Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-31-2004, 06:06 PM   #1
todd

Trader Rating: (0)
todd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
how can i get an s15 here in the states

i want an s15 and i live in south carolina there are no emision laws here and im looking for an s15 because its differentif anyone could help please let me know motrex wont do it the only thing the do is skylines
todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2004, 06:13 PM   #2
-E-
Post Whore!

-E- is an unknown quantity at this point
lots and lots of $$$$$$$$$$$
-E- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 06:13 PM   #3
mellojoe
Zilvia Junkie

mellojoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Do you plan on getting insurance? You won't be able to.

Plain and simple... the only way to do it would be to import it as an "off-road" only vehicle. You could take it to races, which would be fun. It'd end up costing you like $5,000 just to ship the car from overseas.

Its a thought, but it would definatly have to be trailered to every event.
Old 10-31-2004, 06:20 PM   #4
Sanchi
Macadamia Nut

Sanchi is an unknown quantity at this point
How much are you willing to spend?? i got a seller if you'll be the buyer... only thing is im in SoCal.

Sanchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 06:31 PM   #5
rainier
Nissanaholic!

rainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to rainier
you can be different but yeah as they said it would cost lots and lots of money

rainier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 06:41 PM   #6
s14falcon
Zilvia Junkie

s14falcon is an unknown quantity at this point
Bottom line is moneymoney. Theres someone here in south florida who has one, i saw it at a show, and to my surprise, it has a lisence plate, and my friend says he saw it on the road one day, but they have to have done something illegal, you cant legally regester one and be totally legitimate in the us, basically, if you can afford one at all, its gotta be for the track.
s14falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 06:58 PM   #7
MakotoS13
BANNED

MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to MakotoS13
you've got to be frickin kidding me... the S15 is a great car but even if it was feasible you'd still deal with driving a right hand drive car... irritating. oh, and when it breaks? what about finding parts from the US? ya didn't know and now ya do. buy a 240 and swap over everything that'll fit.

i'll keep my crappy 15 year old S13 interior thank you
MakotoS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 07:02 PM   #8
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Predictions?

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 07:07 PM   #9
crioten
"buddy jesus"

crioten is making a name for him/her selfcrioten is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to crioten
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP
Predictions?
sooner than later

i give it 20 min
I'd rather take the bus with a bus-full of AIDS infected naked rape convicts than drive a VW.
crioten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 07:11 PM   #10
machoonthetop
Zilvia Member

machoonthetop is making a name for him/her selfmachoonthetop is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to machoonthetop
i wanna know if this guy really has the bankroll to pull it off. according to his profile hes only 22. how much money could he have?
machoonthetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 07:26 PM   #11
KoukiMonster
Zilvia Addict

KoukiMonster can only hope to improve
none or alot... you never know these days.
KoukiMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 07:37 PM   #12
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
auto connexion already has some
i think 10? i forget
easy to get. hard to register

http://www.autoconxion.com/
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 11:24 PM   #13
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
autoconxion has 4 of them.
Old 10-31-2004, 11:52 PM   #14
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to KiDyNomiTe
Register it in the right state. I know Indiana and Iowa have some loose rules about legalization. Got a frined with a Qs S14 registered and everything.
Old 11-01-2004, 02:14 AM   #15
KoukiMonster
Zilvia Addict

KoukiMonster can only hope to improve
i think here in canada you register it as a kit car, lol..or anything that is older then 15 years old can be registered under a certain name..
KoukiMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 02:35 AM   #16
Shin_Kudo
Zilvia Addict

Shin_Kudo is an unknown quantity at this point
There's a guy here in socal who has an S15, fully registered and insured. His registration even says "2001 Nissan Silvia Spec-R" or something to that effect on it. He's got legit plates, too. Nobody's sure how it was pulled off.
Old 11-01-2004, 08:26 AM   #17
crioten
"buddy jesus"

crioten is making a name for him/her selfcrioten is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to crioten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin_Kudo
There's a guy here in socal who has an S15, fully registered and insured. His registration even says "2001 Nissan Silvia Spec-R" or something to that effect on it. He's got legit plates, too. Nobody's sure how it was pulled off.
he probably knows someone who matters in this sort of stuff...

im guessing talking to some kind of automotive law expert would help you out as well, might even do it for free....if they figure a way to do it, then they can make some money off it
I'd rather take the bus with a bus-full of AIDS infected naked rape convicts than drive a VW.
crioten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 09:53 AM   #18
s13silady
Nissanaholic!

s13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfection
here in norcal (southbay) theres 3 guys here that drive 3 different s15s... dont know how they got them here, but they are registered and legal...
dont know how they did that neither, but if word gets around, then pretty soon they are going to get old like everyone driving a skyline...
Old 11-01-2004, 10:30 AM   #19
MakotoS13
BANNED

MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to MakotoS13
you guys do realize that 99.999999999% of these kids askin for this kind of info lack both the dedication and finances to secure such a car within the US.

FUTILITY
MakotoS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 11:15 AM   #20
s14falcon
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakotoS13
you guys do realize that 99.999999999% of these kids askin for this kind of info lack both the dedication and finances to secure such a car within the US.

FUTILITY
Thats so true, with everything from importing cars to what engine swap they ant to do. Theres almost no way in hell this guy is swerioulsy considering an s15. Really, if i had the money to get an s15 here, I wouldnt be asking around on an internet forum, I'd be talking with people who import cars and actually may have an answer for me. All you get here are people who know people whos brother saw someone with a registered s15. Nobody on here actujally has one.
Old 11-01-2004, 02:21 PM   #21
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to KiDyNomiTe
Quote:
Originally Posted by s14falcon
Nobody on here actujally has one.
Well the guy I know with the S14 is on here, but he is super busy, owns AeroStage Devolopments (I think his name on here is jdm-drift), drove the car fun ride but its so far from being done. I don't know if they are going to be dealing with importing cars but I guess you could always ask.
Old 11-01-2004, 04:39 PM   #22
s14falcon
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiDyNomiTe
Well the guy I know with the S14 is on here, but he is super busy, owns AeroStage Devolopments (I think his name on here is jdm-drift), drove the car fun ride but its so far from being done. I don't know if they are going to be dealing with importing cars but I guess you could always ask.
Yeah, true, i read your thread the other week. I was referring to s15 in particular, but really, I shouldnt talk, mebbe one of the 14k members or os on here actually does have one. nah, i still go with no.
Old 11-01-2004, 05:00 PM   #23
kognition
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (6)
kognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
s15 S-15's for sale

Webmaster here for AutoConXion. We do indeed have four S-15's up for sale.
www.autoconxion.com
I will be posting details and prices tonite. But you are looking at 20 grand. These
cars are the cleanest virgin stock S-15's you will ever see.
If you have that kinda money burning a hole in your pocket, you can email David
Okamoto directly at [email protected] or call (310) 782-6000.
kognition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 05:25 PM   #24
mellojoe
Zilvia Junkie

mellojoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Whats the purpose of getting one?

For a track car? There are much better options out there for the money.
For a show car? Sure. Ok. Maybe. Somthing different.
For a daily driver? Nope. Pointless.
Old 11-01-2004, 05:39 PM   #25
Omnis
Leaky Injector

Omnis is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by s14falcon
Bottom line is moneymoney. Theres someone here in south florida who has one, i saw it at a show, and to my surprise, it has a lisence plate, and my friend says he saw it on the road one day, but they have to have done something illegal, you cant legally regester one and be totally legitimate in the us, basically, if you can afford one at all, its gotta be for the track.
hey man, where are you in south florida? i saw one drive through plantation here on university drive. the sight of it hit me in the face like a sack of bricks.

no doubt in my mind that we are talking about the same car. its dark blue or something, right?
Old 11-01-2004, 08:25 PM   #26
s14falcon
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnis
hey man, where are you in south florida? i saw one drive through plantation here on university drive. the sight of it hit me in the face like a sack of bricks.

no doubt in my mind that we are talking about the same car. its dark blue or something, right?
hey omnis, yeah, thats the one, its like a dark blue color. I'm here in ft. lauderdale too. Your name looks familiar, are you on sfldrifters too? I'm adonis13 over there.
Old 11-01-2004, 08:37 PM   #27
kognition
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (6)
kognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
s15 Whats the purpose in getting one?

Well, the purpose of getting one is to have one. Plain and simple. They are not for everyone. I am a manufacturer for aftermarket products, so I bought my 96
S-14 Zenki to promote and test my products in. I don't have big money to throw around, but i can write the car off in many ways such as R&D, advertising etc. Besides i am in the UK a few months out of the year and as a "lefty" adapted easily to rhd. The S-15 is highly regarded in both drifting and JGTC. Definitely not for the regular guy as a daily driver. AutoConXion's customer is usually the proffessional or aspiring professional drifter/ racer.

Last edited by kognition; 11-01-2004 at 08:40 PM.. Reason: spelling mistake
kognition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 10:16 PM   #28
CKAMC
Post Whore!

CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
Here are some other ideas on how to get a legal S15

Marry J-Lo or some freakishly famous chick*or guy... i dont wanna get into that* or get on some milti-millionaire's daughter then get the car...

Or join the Yakuza in your area *Japanese mafia* and work your way to the top and I bet you can get one "Legal"
Old 11-01-2004, 11:13 PM   #29
NZO
Zilvia FREAK!

NZO is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to NZO
Or just be asian and have friends, its not that hard.

sentinelguild.com/nzo/PFCDB/
NZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 11:23 PM   #30
elevator
Zilvia Addict

elevator is an unknown quantity at this point
You will NOT, I repeat...NOT have a legal S15 in any state in the US. Nobody does S15s NOBODY.
elevator is offline   Reply With Quote