Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 05-07-2010, 10:05 PM   #61
dat411kid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
dat411kid is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Live your life like its your last....Who cares if 2012 is a blast...
Old 11-10-2010, 02:27 PM   #62
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I don't think the world will end, Bu the whole starting the new era/demension idea is what I am concluding From the the mayan indians.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:40 PM   #63
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellion240sx View Post
I don't think the world will end, Bu the whole starting the new era/demension idea is what I am concluding From the the mayan indians.
Sweet conclusion dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:58 PM   #64
supervenom
BANNED

Trader Rating: (11)
supervenom is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
The Gregorian Calendar is at least 12 years off. It is not an exact translation of ancient calendars. So, if it is not accurate, who knows when exactly 2012 is...
supervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:27 PM   #65
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
The Mayans do. That's kinda the point.

Their calender remains to be dead on with celestial movement. Scientist have just figured out where on their calender ours lines up. The end-of-cycle date of one of theirs happens to fall in December of 2012.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:55 AM   #66
az_240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
az_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to az_240
Uhh didn't the mayan calander just end? Like they didn't actually write anything about the world coming to an end.... the calender just stopped at that particular date and that gives people a reason to freak out...

That's what I read somewhere anyway.
az_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 04:15 AM   #67
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
The ending implies that a new cycle is beginning. A calendar containing the next cycle has yet to be found.

I would also like to add that most(like 95%) of the Mayan calendars ended years ago. Some of them as early as 70's. Others will not end for years to come. Only ONE puts the ending in 2012.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:15 AM   #68
D1champ
Zilvia Junkie

D1champ is on the path to ruinD1champ is on the path to ruin
There is also a concept of the great year regard the procession of the equinox. To clarify it is the solar systems rotation around the centre of the milky way which takes approx. 16000 years. So calendars are relative to a specific value, the chinese calendar is over 5000years old and the hebrew calendar is almost as long. Things change, including the earth....who knows...nothing you can do about it if it is the end as you know it to be.
D1champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 04:28 AM   #69
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1champ View Post
There is also a concept of the great year regard the procession of the equinox. To clarify it is the solar systems rotation around the centre of the milky way which takes approx. 16000 years. So calendars are relative to a specific value, the chinese calendar is over 5000years old and the hebrew calendar is almost as long. Things change, including the earth....who knows...nothing you can do about it if it is the end as you know it to be.
What's your point? I read that 5 times and I don't know what you are saying.

Not trying to be a dick or anything just can't figure it out.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:32 AM   #70
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
Quote:
Originally Posted by D1champ View Post
That's about all I could get out of it.
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:47 AM   #71
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
look up a man called edward cayce. he made predictions....one specific prediction talks about his "next life"....in which he was born on the coast of virginia or some shit a 100 years from now.

coast being that the rest of the west is under water.

now that's an interesting topic!
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 02:16 PM   #72
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

It's only interesting if someone can explain a realistic way for the rest of the north American plate to sink with out the eastern seaboard. Don't say rising sea levels because the most of the east coast is lower elevation than the rest of the continent.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:26 PM   #73
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0rbladez909 View Post
Sweet conclusion dude
lol. read up on some of this

2012 phenomenon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

it has to dfo with interconnectedness, waking up of a new conciousness. EX: realizing that the bp spill is an eye opener to look for other resources instead of raping mother earth. see? it starts a new era where we are ssupposed to "wake up" if not we will end this planet on our own. It's been so long since I have read what i'm trying to remember. but that is the jist of it.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:43 PM   #74
20 til 3
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Its not only the Mayans that believe 2012 would be the end... there are Tons of ancient tribes that believed the same thing... although they would have never been able to "consult" with the Mayans because of there locations(all over the planet) and the different time's they lived in.

i hope something happens, it would teach us a lesson.
20 til 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:08 PM   #75
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

When nothing happens I will just laugh in the faces of all the Y2k/niberu/2012 jackasses.

If you want to change the world it starts and ends with yourself.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:15 PM   #76
CleanAndLegit
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
CleanAndLegit is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
When nothing happens I will just laugh in the faces of all the Y2k/niberu/2012 jackasses.

thiss man is a genius
Old 12-22-2010, 11:22 PM   #77
BURSTspeed
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
BURSTspeed is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
When the major fault line in illinois (that hasnt done much of anything at all lol) causes a major earthquake ill kinda think something crazy is going on.

And yeah the Mayan calendar stops at 2012. The guy could have died. And the Mayans got wiped out so that (which is still death) could be the cause of the ending of the calendar. And maybe he just got bored.

Does any1 ever think to yourself "why am i living during the supposed end of time. Was i sent to live during this time for a purpose." I like deep bizarre pointless thinking.
BURSTspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 11:55 PM   #78
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

I was going to try and explain again what the Mayan calendar really is but fuck it.

Figure it out:
Maya calendar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mesoamerican Long Count calendar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 12-23-2010, 04:51 AM   #79
speeddream
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
speeddream is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post

Ok, so what are you gonna do when all of a sudden the clear blue sky turns red in the middle of the day with no explanation? Then the sun simply cuts out shuts off And Ufo sightings all over the world appear?
speeddream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 07:19 AM   #80
nismoracingsx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (32)
nismoracingsx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by speeddream View Post
Ok, so what are you gonna do when all of a sudden the clear blue sky turns red in the middle of the day with no explanation? Then the sun simply cuts out shuts off And Ufo sightings all over the world appear?
Go take the 240 for a drive, what else?

The volcanoes are interesting enough, but what I find fascinating are the rather large sink holes that have swallowed city blocks, cars, and playgrounds..
Sinkholes Appearing Around China, Chinese Netizen Reactions – chinaSMACK
Sinkhole swallows school playground in China
Florida sinkhole swallows car, endangers condominium | ksdk.com | St. Louis, MO

and of course the big one that happened...still waiting for the mole people to emerge..
Guatemala Sinkhole Is MASSIVE, Swallows Building (PICTURE)
Old 12-23-2010, 08:45 AM   #81
superbike81
Zilvia Junkie

superbike81 is an unknown quantity at this point
It's ridiculous that people think that the weather and earthquakes mean anything. The Earth has had crazy weather, earthquakes, volcanos, sinkholes, etc, etc, for MILLIONS of years. This is nothing new.
superbike81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:36 AM   #82
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by speeddream View Post
real quick, was this serious or sarcastic?
Old 12-23-2010, 11:52 AM   #83
20 til 3
Zilvia Addict

20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by superbike81 View Post
It's ridiculous that people think that the weather and earthquakes mean anything. The Earth has had crazy weather, earthquakes, volcanos, sinkholes, etc, etc, for MILLIONS of years. This is nothing new.

Someone doesnt pay attention to whats going on in the world? It has been noted by a large group of scientist that in the last decade there have been a noticable increase in disasters.

And if you pay attention to weather patterns... shit is bonkers all over the world.

just 2 weeks ago where i live there was 55* weather one day... and -12* the next. Thats not very natural and i cant event think of a time that it's ever happen before around here.

as for disasters... man get your head out of your ass and look around. Shits going down left and right and killing hundreds of thousands of people(this year alone) But I see that as a good thing.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:51 PM   #84
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

In the last decade they have just gotten the ability to observe more than just their own backyards. On top of that they've only been recording and properly observing for the last century or so.

@speeddream

You CLEARLY didn't read those links.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:15 PM   #85
superbike81
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 til 3 View Post
Someone doesnt pay attention to whats going on in the world? It has been noted by a large group of scientist that in the last decade there have been a noticable increase in disasters.

And if you pay attention to weather patterns... shit is bonkers all over the world.

just 2 weeks ago where i live there was 55* weather one day... and -12* the next. Thats not very natural and i cant event think of a time that it's ever happen before around here.

as for disasters... man get your head out of your ass and look around. Shits going down left and right and killing hundreds of thousands of people(this year alone) But I see that as a good thing.
Like kingkilburn said above, we are getting better at tracking and recognizing these things, that's all. Terrible weather and natural disasters happen every single year, just because we've had a few more over the last decade than the previous decade doesn't mean shit. You wanna know when there were BAD natural disasters? How about when Pangea divided? THAT was a natural disaster, a couple ~8.0 earthquakes here and there is nothing new. Yes, it sucks for the people who were in them, but for the Earth as a whole, it's a simple hiccup. What about the last ice age? THAT was a big deal! Some temperature swings that level out quickly isn't a big deal.

Let me get you a hardhat............

THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING!

THIS:

is a big fucking deal. The shit that is happening now is small time compared to what the Earth has seen (and survived) in the past.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:17 PM   #86
superbike81
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
real quick, was this serious or sarcastic?
Maybe he thinks the show "V" was written by Mayans as well. It's a prophecy for what is going to happen to us. I just hope I get to do that hot blonde lizard chick before they destroy us.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:23 AM   #87
20 til 3
Zilvia Addict

The fact that we can track everything more now days does make you think that. But they have been tracking shit for the last 100 years on a global level and things havnt gotten this out of control at all.

I'm not just talking about earthquakes and shit like that... i'm talking about global warming(what happened to mars if you didnt know shit) our climate has changed rapidly in the past 5 years. I personally witness it where i live.. maybe thats the problem
Old 12-24-2010, 11:33 AM   #88
superbike81
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
The fact that we can track everything more now days does make you think that. But they have been tracking shit for the last 100 years on a global level and things havnt gotten this out of control at all.

I'm not just talking about earthquakes and shit like that... i'm talking about global warming(what happened to mars if you didnt know shit) our climate has changed rapidly in the past 5 years. I personally witness it where i live.. maybe thats the problem
BS

What has happened in the last five years is normal. Large variations in temperature and weather conditions have been going on for much longer than the last five years, they were also much more severe.

In 1916, the temp in Montana went from 44 degrees to -56 degrees in a 24hr period. That was well before "global warming" was even considered.
Old 12-24-2010, 11:49 AM   #89
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Quote:
... i'm talking about global warming(what happened to mars if you didnt know shit)
Don't spread misinformation.
Mars' metallic core solidified and stopped rotating. This caused it to lose it's magnetic field which in turn allowed it's atmosphere to be blown off by solar radiation.

It's downfall had NOTHING to do with warming.

I don't even see how you could misconstrue that. It is a frozen planet.
Old 12-24-2010, 01:37 PM   #90
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
we're all going to be very dead before the earth is destroyed. i wonder how many times in the universe's history a planet has sprung to life, gotten some pretty good momentum, and then got nailed by an asteroid or whatever.