Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:50 AM   #1
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
I think you would've sold 5 cars these would've been made for before you got around to ordering center caps and lug nuts johnny! lol!
I sold those off because the coupe was definitely an impulse buy and my brother decided he didn't want fender flares on the hatch(the car was being built for him...personal reasons).

I still have my red hatch you bastard!

That one is never going to be sold.

I told you, the new shell was definitely a great purchase. Tons of parts, rare chassis, great condition exterior(no bondo!), and wasn't modified by another wannabe drifter.

Anyway, that was the end of my chassis swapping.

No more selling S13's. Haha.

How much did the coating on the wheels run you?

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2008, 08:54 AM   #2
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
I sold those off because the coupe was definitely an impulse buy and my brother decided he didn't want fender flares on the hatch(the car was being built for him...personal reasons).

I still have my red hatch you bastard!

That one is never going to be sold.

I told you, the new shell was definitely a great purchase. Tons of parts, rare chassis, great condition exterior(no bondo!), and wasn't modified by another wannabe drifter.

Anyway, that was the end of my chassis swapping.

No more selling S13's. Haha.

How much did the coating on the wheels run you?
I didn't get like a "hook up" but as far as I am concerned per wheel the price was very reasonable for what I asked.

I got a rash repaired which I cant even tell which wheel was damaged before now that I think of it so I am grateful for that.

the paint is a 3 stage candy with a very fine pearl in it, the darker the light the more the pearl stands out. it's rad!

it was under 200 per wheel for dis-assembly repair, the whoooole barrel painted and the faces candy apple red. Anyone else would've easily charged about 350 per wheel for powder coating and most likely would've not done dis-assembly.

(I think that hood I posted may be do-luck, still doing my googling.)
Old 12-20-2008, 10:15 PM   #3
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
wow this shit takes a long fucking time... it's now 8:51 I started around 3pm, still have a headache, need some godamned coffee!

anyway lets get this going...

wheels as promised in the sun, my digital camera sucks =(

well yeah, next time I show them to you they will be mounted on the car...

My girlfriend is a clean freak and made me put my mess away, and then decided to be cute and organize my workspace... I cant see shit here when the sun goes down so I will throw it all back into the middle of our loft. She's so crazy!!!

Wiper plug f7

o2 sensor plug done.

ground junction almost done.

ok done and done, ground, ground, iacv

all strung out...

so basically now I will put it in the engine, tape it where I want to further group the wire and use the larger size loom I have and slide it over these mini ones. Shit will never rub apart!!!

oh, picked up a nismo thermostat from a local cat today for 20 bones bnib, heck yes!

oh yeah, I wear Honda mechanic shirts while working on my car, 08 bandwagoner here! Hence engine bay sleeving, wire tucks and new driver stickers j/k (fuck those stickers)

peace.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:16 PM   #4
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
Quote:

peace.
I swear to god, if you don't post pictures of the wheels on the car..

Imagine what I could photoshop of you with this picture...
Old 12-22-2008, 01:45 AM   #5
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Wire Harness is Done... well sort of.

yeah, I really want to make the internal harness nice, but in reality, my fingers hurt, everyting with white tape in the finished product basically needs to be shortened to follow the path to the ecu plug, I'm all out of heat shrink and sleeving. Not to mention I also will be installing air conditioning on my sr... Bracket from codyace is on it's way....

Wont have much money to do shit to the car next weekend so i will probably just install all of my replacement parts at that point. Having a spare harness came in handy replacing a lot of the damaged wires (color coded) that I needed just in case of trouble shooting...

Drastically shortened my igniter wires, and since I didn't want to bend the blue and red wire I snipped it, and made it pair up into itself and sleeved it after wrapping it in electro tape and what not.

anyway I'll let the pictures do the talking, otherwise in the engine bay harness is pretty un-noticable, need to do the lower harness which should take about 2 hours, and shorten the knock sensor plug from the block. Then start planning out the fuse box relocation. First things first this thing needs to be road worthy again so after I drop the money with city tire for my volk formula gt lugnuts $$$ I will be investing in battery mess, and also figuring out how I'm going to get this ford fan running in my car.

Old 12-22-2008, 12:50 PM   #6
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by om1kron View Post

nice... .
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 06:47 PM   #7
EchaKqulo
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
EchaKqulo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What tool do you use to de-pin the plugs?????

Thanks!!
EchaKqulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 06:11 PM   #8
Farzam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:

oh yeah, I wear Honda mechanic shirts while working on my car, 08 bandwagoner here! Hence engine bay sleeving, wire tucks and new driver stickers j/k (fuck those stickers)

peace.
Are you smoking your thermostat?

I think a honda shirt is better than what I wear. I used to wear a baby blue suede FUBU jumpsuit and some FUBU hightops. Why? $10 at Marshalls, I think someone took it though
Old 12-22-2008, 06:19 PM   #9
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farzam View Post
Are you smoking your thermostat?

I think a honda shirt is better than what I wear. I used to wear a baby blue suede FUBU jumpsuit and some FUBU hightops. Why? $10 at Marshalls, I think someone took it though
HAHAHA I got a jumpsuit like that back when I was into wearing ecko shit! I cant throw it away since it was a present from my mom.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:41 PM   #10
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:

Hell Yeah,
FEBREZE !!!!
its like a washer machine, iron, and cologne all in one!!
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 06:43 PM   #11
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
Hell Yeah,
FEBREZE !!!!
its like a washer machine, iron, and cologne all in one!!
lol what are you... greek or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALAZ_68 View Post
why not shoot them White besides the obvious reason of them getting super dirty...but damn white with those rims would make em pop nice
I am just going to leave them black for now, and then figure out a way to polish the letters.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:12 AM   #12
JVD
Nissanaholic!

JVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfection
Quote:

That orange retainer thing slides all the way off. That's how I do those type of plugs anyways. One less thing in the way when you're pulling pins...unless I misread what you typed...
JVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:07 PM   #13
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVD View Post
That orange retainer thing slides all the way off. That's how I do those type of plugs anyways. One less thing in the way when you're pulling pins...unless I misread what you typed...
heh, I think I tried to get it off one night... I have my spare ka harness that I play with so it's like I dunno if I should be fucking trying to dismantle these things or not, so I'm just playing it safe, it gives me no trouble this way and I don't have to worry about breaking things.

and yes I didn't take the wing off of the car bro, sorry, have not been in the garage since tuesday I'll try to remove it this weekend.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:53 AM   #14
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Painted hoods FTW.

fuck CF.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:54 AM   #15
quasimoto
Zilvia Member

quasimoto has a reputation beyond reputequasimoto has a reputation beyond reputequasimoto has a reputation beyond reputequasimoto has a reputation beyond reputequasimoto has a reputation beyond reputequasimoto has a reputation beyond reputequasimoto has a reputation beyond reputequasimoto has a reputation beyond reputequasimoto has a reputation beyond reputequasimoto has a reputation beyond reputequasimoto has a reputation beyond repute
*nvm* delete lol
Old 12-18-2008, 09:32 AM   #16
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I must have missed this. Did you paint the wheels or powdercoat. I know one post you said paint.

If you did paint, how did you keep it from chipping when you mounted tires? I did like 60 layers of clear on my lips when I painted them and they chipped when I mounted tires.

The candy is dandy...

...makes me want a jolly rancher...just slobbered on muh collar.

Do jolly ranchers make anyone's saliva glands hyper besides me or am I just weetalldid????????
Old 12-18-2008, 09:38 AM   #17
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
I must have missed this. Did you paint the wheels or powdercoat. I know one post you said paint.
azndoc aka jack the magnificent, king jack, and whatever else he goes by these days had them refinished. Uses the same process on the wheels that most companies like work does on the inners of their professor wheels.

because it's an ancient drifting secret he would have to kill your famary if I told you.

Quote:
If you did paint, how did you keep it from chipping when you mounted tires?
Lets just say my mount and balance fee's doubled lol, they put rags on the base that holds the wheel in place and rotates it, pretty much wrapped everything they could in rags and treated the wheels like they were nitrogen bombs being handled in an enclosed bunker lol.

Quote:
I did like 60 layers of clear on my lips when I painted them and they chipped when I mounted tires.
I don't think clear makes much of a difference at all if the surface prep wasn't done in a certain matter, remember the lips on these things used to be polished. you cannot tell the difference between the lips or the centers because they had to rough up all of the metal for the primer, certain primers hold better to metal yada ya! whatever they used it was high quality stuff, too bad they don't paint cars lol.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:28 PM   #18
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
azndoc aka jack the magnificent, king jack, and whatever else he goes by these days had them refinished. Uses the same process on the wheels that most companies like work does on the inners of their professor wheels.

because it's an ancient drifting secret he would have to kill your famary if I told you.

Lets just say my mount and balance fee's doubled lol, they put rags on the base that holds the wheel in place and rotates it, pretty much wrapped everything they could in rags and treated the wheels like they were nitrogen bombs being handled in an enclosed bunker lol.

I don't think clear makes much of a difference at all if the surface prep wasn't done in a certain matter, remember the lips on these things used to be polished. you cannot tell the difference between the lips or the centers because they had to rough up all of the metal for the primer, certain primers hold better to metal yada ya! whatever they used it was high quality stuff, too bad they don't paint cars lol.
Didn't it break your heart to scuff up polished lips. I cried when I did mine.

Dood I'm all the way on the East Coast you can tell me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESmorz View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't excessive layers of clear coat make paint chip/crack etc... easier?

I've never heard that. If you let every layer dry it has kept paint from cracking in my expirience. I could be wrong though.

I did my lips and they didnt crack untill I mounted tires. I EVEN curbed one slightly and the paint just dented but no cracks.

Old 12-18-2008, 12:17 PM   #19
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
Quote:
If you did paint, how did you keep it from chipping when you mounted tires? I did like 60 layers of clear on my lips when I painted them and they chipped when I mounted tires.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't excessive layers of clear coat make paint chip/crack etc... easier?

Old 12-18-2008, 11:06 AM   #20
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Wayne's a jerk.

There was no wing to be left with Jack the pumpkin King.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:45 PM   #21
Om1kron
Post Whore!

sigh, I want to paint the willwoods... but I dunno what to paint them to offset the candy rims... chrome is too baller for me, as I would never, ever, EVER polish them shits! Maybe a nice nice black or what not.

bah who knows.

but in other news, no it didn't break my heart, I fucking
HATE POLISHED LIPS hope that clears that up lol.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:03 PM   #22
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Im gonna do glitter on muh lips, and no one best not bite.

Candy purple your calipers. Go head, be a pimp.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:08 PM   #23
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Im gonna do glitter on muh lips, and no one best not bite.

Candy purple your calipers. Go head, be a pimp.
whats funny is that I originally wanted to paint my civic si that dark amethyst pearl color and put candy red ce28's on it. Shit would look like an i'll eggplant or some shit!

but gunmetal grey, purple calipers and red wheels, a bit too much.

I'm thinking more of paint matching the calipers to the body of the car and having the letters on the calipers dipped in candy red to offset it. I mean it wont matter much anyway after a week of driving they'll be covered in a shitload of brake dust.

Which reminds me i'm going to have to buy some wax, like the good shit to put on these wheels... yeah, cause brake fluid and rims are no mi gusta!
Old 12-18-2008, 01:22 PM   #24
Johny5
Post Whore!

Johny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Johny5
hood looks like oem with masa vents on s14
Old 12-18-2008, 01:26 PM   #25
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny5 View Post
hood looks like oem with masa vents on s14
sigh =( I don't want to get an oem hood as I am not running a hood latch.

Guess I'll just stick to d-max then!

how is the fitment on your Daimyo boutique hood Stew? Other people said the hood fits like dick inside of another dick. And well your car says otherwise... I've seen a d-max s14 kouki hood in person on DMAXUSA's car at west co nissan and it looks perfect! I just don't dig that round open vent in the back! (no homo)
Old 12-18-2008, 01:34 PM   #26
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
sigh =( I don't want to get an oem hood as I am not running a hood latch.

Guess I'll just stick to d-max then!

how is the fitment on your Daimyo boutique hood Stew? Other people said the hood fits like dick inside of another dick. And well your car says otherwise... I've seen a d-max s14 kouki hood in person on DMAXUSA's car at west co nissan and it looks perfect! I just don't dig that round open vent in the back! (no homo)
Lol - just get an OEM-style fiberglass hood and get the BN Sports vent. Looks totally awesome. Then you could run hood pins, and no vent in the back.

Oh, and VICEROY IN DA HOUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSE!!!

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 01:41 PM   #27
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Lol - just get an OEM-style fiberglass hood and get the BN Sports vent. Looks totally awesome. Then you could run hood pins, and no vent in the back.

Oh, and VICEROY IN DA HOUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSE!!!
there is some thread I read on flow dynamics, i'm not going to run stupid ass spacers on my hood hinges to vent from the rear, but basically a pool of hot air will build up in the back of the engine bay or some shit while only the front half gets cooled really defeating the purpose of even having the front vent.

the d-max and daimyo hoods have rear vents and matt up to the hood hinges no problemo and without spacers, i'll leave cheap air venting tricks to AE & Honda drivers trying to look jdm.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:53 PM   #28
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
there is some thread I read on flow dynamics, i'm not going to run stupid ass spacers on my hood hinges to vent from the rear, but basically a pool of hot air will build up in the back of the engine bay or some shit while only the front half gets cooled really defeating the purpose of even having the front vent.
That can happen if you do use the spacers. Basically air can come up over the front vent and onto the body of the hood, and then get sucked down into the engine bay from the rear vent, up by the wipers. Since this air hits the (much larger) body of air coming in through the radiator, they collide and can cause a stall zone right above the engine/against the firewall.

If you do not run the spacers or a rear-vented hood, air can only come in through the radiator, and can only exit out the top (if the vents are spaced back enough) or out the sides of the engine and under the car - which is where the VAST majority of air goes, because it's the lowest pressure - especially if you run real aero, or a splitter.

*cough* Cwest is the only brand that's wind tunnel tested *ahem*

So getting a fiberglass OEM-style hood, and placing the vents further back than most vented hoods (so like the last vent is actually over the valve cover, instead of the first vent being directly above the radiator), you get the best flow through the engine bay, which is what you want.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 03:12 PM   #29
Johny5
Post Whore!

Johny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Johny5
i like my daimyo hood it fits good. but everything fits oddly on my car, its extremely totalled

riggidy-riggidy-rizep viceroyyyyyy haha
Old 12-18-2008, 03:16 PM   #30
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny5 View Post
i like my daimyo hood it fits good. but everything fits oddly on my car, its extremely totalled

riggidy-riggidy-rizep viceroyyyyyy haha
lol I've seen...