Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:49 PM   #91
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
Doesn't Polyphony tend to be anal with the details such as they way it sounds and handles etc etc. I'm sure it's not to the point yet where they would be able to create a realistic experience to the caliber they like to provide. Patience young padawon.
Nah, Turismo's sounds suck & they've had birth the ft86 & ft1 concepts as soon as they debuted. The Gtr & 370z are heavily used by the GT Academy. No clue why the IDX is being left out but somebody better dust off the Nissan hype machine & get it rolling. Toyota had turned hype into an artform!
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2014, 10:19 PM   #92
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
HOLY SHIT! IT DOES RUN!

Nissan IDx Nismo Driven (w/video) - Import Tuner

i THINK the NISMO edition is stick, listen to the exhaust notes when theyre moving the car around, it sounds like normal manual revs

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:29 PM   #93
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
HOLY SHIT! IT DOES RUN!

i THINK the NISMO edition is stick, listen to the exhaust notes when theyre moving the car around, it sounds like normal manual revs
Awesome find!! And look what the page says:

Nissan IDx Concepts Drive Details:
  • Nissan’s IDx Freeflow and Nismo Concepts drop by our HQ for sneak preview
  • Cars set to tour Southern California this weekend
  • Tour stops at Petersen Museum, plus Cars & Coffee and Supercar Sunday meets
  • More stops and events are possible; vehicles can be tracked via hashtag #IDxinSoCal

Zilvians in SoCal please get us some more spy video!!
Old 01-30-2014, 10:33 PM   #94
Kallixtos
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (61)
Kallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really nice
Feedback Score: 61 reviews
I'm gonna try and make it to cars and coffee on Saturday. I'll try and get some video
Kallixtos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:37 PM   #95
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by hscalixto View Post
I'm gonna try and make it to cars and coffee on Saturday. I'll try and get some video
if you do make it out, please locate a nissan exec and hound that person for as much information you can get! a few good questions would be "are you planning on utilizing the MR series engine with a turbo?" and "is this the new platform we should expect to see the Z35 and V37 Coupe being built on?".

Old 01-30-2014, 10:37 PM   #96
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
Quote:
HOLY SHIT! IT DOES RUN!

It shows the interior...
at one angle, it looks like the Nismo is an automatic (looks like it has an inline bezel), but then from another angle it looks stick, so idk.

But what about this comment in the article...
"The official company line thus far has been that the IDx will likely never come to production fruition, but that hasn’t stopped the automaker’s American operations from drumming up support to push for the thing to be made."

Seems like bad info or either a MAJOR bummer from what we have been hearing the last few weeks.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:40 PM   #97
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
if you do make it out, please locate a nissan exec and hound that person for as much information you can get! a few good questions would be "are you planning on utilizing the MR series engine with a turbo?" and "is this the new platform we should expect to see the Z35 and V37 Coupe being built on?".
Or "WTF are you guys thinking not considering manual?"
Or "Why did it take multiple petitions and online forum and facebook spamming before you realized it was a good idea?"
Or "for all of us enthusiast troubles, can we get a deeper discount?"
Or "What is the motor currently in it?"

So maybe all my questions besides the last one are a bit on the smart side... but if you feel the desire to ask, let me know how it goes! LOL
Old 01-30-2014, 10:43 PM   #98
Kallixtos
Zilvia Addict

Kallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really nice
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTER-M View Post
Or "WTF are you guys thinking not considering manual?"
Or "Why did it take multiple petitions and online forum and facebook spamming before you realized it was a good idea?"
Or "for all of us enthusiast troubles, can we get a deeper discount?"
Or "What is the motor currently in it?"

So maybe all my questions besides the last one are a bit on the smart side... but if you feel the desire to ask, let me know how it goes! LOL
Haha! I'll do what I can! I'm sure I won't be the only there with a list of questions.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:46 PM   #99
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Haha! I'll do what I can! I'm sure I won't be the only there with a list of questions.
Yeah, I am banking that it will be insanely hard to find an opening to ask a question honestly, and also that the person they send along will probably be extremely unknowledgeable anyway so...

Maybe you can peak what's under the hood though, that would be a sick bonus if they feel like popping the hood!
Old 01-30-2014, 10:50 PM   #100
Kallixtos
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTER-M View Post
Yeah, I am banking that it will be insanely hard to find an opening to ask a question honestly, and also that the person they send along will probably be extremely unknowledgeable anyway so...

Maybe you can peak what's under the hood though, that would be a sick bonus if they feel like popping the hood!
Yea as much as I would love that, it may be wishful thinking Lol. I'll be ready with a camera if it does though.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:04 AM   #101
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Yea as much as I would love that, it may be wishful thinking Lol. I'll be ready with a camera if it does though.
forget the damn engine, take pics of the suspension!!! front AND rear

Old 02-01-2014, 06:24 AM   #102
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
To reiterate my stance on the size. From motor trend:

Quote:
Even cooler, watching it being driven past a few dozen parked cars, I was struck by just how tiny the IDx actually is. Thumbs up to that.

Read more: Nissan IDx Concept 'First Drive' - Motor Trend cooler, watching it being driven past a few dozen parked cars, I was struck by just how tiny the IDx actually is. Thumbs up to that.

Read more: Nissan IDx Concept 'First Drive' - Motor Trend
Hell he even used the same word as me...tiny.
Old 02-01-2014, 07:03 AM   #103
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
I already posted the IDX's specs... It's about the same height as an s13, but the length is much shorter because the IDX doesn't have all this overhang past its wheel arches. its gonna be FRS sized, just boxy looking, which gives the illusion of it being bigger
Old 02-01-2014, 12:32 PM   #104
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
I already posted the IDX's specs... It's about the same height as an s13, but the length is much shorter because the IDX doesn't have all this overhang past its wheel arches. its gonna be FRS sized, just boxy looking, which gives the illusion of it being bigger
Yeah, just reiterating to the people who don't get it.
Old 02-01-2014, 02:36 PM   #105
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Continuing to look at Broadfield's coupe next to the IDX, I began to wonder if those proportions might really be right. I mean, the IDX looks smaller than a damn S13!

S13 specs
Length: 178.0in (452.1cm)
Width: 66.5in (168.9cm)
Height: 50.8in (129.0cm)
Wheel Base: 97.4in (247.4cm)
Ground Clearance: 4.3in (10.9cm)

Nismo IDX concept
Length: 161.4in
Width: 70.8in (66.9in for the Freeflow)
Height: 51.2in
Wheel Base: N/A
Ground Clearance: N/A

Yep. Way shorter and wider than an S13. Bodes well for the possible curb weight, especially considering how light a modern 1.6t engine must be. Could you guys imagine if the IDX was actually lighter than an S13?!?
Adding in FRS for comparison:

FRS
LENGTH 166.7 IN.
WIDTH 69.9 IN.
HEIGHT 50.6 IN.
WHEELBASE 101.2 IN.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:28 PM   #106
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Pics up in the Future 240sx rwd thread from today people.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 08:41 PM   #107
simmode1
Post Whore!

Looks like some of the Ratsun board guys are starting the come around. Here's some nighttime pics they took:

LOVE the Freeflow's tail lights with the Nismo's LED headlights...
Old 02-01-2014, 08:47 PM   #108
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Pics up in the Future 240sx rwd thread from today people.
http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/1...ml#post5547712

and

http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/1...ml#post5547735

Old 02-02-2014, 07:04 AM   #109
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Fuck those Johnny 5 headlights are dope.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:39 AM   #110
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Was looking up directions to Super Car Sundays. 70 miles is too much gas for me to drive for a car that I don't find very attractive. Sorry guys, PayPal is open if you want to donate lol.

Little by little the car is growing on me, I'm still on a turbo FRS or the new stinger
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:49 AM   #111
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^Until the Stinger gets confirmed for production, the IDX is my frontrunner. Even after the Stinger gets confirmed, its gotta prove itself to consumers like me. If it has a nearly maxed out turbo integrated into the exhaust manifold like the current Genesis coupe, that would be a serious detracting factor to me. Especially if Nissan is still using bolt-on turbos, similar to what we're familar with in the SR20's and even the Juke R's 1.6t.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Fuck those Johnny 5 headlights are dope.
Lol! I really hope they continue with the idea of mixing and matching front ends, headlights and aero... I love the way the Nismo lights resemble the illuminated versions of the blocked out headlight housings on Hakosuka racecars.

Old 02-02-2014, 09:12 AM   #112
future
Post Whore!

future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Why is that suck a big problem with everyone? Can't you just swap the mani and turbo? You guys do it on every other car
Old 02-02-2014, 09:16 AM   #113
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^I'm a big believer in the K.I.S.S. method: Keep It Simple, Stupid.

My experience has been 'The less shit you change, the less shit you break'. So I prefer using as much of the stock components as possible. Keeps costs down and retains simplicity. Less chance of shit not fitting right or breaking due inferior craftsmanship. I'm totally spoiled on the SR's ability to attach popular turbos right onto the stock manifold.

If my goals had outgrown the capability of the stock SR turbo manifold, I might feel different. As such, even if I were to buy a Genesis coupe, I would probably lean towards the pre-facelifted model just because of it's ability to accept bolt-on turbos in the stock position.

Granted, my HP goals are alot milder/modest than most on Zilvia.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:41 AM   #114
jamanrr
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
jamanrr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
As a previous 400whp s15 owner, I am down with this concept. I have not bought many new cars but this would be one of them.
jamanrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:20 AM   #115
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:

Granted, my HP goals are alot milder/modest than most on Zilvia.
I'm cool with it at the rumored 230hp. Hell I used to have a blast with my stock 240's at Auto-X. I co-piloted my friends heavily modified STI and it was about the same amount of fun as my stock 240's...
Old 02-02-2014, 12:26 PM   #116
simmode1
Post Whore!

Yeah, I love the speculated 230hp in a turbo car weighing around 2800lbs. The goal I usually aim for is 100hp for every 1000lbs of weight. Won't be the fastest around, but it would be quick and peppy. So, if I can get it close to 280whp with intake, downpipe, exhaust, and a tune, that'll keep me very happy for a while.

I don't know about you guys, but I find a mildly prepped SR'd 240 with a cheapie S14/S15 turbo making about 280hp to the wheels a whole lot of fun for not a lot of money or headache while still being pretty reliable. I try to be content with modesty by not getting caught up chasing high HP numbers and rending the car almost unusable.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:03 PM   #117
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Yeah, I love the speculated 230hp in a turbo car weighing around 2800lbs. The goal I usually aim for is 100hp for every 1000lbs of weight. Won't be the fastest around, but it would be quick and peppy. So, if I can get it close to 280whp with intake, downpipe, exhaust, and a tune, that'll keep me very happy for a while.

I don't know about you guys, but I find a mildly prepped SR'd 240 with a cheapie S14/S15 turbo making about 280hp to the wheels a whole lot of fun for not a lot of money or headache while still being pretty reliable. I try to be content with modesty by not getting caught up chasing high HP numbers and rending the car almost unusable.
Having owned and driven a 300whp RB25 powered S13 I can say that 300whp is plenty of power for a 2750LB car. It was downright a blast to drive and Sportbike quick. All these guys clamoring for more HP don't realize you take away reliability and drivability when doing so.

So getting a Turbo based machine rated at 230HP factory puts it in the realm of 300HP capability easily. It spells extremely fun to drive.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 01:15 PM   #118
future
Post Whore!

I think the turbo has you guys the most happy. Cause its easier to make more power, which i understand. But if this didn't have a turbo i don't think you guys would like it at all
Old 02-02-2014, 01:20 PM   #119
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
I think the turbo has you guys the most happy. Cause its easier to make more power, which i understand. But if this didn't have a turbo i don't think you guys would like it at all
100% correct. If the FRS/BRZ had a turbo, I'd be drinking that Kool-Aid. I'm not into turboing N/A cars. Seen too many blow up for one reason or another. Haven't seen that much with factory F/I cars.

The IDX just has the exact combo I was looking for.
Turbo? Check.
RWD? Check.
2+2 coupe? Check.
Lightweight? Check.

The only unknown factors that I still care about are the transmission options and engine particulars.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:21 PM   #120
future
Post Whore!

I just can't get past it's looks. Eventually it'll grow on me i guess. I'm just not ready to trust Nissan yet