Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-03-2014, 03:13 PM   #1
91~S13~SR

Trader Rating: (0)
91~S13~SR is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
sr20det timing HELP~apexi power fc

new to this but here it goes i have a 91 s13 totally rebuilt motor.. i need to break this motor in before i have it dyno tuned but in order to that i need it to run and idle properly ive done my homework and cant seem to make it a happy motor..... car came with a apexi power fc now my thoughts are that the tune in it is garbage.. as car had bad cams spun crank bearing and a bad crank along with the 3rd cylinder was bigger than the rest.... all issues fixed and replaced i need to know if i can reset the power fc and run the base map it should have stored on it and break in my motor worry free? break in meaning in town cruising and no boost 300ish miles... then its off to the dyno.. so how safe is the base map for my needs? one more question does the power fc have a timing mode or is that only the stock ecu? warm car up disconnect tps rev 3k x3 set timing reconnect tps turn car off.. correct me if thats wrong plz be gentle im new and seeking help not sarcasm

Note: motor 87mm pistons, brian crower stage 2 street/strip cams, eagle rods, top mount precision turbo, front mount, apexi power fc, wideband, 3" exhaust, greddy style intake, and so on....
91~S13~SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2014, 05:52 PM   #2
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Was the PFC tuned for the engine prior to the rebuild? If it was, that tune is gonna be better than the shitty ass default tune.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 06:18 PM   #3
91~S13~SR

Trader Rating: (0)
91~S13~SR is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
yes pfc was tuned for the junk motor made 258hp leaking boost with junk cams and a bad crank.. i just wonder if the timing maps will be way off causing all my problems getting my car to time and idle.. old motor they had timing so out of wack just to make it run guy at machine shop was amazed and called just to ask if car had trouble turning over before we tore the motor out .. so leave the old tune and just keep trying to set the idle and timing...
91~S13~SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:40 PM   #4
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
I just dont see the current tune being any worst than the default tune. Do you know how was the current tune tuned (via commander or FC dataloggit or FC Commander Pro). If it was laptop tuned via dataloggit or Commander Pro, I would leave it alone. If it was tuned with just the commander, I'd jot down all the settings on it. That way, if you initialize it, you can always punch in all your old settings over.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote