Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Z Chassis

Z Chassis Technical discussion related to the Z Chassis such as the S30, S310, Z31, Z32, Z33 and Z34.

Old 09-12-2010, 02:45 PM   #1
Mistah Mofro
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Mistah Mofro is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tokico HP Struts-S30

so a couple weeks ago i got a steal for a set of Tokico HP's with springs for 180. I installed the rears and got a good drop almost exactly where i wanted it to be. On the other hand the front is a good 2-3inch inches higher than the rear, at first i thought the tokico spring was just that much stronger than stock and to test that i installed my stock cut springs (came with the car) and still same height in the front. I was wondering if maybe I accidentally installed the fronts on the rears, then rear struts in the front. Also dones the front strut compress more than the rears?

(Also i posted this on hybridz)

Thanks A bunch
Mistah Mofro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2010, 09:32 AM   #2
jtmny1999
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
jtmny1999 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Yeah they are different i believe.
jtmny1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:46 AM   #3
JZ33
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
JZ33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
how easy was it to install? i am trying to do the same thing but when i take off all the bolts on the top end it doesnt just drop down... did you have to take the knuckle apart? and for you, yes they should be different..
JZ33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 03:32 PM   #4
pallnet
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
pallnet is making his/her stupidity well-knownpallnet is making his/her stupidity well-knownpallnet is making his/her stupidity well-knownpallnet is making his/her stupidity well-knownpallnet is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Sir
Something you can do to get more drop on the front and still be streetable is to use 240Z upper mounts.

I did this for the S30 I used to own then I went back and used the MSA upper camber mounts for the front. This gave my car a little bit more drop in the front then the 240Z upper mounts. If you drop the front too much then you will have to relocate the control arm mounting point at the X-member.

Do not use the 240Z upper mounts in the rear because you will get a little too much drop in the rear. The rear control arms will be at a strange angle with lowering springs and 240Z upper mounts.

THE WAY SHE LOOKED, YEAH KINDA MAD MAX LOOKING. LOL.

pallnet