Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 11-28-2014, 09:20 AM   #1
bmaddock
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
bmaddock is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Star Wars Discussion!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erLk59H86ww

What's your thoughts/opinions on the upcoming trilogy? I'm pretty optimistic after this trailer.
Old 11-28-2014, 10:15 AM   #2
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Like anything that has a strong following, the hardcore fans will publicly express how they do not like anything and talk a bunch of shit but still watch it over and over again like they did with the prequels. "So much CGI, not enough story telling, oh God Padme wants that Darth D, God the Emperor is so hot, etc etc."

The teaser really is a teaser. I know that sounds retarded but some trailers try to excite the audience too much by revealing some of the plot. Personally, I'm excited that the story goes on but I'm a bit skeptical about JJ Abrams...sticking to the Sci Fi theme, I wasn't a fan of Star Trek but we'll see.
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 10:32 AM   #3
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
I am extremely skeptical of JJ Abrams. I hate what he did with Star Trek. Too much damn time travel. It's not Quantum Leap, man... And his 2nd Star Trek movie was even worse than the 1st one. It does seem like he's sticking closer to the series roots for Star Wars though, so I'm a little more optimistic that its not totally his own re-imagining of that universe.
Old 11-28-2014, 12:03 PM   #4
Young Sileighty Kev
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (22)
Young Sileighty Kev is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Can't wait!! Only one way to find out if it will be good
Young Sileighty Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 01:16 PM   #5
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theronin
Had a mini nerdgasm when the lightsaber came out n looked like a broadsword with a hilt.

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
theronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 01:39 PM   #6
bmaddock
Zilvia Junkie

bmaddock is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah I can see the concerns from both viewpoints of mega-nerds and JJ Abrams critics. There's definitely a large chance of failure but from purely a trailer standpoint, all things look to be done well.
Old 11-28-2014, 02:00 PM   #7
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
The trailer looks awesome actually. I hope he doesn't ruin it
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 03:30 PM   #8
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Well, in the same way that Darth Maul's dual bladed lightsaber seemed wholly impractical to actually wield, I'm sure they've figured out some way to make that broadsword lightsaber make sense. But those stormtrooper helmets are definitely a new design. Makes me wonder why they received an update and the rebels are still rocking ancient X-Wings.
Old 11-28-2014, 04:15 PM   #9
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theronin
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Well, in the same way that Darth Maul's dual bladed lightsaber seemed wholly impractical to actually wield, I'm sure they've figured out some way to make that broadsword lightsaber make sense. But those stormtrooper helmets are definitely a new design. Makes me wonder why they received an update and the rebels are still rocking ancient X-Wings.
No, my nerdgasm was a good one. For some reason that just was so awesome to me. I may be in the minority, but when I first saw footage of Mauls dual lightsaber I went nuts. Loved the new idea they were bringing to the table.

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
theronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 05:05 PM   #10
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
not digging that lightsaber, kinda looks impractical to me. But Im sure it will look "cool" to some viewers and fans, plus they gotta keep bringing new material. But all in all it looks good, that bike looks pretty outdated but then again, it is on tatooine. Gotta love those x-wings, are you guys sure they're still exactly the same?
Btw, why hasnt an Interstellar thread been started?
feito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 05:29 PM   #11
simmode1
Post Whore!

As long as we're talking about impractical shit... I wanna see lightsaber nunchucks.
Old 11-28-2014, 09:41 PM   #12
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Teaser trailer has set me up to have extremely low expectations of this movie.

Lead cast looks like they are pandering to the Twilight teenage crowd.

Expecting a rating equal to that of Episode I.
Old 11-28-2014, 10:55 PM   #13
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 12:27 PM   #14
turbronegro
Zilvia Junkie

turbronegro is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
Teaser trailer has set me up to have extremely low expectations of this movie.

Lead cast looks like they are pandering to the Twilight teenage crowd.

Expecting a rating equal to that of Episode I.
Just a teaser. Definitely not enough to make negative assumption. I think it'll look good as far as CGI. And lets be honest here...the previous Star Wars movies all had terrible acting. All of them. It's the story of Star Wars, the culture, and the coolness of the idea of Jedi's vs Sith that make Star Wars great. Go watch the original movies, corny lines and and a cast where everyone looked 35 years old. Episode I-III had Natalie Portman <3, nuff said.
turbronegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 03:12 PM   #15
cjack300zx

cjack300zx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbronegro View Post
Just a teaser. Definitely not enough to make negative assumption. I think it'll look good as far as CGI. And lets be honest here...the previous Star Wars movies all had terrible acting. All of them. It's the story of Star Wars, the culture, and the coolness of the idea of Jedi's vs Sith that make Star Wars great. Go watch the original movies, corny lines and and a cast where everyone looked 35 years old. Episode I-III had Natalie Portman <3, nuff said.
^ this the acting in episode l-lll was horrible and so was the story line. Jar-Jar Bink's!
cjack300zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 06:26 PM   #16
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection

Teaser trailer done well IMO.

Not a die-hard fan, but I'm definitely looking forward to this movie.
Old 12-04-2014, 09:58 AM   #17
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
I'm just excited that there's going to be more Star Wars films. The whole mythology/world is too vast and detailed for there to only be 6 movies so far.

Probably some unnecessary over-analysis of the teaser if you guys want a quick read:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/...ailer-analysis
Old 12-04-2014, 10:13 AM   #18
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
That was a good read
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 10:32 AM   #19
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
The whole mythology/world is too vast and detailed for there to only be 6 movies so far.
Since Disney tookover, all EU material is non-cannon is not considered part of the true story, according to Disney....
Old 12-04-2014, 12:01 PM   #20
Z_Spool
Zilvia FREAK!

Z_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
I am extremely skeptical of JJ Abrams. I hate what he did with Star Trek...
I think JJ has a great bit of vision to his film making, but he kinda lost sight of it buying into the visual sci-fi imagery that every other blockbuster was cramming down our throats. (read: Lensflare mania) That being said, all visual choices aside, I enjoyed the Star Trek films, but perhaps that's because I never enjoyed the original incarnations of it. He drew me in to a universe that I had previously rejected, so he can't go too wrong here. Especially since, as you pointed out, he's working with a story already in play rather than a full fledged reboot.

Quote:
Makes me wonder why they received an update and the rebels are still rocking ancient X-Wings.
Yeah, the only thing I can figure is he's trying to lend some credibility to the reasoning behind them being used in the original trilogy and episodes I-III all having much sleeker/more advanced looking spacecraft. Just as kind of a way to continue to sweep Lucas' oversight under the rug, as it were.

I'm super excited for the upcoming movies, but less-so the exposition flicks we're supposed to get in between the big releases.
Z_Spool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 12:19 PM   #21
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I'm pretty sure that Lucas is still playing a big role as a consultant or something in these movies as well. He isn't going to just sit back and let someone ruin his baby. All will be well.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 12:24 PM   #22
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Spool View Post
I think JJ has a great bit of vision to his film making, but he kinda lost sight of it buying into the visual sci-fi imagery that every other blockbuster was cramming down our throats. (read: Lensflare mania)
Let's be glad we didn't see this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPuUiENIuPI

lol