Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-15-2014, 09:50 AM   #1
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
The Official 2016 Nissan IDx Thread

It's coming! Datsun 510 successor beats Silvia revival to production and I'm not complaining!

Nissan Confirms The Rear-Drive IDx Concept Will Go To Production

Let's start compiling the discussion, pics and photochops in here so we don't have to wade through the over non-specific RWD drive thread.

What are your thoughts? Excited? Skeptical? Blah? Will Zilvia need to change it's name? lol

Last edited by dorkidori_s13; 02-02-2014 at 02:06 PM..
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2014, 10:32 AM   #2
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
g35gabby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Till it hits a show room it is over no value IMO to discuss or chop. every time I see something like this and then IF they make it to production.... It is usually a huge let down when it finally arrives compared to what it "might have been".
Old 01-15-2014, 10:34 AM   #3
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Awesome new thread. I can't express how excited I am for this. I WILL be making room in my budget for one. Fuck n A.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:36 AM   #4
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Watch Nissan pull a fast one by making it FWD. I'll laugh even harder when each trim will all come standard as automatic. Nismo model will have paddle shifters though ":P".
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:00 AM   #5
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
hmmm very interesting and cool.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:11 AM   #6
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
I remember the last time they promised something compact, lightweight, and in this market, and then they released the Altima coupe.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:25 PM   #7
rvns14
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (18)
rvns14 is a splendid one to beholdrvns14 is a splendid one to beholdrvns14 is a splendid one to beholdrvns14 is a splendid one to beholdrvns14 is a splendid one to beholdrvns14 is a splendid one to beholdrvns14 is a splendid one to beholdrvns14 is a splendid one to beholdrvns14 is a splendid one to beholdrvns14 is a splendid one to beholdrvns14 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Nissan needs to make a business case for this sites are hosting polls.
Zilvians vote like Gray Davis your governor!
rvns14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:28 PM   #8
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
I remember the last time they promised something compact, lightweight, and in this market, and then they released the Altima coupe.
Yeah but that's gone now. They're obviously serious about it.

Side note. Had a talk with the wife and she's on board with me getting one when it comes out. For all the married guys out there they know that is half the battle.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:52 PM   #9
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Quote:
I know, right? I'm a little skeptical too. It's great news, but they could screw it up. I hope they don't.

Here are my concerns:
- Tranditional 6 speed manual trans for the Nismo, please. You can keep that CVT BS on the Freeflow.
- Please make more power than the FRS. 240hp from a 2800lbs turbo car sounds like a perfect starting point, kinda like the S15.
- Bolt-on turbo, please! None of this integrated manifold BS! Must be upgrade friendly.
- Refine the design but don't neuter it too much. I love how bold it is, incomparison to a traditional (yet beautiful) looking sportscar concept like the GT4 Stinger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Side note. Had a talk with the wife and she's on board with me getting one when it comes out. For all the married guys out there they know that is half the battle.
Ditto! Showed my wife and she like the IDX too!

But that was before the Stinger concept, so I dunno yet. I'm on the fence about these two. If the Stinger becomes real, it's gonna be real interesting when it's time to shop.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:05 PM   #10
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvns14 View Post
Nissan needs to make a business case for this sites are hosting polls.
Zilvians vote like Gray Davis your governor!
????? Gray Davis was the Governor like 11 years ago dude and he was recalled. LOL

You're not making much sense here. lol

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:43 PM   #11
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
So when this ugly thing fails will Nissan give up all hopes in this market for another 15 years?
1 88 U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:49 PM   #12
unwtdhero
BANNED

unwtdhero is making his/her stupidity well-knownunwtdhero is making his/her stupidity well-knownunwtdhero is making his/her stupidity well-known
If the idx comes out, it needs to come manual. PERIOD. Otherwise i will buy a kia, because i have a job and 149 dollars. Plus the stinger looks better and more refined imho
unwtdhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:13 PM   #13
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Yeah but that's gone now. They're obviously serious about it.
I also remember when they promised a new pathfinder, and then they gave us this

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Here are my concerns:
- Tranditional 6 speed manual trans for the Nismo, please. You can keep that CVT BS on the Freeflow.
- Please make more power than the FRS. 240hp from a 2800lbs turbo car sounds like a perfect starting point, kinda like the S15.
- Bolt-on turbo, please! None of this integrated manifold BS! Must be upgrade friendly.
- Refine the design but don't neuter it too much. I love how bold it is, incomparison to a traditional (yet beautiful) looking sportscar concept like the GT4 Stinger.
-6spd hell yes, but at LEAST a 5spd manual trans option instead of the slushbox
-240 hp from a 2800lb car would be awesome but i have a feeling this thing will end up like the genesis. 220hp and 3k+ pounds of piggishness
-how about just 240hp NA
-NOPE. Just manufacture the nismo idx with no design changes and point me to where i sign on the dotted line.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:29 PM   #14
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^Genesis coupe 2.0t has 274hp now. Where you been, man? It's not as piggish as the media makes it sound. Compare it to a G35 coupe, which has similar specs and the GC is great for the price.

The reason I hope for a 240hp turbo engine in the Nismo IDx is because the Nismo Sentra at TAS and the Detroit Auto show was running the same proposed engine - the 1.8T from the Juke beefed up with a bigger turbo.

I can't understand any reason why they'd give the Nismo IDx less power than the Nismo Sentra, especially if they're running the same motor...

As for the 5spd manual... Shit... I can't remember the last time I saw a new car running a 5spd. 2007, maybe? Nissan could save money by recycling the 370Z's 6spd mated to the 1.8T. At least we know that trans is tested and should stand up to any abused the dinky 1.8T could throw at it.

Now, where are you getting the idea that Nissan can produce a small displacement engine capable of making 240hp N/A?! This ain't Honda. And I, for one, have ZERO interest in an N/A IDX.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:34 PM   #15
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
I also remember when they promised a new pathfinder, and then they gave us this
Yeah, and your point? They gave us a FAR more competitive vehicle then the outgoing Pathfinder. I also happen to like it better than the previous model. A friend of mine had one and it felt like a two decade old vehicle (which it pretty much was). I also just bought a 2014 Pathfinder and the thing is awesome.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:51 PM   #16
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
It looks like the rouge!!
supersayianjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:56 PM   #17
simmode1
Post Whore!

Yo. More IDx and less CUV talk.

Can somebody photoshop the Freeflow as one solid color, please?!?
Old 01-15-2014, 06:18 PM   #18
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersayianjim View Post
It looks like the rouge!!
You mean the Rouge looks like it since the Pathfinder is on its second model year and the new Rouge just came out last month.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:56 AM   #19
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Yo. More IDx and less CUV talk.

Can somebody photoshop the Freeflow as one solid color, please?!?
This.

I will give Nissan the benefit of the doubt. They are not stupid. They realize how popular the FRS and BRZ is. What Andy said about those cars being mid life crisis cars I at first just lauged off. This morning I saw a BRZ. As I drove by it was a middle aged man behind the wheel who looked old enough to be my dad.

Point being it seems they may know what they are talking about. With everyone clamoring for a turbo 4, I cannot seem them making it NA.

I honestly don't see it being CVT either. The Z34 is still manual. The GTR is double clutch sure, but that is a super car thing. I don't think they would bring paddle shifters to the low end sports car. Yea I know the Maxima and other cars are, but they are also sedans.

Honestly I am more concerned about the 1.8 engine. I don't want a 1.8. I want a 2.0-2.5L. I highly dobut they will do 2.5, but I am hoping for at least two.

Lastly I am also going to keep an eye on the BRZ/FRS. If Nissan drops a production model with a turbo I cannot see them sitting idly by. 2016 seems like it will be a really good year for cars.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:42 AM   #20
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
This.

I will give Nissan the benefit of the doubt. They are not stupid. They realize how popular the FRS and BRZ is. What Andy said about those cars being mid life crisis cars I at first just lauged off. This morning I saw a BRZ. As I drove by it was a middle aged man behind the wheel who looked old enough to be my dad.

Point being it seems they may know what they are talking about. With everyone clamoring for a turbo 4, I cannot seem them making it NA.

I honestly don't see it being CVT either. The Z34 is still manual. The GTR is double clutch sure, but that is a super car thing. I don't think they would bring paddle shifters to the low end sports car. Yea I know the Maxima and other cars are, but they are also sedans.

Honestly I am more concerned about the 1.8 engine. I don't want a 1.8. I want a 2.0-2.5L. I highly dobut they will do 2.5, but I am hoping for at least two.

Lastly I am also going to keep an eye on the BRZ/FRS. If Nissan drops a production model with a turbo I cannot see them sitting idly by. 2016 seems like it will be a really good year for cars.
Toyota has been testing superchargers and turbos on the FA-20, Subaru has been chomping at the bit to boost it but Toyota is like "Chill, we own this market for now."

I'm excited if the kia and nissan can deliver over 250hp sub 28,000 lbs for mid $20k's. But they are still ugly as sin
1 88 U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:07 AM   #21
Frank_Jaeger
Zilvia FREAK!

Frank_Jaeger is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 88 U View Post
Toyota has been testing superchargers and turbos on the FA-20, Subaru has been chomping at the bit to boost it but Toyota is like "Chill, we own this market for now."

I'm excited if the kia and nissan can deliver over 250hp sub 28,000 lbs for mid $20k's. But they are still ugly as sin
Holy hell.
Frank_Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:08 AM   #22
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^Lol... epic typo.
Quote:

There seem to be conflicting reports on whether there IDX is slated for a 1.5, 1.6 or 1.8 engines (both with and without turbo depending on which version you buy).

I searched around a bit and saw that the Nismo Juke R runs a 1.6t for a max of 197hp from the factory. The Nismo Sentra at TAS/Detroit autoshow is powered by some 1.8t that I haven't been able to identify, which makes 240hp & 240lbs/ft of torque.

I don't know if that 1.8t is a bored/stroked version of the Juke's 1.6t, but I'm fine with that 1.8t's specs from the Sentra being used for the IDX. Seems like a good foundation for the Nismo. I'd love a 2.5t, but I don't think it fits the character or heritage of a car like the IDX. Kinda similar to even how the FRS is underpowered, the engine still fits the 86's character & heritage.

They may have to throw heritage out the window though, if the Stinger is released at the same price. Nissan is gonna need to step up it's game if that happens because even 240hp ain't gonna be enough.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:55 AM   #23
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
^^^Lol... epic typo.

There seem to be conflicting reports on whether there IDX is slated for a 1.5, 1.6 or 1.8 engines (both with and without turbo depending on which version you buy).

I searched around a bit and saw that the Nismo Juke R runs a 1.6t for a max of 197hp from the factory. The Nismo Sentra at TAS/Detroit autoshow is powered by some 1.8t that I haven't been able to identify, which makes 240hp & 240lbs/ft of torque.

I don't know if that 1.8t is a bored/stroked version of the Juke's 1.6t, but I'm fine with that 1.8t's specs from the Sentra being used for the IDX. Seems like a good foundation for the Nismo. I'd love a 2.5t, but I don't think it fits the character or heritage of a car like the IDX. Kinda similar to even how the FRS is underpowered, the engine still fits the 86's character & heritage.

They may have to throw heritage out the window though, if the Stinger is released at the same price. Nissan is gonna need to step up it's game if that happens because even 240hp ain't gonna be enough.
I'll admit it is impressive 240hp out of a 1.8T factory. Thing is later down the road when people want to step it up to 300-400hp, how is it going to be? I figured if they could do it in 1989 with an SR why not todays world too? Think about it. A direct injected 2.0 making 280hp can becomprable to the I4 Mustang and this Kia if the idx has the same or better power to weight ratio.

They can make it a good handling chassis with room for improvement. Nissan could even partner with certain companies for dealer installed, warranted mods. Like a greddy or Nismo FMIC, exhaust, turbo upgrade later down the road etc.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:30 AM   #24
240sxcure
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
240sxcure is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I'd rather Nissan keep the weight down and under-power the car with a well sorted chassis.

Just allow the engine to produce some more power easily.
240sxcure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:35 AM   #25
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Fuck it, this thread is useless without pics

Sign me up for a new dime!
Old 01-16-2014, 11:56 AM   #26
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
I'll admit it is impressive 240hp out of a 1.8T factory. Thing is later down the road when people want to step it up to 300-400hp, how is it going to be? I figured if they could do it in 1989 with an SR why not todays world too? Think about it. A direct injected 2.0 making 280hp can becomprable to the I4 Mustang and this Kia if the idx has the same or better power to weight ratio.

They can make it a good handling chassis with room for improvement. Nissan could even partner with certain companies for dealer installed, warranted mods. Like a greddy or Nismo FMIC, exhaust, turbo upgrade later down the road etc.
I was thinking the same thing too. How would the engine respond to upgrades... Not that the Juke guys are pushing the envelope or anything, but I've seen some 380hp stage 3 turbo kits for the 1.6t. I can only imagine a 1.8t being more stout and far more efficient than an old CA or SR.

How will it keep up with Hyundai's 2.0t and Ford's 2.3t? You aleady know: No replacement for displacement. It doesn't need to be the most powerful, IMO. Just gotta be balanced & priced/marketed right.

Like, I said, I certainly wouldn't mind if the IDX came more powerful than the Senta concept's 240hp 1.8t. The only reason I'm throwing that figure out is it's the only engine that makes sense to me based on what Nissan brought to the autoshows this year. I could be completely wrong on whatever they decide to go with. But I think the 1.8t's 240hp sounds alright in a car weighing a little less than an S15.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:58 AM   #27
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Damn doesn't look like I can get too close to it. I was hoping to peek underneath.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:00 PM   #28
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Damn doesn't look like I can get too close to it. I was hoping to peek underneath.
Those are from the 2013 Tokyo Motor Show, so the booth may be different in Detroit.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:23 PM   #29
Juantwo3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
Juantwo3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
i like the nismo concept of it but i would like to see this i would consider buying one. but i wish they brought the s-chassis back :/

i hope it has a larger displacement atleast to beat out some of the other 4 cyl turbos on the market now and i hope they dont change it last min it and make it fwd.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:39 PM   #30
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing too. How would the engine respond to upgrades... Not that the Juke guys are pushing the envelope or anything, but I've seen some 380hp stage 3 turbo kits for the 1.6t. I can only imagine a 1.8t being more stout and far more efficient than an old CA or SR.

How will it keep up with Hyundai's 2.0t and Ford's 2.3t? You aleady know: No replacement for displacement. It doesn't need to be the most powerful, IMO. Just gotta be balanced & priced/marketed right.

Like, I said, I certainly wouldn't mind if the IDX came more powerful than the Senta concept's 240hp 1.8t. The only reason I'm throwing that figure out is it's the only engine that makes sense to me based on what Nissan brought to the autoshows this year. I could be completely wrong on whatever they decide to go with. But I think the 1.8t's 240hp sounds alright in a car weighing a little less than an S15.
Damn you are right on the upgrade.
Stage 2 juke upgrade 315hp with just a turbo.

https://www.gtmotorsports.com/produc...cat=320&page=1

Here is 380
http://www.gtmotorsports.com/product...roductid=17560

That actually makes me want to see a 2.0 even more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juantwo3 View Post
i like the nismo concept of it but i would like to see this i would consider buying one. but i wish they brought the s-chassis back :/

i hope it has a larger displacement atleast to beat out some of the other 4 cyl turbos on the market now and i hope they dont change it last min it and make it fwd.
I am confident it won't be fwd. it is a 510 revivial. Everyone would be pissed.