Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 03-26-2014, 04:30 AM   #721
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
Not directly related to Idx but Datsun brand is officially launching new vehicle here in Russia...

http://datsun.ru/?utm_source=Youtube...mpaign=300x250
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2014, 07:21 AM   #722
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_style View Post
Not directly related to Idx but Datsun brand is officially launching new vehicle here in Russia...

http://datsun.ru/?utm_source=Youtube...mpaign=300x250
Yeah they are all shitty economy cars. It's a shame they are using the Datsun name to do that.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:09 PM   #723
jamanrr
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
jamanrr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Yeah they are all shitty economy cars. It's a shame they are using the Datsun name to do that.

I know you are too young to remember but what was Datsun originally when they entered the US market? I mean at the time GTOs, Challengers, Chargers and Chevelles with 350-400+ horses ruled the US market. Datsun was an economical non performance orientated model that while fun to drive were considered cheap and otherwise not thought highly of. Only until the late 70s and into the 80s did they turn into performance and economy orientated vehicles.
jamanrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:15 AM   #724
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamanrr View Post
I know you are too young to remember but what was Datsun originally when they entered the US market? I mean at the time GTOs, Challengers, Chargers and Chevelles with 350-400+ horses ruled the US market. Datsun was an economical non performance orientated model that while fun to drive were considered cheap and otherwise not thought highly of. Only until the late 70s and into the 80s did they turn into performance and economy orientated vehicles.
Touche. I am too young to remember but I do know it WAS an economy brand (like all the Japanese brands back then). But like you said they turned into a performance, economy brand later on. I still think it's a shame to use that brand for really cheap crappy cars even if it's in an emerging market with lower expectations than the US, Japan, and UK.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:20 AM   #725
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
datsun was actually a way for nissan to get into the american market, and incase it failed, they could withdraw the datsun brand and it wouldnt tarnish nissans brand name in other markets. really didnt have anything to do with being a "economy brand"

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:04 PM   #726
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Actually you are correct to a point except on your timeline. Datsun's image turned around almost immediately in 1970 with the release of the 240z. It shook the Sports car world up big time. You could get one new for 4k at a time when all the potential competitors, Porsche 911, Triumph TR6, Spitfires etc.. We're upwards of 8-10k Both the 510 and 240z would go one to win championships in Sports car racing starting in 1970 reaching all the way through the 70's into the 80's in the case of the Z's. Nissan sold so many 240z's in 1970 they were back ordered. The car was a runaway hit. 510's were everywhere. Oh and the 620 pickup released in 71 created the mini truck revolution. Toyota's Hi lux was not nearly as popular of course that changed in 78 with the release of their Sr5 model.

As for the perceived image I remember that as well, Toyota actually had even more of an econobox image than Datsun did. All in all though the Japanese cars kicked ass in the 70's . Ya we all liked , raced and had muscle cars but everything new out of Detroit was major crap compared to the 60's cars. Don't get me started about the Autoworkers union either they did not help. Put the oil crisis in 73 and 79 into the mix and Detroit cars went down the tubes.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:49 AM   #727
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
^ When I read shit like that, I wish I lived in the 70's ( among other reasons of course)
I'm already saving my money for this. I just want to have my college debt paid off ( already started paying now).

So is there any way to get the cool stuff from the concept cars or no? Where can you get these supercar looking tachometers and other interior bits from the concepts?

You know how the Brz concept had these amazing features and then the real one looked completely different? Do I just have to hope broadfield can find/make this stuff?
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:40 AM   #728
jamanrr
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
jamanrr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Actually you are correct to a point except on your timeline. Datsun's image turned around almost immediately in 1970 with the release of the 240z. It shook the Sports car world up big time. You could get one new for 4k at a time when all the potential competitors, Porsche 911, Triumph TR6, Spitfires etc.. We're upwards of 8-10k Both the 510 and 240z would go one to win championships in Sports car racing starting in 1970 reaching all the way through the 70's into the 80's in the case of the Z's. Nissan sold so many 240z's in 1970 they were back ordered. The car was a runaway hit. 510's were everywhere. Oh and the 620 pickup released in 71 created the mini truck revolution. Toyota's Hi lux was not nearly as popular of course that changed in 78 with the release of their Sr5 model.

As for the perceived image I remember that as well, Toyota actually had even more of an econobox image than Datsun did. All in all though the Japanese cars kicked ass in the 70's . Ya we all liked , raced and had muscle cars but everything new out of Detroit was major crap compared to the 60's cars. Don't get me started about the Autoworkers union either they did not help. Put the oil crisis in 73 and 79 into the mix and Detroit cars went down the tubes.

By 73 or 74 the party was over, which is when the Japanese cars really came on and shined. My dad bought a new 71 Dodge Challenger for under 3 grand and it had a 340 in it which at the time was a lot more than the Z with its 150 hp 6 cylinder. Challenger TAs and Hemi powered cars were among some of the fastest muscle cars of the era, and won a lot of races as well. From a sporty economical standpoint I can see a 17 second quarter 150 hp car for 4 grand appealing to someone but most Americans could get into a GTO, Challenger or Charger big block car for that and save a grand or more and 5 seconds off the quarter mile. That was almost Corvette territory at the time. I agree that the American car companies missed the boat on making a performance 4 or 6 cylinder model early on instead choking a v8 down to 100 horsepower with emission stuff was not the smartest move they ever did. Which is why so many people including me covert these older Nissan and Datsun models.
jamanrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:17 AM   #729
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
^ When I read shit like that, I wish I lived in the 70's ( among other reasons of course)
I'm already saving my money for this. I just want to have my college debt paid off ( already started paying now).

So is there any way to get the cool stuff from the concept cars or no? Where can you get these supercar looking tachometers and other interior bits from the concepts?

You know how the Brz concept had these amazing features and then the real one looked completely different? Do I just have to hope broadfield can find/make this stuff?
Yes, that's how it works. That's the entire premise of the aftermarket.
Old 03-28-2014, 01:15 PM   #730
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Trader Rating: (0)
kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The weirdest part of all that detuned Detroit muscle is that some of them did have legit smaller engines but never bothered to tell anyone. Ford's Lima 2.3l could have fully replaced their shitty smallblock V8s of the age.
Old 03-28-2014, 01:30 PM   #731
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
By 73 or 74 the party was over, which is when the Japanese cars really came on and shined. My dad bought a new 71 Dodge Challenger for under 3 grand and it had a 340 in it which at the time was a lot more than the Z with its 150 hp 6 cylinder. Challenger TAs and Hemi powered cars were among some of the fastest muscle cars of the era, and won a lot of races as well. From a sporty economical standpoint I can see a 17 second quarter 150 hp car for 4 grand appealing to someone but most Americans could get into a GTO, Challenger or Charger big block car for that and save a grand or more and 5 seconds off the quarter mile. That was almost Corvette territory at the time. I agree that the American car companies missed the boat on making a performance 4 or 6 cylinder model early on instead choking a v8 down to 100 horsepower with emission stuff was not the smartest move they ever did. Which is why so many people including me covert these older Nissan and Datsun models.
Ya I think out on the coasts was different than the middle of the country where you live. People bought Japanese cars here in California like no tomorrow. I remember a guy having his 240z parked on his front lawn when I had my paper route in Palo Alto. A few years later I would go from a automatic 289 Ford Mustang to a Datsun 510 in a matter of months after getting my license. While my friends did drag race classic muscle cars in the back parking lot at Palo Alto High I would soon move to the other side of town. Where I would discover the fact that going around corners fast was a whole lot more fun than going fast in a straight line. The affordable well handling Japanese cars brought to light how much fun really driving a car could be. Fuck shear HP I wanted to handle .

I guess you could say this is why I really do appreciate the IDX concept. Funny though my old 510 buddies are mixed some like it others don't.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 02:51 PM   #732
dbeiler
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Car and Driver's take on the subject

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...an-idx-feature
dbeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 03:58 PM   #733
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Wow didn't even realize the moniker tying to the 510 (DX = 510 in Roman numerals).

They're saying it'll be a 2018 model. I'm hoping sooner than that.
Old 04-09-2014, 04:19 PM   #734
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
late 2016/early 2017

and this comes from a VERY good and reliable source i know...

also, from what ive been hearing, the final product wont be called "IDx" either...

Old 04-09-2014, 07:41 PM   #735
Frank_Jaeger
Zilvia FREAK!

Frank_Jaeger is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
also, from what ive been hearing, the final product wont be called "IDx" either...
What will it be called?
Frank_Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:34 PM   #736
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Jaeger View Post
What will it be called?
undecided, but there is talk of resurrecting a badge were ALL familiar with...and NO ITS NOT SILVIA OR 510!

but well see, things change over night

Old 04-09-2014, 08:47 PM   #737
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
I think we are going to need some info on these sources. . .
Old 04-09-2014, 09:05 PM   #738
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
I hope they call it a stanza.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:10 PM   #739
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
I've been told from a VERY reliable source that the IDX will be a 2016 model, 2.0L turbo rated @ 300hp, Manual Transmission standard. And final name will be the Pulsar IDX for the base model and Pulsar IDX-R for sporty model.

btw, the source is... MY ASS.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:18 PM   #740
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
that is one smart ass. Or is it full of shit? The funny thing is, i kind of like those names hahaha. Right now we will call it the IDK.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:28 PM   #741
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

i really have no intentions on revealing who my source is. talk all the shit youd like, but im not saying who it is.

lets just say this persons opinion about me is more important than any of yours.

perhaps instead of making fun of me, you should revel in the fact that this car is being built and that nissan has taken a lot of stock in its future (regardless of what these magazines say)

Old 04-09-2014, 10:44 PM   #742
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
And final name will be the Pulsar IDX for the base model and Pulsar IDX-R for sporty model.
It is confirmed they will bring back the 'shooting brake' into ute Pulsar transformer.

Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:33 AM   #743
240sxcure
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
240sxcure is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
perhaps instead of making fun of me, you should revel in the fact that this car is being built and that nissan has taken a lot of stock in its future (regardless of what these magazines say)
Best news I've heard all week.
240sxcure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:48 AM   #744
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Are those 4 lug Rotiform TMB's on that piece of shit Pulsar? Lmao!
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:43 AM   #745
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Quote:
i really have no intentions on revealing who my source is. talk all the shit youd like, but im not saying who it is.

lets just say this persons opinion about me is more important than any of yours.

No one is making fun of you you quick to offense baby. You've been claiming this source for damn near a fucking decade now and have been dead wrong the entire time. If you think you claiming this source has any weight this source needs to start being right in a hurry and you need some proof that this is at all credible.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:13 PM   #746
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Quote:

Not really making fun of you, I'm making fun of the way you like to present your information. If you are not going to tell us straight up what you know (or think you know) I would highly suggest keeping it to yourself. We ALL have been waiting a long time for a car like this and you keep pulling our strings with this "They are resurrecting a badge we all know but I'm not going to tell you guys tee hee hee!!!"

I know you like to feel superior by withholding this information, but lets be honest... You're just a guy who pesters the hell out of someone within the company to reveal any information you can get. Where I'm from, that's called being a dick rider; don't be a dick rider.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:29 PM   #747
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

its a different source. i revealed a long time ago who my original source was. he was the director of product development at nissan of america. we met at 2008 SEMA and had a fairly long conversation about the S-Chassis, its history and where it was going. he was also the person who helped me get the legal information i needed regarding what i put on my apparel to avoid a trademark infringement. But, i havent spoken to him in years and i dont think hes with nissan anymore as im pretty sure he retired.

my current source is a person i met just recently and is someone i greatly admire.

PS: Nissan of America knows almost nothing about the IDX... ANY information it gets is fed from elsewhere in the world. The guy from the Leno video had NOTHING to do with the concepts either. he was just a pretty face to put on camera.

Old 04-10-2014, 01:38 PM   #748
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
Not really making fun of you, I'm making fun of the way you like to present your information. If you are not going to tell us straight up what you know (or think you know) I would highly suggest keeping it to yourself. We ALL have been waiting a long time for a car like this and you keep pulling our strings with this "They are resurrecting a badge we all know but I'm not going to tell you guys tee hee hee!!!"
im not going to tell you everything i know because everything i know could get the guy in trouble. and everything i know isnt 100% set in stone yet, its the information CURRENTLY available. from what ive been told the information, specs and designs have changed on this car heavily within the last 2 years of the projects start!

Quote:
I know you like to feel superior by withholding this information, but lets be honest... You're just a guy who pesters the hell out of someone within the company to reveal any information you can get. Where I'm from, that's called being a dick rider; don't be a dick rider.
dont make assumptions about how i get my information because you are flat out WRONG. also, dont make assumptions about me "feeling superior" as i really have no reason to feel that way! there are people who ive told everything i know, and i told them because they are people i can trust with said information. outside of those few people, im not saying a word. the person who relayed the information to me holds a position that i would kill to hold, and im not going to endanger his position within the company by letting loose information to the general populace outside of things that have already been confirmed by other execs and insiders from nissan!

and where im from, people who end their posts with snide little comments are called assholes; dont be an asshole.

Last edited by dorkidori_s13; 04-10-2014 at 02:17 PM..
Old 04-10-2014, 01:59 PM   #749
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
You just ended your post with a snide little comment...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
zerodameaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:15 PM   #750
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodameaon View Post
You just ended your post with a snide little comment...
its called irony...