Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-22-2014, 06:18 PM   #61
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTER-M View Post
I would love to see what has been mentioned, them launching it with the 1.8t and calling it the 180sx. Brought a smile to my face when a couple of you guys talked about it! Haha.

I too plan to put a down payment as soon as available. I thoroughly enjoyed my Gen coupe, but no where near as much as my S-chassis, so I sold it. I will be ELATED if this car handles like a REAL Nissan sport car. Drool.

Sidenote:
Everybody keeps saying this is purely a 510 revival, but does nobody else see the 1968 Silvia in it?

To me, it looks more like a hybrid of the two cars, that I believe they created to appease both groups...
It looks like a bunch of cars actually. I'd throw this in the mix too. That's why I love this thing so damn much.

Old 01-22-2014, 06:19 PM   #62
Kallixtos
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (61)
Kallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really nice
Feedback Score: 61 reviews
Its a mutt Lol. Those are all cars I'd gladly have.
Kallixtos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:38 PM   #63
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
A mutt, for damn sure! I like this comparison:

No, they don't really resemble each other, but you can see the potential!
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:40 PM   #64
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
^^^

Old 01-22-2014, 06:44 PM   #65
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
It looks like a bunch of cars actually. I'd throw this in the mix too. That's why I love this thing so damn much.

Good call!
Old 01-22-2014, 06:48 PM   #66
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
A mutt, for damn sure! I like this comparison:

No, they don't really resemble each other, but you can see the potential!
As an always s-chassis owner (never have I not owned an s-chassis since I was 14), I absolutely love and applaud Nissan on the IDX. I think it goes back to roots, and I am happy that I see SOME s-chassis resemblance. I was pumped when they showed it at TAS, and am more and more pumped with every new photo/ mock up.

I also get excited with the name having the X in it. it is like "ID" to come, with an X on the end.

AKA 240sx (which we know will not happen), aka 180sx, aka whatever - if it ends in an SX, I will be ridiculously pumped. I think this car has suffered some flack because the hype was so built up for basically another s15 that people didn't like the new direction, but as far as new cars go - this one looks darn solid. It is mean, lean, and RWD. If they give us turbo, what more could we want?
Old 01-22-2014, 08:01 PM   #67
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Its interesting while the Kia Stinger does look interesting i more question the concept of it coming to market at all for some reason. The IDX is confirmed and in my opinion in Nismo style trim would be a pretty cool looking car especially dropped on wheels. Of course i am still holding out on the next Z as well. Contrary to what certain others here have said about Nissan of late I honestly think these lean toward much more positive than negative about the company.
But of course in typical Zilvia fashion some one always has to complain, when something close to what they're asking for does not satisfy or seem to satisfy there every whim.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html

Last edited by drift freaq; 01-22-2014 at 09:53 PM..
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:30 PM   #68
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
I'm just happy at the thought Nissan is going to be releasing 2 new sports cars in the next 3 years and possibly both of them might be turbo. Yes please.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:10 PM   #69
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Its interesting while the Kia Stinger does look interesting i more question the concept of it coming to market at all for some reason. The IDX is confirmed and in my opinion in Nismo style trim would be a pretty cool looking car especially dropped on wheels. Of course i am still holding out on the next Z as well. Contrary to what certain others here have said about Nissan of late I honestly think these lean toward much more positive than negative about the company.
But of course in typical Zilvia fashion some one always has to complain, when something close to what they're asking for does not satisfy or seem to satisfy there every whim.
I share the same thoughts.

I think people are so stuck on wanting a s15 in the states, that in their mind the car needed to look similar to it. It isn't going to happen, the auto industry and style has changed so much it isn't even funny.

This is about as good as it can get, and the FR-S too. Both deliver, imo, style wise. At least this may get some power and boost, which the FR-S cannot claim at the current time.

I am happy, no doubt!
Old 01-23-2014, 01:37 AM   #70
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
God I hope this thing doesn't come with massive arches that take 20s to make look right.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:24 AM   #71
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
^^^I said the exact same thing about the FRS & look, Toyota got it (kinda) right with factory 17's and low profile tires. 18's actually perform worse... I fully expect the idx to compete in every way, including wheel size, except we won't have to deal with shitty 5x100 lug wheels.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:27 AM   #72
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Okay, car's kinda growing on me. I'd still choose an frs over it, even the stinger if it gets made, that is if missan stays true to the concept, but i am starting to feel this car. Even if im not in the market for a new car, and even if the concept hasnt fully convinced me, the idea that nissan will deliver for our group is pretty cool, who knows what they will do next if this thing sells Good. But anyway, im anxious to see the production model!
feito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:20 AM   #73
240sxcure
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
240sxcure is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
What makes you say that? There's more ways to do it that running a boxer engine...

Besides, I'd rather have factory boost than the 86's low center of gravity anyday.
I just think Subaru was able to do so by keeping the engine N/A, having a boxer layout, and tucking it well within the engine bay.

But I go agree with you that I would rather have factory boost. I hope Nissan can provide a decent drivetrain for this car.
240sxcure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:24 AM   #74
simmode1
Post Whore!

Continuing to look at Broadfield's coupe next to the IDX, I began to wonder if those proportions might really be right. I mean, the IDX looks smaller than a damn S13!

S13 specs
Length: 178.0in (452.1cm)
Width: 66.5in (168.9cm)
Height: 50.8in (129.0cm)
Wheel Base: 97.4in (247.4cm)
Ground Clearance: 4.3in (10.9cm)

Nismo IDX concept
Length: 161.4in
Width: 70.8in (66.9in for the Freeflow)
Height: 51.2in
Wheel Base: N/A
Ground Clearance: N/A

Yep. Way shorter and wider than an S13. Bodes well for the possible curb weight, especially considering how light a modern 1.6t engine must be. Could you guys imagine if the IDX was actually lighter than an S13?!?
Old 01-23-2014, 11:08 AM   #75
240sxcure
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
240sxcure is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Continuing to look at Broadfield's coupe next to the IDX, I began to wonder if those proportions might really be right. I mean, the IDX looks smaller than a damn S13!

Yep. Way shorter and wider than an S13. Bodes well for the possible curb weight, especially considering how light a modern 1.6t engine must be. Could you guys imagine if the IDX was actually lighter than an S13?!?
I think it would be fantastic, but doubtful considering all of the safety features new cars require. The BRZ has a shorter wheelbase? But I think it still weighs slightly more.

The IDX concept is a step in the right direction. My only hope is that Nissan can offer a car built from this concept and still differentiate it from the upcoming Z model.
240sxcure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:05 PM   #76
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:

S13 specs

Nismo IDX concept

I have a feeling those dimensions will change once safety regulations come into play. As odd as this might sound, I hope Nissan limits the amount of these for sale in the U.S. At least for the first year to gauge the markets reception of the car and reduce any financial risk if its a bust.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:25 PM   #77
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
With all of Nissan's talk over the past few years about lighter stronger chassis I wouldn't be at all surprised if it comes in right around the same weight as the later S Chassis cars.

The overall length being shorter I would attribute to shorter overhangs. The amount of car beyond the wheels or core support on an S13 is kind of nuts.

The width is probably just the wheels on the IDx Nismo. I can take the car being around the same width and a good bit shorter.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:30 PM   #78
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

S13 specs

Nismo IDX concept

Its shorter than a BMW 1 series at 172.2in
Old 01-23-2014, 02:05 PM   #79
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
I grow weary of the OT epeen contests. I am just going to start pinking people.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 03:01 PM   #80
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
I grow weary of the OT epeen contests. I am just going to start pinking people.
That is fair.

Sorry if I said anything out of line, I tried to keep it professional.

Would be cool if they released a car pack for Gt6 or Forza with the IDx driveable!
Old 01-23-2014, 04:17 PM   #81
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTER-M View Post
Would be cool if they released a car pack for Gt6 or Forza with the IDx driveable!
I'm kinda wondering why Nissan didn't do this in GT6. Toyota did this with the FT-1 and it's a solid move to give the company and concept more exposure.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:20 PM   #82
simmode1
Post Whore!

With Digital Polyphony & Kazunori Yamauchi designing the GTR's onboard display system, you'd think that Nissan would use that special relationship to get the IDX into the game quickly... But nooo. Somebody is asleep at the wheel over there.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:41 PM   #83
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
theyre shooting for a 2016 model, which is late next year. i wouldnt call that asleep at the wheel. i bet by fall of this year they will have a damn near production ready concept to show off at TAS or LAS

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:05 PM   #84
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

If they were on top of their game they could have had that car to Polyphony ready in time to appear in game the same time the concept was revealed. Imagine the hype of seeing it in motion in game before ever hearing about it online.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:19 PM   #85
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:23 PM   #86
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post

although the carlos "i got rid of the silvia because im a big buttface and no one at my company seems to recognize its a 100% heritage model that shouldve been brought back in 2003 along with the Z because we dropped the ball and didnt cash in on the drifting boom of the early/mid 2000s when everyone and their mom was buying used 240s like it was the new honda civic and most of us wouldve happily spent 20k on a brand new s16 silvia because money grew on trees back then" ghosn edit is funny

Old 01-23-2014, 08:42 PM   #87
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
If they were on top of their game they could have had that car to Polyphony ready in time to appear in game the same time the concept was revealed. Imagine the hype of seeing it in motion in game before ever hearing about it online.
Doesn't Polyphony tend to be anal with the details such as they way it sounds and handles etc etc. I'm sure it's not to the point yet where they would be able to create a realistic experience to the caliber they like to provide. Patience young padawon.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:05 PM   #88
Chaluska
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Chaluska is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
To be honest, I don't care. As long as the car as priced about the same as the FRS, weighs about the same as the FRS, is RWD, has a factory bolt-on turbo with a 6spd manual trans.

Everything else is negotiable to me. The Genesis coupe taught me that I'm willing to look past looks if the packaging is right. I trust Nissan enough not to put out a chassis that drives like absolute shit or use a turbo motor that is a ticking timebomb.

Wouldn't be surprised if the trans is made of glass though...
only problem is, everything i've seen about the IDX is going to be all automatics.. no manuals
Old 01-23-2014, 09:32 PM   #89
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaluska View Post
only problem is, everything i've seen about the IDX is going to be all automatics.. no manuals
actually, no. a manual transmission was the most requested option for the car by people at detroit this year who saw the concept. even nissan reps have been quoted saying a manual option will most likely be happening.

please read thru the ENTIRE thread if youre new!

Old 01-23-2014, 09:43 PM   #90
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

There have been tons of concepts and vaporware cars in the GT series. So long as how it performs in game makes sense for what it should be or is claimed to be all is well.