Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-04-2014, 06:12 PM   #181
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Trader Rating: (0)
kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Nissan doesn't sell well because they insist on mispronouncing the name of the company.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:16 PM   #182
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
Nissan doesn't sell well because they insist on mispronouncing the name of the company.
Porsche sells very well despite most peoples inability to say "Por-sh-uh".
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:17 PM   #183
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Porsche sells very well despite most peoples inability to say "Por-sh-uh".
ya I get so tired of even some people who own the damn things sitting there calling them a Por-sh. Its like damn man can't you even properly pronounce the name of the car you own?

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:29 PM   #184
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
So, does it drift?
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:41 PM   #185
atom
Zilvia FREAK!

atom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to all
Quote:
Maybe Renault even has RWD plans.
Was about to say the same thing. Make it a hatchback too. Too bad the rest of the world outside of Europe seems to hate hatchbacks. Maybe I'm getting too old but a RWD Turbo hatch would be cooler than the IDX...............

At the same time the GT-R has had a pretty positive effect for the Nissan brand in Europe so maybe they'd want to build off of that as well.

As far as Toyobaru, I always assumed the partnership was about risk management. Without knowing the market, it was hard for a single company to come out with a product by itself. Now that the market is more of a known quantity because of Toyota/Subaru, it would presumably be easier for a single company like Nissan to go at it alone.

It's still a niche market compared to mainstream cars, but I don't think other companies can just let Toyota essentially monopolize an entire market segment.
atom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:11 PM   #186
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom View Post
Too bad the rest of the world outside of Europe seems to hate hatchbacks. .
People need to cut that shit out. We are DROWNING IN HATCH BACKS. I don't know where people get the "OMGZZZ 'Muricans hate hatches".

There has to be 3 dozen hatch backs available right now, if not more.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:24 PM   #187
atom
Zilvia FREAK!

atom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to all
Quote:
People need to cut that shit out. We are DROWNING IN HATCH BACKS. I don't know where people get the "OMGZZZ 'Muricans hate hatches".

There has to be 3 dozen hatch backs available right now, if not more.
And what are the total sales numbers of hatchbacks vs traditional coupes/sedans?

Some hatches like the focus do well when compared to their sedan counterparts, but the market as a whole, hatch's still lag way behind.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:34 PM   #188
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
And what are the total sales numbers of hatchbacks vs traditional coupes/sedans?

Some hatches like the focus do well when compared to their sedan counterparts, but the market as a whole, hatch's still lag way behind.
So fucking what?!

First, coupes are non-existent today and convertibles are all but extinct.

Second, many cars are only hatches; Razor, Sonic, Soul, Fit, xB, iQ, Mini, 500, Mirage, Veloster, et al.

Third, who gives a fuck on the percentages if they are available for you to (not) buy?

The only hatches you are missing out on are the ones from a European makes with no US presence and the Civic Hatch. The later is because (modern) Honda is infuriatinly retarded.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:46 PM   #189
atom
Zilvia FREAK!

You seen to be confused.........

You replied because you had a problem with the statement that Americans hate hatchbacks (or to say it another way, we vastly prefer sedans). So sales absolutely matter.

The point that we can get hatchbacks has no relevance. If anything it supports my statement. We have quite a few hatches on the market, yet sedans dominate the market.....ergo we prefer sedans.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:49 PM   #190
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
You seen to be confused.........
Your argument is invalid. You state "the rest of the world hates hatches."

I eat more pizza than I eat hamburgers. Do I hate hamburgers?
Old 02-04-2014, 09:55 PM   #191
atom
Zilvia FREAK!

LOL....Obvious hyperbole is obvious?

Did you really think I was making a literal statement that consumer's have an intense, passionate dislike for a car body style?
Old 02-04-2014, 11:01 PM   #192
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Show me the sales numbers of hatches sucking.

I basically never see sedan versions of all those FWD compacts and midsized cars available as wagons and hatches.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:02 PM   #193
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

And don't cherry pick a shitty car that happens to be a hatch. No one cares about the sales figures of the Suzuki Aerio.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:06 AM   #194
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
I know lets get into a big debate about hatchbacks when truth be told Nissan's most successful sporting cars have been Fastbacks and Sedans. Ya I went there and said that. The 180sx was a Fastback by Nissan's own terminology and actually by car definition. AS were and are Z cars.
Not Hatchbacks as some 240sx owners call them because the owners come from Honda's.

The Other successful RWD sports oriented cars were hmmm 510/Bluebird, Skyline, Silvia hmm Sport Sedans. Ya I know coupe owners are gonna get pissed because I am calling their two doors Sedans. Get over it again technically that is what it is.

So NIssan building a hatchback version of the IDX makes no sense whatsover. Plus since the 180sx shares more traits with the Z line it would be better off for Nissan to focus on blending the lines thereby taking it back to the original concept of the 240Z and 180sx.

In fact I can pretty much say Nissan is already thinking along those lines because of what i see them doing with the IDX which is blending the SIlvia/510 and early Skyline.

Oh and it is interesting most cars labeled Hatchbacks by manufacturers are FWD as well. So why the fuck is this discussion about Hatchbacks even happening?

Lets just get off the crack pipe concept of a Hatchback.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 02-05-2014, 12:18 AM   #195
atom
Zilvia FREAK!

These are all of America's top selling vehicles in 2013 excluding trucks/SUV's

Toyota Camry- 408,484
Honda Accord- 366,678
Honda Civic- 336,180
Nissan Altima- 320,723
Toyota Corolla/Matrix - 302,180
Ford Fusion- 295,280
Chevrolet Cruze- 248,224
Hyundai Elantra- 247,912
Ford Focus- 234,570
Toyota Prius- 234,228
Hyundai Sonata - 203,648
Chevy Malibu - 200,594
VW Jetta - 163,793
Chevy Impala - 156,797
Optima - 155,893
Sentra - 129,143

Prius sells because it's a hybrid, I consider it a special case. So that makes the Focus and the Matrix the only cars on the list that were hatch's. We know the Matrix was discontinued for 2014 because of poor sales.....so we can reasonably assume the majority of the 300k sales of corolla/matrix were sedans. That basically leaves the Focus. I don't know what the sales split of that car was.

Hell, even if you include the Prius it's pretty clear what type of cars Americans prefer.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:21 AM   #196
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
sigh, the thread has been officially derailed

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:08 AM   #197
240sxcure
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
240sxcure is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
sigh, the thread has been officially derailed
Back on topic!

Autoweek, barely, test drove the two concepts.

Nissan IDx concept car test drive, review and driving impressions - Autoweek
240sxcure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:10 AM   #198
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Looks like they barely know how to use their camera. There's no reason the Nismo one should be blurred like that given other sources say they couldn't go over 15mph.

Off topic again. lol
Old 02-05-2014, 10:11 AM   #199
240sxcure
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
240sxcure is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Looks like they barely know how to use their camera. There's no reason the Nismo one should be blurred like that given other sources say they couldn't go over 15mph.

Off topic again. lol
Yes, clearly user error on that shot.
240sxcure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:50 AM   #200
jamanrr
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
jamanrr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
The free flow is a classic nissan color my s14 was that color
jamanrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:21 PM   #201
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

It will be interesting to see exactly what bodywork makes it into production especially in the c pillar department. In person I really like the Nismo but felt it needed something like vents between the red and the white section.
The Nismo would definitely look nice sitting next to my M3. hehehe My friends wife bought a BRZ and I have to say while not bad looking in stock form the BRZ is really rather meek looking.

It almost reminds me of the little Opals looked in the 70s. Like it was a facsimile of the greater sports cars of the day and really not all that. LOL

The IDX on the other hand has a really tough ready for business look even though its still really small in person.
Ya I am really liking this car.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 02-05-2014, 01:40 PM   #202
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
most interesting thing ive read about the IDx thus far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoweek.com
While officials were vague about drivetrain specifics, we heard that the concepts are both runners, sitting on top of old rear-drive Silvia S15 mechanicals with 200-plus hp underhood. We hope that's true.

Read more: Nissan IDx concepts revealed at Tokyo show - Autoweek

Old 02-05-2014, 02:45 PM   #203
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
Yes, I was being facetious about that comment above on the possibility of putting race car engines into production vehicles.

But on a more serious Mercedes/Renault/Nissan drivetrain sharing note, the current gen Mercedes SLK is available with a 1.8L turbo (good for 201hp in current form) and a 6 spd manual. It would be a quick solution for a powertrain that's already configured for RWD.

Nissan will use Mercedes engines in their Infiniti cars to further separate the brand from Nissan and provide more distinct options. For example the Q50 will eventually get a diesel engine from Mercedes and the Q30 will share a lot with the CLA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
Putting that bucktoothed bezel around the logo really detracts from the lines of the IDx. It is clearly an after thought on the Nismo but on the Freeflow it runs the cleanliness of the front end.
Agreed, but there's hope that it might not make it to the production car. 370Z and GT-R don't have this corporate grill.

Last edited by SimpleS14; 02-05-2014 at 06:35 PM..
SimpleS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:06 PM   #204
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

I think a prominent hamburger is all that is needed.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:32 PM   #205
EchoOfSilence
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
EchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EchoOfSilence
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
and David makes his first appearance here in years. I take it you are taking an interest in this car Dave. Quick question how did the Super Car fans take to it?
What's up dude! Been awhile! The folks from Super Car Sunday took delight to the IDx pair. They absolutely like it & are cheering Nissan to build it.

Nissan is actually listening to people's constructive critique about the IDx Club . You guys should let Nissan know your thoughts on IDx Club
Old 02-05-2014, 06:00 PM   #206
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
most interesting thing ive read about the IDx thus far...

If that was the case, why not just update the body kit on the S15, install a new EPA compliant engine and seats with side airbags. Since the tooling would be 99% paid for, sell the damn thing for $19k.

My S13 would be GOOOOOOOOOOONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Old 02-05-2014, 06:03 PM   #207
jamanrr
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
jamanrr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I have a feeling that a lot of us and including me will be let down. They have both models and what do you think gets released first? I have a feeling it will be a 1.2 to 1.5 liter with a CVT Cube inspiring vomit.....

This will miss the mark but protect the pig Z car for which they cherish so much of.
jamanrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:12 PM   #208
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Here we go on the S15 crybaby train.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:39 PM   #209
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamanrr View Post
I have a feeling that a lot of us and including me will be let down. They have both models and what do you think gets released first? I have a feeling it will be a 1.2 to 1.5 liter with a CVT Cube inspiring vomit.....

This will miss the mark but protect the pig Z car for which they cherish so much of.
*facepalm* im SO tired of seeing comments like this. before whining please look at the current facts!

1) THE SCION FRS/SUBARU BRZ/TOYOTA GT86!!! Nissan HAS TO HAS TO HAS TO beat these cars in EVERY way (or at least match them dead on). Nissan already knows that if the IDx is to succeed, it has to steal FRS/BRZ buyers!

2) CVT WILL NOT BE THE ONLY TRANSMISSION OPTION! THE CAR IS NOT A GTR!!! It has already been stated by news outlets and by members of Zilvia who talked to Nissan execs that the biggest request for the car is to offer it in a manual tranny. Nissan isnt stupid, they know for a fact the car will be DOA if it isnt offered with a stick!

3) The car will be NO LESS than 200hp. Id say count on it being around 230-250hp easy. If you pay attention to what turbo motors Nissan is using, the MR series is now a WORLD MOTOR. The same MR18vet that powers the Juke will most likely find its way into the car, stroked to a 2.0 liter to add much needed torque.

4) The chassis being utilized will more than likely be shared with the new Z/G. Nissan has already stated that the new Z is going on a diet. Weight on the IDx should be in the 2800lbs area. IT HAS TO BE TO COMPETE WITH THE FRS/BRZ. The new Z should just tip the scales around 3200lbs (educated guess) with a 3.0 litre twin turbo V6. Nissan isnt going to develop a platform strictly for ONE car. The car market doesnt work like that anymore!

Instead of spending time in woe, RESEARCH AND PUT THE PIECES TOGETHER! There is AMPLE evidence to clue anyone in as to what the IDx is going to be just based on the interviews out there on the web, plus what Exitspeed and Drift Freaq have gotten out of BOTH American AND Japanese execs over the last few weeks.

I REALLY dont understand how people cant simply READ sometimes! Its not hard to put the pieces together if youve been following our threads right here on Zilvia!

Old 02-05-2014, 06:43 PM   #210
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

i will concede to ONE possibility I just thought of as I was re-reading the above... IF (and BIG IF) Nissan did build the concept IDx's on a modified S15 Chassis, then it may damn well be possible they might just resurrect that particular Chassis since as Corbic stated....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic
If that was the case, why not just update the body kit on the S15, install a new EPA compliant engine and seats with side airbags. Since the tooling would be 99% paid for, sell the damn thing for $19k.
It wouldnt take Nissan much to bring the Chassis up to current safety standards. It was a well established platform for over 20 years and could easily comply to modern day crash testing... Just a thought though!