Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-27-2002, 02:13 PM   #31
Coldsun
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Coldsun is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to Coldsun
Drift Freaq- that was intended to be funny jus so you know, i do think that hondas really pushed modding though

crazycuban- Good point man..the domestic guys , or atleast some of them are older dudes, we got stuck with alotta younger jerks

FreakLeash 240- I disagree , what ever happen to kids jus being dumb, can't kids jus be dumb anymore ... hahah.... nah but i think your talking about the MINORITY of import "racers" cuz most of the people in the scene i know dont talk like that, hahah.... do you even hear people say stuff like that, or is that something your assume of them because of there style of dress or something else?

Basically, how you talk is the last thing i give a shit about, jus dont Rice out ya car
-Sun
Coldsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2002, 02:19 PM   #32
200sx
Leaky Injector

200sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, lets se here... I grew up in an import family.. VW's, Volvo's (dont yu dare say anything: it was an 85' 240 Turbo wagon, and it was hella fast!) So naturally, my first instinct was to buy import.  My first car was a Datsun 280zx.  Actually, I had 3 of these all together... here's the list so far of what I have driven:
81' 280zx (2 good ones, one parts car)

85' HONDA CRX (it sucked.  But was great on gas!)

87' Isuzu Trooper II (dont ask.. my worst mistake ever!)

85 Nissan 200SX (cost me $500, drove the snot out of it for 2.5 years.  The engine and tranny FINALY gave up this year.  Still runs, but is not healthy)

79' Jeep J10 pickup 4X4. (my first V8 > 360ci.  My god... TORQUE!  Pull the arse hole out of the world...)

85' Mazda RX7 (I put a 350 chev in it... it was a lot of fun.. and insane to drive!)

86' Toyota 4Runner 4X4 (this is my present vehicle.  Awsome 4 wheel system... patheticly underpowered 4 cyl engine... oh well.  It works for the winter!)

As you can see, I am not particularly "brand loyal" although I do REALLY like Nissan's, and dislike Hondas a bit (only because of the poser rich kids that dont know shit, and race around town in their civics)  I was considering a Buick Lesabre T-type for my next car.  Because it performs.  Problem it, they are also rare.  My friend bought a Mustang 5.0 last summer, and I was impressed.  I always hated stangs till then... but suddenly I relized, they make power AND perform.  Aside from the old Z cars and toyota supras, there are not a lot of imports that will throw you in the seat from a launch (I am talking about a completly STOCK car)  I can apreciate the urge to take a slow car, and mak it fast... a sleeper is just cool, and that is what I am trying to do.  I have to say this though:  A car is only going to perform as well as the driver can drive it.  I drive my 5000+ pound 4Runner right to the limit, and I know what it can do.  I have heard it said that "a good driver is worth an extra 100HP on the race track" and I firmly believe this.  IE: a slightly done Civic COULD smoke a 5.0 stang, if the stang driver is a terible driver.
 This is what "hot roding" is to me. (whatever you call it,   modifying whatever you have, to make it perform better.)  It is NOT bashing the honda, or ford, or the owners.  
200sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 02:25 PM   #33
Coldsun
Zilvia Member

Coldsun is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Coldsun
agreed
Coldsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 02:44 PM   #34
blades

blades is an unknown quantity at this point
personnally i feel the negative attitude comes from people who do mods to their car to be as flashy as possible. they don't know shit about cars and don't wan't to know, they just want people to think they can drive and think they have 300 hp when really if they did they would shit their pants, blow a donut in the road and end up ina tree !!
      Don't get me wrong i don't know that much about cars but i'm learning and i want to know more. i want to make my car better and learn as much as i can b/c i love cars!!! i try not to shit on hondas just b/c they are hondas if i do its b/c the idiot driving it has a v tec sticker on a 88 civic hatchback that has a 1.6 L stock engine.
  i also agree that alot of the attitude comes from spoiled kids who 's parents buy them an import then spend 3000 in mods. they have no respect (most of them) for anyoneelse car. But its been my experience that people who spend their own $ over time doing up their car whether it be domestic or imported, or even if they don't particularly like your car, will be respectfull and grown up about it (even if in their mind there thinking, "i can kick his/her ass") b/c they too have spent time and money on their wheels!!!
my 2 cents
blades is offline   Reply With Quote