Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-05-2009, 01:59 PM   #931
Deftec
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Deftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need some info on some Draglites on an S14. My setup consists of 30mm z32 brakes...also have the rear z32 brakes. Anyone have any idea of what offset/etc I'll need to fit a set of skinnies up front and a decent(9''+) setup in the rear? Including tires? This is going to be a drag car.
Old 04-05-2009, 02:16 PM   #932
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrflip69 View Post
Thanks alot! I don't know how I missed that!
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 03:22 PM   #933
Fred Allen Burge
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Fred Allen Burge is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FusionR240sx View Post
mustang replica wheels on ebay.
$500 shipped and u can have like 17x10.5+26 rear and 17x9+27 front. like a 5mm for the rear and a 10-15mm spacer up front.
Ya I've checked those out before but there's no way a 10.5" rear wheel with 26mm offset is going to fit on an S13 with only rolled fender lips. Unless you stretched some skinny tire on there which is exactly the opposite of what this thread is all about. At 10.5" wide I'd need in the 50+ mm offset range as can be seen by Broadfields pics. His first set there were 10" wide and I believe 44mm offset.

Edit: I think I might have found my ideal wheel:
17x9 Rota DPT - Gold (5x100/114.3/e42/73) Wheeldude.com - Professional wheel dealer. #1 Rota Dealer.

17x9 42 mm offset, 5x 114mm available. they are selling for 850$ per set so they are a bit higher then I wanted to spend but they might be worth it. I should be able to get a 275mm tire on a 9" wheel just fine, right?

Fred

Last edited by Fred Allen Burge; 04-05-2009 at 04:53 PM..
Fred Allen Burge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:07 AM   #934
pinkarrowsnow
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
pinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftec View Post
Need some info on some Draglites on an S14. My setup consists of 30mm z32 brakes...also have the rear z32 brakes. Anyone have any idea of what offset/etc I'll need to fit a set of skinnies up front and a decent(9''+) setup in the rear? Including tires? This is going to be a drag car.
Ask on KA-T.org much more folks into dragging i had the same question a few months ago.
pinkarrowsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 02:48 PM   #935
Deftec
Zilvia Junkie

Deftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkarrowsnow View Post
Ask on KA-T.org much more folks into dragging i had the same question a few months ago.

Found some info from Weld. They said a 15x4 with 1 1/2 B/S would clear fronts, and 15x8-9'' in the rear with a 5 1/2 B/S would clear. Only issue with this is they are nearly $500 a wheel.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:33 AM   #936
DrtyRat
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
DrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Allen Burge View Post
Thanks but I already have 245's in the rear like you but I have them on a 17x8 wheel....if I had 9" wheels like yours I would certainly want to be running a wider tire on it like a 255 atleast. I'm not going to spend a lot of money on upgrading to a 9" wide rear wheel only to run the same size tire that I all ready have! (which it looks like by your pics I'd have to do just that w/o it sticking way out).

Bottom line, I guess what I really want is a 275 tire on the rear w/stock camber and no more then a rolled lip on the fender. And I want to do it on a <$200 per wheel budget!

So, my quest is now on to find a wheel that will fit those goals..

Fred
I see your point now. You aren't neccessarily(sp?) going for super flush/pulled fenders. You just want to put wider tires w/maybe a roll.(?) The mb's that I refered to earlier come in 17x9 +27, and if my questionable understanding of tire sizing is correct, the 255's you want to run would be 10mm wider than the 245's, and since the weapons come in a +27 also they would be sunk in 10mm more, effectively giving you the same stance/fitment that I have now. Keep in mind, my camber in the rear is just the result of lowering the car. I have no adjustable arms (rucas) in the rear, so if you have that, then it will allow you to run an even wider tire in the rear. Also, my I run a 45 series tire in the back, so that also plays into the fitment, somewhat.
BTW 17x9 +27 510.00 shipped(shipping is free):
Session Timeout - Discount Tire Direct

Quote:
America... Too soft to place a killer in a well deserved tomb, But brave enough to kill a baby before he leaves the womb
DrtyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:15 AM   #937
dued
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
dued is not welcome here anymoredued is not welcome here anymoredued is not welcome here anymoredued is not welcome here anymoredued is not welcome here anymoredued is not welcome here anymoredued is not welcome here anymoredued is not welcome here anymoredued is not welcome here anymoredued is not welcome here anymoredued is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Smile

Hi, Don't know if this has been covered yet but:

I would like to run 17 x 9.5 +30 wheels on all four corners with coilovers & Z32 brakes all around. I would like to do so without pulling nor rolling my fenders. Would this be possible and how so with camber & tire specs? Also, I'm open to running 17 x 9's all around if needed.

The car would be a NA KA24DE s14 with I/H/E.
dued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:40 PM   #938
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
wouldn't it be handy if we had a big thread to use as a database for stuff like this? seriously, did you read the thread at all? can you handle basic math? it's not that hard.

to answer the question, 9.5" +30 will likely hit the coilover in the front. if you space it out (10-15mm will do it), it will hit the fender. you're going to have to roll the fender.

here's my quick and dirty way to figure out tire width. take wheel width, add 1" for wheel lips, convert to metric by multiplying by 25.4, round up or down depending on how much buldge or stretch you want. that will give you a very mild stretch.

9.5+1=10.5*25.4=266.7
i'd run 265/40/17s if they were readily available, but 255/40s are more common.

brake clearance has nothing to do with wheel specs, only spoke design. you'll have to test fit or find someone who has for that particular wheel.
Old 04-12-2009, 02:07 PM   #939
lucky7
Post Whore!

lucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfection
i just fired up the hoopty and went down the street. scared the poop out of myself. 2nd gear 35mph, hit the gas and it goes all over the place. lol, i meed my tax return back.
Old 04-12-2009, 03:19 PM   #940
GMMTC

GMMTC is an unknown quantity at this point
225/60 on 16x7

and after lowering it, tucking!

GMMTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:13 PM   #941
HyperLeafBlower

HyperLeafBlower is on the path to ruinHyperLeafBlower is on the path to ruin
Draggin' slicks bruh!
Old 04-13-2009, 10:15 AM   #942
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMTC View Post
225/60 on 16x7

and after lowering it, tucking!

You are not tucking. 16x7 is a weak size. 225 is not that much tire.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:28 AM   #943
Deftec
Zilvia Junkie

Here's what I found I'll be running(getting these super cheap from a friend)

255/50/16 MT D/R on stock z32 rims. Think I'll have to do any roll/spacers?
Old 04-13-2009, 11:00 AM   #944
Devil Man
Zilvia Junkie

Devil Man is an unknown quantity at this point
ok so i have read alot here and from what i gather you guys are saying that i with a stock metal s13 (rolled and small pulled already) can run 255/40 all around on my 17x9 +22 with 10mm spacers all around. i would like to try to get some better grip then my 235's that i have on there right now, though i am not sure how much more grip i will gain.
Devil Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:07 AM   #945
Otto347
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
Otto347 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
225/60 on 16x7
225 is the new 315
Otto347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 12:28 PM   #946
GMMTC

GMMTC is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
You are not tucking. 16x7 is a weak size. 225 is not that much tire.

Sorry to burst your bubble.
Yeah it doesn't look like it in that pic but when people are in the car and with the new sub/box it tucks.
GMMTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 12:50 PM   #947
DeadlyZ33
Leaky Injector

DeadlyZ33 is just really niceDeadlyZ33 is just really niceDeadlyZ33 is just really niceDeadlyZ33 is just really niceDeadlyZ33 is just really niceDeadlyZ33 is just really niceDeadlyZ33 is just really niceDeadlyZ33 is just really niceDeadlyZ33 is just really nice
Quote:
Yeah it doesn't look like it in that pic but when people are in the car and with the new sub/box it tucks.
//facepalm
DeadlyZ33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 02:52 PM   #948
bshotts
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
bshotts is making a name for him/her selfbshotts is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bshotts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdlong View Post
wouldn't it be handy if we had a big thread to use as a database for stuff like this? seriously, did you read the thread at all? can you handle basic math? it's not that hard.

to answer the question, 9.5" +30 will likely hit the coilover in the front. if you space it out (10-15mm will do it), it will hit the fender. you're going to have to roll the fender.

here's my quick and dirty way to figure out tire width. take wheel width, add 1" for wheel lips, convert to metric by multiplying by 25.4, round up or down depending on how much buldge or stretch you want. that will give you a very mild stretch.

9.5+1=10.5*25.4=266.7
i'd run 265/40/17s if they were readily available, but 255/40s are more common.

brake clearance has nothing to do with wheel specs, only spoke design. you'll have to test fit or find someone who has for that particular wheel.
Fitment theory...finally someone sums it up in a simple statement! I've used this method countless times to answer fitment ?s haha. Thanks man!
bshotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:46 PM   #949
Vatche
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (289)
Vatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 289 reviews
Quote:
225/60 on 16x7

my next tire is going to be a 205/75.

hell yesh.

im gonna upgrade from a 255/40
The Ultimate For Sale Thread <> Review Thread
Vatche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 05:26 PM   #950
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
225/60 on 16x7

hey dude, what kind of wheels are those? they are fuckin CRAZY, y0.

i wonder if that setup will fit my widebody. 225... thats pretty fuckin wide. do i need to remove my fender liner? do i need to tub the body for that? do i need to remove my sub box and 2 girlfriends for that?

hit me up y0, pm anytime
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 06:08 PM   #951
xs240
BANNED

xs240 is an unknown quantity at this point
^he got banend lol, i guess it wasn't that funny... lets not junk this thread with uselessness... and guys seriously cmon... 225s... weaksauce... but still be nice to the guy.
xs240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:02 PM   #952
SicBastard
Zilvia Addict

SicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the rough
5 posts...

He must be somebody front'n from the wheel "fitment" thread.
SicBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:14 PM   #953
whyrun?
BANNED

whyrun? is an unknown quantity at this point
xs240, haha, he didnt get banned. its his personal space where he can write anything.
whyrun? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:16 PM   #954
A&M Boy
Leaky Injector

A&M Boy will become famous soon enoughA&M Boy will become famous soon enoughA&M Boy will become famous soon enoughA&M Boy will become famous soon enoughA&M Boy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to A&M Boy
not pushing things too much, no rubbing that i can tell

g force sports 255/35/r18
y2k cobras 18X9 +24
no spacers,roll and pull fronts, maybe pull in the rear but definitely no roll
Old 04-14-2009, 02:03 AM   #955
lucky7
Post Whore!

lucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfection
for the record, i DESTROY my 225's everytime i hit the pedal on the right. i re-confirmed it today.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:33 PM   #956
s15specR
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
s15specR is making a name for him/her selfs15specR is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Need a few good angle pics of a S14 with 18*9.5 (+15 to +20) rear wheels with a 265/35/18 tire mounted, no fender work done, just lowered if anything.

Thanks
s15specR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 05:02 PM   #957
SicBastard
Zilvia Addict

SicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the rough
A&M Boy, +24 in the front? Most people would need spacers to clear the brakes. Those wheels must have a nice spoke design. Who makes them?
SicBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 05:26 PM   #958
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SicBastard View Post
A&M Boy, +24 in the front? Most people would need spacers to clear the brakes. Those wheels must have a nice spoke design. Who makes them?
I'm no rocket scientist but I'm going to assume since they are Cobra wheels they are either made by FORD or knock offs of the wheels made by FORD. But thats just a guess, I mean I could be wrong, they could be made by Honda or something, maybe they are super cool works or volks? Who knows, we'll have to wait and see from the owner of the wheels.
holemilk00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:26 PM   #959
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by holemilk00 View Post
I'm no rocket scientist but I'm going to assume since they are Cobra wheels they are either made by FORD or knock offs of the wheels made by FORD. But thats just a guess, I mean I could be wrong, they could be made by Honda or something, maybe they are super cool works or volks? Who knows, we'll have to wait and see from the owner of the wheels.
Way to be an ass.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:23 PM   #960
A&M Boy
Leaky Injector

A&M Boy will become famous soon enoughA&M Boy will become famous soon enoughA&M Boy will become famous soon enoughA&M Boy will become famous soon enoughA&M Boy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to A&M Boy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SicBastard View Post
They are OE brand knock off mustang wheels. Also i have a wilwood bbk and it seems to clear better than the 300zx brakes it had on it before.