryin to get at is. if u swap ecu form another car can they flash the ecu to match ur vin
As far as I know, no 240 has a system like that. Some newer cars have a system where the vin number is embedded in the ECU's code and it can be read and used for anti theft and all that crap but I don't see how this is relevant to any S-Chassis. I would bet money that there's nothing like that on an s13 or s14
Old 12-31-2008, 01:54 PM   #5
imotion s14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
imotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
yes, you can do it yourself by attaching your jumper cables to your nipples.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:56 PM   #6
aNskY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
aNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aNskY
Quote:
Originally Posted by imotion s14 View Post
yes, you can do it yourself by attaching your jumper cables to your nipples.
only after they are attached to coils 2 and 4... you may need to put 2 sets in line so you can reach the ignition, or you could use a remote start switch.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:58 PM   #7
93pignose
Zilvia Junkie

well, y im askin this is cuz when i try doin a state inspection it ask to type the vin. i type the vin in wrong and it ask if ur sure that the vin. click yes print a big R. well i guess the only way to find out is to try it on my car come spring
Old 12-31-2008, 02:11 PM   #8
imotion s14
Zilvia Addict

imotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to behold
Your vin should be on your firewall.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:15 PM   #9
BoostedCoupe
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
BoostedCoupe can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Your vin is on your firewall, dash and on the drivers side door jam. A nissan wont touch a 240. They wouldnt even align mine. I cant help it factory ride height sucked.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:37 PM   #10
93pignose
Zilvia Junkie

dude, none of u must get wat im sayin. i know the vin on the bulkhead. but on most cars the vin is burn into the ecu. at less on the car i work on. but i just wonder if that how nissan did it.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:38 PM   #11
awesomenick
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (33)
awesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Are you trying to say the VIN is literally embedded into the software or something? I don't understand this thread.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:40 PM   #12
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
xpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
let us know what you find come spring then. this is news to us..

My YouTube Channel
Old 12-31-2008, 03:53 PM   #13
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The S14 OBDII ECU does not report the VIN.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:16 PM   #14
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

trsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to behold
Just to answer your question NO. /thread

240sx are old, the ecu does not have that kind of technology.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:18 PM   #15
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Thank you. Someone with a clue and the right answer.

A lot of newer cars have the VIN embedded in the ECU software but it's very new tech, Nissan didn't have anything like that back as old as these cars are, especially S13s.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
Old 12-31-2008, 04:20 PM   #16
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
How come my car doesn't have a door jamb VIN? I guess the previous owner took it off, but he did a really thorough job because I haven't even been able to find any residue or paint discoloration from it.

Last edited by Matej; 12-31-2008 at 07:56 PM..
Old 12-31-2008, 04:50 PM   #17
93pignose
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trsilvias13 View Post
Just to answer your question NO. /thread

240sx are old, the ecu does not have that kind of technology.

thank you that wat i wanted to know. i forget since i work on euro shit all day. oh, yea the whole vin burn into the ecu is A big thing if u want a sticker for a odb2 car. at least where a live the new parson system sucks.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:37 PM   #18
BoostedCoupe
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
How come my car doesn't have a door jamb VIN? I guess the previous owner took it off, but he did it a really thorough job because I haven't even been able to find any residue or paint discoloration from it.
89-90's had pop rivets holding the vin plate on the door jam. What year is yours?
Old 12-31-2008, 05:38 PM   #19
bo2o
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
bo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
they always ask twice for vin.
its just to make shure.
to do a test you type in test in vin. and do it twice. so they wont charge you for a dyno run.

^^^click^^^
Old 12-31-2008, 06:40 PM   #20
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedCoupe View Post
89-90's had pop rivets holding the vin plate on the door jam. What year is yours?
'93. I just hope it never gets me in any legal trouble.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:48 PM   #21
CAP'NZenki
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
CAP'NZenki has a reputation beyond reputeCAP'NZenki has a reputation beyond reputeCAP'NZenki has a reputation beyond reputeCAP'NZenki has a reputation beyond reputeCAP'NZenki has a reputation beyond reputeCAP'NZenki has a reputation beyond reputeCAP'NZenki has a reputation beyond reputeCAP'NZenki has a reputation beyond reputeCAP'NZenki has a reputation beyond reputeCAP'NZenki has a reputation beyond reputeCAP'NZenki has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CAP'NZenki
Quote:
How come my car doesn't have a door jamb VIN? I guess the previous owner took it off, but he did it a really thorough job because I haven't even been able to find any residue or paint discoloration from it.
theres a possibility your cars been repainted due to accident or who knows...is it an OEM color?
Old 12-31-2008, 06:58 PM   #22
randyjordan
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
randyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
people swap ECU's from other cars all day, no need for a "reflash"

sorry this threads a lil retarded
Old 12-31-2008, 07:08 PM   #23
BoostedCoupe
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
I dont see that you would get in trouble aslong as you have vins on your car some where that matches the reg and insurance. I got a ticket once and they checked the vin number on the dash but i had swapped dashes. The cop was cool about it and made sure the vins on my door jam and fire wall matched.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:26 PM   #24
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Technically its completely a federal crime to remove vin tags or vin numbers. If you get pulled over and the cop sees its not there? It will definitely peek his interest in looking at the other vin numbers on the car.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Old 12-31-2008, 07:57 PM   #25
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Technically its completely a federal crime to remove vin tags or vin numbers. If you get pulled over and the cop sees its not there? It will definitely peek his interest in looking at the other vin numbers on the car.
He's talking about the FMV statement. That only has to be there when the car is sold new. Just says it meets all FMVSS on the date manufactured.

The Main VIN is on the firewall. Passenger Vehicles have to have the dash plaque VIN(Post 1980).

Section
Quote:
(e) The VIN of each vehicle shall appear clearly and indelibly upon

either a part of the vehicle, other than the glazing, that is not

designed to be removed except for repair or upon a separate

plate or label that is permanently affixed to such a part.

(f) The VIN for passenger cars, multipurpose passenger vehicles and

trucks of 4536 kg or less GVWR shall be located inside the passenger

compartment. It shall be readable, without moving any part of the

vehicle, through the vehicle glazing under daylight lighting conditions

by an observer having 20/20 vision (Snellen) whose eye-point is located

outside the vehicle adjacent to the left windshield pillar. Each

character in the VIN subject to this paragraph shall have a minimum

height of 4 mm.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:12 AM   #26
rc1honda
Zilvia Junkie

rc1honda is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedCoupe View Post
I dont see that you would get in trouble aslong as you have vins on your car some where that matches the reg and insurance. I got a ticket once and they checked the vin number on the dash but i had swapped dashes. The cop was cool about it and made sure the vins on my door jam and fire wall matched.
Why didn't you drill the rivets carefully and remover the vin plate from the dash. Then go to Home Depot and buy a cheap rivet gun and some 3mm rivets and re rivet the vin plate on the new dash. Yes it's illegal but at least the numbers will match and no one will be the wiser. Your lucky that cop was cool, a lot of cops would of impounded your car and made you pay impound fees for as long as it took to sort the matter out, then you would had to pay fines cuz a mismatching number vehicle is illegal to and it's right there for every cop to see. Thats asking for trouble man i would fix that if i were you.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:42 AM   #27
93pignose
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyjordan View Post
people swap ECU's from other cars all day, no need for a "reflash"

sorry this threads a lil retarded
yea, well in MA as of oct 08 with the new emission system u cant do that. that the whole piont of the thread.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:06 AM   #28
yokotavia
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
yokotavia will become famous soon enoughyokotavia will become famous soon enoughyokotavia will become famous soon enoughyokotavia will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via MSN to yokotavia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93pignose View Post

WHAT THE FUCK?

This thread is the epiphany of failure.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:14 AM   #29
Teambadrun
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Teambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
On my SNAP ON diagnostic tool, It shows me what ECU the car came from Originally....

But you can't re-write it i dont believe, its into the ECU chipset?
Old 01-01-2009, 08:28 AM   #30
93pignose
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokotavia View Post
WHAT THE FUCK?

This thread is the epiphany of failure.
tru if u dont knwo wat ur talkin about, the ??? been answer by somone a few post ago. so this thread can be closed plz
Closed Thread