Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-02-2014, 04:20 PM   #1
93SECOUPEsx

Trader Rating: (0)
93SECOUPEsx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation Nissan 240sx coupe engine problems!

Hey zilvia.net,
I have a 1993 Nissan 240sx SE coupe and I'm having a problem with the engine.. It keeps flooding every time it is being started and when ran.. this has been going on for about a month since I replaced the intake manifold gasket..

Things done to car/CAR SPECSREBUILT Ka24de, xxr wheels, skunk2 racing springs(3in lower), drilled and slotted front rotors infiniti q45 set up (stock rear brake set up), 3in (unknown) brand catback exhaust, 10k HID, pioneer stereo wired for subs, HUD, 200k+ On body,everything else pretty stock.

History that lead up to this problem: Anyways, car was having an idle problem.. Checked for vacuum lines couldn't seem to find any leaks. Decided to go ahead and replace iacv instead of cleaning it. Fired it up still had CRAZY rediculious idle. Up and down idle 900k-1800k rpm. Listened around.. Noticed intake manifold gasket was mangled and tore and hissing it was just a mess... Took the whole intake side apart( fuel rail, injectors, lines, egr, bpt, fpr, etc) and replaced intake manifold gasket.. Next day fired up car and it had REALLY odd sputtering, idling, and the engine flooded... Well, took ECU out and turned the screw and it gave me a code 34.. Which is the knock sensor.. So I ordered knock sensor from frsport.com and ordered a new knock sensor sub harness from wiring specialties... Got that shipped out to me put it on and fired her up.. Thing wouldn't even start.. It turned over but didn't start... Charged battery and tried again.. Didn't start.. Pumped the gas while turning it over and it fired up.. But then got flooded again. Pulled spark plugs cylinder 1,3,4 were black.. Cylinder 2 was wet with gas.. (NOW THESE ARE BRAND NEW) ngk iridium ix spark plugs.. Anyways but this flooding and everything with the car running really rich and weird started after I did the intake manifold gasket... ANY SUGGESTIONS??? In need of help ASAP! Thanks to all who have read.. I appreciate any replies and suggestions.. And just to let everyone know who reads this.. I'm new to forum! My names Cody..

Last edited by 93SECOUPEsx; 07-02-2014 at 05:02 PM..
93SECOUPEsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2014, 06:34 PM   #2
93SECOUPEsx

Trader Rating: (0)
93SECOUPEsx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bump. Any advice?
Old 07-02-2014, 07:29 PM   #3
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
try replacing your injector o-rings.

this thread belongs in Tech, by the way.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:48 PM   #4
Kallixtos
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (61)
Kallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really nice
Feedback Score: 61 reviews
To avoid having the o-rings tear. Put a light coat of oil on them when installing.
Kallixtos is offline   Reply With Quote