Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 07:01 AM   #1
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
Thanks for the links. Very doubtful its going to happen though. I don't see how he would fit well unless he swallows his ego/pride...its a gamble with his history, just look at his last few stints.
Let us not forget that as a manager of egos, Pat Riley is among the best, with 5 rings in LA himself (more on why that matters soon).
With anyone in this fold, they WILL be in line or heads will roll, they should know that before they come in the door. Iverson might pull the "retirement" thing again if things don't go his way... His Reebok deal is a lifetime one that pays him 5mil every year that he is in the league, I think he is hanging around more for that than any big contract or even a championship.
If he could piggyback on one at the veteran's minimum AND get a ring?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
After seeing the ESPN 30 for 30 on Iverson I've come to understand him better though and sympathize with what he's had to endure. It seems like he means well but sometimes he becomes his own worst enemy at times. Sometimes he is just a victim of the media. I wish him well though.
Stephen A. opined that Iverson's issues comes from the fact that his hangers on are basically just enablers that do not question him.
And we all know how on the hook Screamin' A has always been for AI.

Now, back to Riley...
If The Heat land more than one of these free agents, you can kill Erik Spoelstra's ass goodbye as coach. As hard-nosed as Riley is as a coach and effective at it, he is an asshole and a ring-hound. It was fucked up the way he used the media to get Van Gundy off his bench just in time to win a championship with Van Gundy's players.
Erik Spoelstra is NOT Van Gundy, so he is a dead man walking.

And I write too!
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread