Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-28-2012, 02:55 PM   #1
92sxMike
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
92sxMike is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looking to start building a turbo kit, how to go about it.

I been thinking about forced induction and I'm trying to think how I can get the best bang for my buck while still getting quality product. I've been searching around and came across cxracing.com: Turbo Intercooler kit 240SX S13 S14 KA24DE GT35 Ball Bearing

A friend told me about this 240SX S13/S14 DOHC KA24DE CAST MANIFOLD TURBO KIT+32" INTERCOOLER+PIPING 10 PCS | eBay

But I'd really like to stay away from buying cheap product because I'm not looking to rebuild my motor just yet.. I am not sure if I should start with something a bit cheaper and then upgrade as I go along, or just go with something nice and will not have as many problems with down the road.

If anyone can give me some tips on when looking for turbo kits I'd toss yah a high five in return. As of now I'm just looking for something casual with some extra power as I eventually want to get into an s14.

Also I don't want to get to far in so something I can still run with the stock injectors with a stock build. I know the ebay kit don't provide any turbo specs and I can't really tell what trim and if it's even a solid kit, I guess pros and cons on the two I have listed will be awesome.

Thanks- Mike
92sxMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2012, 03:04 PM   #2
slydin240sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
slydin240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
slydin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:05 PM   #3
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
First of all, don't buy stuff from ebay unless you're willing to risk your turbo exploding or something like that. Second, if you don't plan on building your motor to any extent before bolting on a turbo a gt35 is wayyy more than enough to grenade your motor. Just look at the stuff that comes stock on an SR and go from there. Maybe 500cc injectors, FMIC, T28, some kind of bottom mount manifold, and a tune would be "safe". Before you do that though you need to check your compression to see if the motor is even in a state to handle boost.

Also... this topic has been covered a million times, you're welcome. Search next time.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:17 PM   #4
nomoremk2
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
nomoremk2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ka-t.org
Read,read,read.
nomoremk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:19 PM   #5
hardparkd
Leaky Injector

hardparkd is an unknown quantity at this point
edit ^ beat me to it!
www.ka-t.org :: View topic - Sticky: DOHC Turbo For Dummies
ka-t.org is the place to be if your wanting to boost the ka
hardparkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:33 PM   #6
cbcm2435
Zilvia Junkie

cbcm2435 is an unknown quantity at this point
research, if you have to ask where to get started you are not ready to get started yet. i spend hours researching turbos and other peoples set ups to see what works best for my goals.
cbcm2435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:44 PM   #7
Imarvin240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Imarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcm2435 View Post
research, if you have to ask where to get started you are not ready to get started yet. i spend hours researching turbos and other peoples set ups to see what works best for my goals.
^^^ best way to go about it!