Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-13-2014, 02:02 AM   #421
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
my favorite interior...LOTUS ELISE!!! No bullshit, just what you need to drive the car and listen to music...THATS IT!!!
Didn't know those had a cup holder....
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2014, 09:12 AM   #422
DPS14
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
DPS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_style View Post
Didn't know those had a cup holder....
They don't from the factory. That is the famed "racketball" cupholder.

http://www.sector111.com/parts/inter...arthholder.cfm
DPS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:48 AM   #423
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
my favorite interior...LOTUS ELISE!!! No bullshit, just what you need to drive the car and listen to music...THATS IT!!!
*img*
See that is a bit too stripped down for me.

I want a simple interior that does not look cheap. Like the FD, or S2000, S15, Alfa Romeo 4c. (couldn't link pics as at work and cannot resize)
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 03:37 PM   #424
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Trader Rating: (0)
kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Oh. You mean something like this?

I think perhaps we are so used to the S13 interior that we take it for granted or find it mundane.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:40 PM   #425
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
^^^Mmmm. That is a good point. Our interiors aren't too bad looking. Cheap materials aside...
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 04:05 PM   #426
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
There is a reason I'm looking to eventually have a full leather interior and brand new carpets and headliner. I love the look of the S13 but the feel has always left something to be desired. Such is the way of economy cars.
Old 02-13-2014, 04:11 PM   #427
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
^^^Mmmm. That is a good point. Our interiors aren't too bad looking. Cheap materials aside...
ill argue on that one. when you find s13s/s14s that have been well maintained, the interior holds up extremely well to 20 years worth of being exposed to the elements and cooked by the sun.

hell, nissans Z, GTR and S chassis interiors stand well against modern day materials.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 04:27 PM   #428
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

It's just the stupid vinyl lined foam dashs and easily oxidized black plastic.

Having lived in places that see damn near 120* heat in the summer there is nothing you can do for your dash. It's gonna crack.
Old 02-13-2014, 05:51 PM   #429
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
It's just the stupid vinyl lined foam dashs and easily oxidized black plastic.

Having lived in places that see damn near 120* heat in the summer there is nothing you can do for your dash. It's gonna crack.
my dash is 22 years old and has yet to crack. there were a few blemesh cracks that were caused by the previous owner hitting the dashboard while working on the interior, but i filled em with super glue. cant even tell theyre there now.

if you catch a dash crack starting, fill it immediately with superglue and it will never spread.

Old 02-13-2014, 06:10 PM   #430
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

My dash looks like Shepard's renegade face in Mass Effect 2.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:32 PM   #431
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
My dash looks like Shepard's renegade face in Mass Effect 2.
a GOOD interior shop SHOULD be able to repair your dash. the local shop i use for interior fixes have worked wonders on dashes that are worse than yours in photos theyve shown me of previous customers.

Old 02-13-2014, 06:47 PM   #432
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

I'm going to have it stripped down and recovered with a better material.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:58 PM   #433
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
I'm going to have it stripped down and recovered with a better material.
OR that

little known fact, you can still buy brand new dash boards from nissan parts. theyre only $1400 lol

if theres a market for it, ive been giving thought to having S13 and S14 dash board reps made. the polyurethane company im working with also professionally replicates dash boards for older model cars. well see if that idea has any merit after i release my S13 Aero Bumper reps and see what sales are like with that.

Old 02-13-2014, 07:05 PM   #434
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Get the jump on a left hand drive R32 dash before they get legal to import and I'm sure you'll make money.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:27 PM   #435
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Get the jump on a left hand drive R32 dash before they get legal to import and I'm sure you'll make money.
Thats a good idea, though no idea how I would be able to do that.

Old 02-13-2014, 07:57 PM   #436
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

3D printing, man. Get with the times.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:59 PM   #437
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
3D printing, man. Get with the times.
that shit is EXPENSIVE!!! and it still hasnt reached the level as injection molding and pressure molding as far as price per unit goes. its just like direct to garment and dye sublimation printing for apparel. both are great technologies, both produce superior results to screen printing in many ways, but both are very expensive in production costs and cant mass produce in the same amount of time the way screen printing does.

Old 02-13-2014, 09:39 PM   #438
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

You get a 3D scan of a good dash. Take the data from the scan and flip it. Print it out and make a proper mold from the results.

Bingo. LHD Skyline dash.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:03 PM   #439
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
So I've been thinking more and more about the MR16DDT... Its a stout little motor. Makes almost as much power as an S13 SR20, but with much less displacement. When Nissan stroked it out to 1.8t for use in their Nismo Sentra concept, it jumped from 197hp to 240hp with gobs of torque...

I'm thinking we could very easily see 280hp out of it if Nissan stroked it out to 2.0t...

Just speculating...
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 12:18 AM   #440
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
So I've been thinking more and more about the MR16DDT... Its a stout little motor. Makes almost as much power as an S13 SR20, but with much less displacement. When Nissan stroked it out to 1.8t for use in their Nismo Sentra concept, it jumped from 197hp to 240hp with gobs of torque...

I'm thinking we could very easily see 280hp out of it if Nissan stroked it out to 2.0t...

Just speculating...
See now we are talking.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 12:40 PM   #441
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
We should all know by now Nissan can get almost as much out of an engine as they want. Years ago (well before the GTR came out, probably right about when then 350Z came out and the GTR was just rumors and concepts) Nissan engineers said they could tune the VQ from like 150hp to over 500hp (the latter which I think became the VR engine). There's nothing to lead me to believe they wouldn't be able to have that type of range with every engine they produce.

It's not a matter of IF they can, it's a matter of does it make sense from an economical standpoint. Period. And we all know it ultimately comes down to Ghosn. If they convince him there's a profitable business case then it'll happen.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:40 PM   #442
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
on the Nissan website under future vehicle it shows a Juke Nismo RS that makes 215hp/210tq out fo the MR16DDT, so 240-250hp out of a 1.8 or 2.0 sounds like it should be prettty easy

http://www.nissanusa.com/future-and-.../juke-nismo-rs
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 08:56 PM   #443
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
I really wish they would quit with the juke nonsense.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 12:36 PM   #444
redline racer510
Zilvia FREAK!

redline racer510 is on the path to ruinredline racer510 is on the path to ruin
The Juke is a huge joke. Not only are they ugly but they are trying to increase sales in a ridiculous manner by making it more sporty. I swear only a Frenchy can come up with this crap. We want a small affordable sports car that is light, handles well, manual, preferably turbo and leaves room for upgrades and cost around $20k. No one gives a crap about the huge mistake called dupe, ah I mean Juke.
Old 02-15-2014, 01:14 PM   #445
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Honestly, if Nissan would just redesign the Puke's headlights into a plain ol rectangular headlight, it wouldn't look so damn hideous. I've seen some modded/lowered ones in Japan before I left and they actually looked good from the side and rear. So imagine this with a square-ish headlights...

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 01:47 PM   #446
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Someone shop a an Odyssey front onto that thing.

P.S.
It really sucks that that 90s styling that many of us enjoy only lives on in fucking minivans in Japan, and the details look damn good.
Old 02-15-2014, 03:59 PM   #447
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by redline racer510 View Post
The Juke is a huge joke. Not only are they ugly but they are trying to increase sales in a ridiculous manner by making it more sporty. I swear only a Frenchy can come up with this crap. We want a small affordable sports car that is light, handles well, manual, preferably turbo and leaves room for upgrades and cost around $20k. No one gives a crap about the huge mistake called dupe, ah I mean Juke.
French aren't the problem.

2015 Twingo , a rear engine, rwd Fiat fighter.

http://www.carscoops.com/2014/02/all...ear-drive.html

Clio RS - Why this isn't a Sentra Hatch or Pulsar IDFK.

Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 07:42 PM   #448
redline racer510
Zilvia FREAK!

redline racer510 is on the path to ruinredline racer510 is on the path to ruin
Clio RS and the Megane sport being one of the exceptions but then again that is the top of the line model for Renault which for the average car company isn't saying anything, they make horrible cars like Dacia remember. Most French car makers are just too plain in my opinion(Peugeot,Dacia,Renault,Citroen) Most of there sports cars are Golf competitors and there is just much more to be desired than just a hot hatch. The only real exception is the Bugatti of course, but that thing is just too expensive. The designers of some of these cars probably paint the inside of there homes in different shades of grey and there favorite color is probably khaki.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:00 PM   #449
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by redline racer510 View Post
If the Juke is a joke, Nissan is laughing all the way to the bank. It's ugly, but it sells.

http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/u...-end-u-s-sales

If you combine the sales numbers of the FRS/BRZ twins, the Juke still outsells them. So which type of car is it that people don't give a shit about?
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 09:04 PM   #450
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
You guys are wanting to know much HP. If it makes 280 like you want for 13k cheaper then a 370, and lighter and more of a drivers car. Why would anybody touch a Z anymore?
future is offline   Reply With Quote