Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 07-10-2011, 04:38 PM   #1
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Anyone ever win contests/sweepstakes ?

Excluding raffles.. Raffles are legit, I've won some pretty good stuff before, especially when car events have raffles.

Also excluding contests that involve some sort of judging entree. Those are legit like the ones where you come up with the best design/anything and win by selection of judgement.

But what about contests /sweepstakes and drawings? Ones you enter online, mail entry or in person.

I have never won crap.
Old 07-10-2011, 04:40 PM   #2
Jaescrub
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Jaescrub is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have been told I won only thing waiting for me was a talk about a time share ha ha ha
Jaescrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:04 PM   #3
240o'clock
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
240o'clock is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaescrub View Post
I have been told I won only thing waiting for me was a talk about a time share ha ha ha
Same exact thing that happened to me
240o'clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:20 PM   #4
SlideStyle180
Leaky Injector

SlideStyle180 is making a name for him/her selfSlideStyle180 is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via ICQ to SlideStyle180
I don't think if anyone ever won a legit $$$ sweepstakes, they wouldn't even think about joining a 240sx forum. Just sayin.

On another note, a friend won 2 UFC tickets via internet sweepstakes, but did not include flight. He lives here in Cali and flew out to somewhere in Indiana.
SlideStyle180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:37 PM   #5
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I win lotteries I never played in countries I never heard of about every other day

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:13 PM   #6
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Me too... I have never won. But, if I did win the big one. I would never talk about it.

My pops used to buy lottery everyday and save the tickets. He had a huuge piles of lost hopes.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:31 PM   #7
omgRWDgoodness!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (48)
omgRWDgoodness! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP View Post
I win lotteries I never played in countries I never heard of about every other day
I thought the exact same thing before I even clicked on this thread, was wondering who it was gonna be that beat me to it haha.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:34 AM   #8
Prime
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Prime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I won a BS prize pack from L.A. Noire. 3 T-Shirts in the wrong size, a branded cardboard cup, some magnets, a flashlight, and some pencils. Oh, and a hollow weighted can of "peas" for stashing stuff.

Gave the shirts to a skinny friend, use the flashlight, the rest is in a drawer. Still waiting on those cash sweepstakes.
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:45 AM   #9
Ramonesfreak2010
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Ramonesfreak2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Back when I was about 8 years old, there was a contest on Nickelodeon. It was for a Jack Stone lego set. All you had to do was write your info on a card and mail it in. Couple weeks later, I received the lego set and a letter saying congratulations and that I was the winner.

It was pretty sweet!
Ramonesfreak2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 03:25 PM   #10
whiterps13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
whiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I won a pair of snowboard gloves from Neff.

It was a facebook drawing. Reply on their wall-post and you were entered to win. It was like 4 days old, had 2500 posts, so I figured I had no chance. I replied anyways.

I was one of 4 winners. People were pissed lol.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:59 PM   #11
Gizmo_S13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
Gizmo_S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I've won tickets to play Rock N Roll Bingo on the radio. I was 1 number away from $100,000 but this old lady beat me. FML...

Hachiroku, ATTACK! ATTACK! ATTACK!!!
Gizmo_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:16 PM   #12
Speed Junky
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Speed Junky is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo_S13 View Post
I've won tickets to play Rock N Roll Bingo on the radio. I was 1 number away from $100,000 but this old lady beat me. FML...
Why is it that old people always win?

I won $405 at a bar 3 weeks ago, one of those 50 cent gamble cards you do, match them like a slot machine.

And I almost won the lotto last week, 3 numbers off but my numbers were really close
Speed Junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:37 PM   #13
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I won a 50 dollar ABC FD3s RC body when I raced on-road RC sedan up in the O.C. Pretty sweet.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:48 PM   #14
zspeedrft
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (54)
zspeedrft is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
i recently won a 3 night stay at the MGM in Vegas...prize consisted of: private jet for 8 of my closest friends and myslef, limo picked us up at the airport, full bottle service at an exclusive club,1,000 bucks cash to gamble, free dinners at the restaurants of my choice,all came with my own private security and hostess..stayed in a 4 bedroom suite..pretty much a baller weekend!...all because i filled out some survey they emailed me..i didnt even know it was a contest..
Old 07-12-2011, 06:35 PM   #15
Bambi
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
Bambi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zspeedrft View Post
i recently won a 3 night stay at the MGM in Vegas...prize consisted of: private jet for 8 of my closest friends and myslef, limo picked us up at the airport, full bottle service at an exclusive club,1,000 bucks cash to gamble, free dinners at the restaurants of my choice,all came with my own private security and hostess..stayed in a 4 bedroom suite..pretty much a baller weekend!...all because i filled out some survey they emailed me..i didnt even know it was a contest..
Dafuck? Pix&Vidz or
Originally Posted by Frank_Jaeger View Post
It's impossible because I tried once. Took out 4 telephone polls and a girl scout concession stand. All the thin mints and samoas couldn't even be salvaged.
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:00 PM   #16
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
I asked my pops why he saved it. It deducts the tax from the winning when you win.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:09 PM   #17
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
My pops used to buy lottery everyday and save the tickets. He had a huuge piles of lost hopes.
Damn, this shit makes me sad & not wanna play anymore.
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:37 PM   #18
roboticnissan
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
roboticnissan is making a name for him/her selfroboticnissan is making a name for him/her selfroboticnissan is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I used to buy wwf action figures and won a drawing where you send the proof of purchase code in. I won a limited edition stone cold steve Austin
Old 07-13-2011, 08:50 AM   #19
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Not me, but a guy that I work with hit $200,000 a few weeks ago. All I ever win are citations from uniformed officers personally.
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:46 AM   #20
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
ive never won, but my nextdoor neighbor won 30 million in the lottery. it was split between 25 people. they ended up getting over 800k.

VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:46 PM   #21
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
wow some nice stories...

in 2008, i won 4 falken rt615 from a raffle at a car meet.. sadly those didnt last long on my car

back in 94 when i was racing r/c cars.. I won a airtronics radio, numerious bodies and motors.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:05 AM   #22
YellowFox
Leaky Injector

YellowFox is an unknown quantity at this point
ibuypower.com was having giveaway's a few months ago. Rules were you had to have their logo as your FB profile pic and fill out a survey. I won myself a copy of Microsoft Office 2010. But didn't receive it 'cause I was too late to reply and claim it . So it was given to someone else.
YellowFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:13 AM   #23
Robb
Leaky Injector

Robb is an unknown quantity at this point
I won a propane grill from a bank once...

When I was six.