Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-23-2004, 01:44 AM   #31
selectivebeef
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
selectivebeef is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13silady
where is korean starbucks by the way?
the only korean starbucks in the bay area would be the one off of lawrence and el camino.
selectivebeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2004, 01:45 AM   #32
Heartwork
BANNED

Heartwork is an unknown quantity at this point
weeeeeeeeee

wouldnt you like to come home to that?
Heartwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 01:51 AM   #33
JH
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
JH is making a name for him/her selfJH is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13silady
i know it looks crappy... i think it looks crappy myself...
if you know, then why do it? and/or why show it off?

Quote:
you must've been mistaken...i dont go to state and never come near the downtown area... where is korean starbucks by the way?
it's where the car was last thursday...

Quote:
anyways..i know the car looks like crap... and thats why its being worked on... i will post pics of the cars progress.. you guys wont be dissapointed again...as for the colors, i was just joking... the whole motor is going to be black... the cars in project still and needs to get worked on ALOT...so constructive critisism is more appreciated than some shit talking... but its all good...
you speak of posting pics of the car's progress... how is poor paint applied during a period of "drunkeness" on the various engine bay components considered progress? You know when you want to clean it up later on it will end up costing more money and effort to remove that stuff to make it nice the second time around. You would have been better off not doing any of that, and instead of regressing first, then (hopefully) progressing later, you could have just saved the time and money and effort and do it the way you wanted to, and then post pics to blow people away... unless you're not building it for show, in which case pics wouldn't have been posted to begin with i suppose...

this is all constructive criticism... because you need to realize it as such. instead of getting your panties in a bunch because there are people who aren't patting you on the back and going "good job!" perhaps it's time for some introspection, and maybe you can continue with the progress you speak of. If there's anyone here who should be upset, it's me. That car lived its life for almost 2 years in a modified state being daily driven and having no problems and looking better and better along the way, and now for me to see a car I helped bring to life get closer and closer to death... it's just not cool. I've already heard of another sr20 "silvia" i worked on get sold to some kid in norcal get fucked up, and then ultimately wrecked... and it's just a sad sight to see, especially when it's avoidable.

EDIT: so the og owner of the car when it was first built saw the pics...

OG Owner : I am pretty sad
OG Owner : I was hoping one of these days I would see the car in better shape
OG Owner : but i don't want to see it anymore
OG Owner : seeing what that [guy] did to it

OG Owner : what happened?
OG Owner : seriously.
OG Owner : I feel like he is trying to mess it up
Me: looks like dude just doesn't take care of it
OG Owner : no, even if you don't take care of it, it'll look better than that.
OG Owner : now, I almost want to see that car in the junkyard due to a nice accident than floating around K starbucks
Me: >HAHAHA< yah all that time of your life invested into the car, and all the experiences... turn into that
Me: it would've been cool to see.. if like it went to someone like ron who would've put real time and effort into making it something better than when you had it
Me: it's like a kid almost.. you want to see it do well in life. not get whore tattoos and go to jail

Last edited by JH; 11-23-2004 at 02:08 AM..
JH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 02:22 AM   #34
nightwalker
Nissanaholic!

nightwalker is an unknown quantity at this point
boo hoo! You sold a car to someone in Norcal and they killed it. If you cared so much about it why did you sell it? I get it. So-cal style = hard parking, and whinning about how cool your ride is and how nor-cal people can't be as cool.
Old 11-23-2004, 02:35 AM   #35
WILDACEX187
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
WILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WILDACEX187
IMO i think u guys should get off this kids case. its his car, he paid for it, he could run it off a cliff if he wants. why do u all gotta jump on him like that? did he do something to u? do honda people when they see a civic hatch with a double decker wing on top of the hatch get upset and start complaining? NO THEY DONT. they just look laugh and be on their merry way cuz its not their problem and their car will never look like that. they dont walk up to the guy and critize him and make him feel like a bad person for wat he thinks looks cool on his car. and even if he doesnt think its cool so the fukkk wat its his car and he could put a ranchero 4" lift on his car for all he wants and nobody should judge him for that like u shouldnt judge this kid.

p.s. oh and to that og owner if he really loved his car he wouldnt have sold it. and dont come at me with financial reasons blah blah blah. if he was in debt or wateva maybe he shouldve thought of that before he spent money on a sr. bottom line is he sold the car, he has no right to be critizing the new owner for wat hes doing to it now because u know wat IT AINT HIS FUKKIN CAR NO MO. he got money, he signed over title. if he doesnt like wats being done to it maybe he shouldve junked it like he said. its gone, get over it and suck it up.

p.s.s. i believe that people should talk on the forums like u would in person. i doubt any of u talkin crap on the forum would go up to him in person and tell him all this bs. stop critizing people for things like these, worry bout ya own ish. if the guy wants feedback give him feedback ON THE CAR. he dont need u guys telling him how hes a ricer because of the influence of his surroundings. to me the car looks good, rims look nice and its turbo. suspension is needed and under the hood looks like all the parts are made of plastic but wateva its a car, its quick and its in a good direction. keep up the good work s13silady
Old 11-23-2004, 02:38 AM   #36
JH
Zilvia Member

that's not even the issue at hand... and i'm not the one who sold the car either. (and fyi the car was sold by the og owner to buy real estate property.. a wise choice imo.) and you obviously don't get anything since your conclusion was that this is a norcal vs. socal debate. it isn't. oh well.
Old 11-23-2004, 02:48 AM   #37
Daniel
Leaky Injector

Daniel is an unknown quantity at this point
frisko cali 415 niggaz
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 03:23 AM   #38
s13silady
Nissanaholic!

s13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfection
anyhoo... thanks for all the critisism...as for JH... i know its all constructive therefore no hard feelings... but like i said its getting a new facia

things i gotta put in (just too cold and too lazy):

ARC FMIC
nismo 65 mm studs
Kics 20mm spacers for rear
greddy catch can.
greddy RAS
do-luck tension guage
susp. technique. strut bar.

near future:

hippo sleek front. (knock off though)
either Work Vs-xx or 5zigen FN's
professional powdercoating of my valve cover and FMIC pipes. (they are polished aluminum now)
so pretty much the majority of my SR is going to be black.
Old 11-23-2004, 09:56 AM   #39
kingsol
Zilvia FREAK!

kingsol will become famous soon enoughkingsol will become famous soon enoughkingsol will become famous soon enoughkingsol will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to kingsol
Quote:
Originally Posted by JH
that's not even the issue at hand... and i'm not the one who sold the car either. (and fyi the car was sold by the og owner to buy real estate property.. a wise choice imo.) and you obviously don't get anything since your conclusion was that this is a norcal vs. socal debate. it isn't. oh well.
you're the one who has been talking about norcal and how this car is a reflection of "norcal style" ... and you suck and therefore socal does too...

There is a time in every man's education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide; that he must take himself for better for worse as his portion; that though the wide universe is full of good, no kernel of nourishing corn can come to him but through his toil bestowed on that plot of ground which is given to him to till.
-Emerson
kingsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 11:04 PM   #40
JH
Zilvia Member

wow i am still constantly amazed at how people lack the ability to grasp the simple fact that i am NOT from socal, nor am i playing up any norcal vs. socal or westcyyyyyde vs. eastsiiiide bs. I am IN norcal, and that's why I know how horrible people approach their methods of car modifications up here, esp with 240s... even before 90% of the people on this board probably even had a 240. Maybe things will change... eventually...but it won't change if people don't try and look at stuff like this from outside their little bubble of obliviousness. Anyway, this might hopefully give people a better idea of the point i was trying to make from the beginning: when this car was in its original form, it was worth every penny it was bought for, no question about that. But in its current form, its value has probably been halved. Ok, so you say: "it doesn't matter that it's worth on the market, all that matters is what it's worth to me." Ok, valid statement, but can you *honestly* say that you don't care when you devalue your own car? And if money is an issue when you modify your car... remember it's cheaper to save up to do things the right way the first time around than to do something wrong first, then right later...
So anyway, to the new owner of this car... you seem to have at least set goals. I hope you can attain them... now you know that it's better to take the straight path to get from point A at ground level to point B at the top of the mountain... don't go from point A, to some intermediate point below ground, then back up to point B.

This is the funny part.. apparently my friend was bored at his work today and emailed me the following to add to this post. (BTW, this "JH" is not my acct either.. I use it from time to time because i have never wanted a zilvia acct...)

__________________________________________________ ______________

To the owner of this car:

I am the previous owner of the car. My friends and I worked over the summer a few years ago to build that car from the ground up. I had a great time working on it, learning from it, and yielding the fruits of the labor. I had a great 2 years or so driving it w/o any major problems and I cannot say how much fun the overall experience was. I ended up selling the car b/c I wanted to put that money towards purchasing real estate. I am hoping that decision will prove to be a wise decision in the future and do not regret it.

I sold the car to a nice kid who seemed very passionate about the car like I was. He wanted to keep the “sleeper” look of the car and promised to take great car of the car as I did. But, I believe he ended up in financial trouble and so that’s how this car ended up in your hands.

Now that I think about it…this car is like an ex-girlfriend. Having spent countless hours with it, one can’t feel being attached to it and being somewhat emotional about it… remembering the good times and the vision you had for it. However, I do recognize that this is your car. It is your car you paid for and you have every right to do whatever you want to with it. Your vision for it may not align with mine (or my friends) and I understand. All I can do is hope that you take good care of it. And it seems like you have plans to fix it up properly. I hope you do.

Anyways, I would like to see your progress especially with the FMIC so please continue to post. And a few words of advice:

If you are planning to show it off to friends and other 240 enthusiasts, I know for a fact that flashy colors does not always equal praise. When I had the car, I tried to keep everything low-key even to the sound of the exhaust and the color of the battery. That theme played really well to everyone including police officers (when you get pulled over), smog inspectors (when they do visuals), and most importantly other enthusiasts. I’ve realized that enthusiasts with one look can tell how clean your car is and recognize the work that’s been done without bright colors pointing to it.

Best of luck to you.
Old 11-23-2004, 11:37 PM   #41
iamwesley
Zilvia Member

iamwesley is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey, Just wondering how do you like the SARD BOV?... Is it loud?
iamwesley is offline   Reply With Quote