Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Old 11-14-2007, 04:00 PM   #1
ZilviaBot
Zilvia.net Bot

Trader Rating: (0)
ZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Post LA 2007: U.S.-spec Nissan GT-R huge performance bargain at $69,850

Filed under: LA Auto Show, Sports/GTs, Japan, Marketing/Advertising, Supercars, Nissan
UPDATE: Video of live reveal added after jump

click above image for high-res live shots of the U.S.-spec Nissan GT-R

Not only did we finally get to see the new U.S.-spec Nissan GT-R for the first time on these shores, but we also found out how much it will cost when it goes on sale next June in the States. Starting at $69,850 or slightly more for the premium package, this 7:38 Ring lapper represents a true performance bargain. In fact, with its twin-turbo 3.8L V6 churning out a healthy 480 HP and 430 ft-lbs of torque, this AWD supercar may bump the Z06 as the best bang-for-your buck when you factor in the practicality of its design. Fans of the new GT-R are well-versed in what they get for that money and can now see the undisguised face and tail in American trim. Carlos Ghosn himself revealed the car after we were teased with a quick animated trailer in which the GT-R led a certain German Turbo around various tracks and roads, seemingly without working up a sweat. That aforementioned Ring time certainly seems to back up the performance claims. Look for the GT-R in a select group of Nissan dealers that meet specific and stringent certification standards by early summer. Pre-orders will start in January, but we suggest you buy a tent and start camping out now.

Gallery: US Spec 2009 Nissan GT-R

Continue reading LA 2007: U.S.-spec Nissan GT-R huge performance bargain at $69,850
Â*
Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
ZilviaBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2007, 04:51 PM   #2
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
karl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to karl wasabi
OMG. It's at the LA Auto show??? I can't wait to see it.
karl wasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 05:24 PM   #3
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Heh, thats old news, the bot failed this time. LOL.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 05:29 PM   #4
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
Not cheap enough. Z06 ftw.

(oh dang here comes the hate)
Old 11-14-2007, 07:46 PM   #5
mayco_86
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
mayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
That thing is so hot. Might end up getting one. LOL
mayco_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:10 AM   #6
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayco_86 View Post
That thing is so hot. Might end up getting one. LOL
Do it Louis! Baller Status, sell the BMW.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 11-15-2007, 10:08 PM   #7
GoodOl'S13
Zilvia Addict

GoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to GoodOl'S13
little late Bot

Secret Society
GoodOl'S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:17 PM   #8
crazyikimasho
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
crazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
hahahah $69k before dealer markup

Rumor has it that only one car per dealer and speculation is a markup as high as $20k
Old 11-16-2007, 08:33 AM   #9
240trainee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
God damn, that would suck

not like I was buying one anyway

I'm sure give it a year and it will be a different story.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
240trainee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 10:37 AM   #10
Yuri
Ghost of Zilvia past

Yuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfection
Hmm. Okay, so say about 70k spread over a 60 month payoff.
That's about $1167 per month.
So every two months, you could buy a $2000 car and have some gas money too.
Soo, a GTR..... or 30 cheap cars spread out over 5 years.
Okay, what I'm getting at is that you could totally equip a Mad Max style army and take over a small town in the american southwest.
Your own kingdom, or a GTR.
I know what would be more useful during the apocalypse.
Yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 10:52 AM   #11
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri View Post
Hmm. Okay, so say about 70k spread over a 60 month payoff.
That's about $1167 per month.
So every two months, you could buy a $2000 car and have some gas money too.
Soo, a GTR..... or 30 cheap cars spread out over 5 years.
Okay, what I'm getting at is that you could totally equip a Mad Max style army and take over a small town in the american southwest.
Your own kingdom, or a GTR.
I know what would be more useful during the apocalypse.
That is if you believe in the whole Armageddon thing or are just a pessimistic person that thinks man is going to ultimately fail. lol. Plus if you do believe in the whole end time thing its not your place to guess or predict it. lol
For me I would rather not be here if that happens. I would not like to see society in worse dregs than it already is in . HAHAHAHAHAHA

On the topic of Justins rumoured markup comment. You fail Justin. You work at the dealer and you should know already know. Nissan has been being very careful to discourage and keep dealers(that do get them) from marking the GTR up excessively.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 11-16-2007, 01:11 PM   #12
Yuri
Ghost of Zilvia past

Yuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
That is if you believe in the whole Armageddon thing or are just a pessimistic person that thinks man is going to ultimately fail. lol. Plus if you do believe in the whole end time thing its not your place to guess or predict it. lol
For me I would rather not be here if that happens. I would not like to see society in worse dregs than it already is in . HAHAHAHAHAHA
I'm just too big a fan of the mad max movies, and then I saw this in another thread.

Yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:39 PM   #13
KwKouki
Nissanaholic!

KwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to KwKouki
shit, im down for being a road warrior
Old 11-16-2007, 01:52 PM   #14
tacotacotaco
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
tacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tacotacotaco
Strip the hatch off my hatch mount 50 cal. gt-r flys by 50 cals fly at him.
My road warrior army would have fastbacks as gun ships ranging from 50 cal to auto grenade launchers saw mounted forward for passenger. a couple armor plated astrovans to carry the marauders. and trucks for off road run downs. This vision for the price of maybe 2-3 gt-r depending on the arms dealers connections
tacotacotaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:55 PM   #15
KwKouki
Nissanaholic!

KwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to KwKouki
donks and LTDs........all day every day
Old 11-16-2007, 02:32 PM   #16
haggards13
Zilvia Member

haggards13 has made poor choiceshaggards13 has made poor choiceshaggards13 has made poor choiceshaggards13 has made poor choiceshaggards13 has made poor choiceshaggards13 has made poor choices
Send a message via AIM to haggards13
Quote:
I'm just too big a fan of the mad max movies, and then I saw this in another thread.

I actually really like this for some reason.
Not that I'd ever own it, but I'd definitely think it was bad ass if a friend had it.

I do like those c-pillar panels, or whatever the fuck they're called on a hatch.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:15 PM   #17
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:

Super BORO!!!!!!!

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 11-16-2007, 10:31 PM   #18
crazyikimasho
Nissanaholic!

crazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post

On the topic of Justins rumoured markup comment. You fail Justin. You work at the dealer and you should know already know. Nissan has been being very careful to discourage and keep dealers(that do get them) from marking the GTR up excessively.
Just like they discouraged the markup on the Nismo Z that happened? Granted that wasn't that much of a markup, it still happened. And don't worry we're getting one, possibly one that will be a company car as well