Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:16 PM   #541
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Move. My range is modern, all concerte outdoors with full cover and is only $4 a shooter all day.
Wow. Some kind of utopia. The 2 ranges around me are indoor and 20/hour. I go to a friends land where we have a range set up out to 250 yards with 8" steel plates spread through out. Unfortunately I'm not able to get together with him and get out there much
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2012, 08:43 PM   #542
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Why does a non-profesional racer need more then 80 horse power in his car?

So because there are street racers and drunk drivers - should none of us be allowed to own cars?
You didn't catch my edit. I said cool factor is okay. But to answer your questions, pro or not racer, you're still a racer. more than 80hp is not just to be cool. You would want as much as you can handle, without breaking the rules ofcourse..I never said you shouldn't have that many mags.
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:28 AM   #543
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyles1988 View Post
Wow. Some kind of utopia. The 2 ranges around me are indoor and 20/hour. I go to a friends land where we have a range set up out to 250 yards with 8" steel plates spread through out. Unfortunately I'm not able to get together with him and get out there much

Kingbury, check it out. CCW required for pistol range.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:00 AM   #544
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNG704 View Post
You didn't catch my edit. I said cool factor is okay. But to answer your questions, pro or not racer, you're still a racer. more than 80hp is not just to be cool. You would want as much as you can handle, without breaking the rules ofcourse..I never said you shouldn't have that many mags.
You are still missing the point.

When someone gets drunk and kills a car full of kids people don’t immediately start screaming “BAN CARS! Kids should not be in Cars! Make Cars Safer! God Damn Ford getting rich off of death and mayhem”. *People are able to understand it’s not the car, but the drunk driver.

Just like when someone is speed racing and wrecks people don’t start questioning why Ford is selling 400hp cars and why dealers are pushing these environmentally devastating gas guzzlers. *The EPA is not on Ziliva secretly monitoring IP addresses looking for people doing engine swaps and modifying their cars – even though such endeavors are technically federal crimes. *And yes, the ATF is very much into lurking around on gun forms.

Now honest reason why someone would own 30 magazines?* Lets rattle them off.

First – Why not, ‘Merica, I can own what I want and as much as I want and it brings me joy knowing it pisses you off.

Second – Practical – as mentioned, some people hate reloading at a range. So I plan to spend 500 rounds*today, that’s* 17 x 30rd magazines. So if I have 3 different weapons, all using different magazines, I’d need at least 51 magazines in the advent I don’t split my 500rds.

Third – Fear. You have no idea how fear driven prices and buying is. As mentioned, people are raising pitch forks right now and enthusiasts are out buying up whatever they can in fear that they will never be able to buy it again. Some fear is based on laws, some on supply. When a shipment of Yugoslavia AK Mags hits the market, you never know if it’s the last… so while I only NEED 4…. I might as well buy 8.

This has played out time and time again. I once paid $15 for 4 AK74 mags and a pouch, now AK74 mags go for ~$20 a pop. So… had I bought 50 back then, I could have easily made $750 just a few years later.

Fourth – Collecting. There are thousands of verities of magazines for each platform. *AKs for example you have hundreds of variants, ribbed back, parked, blued, smooth backed, Chinese, Yugo, bolt stop, poly ect. Each with varies color options, plant markings, year stamps, *ect. Lots of people just want 2-3 of each and before you know it you have +400 mags. No different than collecting coins. *And when they pass another magazine ban they’ll go from being worth $20-50 a pop to $100 each.

With over 300 million guns in America and tens of thousands of enthusiast who one dozens of firearms – they are not the problem. The issue is a mental health one. There are mentally insane people in this country who once hell-bent on violence are going to carry it out. *Just like the average Mustang enthusiast or car builder is not street racing drunk killing kids waiting for their school bus.

Old 12-21-2012, 07:12 AM   #545
niscur29
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
niscur29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Makes it more fun in my opinon, then again I rarely shoot from the bench.
Yup I love showing up to the range with all the dudes with their spotting scopes firing one round (typically .22lr) from the bench, checking, firing another round, checking. I whip out the SBR put targer between 75 and 100 yards go to town never sitting down the entire time I'm there, makes a nice little pile of casing in the same spot everytime and makes clean up a breeze. Old dudes hate it.

FWIW my range is outdoors, 10 bucks a shooter all day, access to 2 pistol ranges, 2 shotgun ranges, 100yd, 200yd, 300yd rifle. If you reload there is always brass bins everywhere to help yourself from.

As far as magazines go, I don't have 30-40 mags lying around. I have enough 20 and 30 rd mags to make sure that what I want to shoot that day is already loaded and ready to go. I hate taking the time to reload mags at the range. Same goes for pistols always have enough to shoot what I want at the range. Now at home hardly any of the extra are actually LOADED. Just enough for what I consider "home defense" and that's it. I would never use my AR (still doesn't mean there's a mag or two loaded) in the house unless the zombie hoard was approaching. Too much concern with over penetration, family member, and neighbors homes etc.

But who cares if someone wants to own 100 loaded pmags at any given time. Its their right to own them, and I know where I'll run to when the SHTF.

HELL YES!
niscur29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:19 AM   #546
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
You are still missing the point.

When someone gets drunk and kills a car full of kids people don’t immediately start screaming “BAN CARS! Kids should not be in Cars! Make Cars Safer! God Damn Ford getting rich off of death and mayhem”. *People are able to understand it’s not the car, but the drunk driver.

Just like when someone is speed racing and wrecks people don’t start questioning why Ford is selling 400hp cars and why dealers are pushing these environmentally devastating gas guzzlers. *The EPA is not on Ziliva secretly monitoring IP addresses looking for people doing engine swaps and modifying their cars – even though such endeavors are technically federal crimes. *And yes, the ATF is very much into lurking around on gun forms.
It was a quesiton out of curiousity. Not to start a why and why not argument. And my guess would be that atf lurks around gun forums because they are meant to be used to destroy or kill from the getgo. Not that cars haven't been used that way.
Now honest reason why someone would own 30 magazines?* Lets rattle them off.

First – Why not, ‘Merica, I can own what I want and as much as I want and it brings me joy knowing it pisses you off.
Hey, that's cool. It doesn't piss me off. Sorry to hear you get joy from pissing people off. It merely tickles my curiousity as to why someone would spend $400 on some mags at once. I'd rather buy $400 worth of ammunition. But it's your money, do what you want. The "because I can" reply, though fair enough, wasn't what I was looking for.
Second – Practical – as mentioned, some people hate reloading at a range. So I plan to spend 500 rounds*today, that’s* 17 x 30rd magazines. So if I have 3 different weapons, all using different magazines, I’d need at least 51 magazines in the advent I don’t split my 500rds.
In my original post, I said "except for the shooting range." Meaning I get that reason. Might as well get a drum huh?
Third – Fear. You have no idea how fear driven prices and buying is. As mentioned, people are raising pitch forks right now and enthusiasts are out buying up whatever they can in fear that they will never be able to buy it again. Some fear is based on laws, some on supply. When a shipment of Yugoslavia AK Mags hits the market, you never know if it’s the last… so while I only NEED 4…. I might as well buy 8.
You don't "need" 4, lol.
This has played out time and time again. I once paid $15 for 4 AK74 mags and a pouch, now AK74 mags go for ~$20 a pop. So… had I bought 50 back then, I could have easily made $750 just a few years later.
So you plan to flip 'em. This never came to mind, but it makes lots of sense.
Fourth – Collecting. There are thousands of verities of magazines for each platform. *AKs for example you have hundreds of variants, ribbed back, parked, blued, smooth backed, Chinese, Yugo, bolt stop, poly ect. Each with varies color options, plant markings, year stamps, *ect. Lots of people just want 2-3 of each and before you know it you have +400 mags. No different than collecting coins. *And when they pass another magazine ban they’ll go from being worth $20-50 a pop to $100 each.
This will fall under the cool factor, which I've said to be okay. Like people have many different sets of wheels. But like my car, I have 3 sets only because I can't find financially sound to buy any more like I can't find it financially sound to buy more than a few mags for one rifle. I guess your budget is bigger than mine.
With over 300 million guns in America and tens of thousands of enthusiast who one dozens of firearms – they are not the problem. The issue is a mental health one. There are mentally insane people in this country who once hell-bent on violence are going to carry it out. *Just like the average Mustang enthusiast or car builder is not street racing drunk killing kids waiting for their school bus.
I agree there is a trend of killers with mental issues. Maybe it should be mandatory to get a mental evaluation before the okay on buying guns. Won't stop 'em but it will help.
Thanks for the broken down answers. Consider curiousity fed.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:31 AM   #547
bc.
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Thanks for the broken down answers. Consider curiousity fed.
I still can't tell if you two were arguing or not...
Old 12-21-2012, 08:34 AM   #548
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i'm just happy we all now have this guy's permission to buy stuff. because. you know. i was holding off on buying anything i heard the rebuttal.
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:45 AM   #549
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc. View Post
I still can't tell if you two were arguing or not...
I think he thought I was one of a certain group of people that want to ban ar15s, high cap mags, and the like. I may be wrong. I may have unintentionally came off that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
i'm just happy we all now have this guy's permission to buy stuff. because. you know. i was holding off on buying anything i heard the rebuttal.
i'm just happy you're going. to. buy. stuff. because we resolved that.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:01 PM   #550
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Quote:
Auto- as in automatically loading. IE: not-pump.

I think you're are the one that needs education.

Benelli M3 - no pumping required. $1,500

First you say "auto shot gun" now you're calling it "auto loading" how about you just say SEMI-AUTO like the rest of the world and be done with it.

Maybe you don't require education on the use of firearms, but your terminology is misleading.
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:49 PM   #551
DS562
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
DS562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
You don't "need" 4, lol.
Who's to say? Does a peacock need all dem feathers?
Old 12-21-2012, 01:49 PM   #552
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehundredoctane View Post
First you say "auto shot gun" now you're calling it "auto loading" how about you just say SEMI-AUTO like the rest of the world and be done with it.

Maybe you don't require education on the use of firearms, but your terminology is misleading.
Semantics. I just naturally assuming that we all knew there are now legal FULL AUTOMATIC FIRING shotguns out there and that you have double barrel (single fire), pump and automatic shotguns, which as you said, are really semi automatic.

Just like I would never call a "pistol" semi-automatic. its a Pistol, which naturally means magazine feed - a full automatic pistol would be a machine-pistol.

Revolvers =/ Pistol and both are in the broader group of "hand gun".
Old 12-21-2012, 02:44 PM   #553
BarrigaS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
BarrigaS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:

Who gives a big fat fuck? Some people call mags clips and drives people insane. I laugh at those people because who cares about something so small and stupid?

And when someone calls a shotgun auto-loading, who cares? For whatever reason, I see shops selling semi-auto shotguns as auto loading/loaders. I could care less and most of the population, as long as the shotgun works wonders.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:25 PM   #554
EnemyS15
Nissanaholic!

EnemyS15 is an unknown quantity at this point
I like to call them "GATS" ......
EnemyS15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:39 PM   #555
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection

my model 96 centurion.
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:20 PM   #556
driftracerx
Zilvia Member

driftracerx is an unknown quantity at this point
god damn it i searched everywhere for a ak47 , or AR-15 , the whole damn nation is sold out ... fuck
driftracerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:40 PM   #557
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftracerx View Post
god damn it i searched everywhere for a ak47 , or AR-15 , the whole damn nation is sold out ... fuck
Technically you won't find any AK47s anywhere, ever.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:50 PM   #558
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftracerx View Post
have you tried gunbroker.com?

@ds562, serious?
Old 12-21-2012, 10:45 PM   #559
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrigaS14 View Post
Who gives a big fat fuck? Some people call mags clips and drives people insane. I laugh at those people because who cares about something so small and stupid?

^There's your big fat fuck.

But hey, you guys call shit whatever you want. The difference in terminology either makes you sound ignorant OR makes you sound knowledgeable and educated.

Anyone wanna have a discussion about the difference between and motor and an engine??? There's another one that everyone gets wrong.

As you were ladies.
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:39 AM   #560
Corbic
Post Whore!

>
Quote:

But hey, you guys call shit whatever you want. The difference in terminology either makes you sound ignorant OR makes you sound knowledgeable and educated.
You can thank the WW2 vets for screwing up the terminology for conversational English.

Speaking of terminology, why are you not butt hurt by this threads tittle? Its not like we're discussing these....

PS: motorcycle, motorboat, motorhome, motorcar...all of these have gas....motors. I'm pretty sure you would not want to lubricate an electric motor with motor-oil as well....
Old 12-22-2012, 01:36 PM   #561
niscur29
Zilvia Junkie

niscur29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Shit bugs me too!

niscur29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:51 PM   #562
driftracerx
Zilvia Member

driftracerx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Technically you won't find any AK47s anywhere, ever.
Technically you cant say ever , I mean if i searched hard enough i could find one it just wont be legal ...
driftracerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:32 PM   #563
Motary
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Motary is making a name for him/her selfMotary is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Motary
the amount of guns in this thread is enough to win world war 3 :l
Motary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:43 PM   #564
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
Guns! My uncles and cousins have been collecting for quite some time. We just put on a new muzzle break on the ARs and good god, they're amazing. It's like shooting laser beams with barely noticeable recoil.

And if you've never reloaded, you wouldn't understand how awesome it really is. You can fine-tune your loads to react differently just by adjusting how grain and bullet.

SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:55 AM   #565
sky53line
Zilvia Member

sky53line is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to sky53line
Ive been busy during the time leading up to my deployment.

Bought some new tools and had a range day with my wife

Lets start off with the new tools.

Bought myself a new Sig 556 with Eotech 512, HSP thorntail mount and Surefire mini scout, magpul AFG and disregard the pressure switch as I ordered the surefire SR07 rail mounted one to replace it. Also go magpul XTM rails, MAtech rear buis and samson front buis, after I deployed.

Got my wife a Troy Defense 556 carbine for a Christmas present

and then I got a semi automatic silver eagle shotgun

and then some range day stuff

my wife playing with her Mossberg 510 mini

and my G26

And before some liberal says it, YES! This is all necessary. Because it's America and because we can.
sky53line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:17 AM   #566
BarrigaS14
Zilvia Member

BarrigaS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Anyone wanna have a discussion about the difference between and motor and an engine??? There's another one that everyone gets wrong.

As you were ladies.
Ah no way! Damn, I never really knew that...wow you must be the smartest person on the short bus. Thanks for the grrrrreat information. Now go clean your vagina and get over it.

Like I said, they only people that get worked up about it are people who have too much sand up there.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:25 PM   #567
bc.
Zilvia Addict

bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
^ you seem pretty worked up about him being worked up about it. So where do you have sand in?
Old 12-23-2012, 09:02 PM   #568
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
BlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BlackZenkiS14
Actually, he's not the only one. As a shooting enthusiast as well, talking to someone who calls an ar15 magazine a clip makes them sound stupid, and elementary to firearms. It's not that big of a deal, because they are probably new to it, and you have to learn sometime. But show a bit of respect to someone who is trying to teach you something. Consider yourself more enlightened and educated now.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:54 PM   #569
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
BlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BlackZenkiS14
Couple of teaser pics from my latest build, I'll post up next week when everything else comes in:

Old 12-24-2012, 04:26 AM   #570
sky53line
Zilvia Member

sky53line is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to sky53line
^^I'm jelly...
sky53line is offline   Reply With Quote